• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Economical - 1kg of beef takes about 10.000 litres of water and a similar amount of grain. How many people could be kept from starving if those ressources would be spent properly? Is it more important that some fat-arsed manager scumbag from america, europe or china gets yet another kilo of meat that he doesn't need anyway? Cows need grazing land ... that grazing land is produced by destroying the brazilian jungle. The growing demand for meat ... the lack of space for its production ... and the increasing cost to sustain the meat economy ... is causing a economic problem of unpredictable proportions. Any human being with a reasonable mind should get sick of the idea of eating meat with this fact in mind.

Healthy - the human digestion is 99% that of herbivores. The mouth, jaw, teeth and saliva are all that of herbivores except the front teeth [which still aren't suited for the consumption of meat]. The main problem though is colon cancer. It's one of the most common lethal diseases in countries where meat consumption is the standard. The human bowel is too long to sufficiently digest meat - carnivores have a bowel that has the length of 4-5x the animals's body length. The human bowel is twice as long. Meat stays in the human bowel longer than it should, can start to rot there and cause colon cancer. Colon cancer is virtually unknown in countries where eating meat is unusual.

Ethic - You're a murderer, end of story.

:059:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^ Agrees with Raziek.

Though to just throw simple counterpoints:

Ethical- One could make an argument it is wrong to kill another living thing in general, but food is food and keep in mind that plants are also living things. The only difference is, you don't have to look into the eyes of the plants you are harvesting for consumption. So I don't think one could really go far with eating meat as unethical. If you want to mention cruelty to animals that are used for meat production, that's a different story but has nothing to do directly with consumption of meat.

Economic- Well, there is a demand for meat. That means money is made off of that product and the services of raising animals that provide us with the meat, and the people involved with raising, processing, selling the meat, etc. So taking away that would actually hurt economically. Still feel free to explain the economic downside of having a meat market.

Biologically- You have me interested. I've never heard an argument to support how biologically it's bad. Nutrition wise yeah a little, but everything in moderation is always a good way to go, including meat. Getting back to my point. Biologically speaking, I look at it like this. If you remove the demand for meat (forcibly/voluntarily), you allow them to live, reproduce, and thrive. That's fine an all, but keep in mind, that's also allowing consumers of plants to live and thrive, so it adds more of a strain on our plant resource. There will only be so much we can produce to meet the demand, but eventually demand will outweigh production and a whole mess of things will occur like starvation, disease, etc.

This is just my simple counterpoints. It's not meant to go into anymore detail, but this is just how I look at it. I believe in a balance in nature so I don't see it ethically wrong to consume animals that provide me with meat. Humans are omnivores, we eat both plants an animals. There's nothing wrong with that.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ethic - **** you, it's tasty.

Also it's a cow, I don't give a flying ****. Every species EVER has been killing or benefiting from the exploitation of other species since the beginning of biological life.

Or are you going to suggest that Mr. T-Rex was a murderer and should feel bad about himself?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well I'm going to stop my argument here. Gheb had quite a few logical fallacies in his post. Time to move on with my life. Eat meat, and do as I please because I'm a human with free will and an American who is allowed to demand such things like meat.

Have fun Raz. :D

Plus, there's nothing Gheb can do to stop me from eating meat. At most he can just point and call me names. Real mature.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Didn't see this last page, was going to post stuff that gheb mentioned.

Anywho, if you were to eat a full cow, utilize it completely (which only Mexicans do anyway) you could make maybe 50 meals if you've got a good one. Now, that cow has been alive for at least 6 months, probably longer. That cow eats probably 5 to 10 times more (corn in the US) than ahuman does each day, for six months. You could make at least 1000 meals out of that and these are low estimates. That's insanely inefficient.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If meat is murder, then I've earned quite a few renegade points, and will proudly continue to do so.

Being vegan is fine, that's a choice. But where the **** do you get off calling people murderers?

Absurd.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just because you don't like hearing it doesn't mean it's not the truth and I won't suger-coat facts just because eating meat is conventionally accepted. By eating meat you require the death of an animal and are responsible of many human beings' deaths as well.

You are a murderer.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Do not even ATTEMPT to equate a heinous crime like mass-murder with eating a ****ing hamburger.

Do you not even see how outlandish that is to claim the two are equivalent?

I knew you were an obstinate, sometimes illogical guy, but I didn't think you were THIS ********.

Reizilla

You support the exploitation and neglection of thousands, resulting in thousands of deaths.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Meat is good. Ethically, economically, and biologically good.
You're just European, Gheb. :applejack:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Gheb, you are getting way out of hand with your radical accusations. Stop while you still have a shallow enough hole to climb out of.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Killing and consuming another animal is not, and will never be murder.

You want to make a case for the treatment and conditions being horrible (they are) , then fine.

But don't act like the act of killing and consumption is wrong. It's a necessity for many species to even survive at all.

Edit: Done with this, just making myself mad arguing with people clearly not willing to budge on an outlandish claim.

I ate this hamburger just now, I must have also killed it with my bare hands.

I am a murderer, don't look at my face of shame. ;_;

Reizilla

Something done by every species since the beginning of time.

Problem is where?

That's not true, but....

Well I guess if you openly admit you're no more civilized, conscionable or intelligent than any other species, I guess not.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You know what? Ima embrace this. I'm on the level of genocidal maniacs for eating at McDonald's once a week!

Get at me!

Sometimes I kill insects and don't even eat them. I just kill them because they're icky and get in my way. I'M SO HORRIBLE. ;_;

Gosh I hope that when I die I get cooked then fed to a cow.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
You tell 'em, Gheb!

Raziek, why won't you admit what's super obvious and right in front of you :( we JUST went over the fact that one does not need to eat animals to survive...or even animal products. Read my condensed summary of trophic levels and what espy said.

also raziek it's dumb to justify what you do based on what other animals do...that is an appeal to popularity and therefore invalid, just saying...

meat eaters = savages THERE I SAID IT

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Like I said before, there is nothing any of you guys can do to stop us from eating meat. All you can do is point and call us names or blow off the hot air filled in your egotistical heads. We respect the fact that you guys don't eat meat, we don't attack you for not doing it. Give us the same luxury that we give you.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I may be radical and beyond your comprehension.

But you are mental slaves and I am not.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm a slave to myself because I enjoyed the **** out of my chicken nuggets today.
I'm a monster. :applejack:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I don't get it. You know what you're doing is wrong, but you want to keep doing it anyway? Have you no consciences? I even proved why it's illogical to eat meat so there's no real justification behind it... Informed people who continue to eat meat are definitely the radical ones.

Bomber it's really hypocritical of you to call vegetarians and vegans "egotistical" when they are actively trying to save animals and preserve the biodiversity on Earth (which are ultimately goals that would indeed benefit us in addition to the planet in general, if you want to think selfishly and do things that only benefit you). You're the one only thinking myopically in terms of yourself :/

Twinkie don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution! It's never too late to change...same with the rest of you who are currently vicious carnivores.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Quest you know playing toon link is wrong, homosexual, and kills peoples love for brawl daily yet you continue to do so?

Have you no conscience?
You are no better than a homicidal maniac get out of my sight

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't get it. You know what you're doing is wrong, but you want to keep doing it anyway? Have you no consciences? I even proved why it's illogical to eat meat so there's no real justification behind it... Informed people who continue to eat meat are definitely the radical ones.

Bomber it's really hypocritical of you to call vegetarians and vegans "egotistical" when they are actively trying to save animals and preserve the biodiversity on Earth (which are ultimately goals that would indeed benefit us in addition to the planet in general, if you want to think selfishly and do things that only benefit you). You're the one only thinking myopically in terms of yourself :/

Twinkie don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution! It's never too late to change...same with the rest of you who are currently vicious carnivores.
Did you read my little counterpoint why biologically, people eating meat isn't so wrong?

Also my comment about egotistical was just pointed to those in this group acting egotistical.

I'm also not a vicious carnivore. I'm an omnivore. I eat plants and animals. Here's also enough logic to eat meat: it's a resource that we have access to that we can consume to survive. Why make a bigger deal out of animals being killed for food than plants? Is it because animals actually have a face?

archer.

Smash Lord
But guys.

Jesus ate meat. He seemed like a pretty good guy to me, so there can't be that much wrong with it.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Bomber, literally everything you said before was either wrong or pointless speculation.

Archer let's not play the religious card. That's still an appeal to popularity. Eating meat is still fundamentally wrong and you all know it.

I have to go now - be back later...

I'd rather continue being part of the problem, since I don't believe striving for any "solution" is worthwhile. I don't believe in change, I only believe in how tasty animals are.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber, literally everything you said before was either wrong or pointless speculation.
When you get back, explain to me what part didn't you get.

Go ask any biologist; ecosystems only have enough resources to support so many lifeforms. In this case, we only have so much resources in each country, on this planet to support so many living things. Once the resource becomes overconsumed, starvation and other problems occur. If you read carefully I mentioned that if we got rid of the demand for animals that give us the meat we eat, then we'd have more living organism that consume plant life to survive. So we'd also be competing with the animals for the plant foods that we'd be eating as well. In which case it boils down to, it's either them or us if resources become really scarce. It's nothing personal, it's just how nature works. There's nothing ethical about survival because you do what you have to, to survive. Doesn't matter how desperate you are.

Go talk to someone in the business field (economist, whoever), about the effects of eliminating the meat industry. I also thought I put it quite clearly, you eliminate that industry, you eliminate the revenue and resources that go into it, like human labor. Less economic activity is never good for an economy.

If my explanations are too simple for you, I don't know what more to say. I'm not trying to be an ***, I'm just trying to share with you some information.

Top Bottom