• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wendy's Frosties are godlike.

That picture looks delicious.

Subway is fine, but Quiznos is better. :applejack:

Player-3

Smash Hero
wendys 99 cent 5 piece spicy nuggets are godlike fo reals

also the 99 cent cheesey chedderburger thing is amazin

etecoon

Smash Hero
The CEOs and the bureaucrats of each fast food franchise literally paid off the state legislatures in order to enact policies of economic deregulation that ultimately favored the corporate interests and devalued things like worker safety, pay, and benefits
yay openly bought government

it's cute how this **** which is all -completely- out in the open, they're that shameless about it, still slides under the radar and the average person you run into on the street just *****es about obama or romney :mad:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
politics sucks. When are we going to put a real American in office? One that isn't a lawyer or a long time politician. I want to see people who know how to take care of the American people and take care of this country. People who know how businesses run, what makes them grow; know more about the medical market and can come up with a better healthcare plan, etc. Get the people who actually practice it in real life, in office, and you will see a positive change in the US.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
America's "democratic" voting system denies such chances Bomber.
I thought it was the fact you need lots of money to run for office. Honestly, with how social networking is today, you could easily be like "I won't ask for your money, just a vote. Here's what I stand for. If you agree with me at all, just vote for me."

Use facebook and other social networking things to get your name around. Get elected.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Quest. Read The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.
I did! omg. so depressing :(

but you have to love Jurgis's determination - he always told Ona, "I will work harder" when tragedy after tragedy occurred.
yay openly bought government

it's cute how this **** which is all -completely- out in the open, they're that shameless about it, still slides under the radar and the average person you run into on the street just *****es about obama or romney :mad:
Ikr? I saw some very informative documentaries that exposed a mere few of the corruptions of the last few presidential administrations. George Bush claimed that he wanted to "lighten the tax load" and "help middle class Americans" but his policies only helped the richest 1% of the country. Even Obama, a Democrat, supposedly loyal to the values of economic equality, had a scandal where he put someone infamous for a desire for economic deregulation (aka favoring the rich) on the Economic Council. (I still would say it's best to vote for him because he's extremely more likely to try and help the middle class and the poor people than Romney obviously.) I am convinced that all presidential candidates will make promises to "help the middle class and the poor people" but will never prove genuine about these claims after getting into office...except maybe a few presidents here and there. Keep in mind that the president only has so much power...he or she is primarily supposed to persuade Congress to enact legislation.

I've been thinking for a long time now that we should make a new political system that's more capable of speedy and positive change without having to go through so many cumbersome procedures and formalities...I'm just not sure how to construct it exactly. From what I understand, the Framers wanted to keep political power to the educated elites (this is why they created the electoral college), but I don't know if this is the best approach. The educated people tend to be the ones who make more money, so it is possible that a "power to the elites" system would also end up detrimental to the middle class and the poor people. (the rich would rule and favor themselves, which is kind of what's happening now actually...) What do you guys think we should do? (even if you're not an American and want a better system)

C.J.

Smash Master
Haha, thanks Wizzy =)

That was more than just me though. I'm not doing that stuff on my own anymore lol. One match, on my own, takes like 6 hours. It's definitely my idea though =D

C.J.

Smash Master
Seafood isn't meat.....
Seafood is definitely meat xD
it was an animal, that was killed, and you eat the corpse. It's meat.

Also, what Raz said. Vegetarianism is no meat. Pescatarianism is no meat other than fish.
Veganism is not eating any animals or animal byproducts such as eggs, dairy, etc

:phone:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I hate it when people claim that eating fish doesn't violate the premises of vegetarianism LOL. I deal with ridiculous people who say this all the time.

Animals are FRAMB...fish, reptiles, amphibians, mammals, birds (lesson in elementary school that I will always remember)

what's the point of veganism though? One doesn't have to kill the chicken or the cow to get eggs or milk...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well at least the Catholic Church lets us eat seafood during lent. Let me tell you, it's such a punishment, it's almost unbearable. :troll:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
what's the point of veganism though? One doesn't have to kill the chicken or the cow to get eggs or milk...
Some people can't stand the thought of drinking the milk ... or eating the butter ... of a cow, that's kept under inhuman conditions. Which virtually all of them are. Some people may just find it disgusting to eat something that was part of an animal once though.

:059:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
We have to eat some form of living being though...how else will we get the essential nutrients? Wouldn't we have a lot less diversity in our diets if we only ate plant products? I am angry about the conditions that animals in captivity have to endure, though...

I'm also wondering about the biological consequences of 8 octillion people all eating plant products. I think we would harm the botanic wildlife and ecosystems somehow...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And some do it for health purposes. Which I can respect. Just don't scream in my face and say "meat is murder!" because I will turn around and say "Problem?" :troll:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You poor soul.

@Quest: No we don't. There's enough veggies and grains to give us all the essential nutrients we need by themselves. Rice and beans alone nearly fulfill all of the protein based needs our bodies have that most of us get from eating meat. :applejack:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeah I do have a problem with eating meat though because it's not logical.

Ecosystems work in trophic levels. Plants are the autotrophs (the ones who create the basic energy for an ecosystem). Herbivores (aka vegetarians, but more so with vegans) eat only plants and get energy that the plants stored directly from photosynthesis. They are the primary consumers. On the other hand, the secondary consumers are the ones who eat animals who ate the plants...or who eat animals who ate the animals who ate the animals who ate the plants lol. Energy reduces at each trophic level, so the secondary and tertiary consumers end up getting LESS THAN 10% of the energy that the primary consumers (the vegetarians/vegans) do.

Espy - oh I see... I suppose I underestimated the abundance of plants if there are indeed enough for everyone without drastically altering the environment.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Meat is good.

From an energy standpoint, Quest has a leg to stand on. Though meat is just another source of protein and other stuff, I think iron can come from meat? I forget. I know at least protein.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Meat is not good. It's a very problematic source of nutrition from ethical, economical and biological points of view.

:059:

Top Bottom