• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Only in the States.

In Europe we bait platform cancels.

That's how pro we are.

Ameri***s just don't see that ****.

They see a platform cancel being daired and they're like: LOL IT DOESNT WORK

And when it works theyre like: LOL THAT SHOULD WORK YOU CAN JUST DAIR

And when Marth doesn't do PC but simply SH uairs and hits because the opponent tried to counter the platform cancel theyre like: LOL YOU CAN JUST SHIELD THAT

Inb4: people are still too stupid to understand why PCing is good even after reading this post.

The world is a sad, sad place to live.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Living off tips alone is a hard life.

Platform cancel strikes fear in the hearts of the opponent sitting on the platform. Then they learn to get off when we get on.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In America we make up for being bad by having worse opponents. Get at us.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Lol idk why but im so inconsistant with powershielding, sometimes i powershield everything, sometimes nothing at all.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I think Mr. R's little avatar is what really sets him apart. It suggests a friendly childishness that belies his **** playing status and also refrains from the ever-prevalent little cute anime female (sexual object) that you might find in so many avatars here.
LOL i still havent changed it

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya, when are you gonna become an admin and pass on your modship to me???

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Man I wonder who inspired the world to platform cancel hmmmm
that person must have been so awesome
mike did, and hylian made a video of marth doing it before you even had any videos on youtube

GGs

Laem

Smash Champion
mike did, and hylian made a video of marth doing it before you even had any videos on youtube

GGs
wasnt the first like Candy or reflex or something portraying it on lylat.

now who was the one who showed just how useful it is through correct implementation?
GGs, ******.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
One of these days, Shaya...

Mike inspired me to play less Marth when he got **** on by Dojo's week old Diddy.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
LOL neo I never said I was the first one that platformcanceled and yes im very well aware of hylians vid.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think MikeHAZE was the first one who did noticeable amounts of platform canceling in recorded matches.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty sure MikeHAZE was able to show quite a bit of application with it, too. Nothing against anyone else, but I'm not sure how the whole argument of inspiration/whatever is supposed to go. Whoever uses platform cancels well, does not limit their normal play through overuse, and performs reasonably in tournament is good, clearly. Just because you don't have a Parasect doesn't mean you should go trying to make prideful claims of other random achievements. It's about as meaningful as being the best main of a bottom tier character. Or having a Parasect.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i think i might be the only person i know who actually trained a paras to evolve into a parasect and actually used it

Top Bottom