• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
We have been enlightened.

I too had a Parasect. In those days it was every kid's dream to have a badass mushroom like bug to call your own. ;-; I miss my Parasect keychain ornament though.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
wasnt the first like Candy or reflex or something portraying it on lylat.

now who was the one who showed just how useful it is through correct implementation?
GGs, ******.
it was mikeHAZE, you stupid groupie ***** LMAO @ the uninformed

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Well, we can all safely assume NEO celebrated a certain not-so-holiday :awesome:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As I said earlier,

MikeHaze was [one of] the first high level Marth to use platform cancelling in an effective and viable fashion in tournament, whilst being recorded.
Mr.R definitely made it noteworthy and became a staple of what we came to expect from him.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Tbh the MikeHaze (Marth) vs Sky (Falco) friendly was like the first time i saw platformcancelling iirc, after that i just saw Ramin spam it in all his matches.

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
WELL SORRY MR PRO, i didnt see any matches of that, or maybe i never even took it into account who started it first!!

Lord Chair

Smash Master
in europe they dont have to worry about winning

they only worry about doing it flashy

why be effective if you can also be beautiful

if they'd try to be effective and all we'd have nothing to troll US with

duh

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya, who was that chick with the mustache that you used to have in your avatar?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
a world saved

a world destroyed

a fate averted

a fate deserted

a path sealed

a path clear

many ends

one end

nine makes one

ten makes none

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Rules
General Rules

•3 Stock

•8 minute timer

•Items are set to "off" and "none"

•All sets are best of three

•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5

•Controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS), best of 3.

•No player may choose a stage they last won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

•In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose a port first, then the opposing team will get their port choices, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port choice.

•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

•If a game ends from a suicide move then the match will end as per the results screen. In the event of a tie, the player who initiated the suicide move will be declared the winner.

•You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions (or malfunctions), it must be agreed upon by both parties. If a Wii remote runs out of batteries the current game will continue unpaused.

•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

•Team Attack will be ON

•Life stealing will be allowed

•If time runs out the winner will be determined in the follow order:
1. Player with the highest stock wins.
2. If stocks are tied then the player with the lowest percentage wins.
3. If both stock and percent are tied then play an overtime match.

An overtime game is defined as a 2 minute, 1 stock game played on the same stage with the same characters as the tied match. In the event an overtime game ties again, then double overtime will commence. This will continue until a winner is determined.

•Ledge grab limit will be 30, but is only enforced in the event of a time out. If a player is questioned about his grabs and exits out of the statistics screen, the player under question will forfeit the match.

•No scrooging: Going completely under the stage so that you pass from one side to the other three or more times in succession without having landed on the main platform is banned and will result in a forfeit of the game. Clinging or hanging on ledges, as well as landing on floating platforms, do not count as landing on the main platform of the stage.

•Infinite chain grabs must end after 300%.

•Pause must be off during tournament play. Any player who pauses a match without agreement of their opponents will forfeit said match.

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island

CP's:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
*One stage ban per player, per set.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i love rc with marth why would you ban it marth wrecks every character there hardcore except possibly DDD and MK

ban brinstar, and say your reason is because you can

Top Bottom