• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Guess I will be the one to get us back on topic lol. I'm really not sure what skin I should do next, anyone have a character in mind that I could theme it around? I was thinking about doing a Megaman one seeing as I hope he will be in brawl, but if someone else has something in mind then I would love to get one up for them.

PS. Thanks for all the complements guys, just glad that you all enjoy my work.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I think a Megaman one would be awesome. There are tons of things you could do for that.
Seriously though, I don't know how you can do those skins so fast, it took me ALL night to do my sig, and you pop the skins out like nothing. You sir, are a god. lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Hey Hitaku, do you have any video recording program for your computer? If you do I think you should record yourself making a skin or two. =P

Hitaku + video recording = all of our skin making skills going OVER 9000! (lol couldn't resist x])

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Hey Hitaku, do you have any video recording program for your computer? If you do I think you should record yourself making a skin or two. =P

Hitaku + video recording = all of our skin making skills going OVER 9000! (lol couldn't resist x])
Lol I don't actually, the computer I am using right now is not the best (planning to upgrade soon) so I can't run them really. Last time I tried to fraps World of Warcraft....things didn't go over so well ><.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
Lol I don't actually, the computer I am using right now is not the best (planning to upgrade soon) so I can't run them really. Last time I tried to fraps World of Warcraft....things didn't go over so well ><.
Get camstudio. Unfortunatly their main site is down out the moment but if you can find it somewhere else, its free and uses very little CPU.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Oh I forgot, Hitaku What do you think of the new sig?
Commented on it last night, though I see you have made some improvements since then. You are really improving from the first image you showed. I like the color change between the two as well as the idea of fusing the colors which are themed around the characters.
You should stick to that image and try and improve it once a day. That really helped me when I was first starting, I would look at an image even if I thought it was perfect and I would dedicate around 30 min to it. I was really surprised how much I changed even though I thought it was done before hand. The more you edit the more you will remember for your next project, at least thats how I look at it.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You might be able to run HyperCam2. It's free and is also very little for CPU usage. Heck, I've even used it and I'm on a laptop! And an old laptop at that! lol

I think I'm getting a handle on Paint.NET, though there still are some things I haven't got figured out completely yet by far.

I made a new Pit one.

Times New Roman
0 0 0
110 7
113 28
112 62
107 79

Compatible with two digit days!

limitbreak

Smash Ace
For some reason it wont let me download any of the skins. Is there a certain file that im supposed to open it with?? Does anyone know what to do from here?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
If I were you, I'd take the fast and easy way. Just right click the image (assuming it's one of the ones that are the correct dimensions on display) and then 'save as' into the folder it needs to be.

That's what I do for alot of the skins instead of spending the time to DL it. Plus my computer can't read the .rar file types. And I can't convert them. (yes, my computer is gay and won't let me convert file types... it's a shame)

limitbreak

Smash Ace
If I were you, I'd take the fast and easy way. Just right click the image (assuming it's one of the ones that are the correct dimensions on display) and then 'save as' into the folder it needs to be.

That's what I do for alot of the skins instead of spending the time to DL it. Plus my computer can't read the .rar file types. And I can't convert them. (yes, my computer is gay and won't let me convert file types... it's a shame)
Yea im having the same problem as you. Could anyone upload it to the phantim 3 website maybe?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
For some reason it wont let me download any of the skins. Is there a certain file that im supposed to open it with?? Does anyone know what to do from here?
So you can download but not open?
You can download the .rar opening device, everyone uses it, its safe, and don't worry about the thing saying trial stuff because I've been using it for many years w/o paying.
http://www.winrar-download.info/ ill put it on the first post also.

To Blubba_Pinecone: I finished posting your skin up.

Edit:
To Everyone: http://www.winrar-download.info/ is this the right site to download?

Edit2:
To Elysium: What the hell? **** your a fast poster, you just about caught up. ehh I'm to tired to do anything about it now... you have won the battle but not the war.

To Everyone, especially Hitaku:

Sigh, I wanted to try something different but I'll just make a hat set like this. (similar to your first set of skins Hitaku.

