• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
omg what skins folder???? im lost at that part!!

EDIT: please somebody i wanna get this done before i get to bed!!!!!
First you have to have a skin.

A skin is a folder w/ any name.
Inside are two things:
-'back' a JPEG format picture 250x90
-'Custom' a txt file w/ the coordinates for time/date

inside the custom txt file shoud look like this:
Arial
0 0 0
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76
type/copy/paste them in. this determines the txt, txt size, and placement of the Days/Hours/Mins/Secs

So have 1 folder with those 2 things inside.

Next you have to put that skin folder into the Phantim3 skins folder:

Go to:
My Computer
->Local Disk
-->Program Folders
--->Phantim3
---->Skins

^thats where the skins have to be in order to use them.

Are you using the downloaded skins? You just have to put them in that Phantim3 "Skins" folder.

Do you have trouble opening the WinRAR?

Do you have WinRAR? its a simple must have program that just about everyone uses. You need it to unzip files: http://www.winrar-download.info/
After you install it, Right Click, Extract Here then put it in that phantim3 skin folder

the end. Hope that answered your problem.

To Hitaku: I can reupload the skins/change the text folders easily, just open them all up at once and replace each one by one. Its better that I fix it then everyone else who wants to use them. I just have to make sure what txt coordinates you want:

(1st one) This is the current txt file used.
Arial
0 0 0
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

(2nd one) the one you posted
Arial
0 0 0
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

In my opinion, the first (current) one is good already. doesnt the 2nd seem a lil high?

(1st one) current one in download section
Arial
255 255 255
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

(2nd one) the one u posted earlier.
Arial
225 225 225
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

IMO, the first one looks better. my only complaint is that the Secs is kind of close

Just make sure you give me the coordinates you want.

Edit:
Just so no one asks/ is confused. The txt file coordinates of Hitaku's new Bowser Jr., Falco, and Wolf additions are messed up a bit. The skins in the Download Section are the same (messed up). After Hitaku tells me the coordinates he wants, I'll reupload them.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I sure am glad you could help! xD Dang sometimes my brain just plain doesn't understand the simplest of things. =P

Hey Tennis, or anyone, could you give me an idea to make a skin from? I really have an urge to make one right now but have no leads. lol.

Blooagga - that metal Kirby looks sick B)

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
To Hitaku: I can reupload the skins/change the text folders easily, just open them all up at once and replace each one by one. Its better that I fix it then everyone else who wants to use them. I just have to make sure what txt coordinates you want:

(1st one) This is the current txt file used.
Arial
0 0 0
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

(2nd one) the one you posted
Arial
0 0 0
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

In my opinion, the first (current) one is good already. doesnt the 2nd seem a lil high?

(1st one) current one in download section
Arial
255 255 255
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

(2nd one) the one u posted earlier.
Arial
225 225 225
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

IMO, the first one looks better. my only complaint is that the Secs is kind of close

Just make sure you give me the coordinates you want.

Edit:
Just so no one asks/ is confused. The txt file coordinates of Hitaku's new Bowser Jr., Falco, and Wolf additions are messed up a bit. The skins in the Download Section are the same (messed up). After Hitaku tells me the coordinates he wants, I'll reupload them.
I personally thought it looked better higher up like on the second one, but if you guys like it how it is I think thats how it should stay ^^. As for the Custom.txt file on the skins I posted last night, they should be the same as the Custom.txt used in the other models. When I typed them up I did it wrong.

Also, the reason the seconds are close is because of the canvas shrink to make it round. To make it have more room I would need to take more off the actual image or make it smaller text (which would be hard to read).

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Okay so I guess: everyone vote! Which you like better? the first or 2nd? (position of the day/hour/min/sec) Your vote counts.

Edit:
blooagga's skin uploaded- Yay Kirby!

after thinking about the which is better

I like the first one. (hm not sure anymore)

Hmm... the 2nd one looks nicer.. I think.. iono, hard to decide.

Hitaku is the artist and it is his skins. I'm not sure which looks better. I feel the first one is more centered, balanced, its lower than the Days/Hours. But the 2nd one is more aligned with the Days/Hours like so: [89 Days 78 Hours 54 Secs] Hm, actually I'm kind of siding with the 2nd one now, now that I think about aligning it as same as Days/Hours.

I now agree with Krystal on the right. Right Falco Day/Hr seems kind of high, thats why I like the Left Falco, but I like the way it lines up w/ the Day/Hr. on the Right Falco.

The ones on the left is the current one, the ones you guys already downloaded. Which one looks better so I can reupload them?

VOTE!!!

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, as far as I'm concerned, I like the skins with the numbers bottom aligned perfectly height wise with the d/h/m/s labels. That's how I've been making all my .txt's.

So if you ask me, the skins on the right look better just because of that. Even the Falco one. Sure, it looks higher than the Krystal one, but the left Falco's numbers look way too low to me.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
id say the first one, but hey tennis, now that i know what to do, i have a request for a countdown timer skin:

have the same color template on the sonic one with the blue flame, keep the flame, but change the sonic on the left to luigi, and change the name to SonicLuigi?? PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
id say the first one, but hey tennis, now that i know what to do, i have a request for a countdown timer skin:

have the same color template on the sonic one with the blue flame, keep the flame, but change the sonic on the left to luigi, and change the name to SonicLuigi?? PLEASE AND THANK YOU
I think you'll like this. I did what you asked and changed the flame like images in the background to a green shade to compliment the green of Luigi. If you don't like something that I did, or you would like something else done to it, let me know.

For you:

For others that would like to use it without text:

The Custom.txt files should match the sonic glass ones (if for some reason this is not true, please inform me). Enjoy ^^

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
-I'm still not sure which (2nd post on this page)
What ever you like more =)

Man, I'd rather not be reminded every single time I look at my desktop. Hehe... T_T
Meh, its not that bad. I normally don't look at i every day (despite working on these skins) so when I look at it and see a chunk of a few days go by it feels kinda nice. =P

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Of course he can. He is a God! :laugh:
Or maybe he can't cuz he doesn't have the time, either way though..... He's a God.
lol you guys, your giving me this image that I really don't deserve. ><

hey hitaku, can u change that countdown timer by removing the hours days, ect. enlarge it to sig size please? that would be awesome!!
Not to sure what you mean actually. You want me to remove the days/hours/mins/secs from it...I get that much, but it would also require me moving the location of the numbers as well in order to enlarge the signature for you. Where would you like the days/hours/mins/secs located? Another thing to remember is that in order for me to enlarge the signature I'm going to need to move it down to the bottom.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
i dont want the days,hours,mins,secs on it i just want it enlarged to about the size of ur sig pic thats all
To do what I think you're thinking of, you'd need to go inside the actual coding of Phantim3 and allow it to use larger images than 250x90's. Unless it works with larger ones and I just didn't know... but I doubt that.

Edit: I just attempted to use a larger pic, and no, it doesn't work. I'd need to find a way to access the coding of the program but I can't do that on my computer. =\

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
yes thats what i am wanting jsut it enlarged for my sig and the hours days mins and secs removed
Oh rofl, I see now. Well....hmm. To be honest I'm not really sure how well those images can be stretched. Trying never hurts though so...what size are you looking for?

Edit: Thanks Symphony X for helping clarify, I was quite confused.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
hmmmm like what do u mean size? size of characters??? or wat
No, the size of the image itself.
Example, look at my signature and then Symphony X's. Notice how they are different shapes. Thats what I am talking about.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
could u make mine the size of symphony x's??
Cant promise anything due to the quality of the images I'm working with but I can sure try for you. I wont be able to get to it today but I can try for tomorrow.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Since I can't think of cool skins right now I'm trying to make myself a signature picture... it'll be LoZ/Link themed but I'm lacking in the 'come up with a cool looking design' department. Anyone willing to help?

I'm trying to have one Link that is fierce and another that is more curious... and a dark green background that would be complementary to the lost woods. (I love the lost woods =]) Also trying to incorperate a Triforce and some text... and I'm not too picky about the size. Either Symphony X size or Hitaku size will work.

So yeah, any ideas?

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
This post was originally for your signature SonicLuigi, however, I decided with a little more time I could make the quality of the image better then it was in its current form. Its going to take a little time (some time Wednesday) but it should be worth the wait. Sorry for the useless post lol, just can't stand posting work that I feel has room for improvement.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
First I would just like to say that I hate low quality images T_T. I wish all images were super high quality and started at some huge size, it would make graphic art so much more simple lol.

With that being said these two images as well as the flames blurred a lot when I sized them this large, however, I tried to do the best I could as far as fixing it back to its original form as well as give it some extra coolness =). Some of the letters in the Super Smash Bros Brawl logo got...torn apart so they needed to be mostly reformed from scratch. I'm not going to say which ones they are so that you don't just focus on them, but if you happen to notice on your own and find it not to your liking, please make sure to inform me. I made sure to size it to the same size as Symphony X's as you requested. I hope that you enjoy using it. ^^

Tennisthehilife: You probably wouldn't, but I just wanted to make sure. Don't put this signature on the front page seeing as it's kinda off topic. While I don't mind doing signature requests I wouldn't want them on the front page really.

Edit: While working on this image I noticed a funny thing, Luigi is green with blue eyes and sonic is blue with green eyes. Makes the color scheme much better. =P

blooagga

Smash Journeyman

Ok i think they are starting to look better. I wanted to make it say all your base are belong to us but i decided not to :laugh:

Top Bottom