• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
To clarify, there's an additional five or so TVs not in use because there aren't GCs/Wiis available.

--GCII
if this problem is still around sunday i might be able to help, although i doubt it will be since the field should be sufficiently narrowed by then, at least i would think. in any case, i live about 30 mins from the venue and might be able to bring a cube, wii and a couple memory cards + 1 copy of smash on sunday (i'm busy on saturday), just pm me if needed.

hopefully things can get relatively squared away and run smoothly tomorrow, it'd be a shame to have so many great smashers in one place and not have it be an awesome tournament.

Big_R

Smash Champion
CoK+Watty still needs to hold it down. If there isn't enough tvs then just open it up for free for alls. Mathos is the master of them. Yayuhz

KishSquared

Smash Master
Hey guys, not to sound mean, but let's keep the negative posts out of here. The hosts are in a very difficult situation, and the last thing they need is to find a bunch of emotionally-draining comments in here when they check up on things. For the sake of those attending, we should all wish Ken and Manacloud the best of luck in getting things figured out.

Ken and Mana - I sincerely hope that things go well for you guys. I know the stress of managing this kind of thing, and I wouldn't wish undue amount of it on anyone. Just know that I'm hoping it works out for you. Keep up the good work!

The Game II

Smash Champion
if this problem is still around sunday i might be able to help, although i doubt it will be since the field should be sufficiently narrowed by then, at least i would think. in any case, i live about 30 mins from the venue and might be able to bring a cube, wii and a couple memory cards + 1 copy of smash on sunday (i'm busy on saturday), just pm me if needed.

hopefully things can get relatively squared away and run smoothly tomorrow, it'd be a shame to have so many great smashers in one place and not have it be an awesome tournament.
I'm really hoping things go well tomorrow because WE ALL (not just the TOs) need it.

It looks like, on the surface, more GCs/Wiis are going to be needed instead of TVs. Reason I say that is because, since no competitions were held we don't know the pace and availability of stations. It could be just right, really great or really bad. We'll see come morning.

--GCII

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
I just got home from day 1. I'm thoroughly disappointed. I'm not sure who to place blame on. Smashers are stupid. Period. 200 idiots showing up 5 hours early? You guys can wavedash and L-Cancel but you don't have the ability to use common sense. Because of your stupidity, people who rented cars for THREE days and people who rented hotels for THREE days lost money for this wasted day. Think of all that wasted gas for the people who drove. I left work early for this and lost money for the 2 hours that I didn't work. I spent money to rent a car for three days and I spent money on gas driving there today and ALL that money is just wasted now.

I hope you understand my frustrations.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
-_-

I'm interested to see how this will turn out.

PandaX

Smash Lord
The tournament is supposed to start right now (5 p.m.).

However, people are being told to not come to the venue until 6:30 p.m., perferrably 7 p.m., which means that the tournament might not start until 8 p.m.

Who is to blame? Depends on who you talk to. I did not see any notice saying that people had to stay away until 4 p.m. And I had intentions of coming to cover the event beginning at 2:30 p.m.

About 200 people were here at 9 a.m., in which came several police officers to figure out what was going on. Mike Hoang, one of the tournament organizers, was blaming the competitors for coming so late.
Before anyone starts putting hate on anyone, just get the facts straight and just play the effin game these next 2 days. That's what counts now.

It's a wonder how so many people ***** about the smallest things, and yet they don't really see the worst end of what could possibly go wrong.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
I had fun today, got a lot of friendly matches in and saw a lot of old/new faces. Everyone just ***** at smash now XD . I’m hoping that the teams tourney gets priority and starts early tomorrow, and for crews to be put on hold and only done if there’s enough time/doesn’t interfere with singles. I'll be bringing my cube+smash for Saturday since there’s a shortage.

I didn't make it to OC2, so I can't compare the venue, but it was really cramped and hot in that warehouse with only 1 fan going. It will only get worse tomorrow with more smashers attending + the hot weather + less room once they manage to add more smash stations.

But rest assure that the staff is doing the best they can, I saw them at midnight today and they all looked exhausted. They should be applauded with how they managed to handle today’s situation/stress that was out of their hands (with a lot of help from people that are not even staff, you should see poor Mike Monkey’s sunburn). See everyone tomorrow and I hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your Cali experience.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
sorry for all the things that happened today, it was unexpected. There was much confusion in everything and lots of things were upside down. However, the 0c3 staff tried our best to keep things stable which involved me standing outside in the hot sun for 6 hours along with lvl 9 cpu and our lovable Mikemonkey.

for those who didn't hear, Crews will start at 9 AM Sharp.

If you for some reason did not come today and register, you can still register on Saturday. I will have the Registration open from 8 am to 10 am. However if you feel you can only come later, it is estimated that teams will start at around 1-2 pm.

I'm sorry again, The 0c3 staff are all really tired and I've been up for 2 days straight and probably will pull an all nighter again tonight.

See you at 8am tommorrow!!

Ken-

$ick

Smash Lord
Wow, this wasn't what I was expecting to see.... That sucks everything was an absolute disaster. I don't know if I could handle that many people, while it being that hot, and not being able to play more than a few matches.. Hope everything turns out better the next day... =/

PandaX

Smash Lord
sorry for all the things that happened today, it was unexpected. There was much confusion in everything and lots of things were upside down. However, the 0c3 staff tried our best to keep things stable which involved me standing outside in the hot sun for 6 hours along with lvl 9 cpu and our lovable Mikemonkey.

for those who didn't hear, Crews will start at 9 AM Sharp.

If you for some reason did not come today and register, you can still register on Saturday. I will have the Registration open from 8 am to 10 am. However if you feel you can only come later, it is estimated that teams will start at around 1-2 pm.

I'm sorry again, The 0c3 staff are all really tired and I've been up for 2 days straight and probably will pull an all nighter again tonight.

See you at 8am tommorrow!!

Ken-
A very responsible post I'd say. You guys are having it rough but I'm sure it will go as followed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
At first I was wondering how Ken was going to be doing this tournament, but I just now realized that he is running one of the largest melee tournaments to date and how little sleep and time to practice he is going to get.

That sucks. :\

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what is the purpose of registering? Is it only to register for team and crew matches, or does not registering affect your singles matchups and other things, too?

I couldn't make it to the tournement at 10 because I overslept, but singles pools don't even start until Sunday (Right?). Will there be another chance to register before then?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Are there no online brackets to follow? :(

Where is Neal's amazing tio in action?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That live blog is funny.

"And then he used mindgames to get a second stock!"

haha

Snap

Smash Ace
hey glenn

how is the food? what are they serving

you should add an "0C3 cuisine" section to getyourtournament to update us on the food =)

by the way, thank you so much for your frequent blogs!!! it's like im almost there!

NORCAL FTW!!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
hey glenn

how is the food? what are they serving

you should add an "0C3 cuisine" section to getyourtournament to update us on the food =)

by the way, thank you so much for your frequent blogs!!! it's like im almost there!

NORCAL FTW!!!
Lunch today is hot dogs.

I thought it was hamburgers, but I said screw it anyway and went to Wendy's lol.

--GCII

Nezumi

Smash Journeyman
hot dogs? wow they really dished out the money for this one. 75$ for 2 days of tournament play, sleeping on the floor of a dusty warehouse, and hot dogs...

has anyone actually paid the 20$ to play bomb soldier? Or has he been sitting around, not allowed to play any friendlies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom