• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
nice job :D giga + sonic 'glass' skins are hawt =P, but why no falco/wolf skins? ;( -cough- glass also -cough-

blooagga

Smash Journeyman

I amde this one... kinda lame but I got kinda upsessed with the metal meta knight i made.

edit: ok heres the txt.

Sydnie
0 0 0
238 6
238 32
238 56
238 83

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
anyone on here have a mac? if you do, I definitely suggest getting OS X leopard....there's this new thing that lets you create your own dashboard widgets, you just resize this little box on any webpage you want and then save that section of the site to your dashboard....so now all i have to do every morning is hit F12, and the new update is right there for me to see...epic lazy tool :laugh:
Leopard is kinda cool, I just didn't really see that large of an upgrade in the OS. That Dashboard thing is kinda cool though, I'll admit that.

nice job :D giga + sonic 'glass' skins are hawt =P, but why no falco/wolf skins? ;( -cough- glass also -cough-

Right now I have a few things I am dealing with at home, but I will get to that as my next set of skins if you would like =).

I amde this one... kinda lame but I got kinda upsessed with the metal meta knight i made.
Do you have a Custom.txt file for that?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord

Its not lame at all, awesome skin. The more the merrier. ^Yeah as Hitaku said, Post your copy and paste Custom.txt file stuff.

Hitaku, what do you think of my skin? on previous page.

Hey no one wants to help me w/ my skin? no one commented on it yet T.T

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Hitaku, what do you think of my skin? on previous page.

Sorry about that, didn't mean to forget ya ><

As far as my help...let's see. I think that the skin is very classical Japanese (and thats a good thing ). I don't know the character really so I cant say if it suites him or not but overall it has a nice feel.

Now for improvements:

I really like the first skin because of how simple it is. I'm a guy who likes things very symmetrical and clean. However, on the second one, you have that bar image showing mostly his face. I also like that because it shows more of the actual character...but I'm really not sure how it could be used here. The other image you have of him is also nice, but with it being a little fuzzy it may take away from the skin. Sadly I don't really know any good places for images =/. Good quality images are hard to get for a lot of characters.

With those things being said an idea I had was taking the image on the left and using that as the base. I like the smash symbol and the Japanese symbol but I think they are a little big, also if you can get one that's a little more clear it could help. You can really place the day/hour/etc. anywhere because black will fit over red and white both. Off the top of my head I'm really not sure where the best place would be to place the color image of the character, but I think it needs one. Maybe an opacity change would help?

Hope that helps you, feel free to ask for more advise if this fails in helping you ^^.

Edit: I would also recommend keeping all white if not all color in general from touching the black at the bottom (with the exception of the bar image, because it would look kinda weird having it end at the shadow).

Make sure to remember that this is all just my taste. A lot of people don't agree with the things that I think are good, so make sure to get some other opinions as well.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Well heres a background:
I'm working on my Takamaru skin.

I want Takamaru for Brawl. For those of you who are not familar with him:
Heres the offical forum.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=73419

Heres a strategy guide.
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Nazo_no_Murasame-Jou/How_to_play

Heres the game, speed run.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vZ4NUa-vydI

Heres the theme, awesome song, it would be great in brawl.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s5EKqi9uGcM

Background:
-Japan-Only Famicom Disk System title, Nazo no Murasame-jō.
-Sister game of Zelda
-Nintendo's first samurai character
-also has ninja attacks (which I kind of don't like)

Reasons why he should be in Brawl: (I guess I'm promoting him now, but I still go on)
- is a samurai/eastern, all rest of Brawl swords are european/western.
- retro, nintendo's first samurai
- good moveset
- song
- if he is in, theres a possibility of a Takamaru game for Wii!!!

Ok sorry I was kind of off track. I wished I had a good Takamaru hat for Kirby.
- What do you think of the skin
- I'm not sure how to fit everything + Time/date
- anybody have any good pics of Takamaru?
These are the only pics I can find:

Yeah I want to keep it simple too but not sure how to fit everything.

Edit: I'm asking you all so any suggestions will help.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Well heres a background:

These are the only pics I can find:

Yeah I want to keep it simple too but not sure how to fit everything.

Edit: I'm asking you all so any suggestions will help.
Love the 3-d one. I would try and use that somehow.

Symphony X

Smash Lord

Uhh, I really only have idea's about placement of the days/hours/minutes/seconds. You could have a Katana across the top or bottom of the frame, and put them on the blade. Or you could put them on the slanted white stripes, not sure if that's possible, but it's an idea.