-Any sugguestions for the skin? Opinions will help.
-I decided to just do these this way and perhaps make a whole new batch of skins using these Kirby Hats.
-Expect for me to be done b4 midnight or Dojo update.

Edit 3: iono about my kirby hats, I'm only sure about the background and the kirbys everything else, I'm playing around with trying to make it look good.
-If I try to copy hitaku's skin, it won't work because some of the kirby hats are little wider and kirby is kind of big in general so hard to fit the dates.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I made one, all suggestions for making it better are appreciated

Copperplate Gothic Bold
255 0 0
63 10
63 35
63 56
63 76

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
You might be able to run HyperCam2. It's free and is also very little for CPU usage
If I get some extra time I will look into that.

To Everyone, especially Hitaku:

Sigh, I wanted to try something different but I'll just make a hat set like this. (similar to your first set of skins Hitaku.

-Any sugguestions for the skin? Opinions will help.
-I decided to just do these this way and perhaps make a whole new batch of skins using these Kirby Hats.
-Expect for me to be done b4 midnight or Dojo update.

Edit 3: iono about my kirby hats, I'm only sure about the background and the kirbys everything else, I'm playing around with trying to make it look good.
-If I try to copy hitaku's skin, it won't work because some of the kirby hats are little wider and kirby is kind of big in general so hard to fit the dates.
The only thing I could really give advice about is I see some white around the super smash bros image, other than that just some smoothing maybe. If you need some help just let me know, I can try and make you a background that would work better for larger images.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
i love the blue/white gradient ones with the characters, and i have them alternating every 5 minutes. =]. but when you make new ones...can you just post the picture on the front post so we can just save the picture as, and then just copy the custom txt from one of the other files? redownloading everything every time a new cover appears gets a little inconveinent..

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
One more. Although this one is VERY abstract. No characters or anything. Just the logo and an exploding planet I made. lol.

But hey, it is true, we all know it will be the end of the world without it. =]

Ariel
255 255 255
214 48
214 59
214 70
214 81

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I was going to be gone for most of today and tomorrow. Happy Halloween, I'll see you tomorrow or the day after.

PS, if anyone has any requests I will search threw what I miss and look for them, so feel free to post them now.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord

I was trying all day to find a way to make my kirby hats good again but failed... ^any sugguestions for large pic like that size *points to Hitaku* (I did not upload this)

I was playing around and accidently did this. (not uploaded)

Which luckly lead to this. How you guys like it? I uploaded it on to the front page already. My first dark skin, just in time for Halloween. This is probably my best work so far but I still like using my simple kirby skin.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Edit:
To Blubba_Pinecone: I'll post it up in a sec. Ok its up.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
That one looks great. =o Where'd you get the slashing effects? Or by chance did you make them yourself somehow? If I could find some I have ideas to do with them. >.> <.<

Are we all using Paint.NET now?

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I found it on google:

I was playing around w/ my kirby hat skins and tried that on a layer and made it low opacity (transparent).

Yeah I added a layer on top and made it transparent.

Huh Paint.NET?
I use it b/c I lost MS paint when I reformatted my computer and its way better, has good functions and free.
-But if your not poor or get it somehow *wink wink* and have enough computer space (which I don't) then use Photoshop. Hitaku uses PS. Way better but maybe more complicated.

Edit: Its better than MS Paint.

Edit2: I changed my sig if you guys didn't notice *points to the kirby hats*
-I took out King Dedede + Sonic because they are confirmed and put in Claus and Krystal.
-What you guys think? (the hats) should I move them around? and can you tell thats Krystal?

Symphony X

Smash Lord
*Refusal to let this thread fall to the second page*

I found it on google:
Edit2: I changed my sig if you guys didn't notice *points to the kirby hats*
-I took out King Dedede + Sonic because they are confirmed and put in Claus and Krystal.
-What you guys think? (the hats) should I move them around? and can you tell thats Krystal?[/QUOTE]

I like it a lot.

