• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord

I can adjust any sizes of the logos and stars and such. I guess the black space looks pretty good, makes it look smaller, compact which is good.

Hm the brawl circle or just the logo or kirby or star size or whatever.... your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Faster I figure what looks good, the faster I'll post up all my ~40 Kirby Hats Skins.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024

I can adjust any sizes of the logos and stars and such. I guess the black space looks pretty good, makes it look smaller, compact which is good.

Hm the brawl circle or just the logo or kirby or star size or whatever.... your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Faster I figure what looks good, the faster I'll post up all my ~40 Kirby Hats Skins.
Personally I like the date/time on the second one (with the black border) however I like the star placement on the first. When you asked which logo you should use I at first thought the super smash one...but then I started to really like how the Kirby one looked lol. Then I decided that you could also just fuse them together. The thought I had for it would be something like this:

Not sure if you like the idea or not, just something that crossed my mind. If you want that file here is a link to it in .png form so its transparent. On the very border of the brawl check there is some white border, but seeing how light your skin is that..shouldn't be an issue. If it is it shouldn't be hard to remove either though.

Download link: http://files.filefront.com/Smash+Kirbypng/;8962113;/fileinfo.html

Cant wait to see the hat package. More skins the better. ^^

P.S. The download image is really large so that you can shrink it to any size you want.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^Actually I agree with everything you just said.
-Star size
-Black space for #s

interesting logo, I like it but does anyone else? Eh whatever I like it, I use it. Thank you Hitaku for the logo! 70% chance I'll probably get the skins up tonight.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
The Kirby hats are looking great! The black border time seems to be the favorite of most so far. And the FDL Kirby looks freakin' sweet! Kirby is made of win, and so is Link, so Kirby + a suped up Link = mega win.

The only thing I see that needs to be fixed to me, is the warpstar. The edges on it look a little rough. But like you said it's not the final versions so don't worry about it yet.

How do you make the Kirby hats fit so perfectly? Just lots of fiddling around with image sizing?

I'm think the next one I'm making is going to be another Link skin. But it'll be better because well, you know, NOT using MS paint. lol

Edit:

Here's the new Link skin I made:

No glass

Glass

And this .txt works for both

(your choice text)
255 255 150
116 13
118 34
125 54
128 73

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ok, I decided to try my first light colored skin (other than the basic layout I used for the slide show). I think it's going to be themed around Pit seeing as he stands out as the "light" character. The problem with white skins is that the glass theme wont work on them =/. I am going to need to find a new method for giving it some kinda depth or...pizazz.

Edit: Ok, so...this one is different from all my others. Like I said I couldn't use the glass theme so I had to kinda try something new. Light skins normally are not my thing but I like this one a lot more then I thought I would. Trying new ideas takes time I guess. =P

For black background, if I get a request I will make a normal one.

Custom.txt:
Arial
0 0 0
225 11
225 23
225 35
225 47

Tennisthehilife: As far as putting this on the front page, I wouldn't exactly place this with my other themes seeing as its not really part of the glass set. However, I know we are on a picture limit so if you think its' going to be a problem feel free to add it if you need to.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
96 Days 2 Go!

To SymphonyX: Yeah Sticky Please!

To Blubba Pinecone + Hitaku: I've uploaded your skins, was little hard though because its a 21 pic limit. I'll have to use the third post somehow.

To Everyone: eh... I couldn't do the pics last night, busy, I'll do it today for sure. After these I plan to do a Takamaru skin.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024

One last question.

Edit: Any sugguestions at all will help me.
I like the first one, looks great. If I had to give any suggestions, I would try and go over the star borders and make them a little more smooth. Great job though, love it.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Yeah I'd go with the 1st. And like I said on the last page and Hitaku just said, just need to smooth out the warpstar's edges. Otherwise it looks great! =]

So what's the deal with this number limit problem you said was coming up? I should probably already know what it is but I don't, so if you'd be willing to explain, chances are that I could come up with a handy bypass method to use.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
^To Blubba_Pinecone: Theres a pic limit to posts or something. When I have over 21 smashboards won't let me keep all 22 or more pics. I don't think theres a way around it b/c Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions Thread and such have to use more than 1 post to keep all the pics. I will probably just edit my 3rd post to fit in the pics. (wished I worried about this sooner, but its not that big of a deal)

Elysium

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the forum lately. I'm having some internet "complications" at my place, so i'm forced to use my colleges library. I should be back on around the 15th in full force again. Oh and Tennis I think you win the post count.... for now.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Love the skins man, they look great. I like how many sets we have up at the moment

I'll try to get some pictures while i'm at school so I can come back with some skins for the thread.
Can't wait to see them.

For my next skin...I was thinking about making 3 themed around power, courage, and wisdom. Not sure if I would throw in pics of link, zelda, and gannon with them but I guess we will see. Actually still not really set on the idea, just something kinda going through my head.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Maybe I should try my hand at this skin thing.

The Kirby skins look great. I have to have two countdowns open, one with an alternating Brawl characters, and the other alternating KHats.

I

i8waffles612

Yes you can, I have three open. One for Brawl characters, one for hats, and the other counting down Galaxy.

Just open the program again. It will open on top of the other countdown with the same skin, so make sure to move it so you can see both.
ohhhh I see, thanks :D

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
For my next skin...I was thinking about making 3 themed around power, courage, and wisdom. Not sure if I would throw in pics of link, zelda, and gannon with them but I guess we will see. Actually still not really set on the idea, just something kinda going through my head.
Since you're not really set on this yet, I'd be willing to urge you to do something else. Like Megaman. =P lol

However, if you have any other ideas you want to do go ahead and do them first, as I am bound to be making much more LoZ themed skins. But if you really do want to, by all means, go on ahead! I have no right to stop you!

