• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm sure it involves black magic, harry potter, friendship, and meat filled tacos.

C.J.

Smash Master
Oh, that was to Rei. He/Emily somehow got me to watch one piece.

Also, I REALLY want my purple name back please.

C.J.

Smash Master
I don't know HOW I started watching it. It's Emily's fault somehow.

Now that I've started it, I have to finish it. I REALLY don't understand how it's any different from any other cookie-cutter fighting anime. I'm trying to be open minded but.. geez. It's the same as everything else.

Enemies keep getting stronger, the heroes save the day, they get stronger, there's fighting, rinse repeat
You even have the same characters as usual.
Super strong always wins even when losing main character who has supernatural powers for one reason or another.
Super amazingly skilled with a weapon character
Comic relief guy
Smart/cunning girl
Man/Woman who excels in fighting using a very specific style (Sanji by only using his feet)

I like how my font size randomly got smaller.

Player-3

Smash Hero
idk about that stuff but if you want some really silly fight anime watch the law of ueki

its pretty goober; powers like turning trash into trees bath towels into steel (but only when holding your breath) tomatoes into magma beads into bombs electricity into sugar cotton into stakes

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You have to like the genre in the first place. It's just the shonen, by far.

And I think the intro changes around episode 63

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, if you're not fond of shonen then you won't appreciate One Piece too much.
:applejack:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Yeah, I figured it out. Never knew Marth was Puerto Rican though.

Kel

Smash Master
Got some stream time yesterday against Ally and Zinoto. Of course I only have videos of me getting destroyed.

This is the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/fishflopstreams/b/375829555
around 2:30 Me Vs Ally
around 3:40 Me Vs Zinoto 1 tourney match and a bunch of friendlies

Zinoto and I played our first game on a different TV. It was much closer as both of us were over 100% on our last stock. He ran away with the match on BF though. I mostly just get hit by Fair too much and get hit by banana combos. Also, I promise I don't typically Dair this much. There was just something about yesterday that made me want to DAIR out of shield like it was melee.

Edit: Ally set on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBqEtDeH_Cw

Kel

Smash Master
I think it is underrated and that, in desperation mode, Marth can use his dair effectively. During my match with Zinoto I had a particularly high amount of missed techs where I would Up B or Dair out of shield. I know I'm not supposed to react like that, but i was just playing stupid in addition to getting hit in the face with fair ever second by Zinoto.

My second game with Ally was a lot more difficult than the first due to the darkness level of the TV. He commented too about how dark the TV was and then proceeded to bair me 3 times in a row haha. I really wish I could play Ally and Zinoto more. I have no Diddy experience and playing against the best snake is just a ton of fun.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
ahh nice job beating L Cancel, Kel.

I went to a tourney too this saturday and placed 5th out of about 30 entrants (I think). I beat the best diddy in NE!

lost to Fatal and Koolaid again :( how do you beat snake

Kel

Smash Master
Dude Snake is so fun to play against. Full hop Fair their shield and nair if you think they are gonna dash attack. Pick good spots to weave between his grenades and don't be afraid to grab. Mikeneko used about 80% SH/ FH FAIR against Ally and about 20% of the time he would just walk up and grab.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kel, you need to get more comfortable with Snake's projectiles. You can swat away at up smashes (and how you do so is dependent on the situation). I think the curse of swinging is also apparent here, you didn't really need to be throwing out your sword like you do, usually really preemptively (so you would trade with snake's back air rather than just wait a micro second more considering punshing snake as he LANDS is a lot better than trying to continue a non-guaranteed juggle).

In recent times I've thought about up tilt a bit, and I see you were using it quite a bit with relative success; but you would trade hits too often with it. In recent contemplations I really think that downsmash does just as much as up tilt does in terms of the punish and allows you to move into a lot safer of a position than trying to get utilts would. Taking back airs on your shield continually isn't the type of trade that you want to be doing when you're only punishing with dancing blade, if you're getting your shield destroyed like you were you need to reset to neutral and wait for it to come back up. If you get more confident with fairing those back air landings on shield (probably full hop) you'll at the least be continuing the pressure. Also you need to crouch more, rather than just plainly shielding, ally abuses this against you with footstools or those shield ****** bairs, remember that crouching is reducing you to about 40% of your size and has no lag between the animation and shielding. I don't think you should be throwing out aerials after Ally takes out a nade as a precaution to dash attack at the distances you're doing it.