I wish you'd put the Kirby hats up on the first page for download.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I wish you'd put the Kirby hats up on the first page for download.
Do you just want the kirby hat? not sig right? I can do it if you say yes.

-What would you rather have it say?
-I can still edit so any suggestions to make it better? (Actually I think its already good, just text)

Edit:
And Symphony X:
*Refusal to let this thread fall to the second page*
Thanks for caring *hugz SymphonyX* -^_^-

-Can you guys name all my kirby hats in my sig? Then I'll post them up. I'll make a skin within (hopefully) this week.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I use paint.net and photo shop both.
I like to use paint.net in case someone has a question, that way I will be able to help.

Nice looking skin, I agree that sometimes the best looking things come from just messing around.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Finally 99 days! Now that we are in the double digits for days left I think it's going to seem a whole lot quicker until Brawl comes out

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Finally 99 days! Now that we are in the double digits for days left I think it's going to seem a whole lot quicker until Brawl comes out
Ah, yes ! Brawl Feels sooner ! I love the Mario Galaxy one, So, Once more, LETS DO T3H TILT DANCE ! <(^.^)< ^(^.^)^ >(^.^)>

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
God I hope so, I can't wait much longer. =(

On a separate note, I think I am going to go back to the Megaman skin at a later time. All his images are so vertical...which makes them so hard to use. Everything I have done up till this point I had some kinda feeling for but not these. That being said does anyone have something else for me to work on seeing as I have no projects on my table at the moment?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
God I hope so, I can't wait much longer. =(

On a separate note, I think I am going to go back to the Megaman skin at a later time. All his images are so vertical...which makes them so hard to use. Everything I have done up till this point I had some kinda feeling for but not these. That being said does anyone have something else for me to work on seeing as I have no projects on my table at the moment?
Yeah. As long as there ain't no more delays, I'll live just fine. If there is I'll have to start toughing through it.

Well, don't worry about any swordsmen. I'll end up covering all of them. I've always been a swordsman player. *coughLinkcough* *sneezeI'veplayedwaytomanyZeldagamesandstilldosneeze*

I would also do Kirby stuff but it seems our boy Tennis here has him covered.

Not that you can't make images for those people if you want, but if you like other characters enough to make them skins then that'd be most productive I think.

*facepalm* Shoulda figured. Found the image on google. lol.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
No one requested anything so I thought I would throw up a skin of Midna seeing as we have none and some people want her in. The theme is kinda dark and I am sure some of you won't like the font but...I think it fits ^^.

Custom.txt:
Arial
225 225 225
232 17
232 36
232 54
232 72

Custom.txt:
Arial
225 225 225
239 17
239 36
239 54
239 72

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Fine then, I'll request Hitaku something. Megaman! =P lol

I like the dark theme, it suits Midna very well.

I still need to figure out how to make the glass ones look that cool when I use them. =D Ohwell I guess I'm improving from bit to bit.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Done. Nice Midna Skins.

Aw no one wants to request Hitaku anything?
Thanks again for the complement, as far as ppl asking me for requests I don't really care lol. I was just saying that I had some free time to work with one that wasn't requested.

Fine then, I'll request Hitaku something. Megaman! =P lol
Oh god lol, that skin is haunting me. I have it saved on my desktop and when ever I do anything I feel like its taunting me to finish it.

Also Tennisthehilife, I think when I add a character to the slide show (not the glass themed one because there aren't enough skins for it) we should have the newest skin as its own download that way people don't need to download the entire package every time they want a new skin. Not something that's very important, I was just thinking that it may be helpful.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Help me out:

Which looks best? I think the plain one looks plain.

some examples of other hats. These are quickly made, not final.

Edit:
Tell me anything you don't like, it will help me. Thank you bob-e. I copied the date/time things from his skin.

Birdie

Smash Cadet
Even though I'm not a fierce deity link fan, the one that looks best is the fifth.

The reason being it has the black space for the amount of time left until brawl.
Personally though one with midna kirby would be great.

Edit: this one:

Top Bottom