Hope it helps.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
If any of you are looking for something to do, I'd like to see a Bowser Jr. skin to go with the other alternating ones. Preferably with his paintbrush. Or, you could give me just a basic tutorial on how to make my own with Paint.NET. It woud be MUCH appreciated.

solidpit

Smash Cadet
I have this:

and the word file is:
Times New Roman
0 0 0
111 52
150 52
186 52
222 52

But it won't work for some reason.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
If any of you are looking for something to do, I'd like to see a Bowser Jr. skin to go with the other alternating ones. Preferably with his paintbrush. Or, you could give me just a basic tutorial on how to make my own with Paint.NET. It woud be MUCH appreciated.
I am really bad with tutorials =/ but I can make you one with the alternating skins. Again it may be a day or two because of how backed up I am at home with work but it will come ^^.

I have this:

and the word file is:
Times New Roman
0 0 0
111 52
150 52
186 52
222 52

But it won't work for some reason.
What do you mean it won't work? If you go into detail I can try to help you.

solidpit

Smash Cadet
I am really bad with tutorials =/ but I can make you one with the alternating skins. Again it may be a day or two because of how backed up I am at home with work but it will come ^^.

What do you mean it won't work? If you go into detail I can try to help you.
I have it in the skins folder and when I click on it, the button turns into a red X

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Hey sorry I haven't been here... been distracted... playing games... in particular Melee. Got my total BtT time under 7 mins! woot! Among other things...

*cough* anywhoo, I can't really think of anything to make... I tend to have these dry spells when it comes to creativity. But I could still make a requested skin no problem. =]

Solidpit --- I've had that happen. The only ways I've fixed it is either by changing the image file type, femaking the skin folder, or, double check to make sure you image is named "back" lol, I've forgot to do that before. =P

Symphony X --- I don't really know if I could make a tutorial, but if you need help with something specific, I'm usually good at explaining so ask away!

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I have it in the skins folder and when I click on it, the button turns into a red X
Well as far as I know only 3 things can do that.

1. Make sure the image is the correct size, from the looks of it however...it would appear to be =).

2. Make sure its a .jpg file and not a .png or something else. This program only supports .jpg and .bmp as far as I know.

3. Make sure that when you save the image in the skin folder you name the image "back" "the entire file should be back.jpg or back.bmp".

Also, like Blubba_Pinecone said before me, if anyone has any specific issues that they need help with, or you want me to try and walk you through something I can do that piece by piece. I have an issue with skipping over things when giving full tutorials so small chunks should work better.

Edit: By the way, if you guys have images that you want to use with backgrounds in them I can take out the background so they can be of more use. If thats the case just post the image up and say what you want done.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Sorry for not posting for a while and updating. blooagga and solidpit, your skins are updated now.

Also, I moved all the skins to third post. What you guys think, its kind of lazy but give me 2 more pics and i like all the pics together. If we get more skins, I'll find better ways.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Sorry for not posting for a while and updating. blooagga and solidpit, your skins are updated now.

Also, I moved all the skins to third post. What you guys think, its kind of lazy but give me 2 more pics and i like all the pics together. If we get more skins, I'll find better ways.
I think that looks fine, if we get more you can just split them between the first and second page. Good thing you had another post close to the top.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Leopard is kinda cool, I just didn't really see that large of an upgrade in the OS. That Dashboard thing is kinda cool though, I'll admit that.

Right now I have a few things I am dealing with at home, but I will get to that as my next set of skins if you would like =).

Do you have a Custom.txt file for that?

Sure ^^; i wasn't sure that'd you'd actually listen ;o must be annoying having ppl begging you to make thing's huh? hah, well thx though :D gj once again

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
must be annoying having ppl begging you to make thing's huh?
Not at all actually, I really don't have much of a reason to do any work with images for myself and I enjoy it. I'm going to try and make this sound as un-cheesy as possible, but, I also enjoy being able to help others once in a while.

Anyhow, back on topic. Here is the Wolf skin, now like normal I like to be the first to point out my flaws =P. The image is kinda placed off to the side so it's not as good looking...but sadly that's the only high quality image I could find for him.

Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Custom.txt:
Arial
255 255 255
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Now here is the Falco one. I know this picture of him may be a little over used, but I think it's to awesome to not use.

Custom.txt:
Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Custom.txt:
Arial
255 255 255
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

If any of you are looking for something to do, I'd like to see a Bowser Jr. skin to go with the other alternating ones. Preferably with his paintbrush.
You know I never really thought much about Baby Bowser being in, so now that you bring it up to me I decided that I love the idea ^^. Here the alternating themes for him. As you can see the Brawl logo there is covered in "paint". Thought it would be something a little different. Hope you like it (if you don't I can take it out for you.).

Custom.txt:
Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Custom.txt:
Arial
255 255 255
79 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Hope you two enjoy them. If you would like any changes be sure to let me know.

p.s. I didn't actually try these out...I just kinda went off of what I thought the border should be. If I was wrong and part of the image crosses over the number of days let me know and I will change that.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
As you can see the Brawl logo there is covered in "paint". Thought it would be something a little different. Hope you like it (if you don't I can take it out for you.)
No, the paint actually adds the perfect Bowser Jr. touch to it. Thanks a bunch.

On Wolf's skin, the shoulder pad covers a little bit of the left number on the days. It doesn't bother anything, just in case you cared about it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Now here is the Falco one. I know this picture of him may be a little over used, but I think it's to awesome to not use.
Nah it's no biggie, i like the picture too, i was thinking either that 1 or the 1 with him and a sniper rifle, both are good.. thx though :D

89 Days 2 Go!

-I've added Hitaku's new skins
-Super Mario Galaxy Counter Skin: Do we still need it? Should we ask Ouendanation
-My favorite is the Falco Skin b/c I really want to see Falco with a bazooka or a sniper in brawl.
hah, being a unique charcater, having a bazooka instead of a lazer.. hmm, bazooka spamming would be nice

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
This is only for people who want to take the time to change it, but I noticed with my skin slide show packages that the Custom.txt was a little off due to the days being in the triple digits a while ago.

For the normal slide show:
Arial
0 0 0
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

For the glass slide show:
Arial
225 225 225
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

This also goes for the 6 skins I posted last night. In fact, the skins I posted last night was off more then any of the other ones ><. Guess I was just to tired to notice. Tennisthehilife, don't feel any pressure to change it in the download unless you want to. It would be a lot of time =/.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
This is only for people who want to take the time to change it, but I noticed with my skin slide show packages that the Custom.txt was a little off due to the days being in the triple digits a while ago.

For the normal slide show:
Arial
0 0 0
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

For the glass slide show:
Arial
225 225 225
79 75
121 75
169 75
210 75

This also goes for the 6 skins I posted last night. In fact, the skins I posted last night was off more then any of the other ones ><. Guess I was just to tired to notice. Tennisthehilife, don't feel any pressure to change it in the download unless you want to. It would be a lot of time =/.
They look fine to me.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
omg i cant get it to work!! i dont know where to save the files to when i download them!! i really want that sonic one with the blue flames background!!! BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

EDIT: i figured out the winrar part, but now i dont know what to do to extract it to thePhantim3 folder HELPPP

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
omg i cant get it to work!! i dont know where to save the files to when i download them!! i really want that sonic one with the blue flames background!!! BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

EDIT: i figured out the winrar part, but now i dont know what to do to extract it to thePhantim3 folder HELPPP
Gah I'm really sorry but something about the jumble of words you made and my brain just didn't mix in any friendly way, shape, or form. x_x

I'll take a shot though...

If it's a zip folder then right click and extract it like you would normally then just move it into the skin folder you have made. If that doesn't work, then just screw the download and right click the skin on the front page here and just 'save as' into the skin folder.

Hope I helped but who knows.

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
Gah I'm really sorry but something about the jumble of words you made and my brain just didn't mix in any friendly way, shape, or form. x_x

I'll take a shot though...

If it's a zip folder then right click and extract it like you would normally then just move it into the skin folder you have made. If that doesn't work, then just screw the download and right click the skin on the front page here and just 'save as' into the skin folder.

Hope I helped but who knows.
what skin folder i made? the instruction didnt tell me to do that.....thats prolly what im forgetting......GAH...this is all toooo confusing for me!!

EDIT: sorry for double posting but i want this done!!!

Symphony X

Smash Lord
ok that still doesnt work!! when i download it, it goes into WinRar, and then idk what to do can someone tell me what to do from there???? PLEASEEEE
You have the program downloaded and working, correct?

If so, screw WinRar, click on the Sonic picture, save it in the skins folder named, "back", and save the text file as "Custom".

Top Bottom