Your best bet with nades is to always keep count and always be in neutral situation as most throws of nades are really really really easy to power shield, with the forward throw one going over your head while crouching (and the ones that you give too much respect to that are thrown out defensively IMMEDIATELY are easy to instant throw back rather than acting like you need to be afraid for the next 4 and a half seconds) and give you significant **** advantage, Snake has no frame traps on you with anything if you power shield the nade throw, in fact it generally puts Snake at the disadvantage due to it's likelihood of explosion and the fact that nades usually bounce back after powershields. I think your fear of dash attack really took control of you although Ally barely used the move (in the first match). I like your use of first hit nair, it's something I've been working on lately too and it got you a lot of free grabs or frame advantages that you made use of :D

When it comes to Diddy... I'm by no means an expert on it... but you want Diddy throwing nanners at your shield. When I play the MU all I think of is "can diddy fair right now and hit me?" and if my response is yes I jusst do whatever I can to avoid it and then punish them for their otherwise laggy hurtbox massive extender 3000, and it works until they start doing things other than fair (but only like 2 diddys in the world choose not to fair so whatever). When you hit Diddy's shield you always do something immediately after rather than waiting. A lot of your hits on shield in the match that I watched was without diddy having a nanner, and he would do something like spot dodge or roll and you'd always immediately throw out an utilt, or aerial or something. The way Zinoto used his jumps against you really screamed to me "JAB AND FORWARD TILT OPPORTUNITIES".

In a summary type of way. Move away from up tilting like you are. If you're going to continue up tilting, start to get comfortable with crouching before hand so you aren't always trading with people. If you become more comfortable with down tilt you'll also start to see the great opportunities for down smash (as they will both hit in the exact same situations) and be safer in your punishing of landings. The key point to down tilt is that the tipper hitbox extends really high above the ground, so you don't need to be so worried about their vertical displacement as you currently are.

Also stop sh dairing. JEEEZ. And learn to dolhpin slash regrab, that gets you gimps against diddy's recovery more than fall back fair or db1 will ever do.

Kel

Smash Master
Thanks for the writeup Shaya. I'll post more thoughts later because I have to leave for work shortly, but I just want to say that I come from a MK background so I have some MK rules still in my head when it comes to Snake. The biggest of the MK VS Snake MU rules is that you NEVER Dsmash a Snake on the stage. You're just asking for 1/5 of your stock to be taken away by doing so. Dsmash is super laggy with Marth too and it's too all-iny for my tastes. I do recognize that I need to do it more though.

As for Dair, yeah I know. I really don't know why I was Dairing and dolphin slashing so much game 2 vs Zinoto. I really wish our first game was recorded because it was a lot better. After Zinoto took an early lead game 2 he kind of just ran away with it (like Diddys do some times) and I got antsy. I don't really have any Diddy experience so I only have theories of how the MU should work.

Against Ally I am afraid of grenades. Against any other Snake, I weave through them and punish. It's just different fighting Ally. I swear he's the first Snake to hit me with down B in like two years. I really want to play him more because I love the MU and I want to close any holes in my Snake game. Ally is just really good at taking you out of your comfort zone.

More around 6 PM EST

Player-3

Smash Hero
hey cj im moving in with dfear/flatsoda in orlando at the end of the month

i dunno where in fl you live but if its near that we should play so i can show you the best falcon in the world (me; ally is noobcheeks)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I've tested our Dthrow CG on Pikachu. It seems like we have a guaranteed 49% damage if we Dthrow 8 times from 0% and then Fsmash him. On 9 and 10 it seems like you have to Shutter Step in order to Fsmash but I'm not completely sure if Pikachu can buffer a PS.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It doesn't work? Hmm Leon always does Fthrow x2 to 1 Dthrow Fsmash. I want to know all throw combos we have on Pikachu. I can't find anywhere a proper list of which CGs work on Pikachu.

Top Bottom