The next skins I'm thinking of though are an Ike skin or a Bomberman skin... so yeah.

For the picture limit issue, Tennis, I'm thinking you could either use your idea of using your other posts on the front page, or, I also thought that you could post links to some of our posts for us more regular skin makers so we could have our own section that's linked to. But I think the edit posts on the first page deal is probably better unless we really find a good way to implement the second idea...

Symphony X

Smash Lord
For the picture limit issue, Tennis, I'm thinking you could either use your idea of using your other posts on the front page, or, I also thought that you could post links to some of our posts for us more regular skin makers so we could have our own section that's linked to. But I think the edit posts on the first page deal is probably better unless we really find a good way to implement the second idea...
You could make a second thread for eveyone elses work except Hitaku and Tennis, as they are the main people. Then link to the second thread on the first page.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Ahh yes, a second thread! Brilliant idea! But, assuming a second thread is made, I would say that it should be located in a different forum of the site while this one stays here. Just to help with any forum clogging... no one wants that.

And I'm not one of the main people? lol =P

Elysium

Smash Lord
Either the pool room or the art room

Edit: Ok I got about 30 pictures and possible pre-made backgrounds so I'll be busy way up to the 15th when I move(which is why i don't have internet right now), So be expecting like 3 or 4 ... or more skins by then. Of course i'll come here and let you all know whats going on.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god kirby hats! Very nicely done. Is there anyway you could label those ones with who kirby's supposed to be? I know most of em, but some seam just really obscure.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Oh my god kirby hats! Very nicely done. Is there anyway you could label those ones with who kirby's supposed to be? I know most of em, but some seam just really obscure.
If you download the skins, each folder, which contains the skin, should tell you what character Kirby has copied. Obscure? which one I'm curious. The Rayman one was hard for me to figure out. Aang from Avatar is random. Andy from Advance Wars is hard to figure also. Masahiro Sakurai Kirby PWNS ALL!!!

2nd thread, eh I don't really want to but its a option. I'll edit my 3rd post to fit in pics. After that perhaps I'll make a 2nd thread or make a different thread just to keep the pics and link it.

And I'm not one of the main people? lol =P
You have posted alot of skins and are pretty active in this thread so I consider you a main person. O do you just mean Hitaku + me... eh... iono I guess anyone w/ 3 or more posts is a main person to me.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I made this skin myself and I'm pretty proud of it.

For Mac Users

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/details.php?wid=2182
(not made by me, credit to the guy on website, posted by DstyCube)
I thought this was extremely funny. For us Windows users we get 54 days, for the Mac users 116. It's stupid but I was looking at that and started laughing.

Update: For the skins expect a Bowser, Link, Samus..... and either Ridley or Ice Climbers. Maybe even a Krystal one cuz I got a new picture of her, but maybe I'll turn it into a Sig instead....

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I thought this was extremely funny. For us Windows users we get 54 days, for the Mac users 116. It's stupid but I was looking at that and started laughing.
Lmao that's great, never caught that before.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I don't think that is funny. When I posted the first clock, that was the real amount of days left. I was little sad b/c I posted it kind of late, but now - nvm. The time the Mac has is after the delay news and such.

-Not funny T.T

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Hm does this count as a double post? It doesn't if its after a day or something right? Whats the rule on that?

I'm working on my Takamaru skin.

I want Takamaru for Brawl. For those of you who are not familar with him:
Heres the offical forum.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73419

Heres a strategy guide.
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasame-Jou/How_to_play

Heres the game, speed run.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4NUa-vydI

Heres the theme, awesome song, it would be great in brawl.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5EKqi9uGcM

Background:
-Japan-Only Famicom Disk System title, Nazo no Murasame-jō.
-Sister game of Zelda
-Nintendo's first samurai character
-also has ninja attacks (which I kind of don't like)

Reasons why he should be in Brawl: (I guess I'm promoting him now, but I still go on)
- is a samurai/eastern, all rest of Brawl swords are european/western.
- retro, nintendo's first samurai
- good moveset
- song
- if he is in, theres a possibility of a Takamaru game for Wii!!!

Ok sorry I was kind of off track. I wished I had a good Takamaru hat for Kirby.
- What do you think of the skin
- I'm not sure how to fit everything + Time/date
- anybody have any good pics of Takamaru?

Elysium

Smash Lord
I don't think that is funny. When I posted the first clock, that was the real amount of days left. I was little sad b/c I posted it kind of late, but now - nvm. The time the Mac has is after the delay news and such.

-Not funny T.T
I know thats why the Mac has more time on it, thats why it was funny. It made it seem like you were worse off with the Mac countdown.

Update: My first skin is just about done. Just needs the SSBB thing and the days and such, then one down. I also started one layer for my second skin. I'm trying to stay original with everything so I'm trying to get everything done quick so I don't mistakenly copy someones idea..... maybe I should copyright them. lol

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
anyone on here have a mac? if you do, I definitely suggest getting OS X leopard....there's this new thing that lets you create your own dashboard widgets, you just resize this little box on any webpage you want and then save that section of the site to your dashboard....so now all i have to do every morning is hit F12, and the new update is right there for me to see...epic lazy tool :laugh:

Top Bottom