• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Seibrik doesn't just abuse broken characters. He went mostly wario at apex. He actually mains ddd/wario/falco with mk banned and has actually pretty much transitioned to wario for mk legal. He'd go all wario but wario has dumb mu.

∫unk

Smash Master
Well you'd know better than me but keep in mind it has been 4 years since the game released. What he's doing now/recently doesn't matter that much.

In general I feel like veterans are playing for nostalgia/fun more so than competitive desire.

edit: Maybe he was out of practice or just had a bad set. Everyone has games where they look terrible.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I see how it is Nike, you've been waiting for ages for an opportunity to bring together a diabolical heretic scheme on the Marth boards for the sheer purpose of chaos.

This thread is now about how perfect my name colour is with my avatar.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Shaya said:
Dear Nike.,

You have received a 1 point infraction at Smash World Forums for Minor Spam. If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

For a full explanation of the rules and a detailed list of infractions, please review the Global Rules.

Original Post:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14212323

Quote:
If you have a question about this infraction, please contact the moderator who issued it. If that does not resolve the issue, visit Forum Support.

Remember that, unless specified otherwise, all infractions expire.

All the best,
the Smash World Forums staff

I see through the lies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How did you change your name as a moderator? Isn't that something you're not able to do? :applejack:

clowsui

Smash Legend
9th/27

1. sneakytako
2. luminoth
3. overswarm
4. sorasin
5. hilt
5. kel
7. mister eric
7. crash

lost to sorasin in winners
lost to mister eric in losers

i put hilt into losers. i played pretty well. i was able to counter his spacings pretty well and i read his rolls/reacted to everything really well. i should substitute DB and dtilt for grabs a little more often. olimar is pretty annoying

sorasin just played safer than me and i didn't start adjusting until too late. falco MU is lame and you need to be playing it all the time for it to be a +1 for marth
mister eric and i made a lot of mistakes but he made less. i kept running into nairs and i actually missed a game closing tipper fsmash because i fsmashed just a little late

my general mindset isn't good enough still, i need to develop the correct balance between wanting to win and playing as tho i'm playing to improve. o well

no vids. first tournament that i went full marth tho, i'm pretty proud of myself because I feel like I didn't lose to anybody but myself (not to say that eric and tom aren't good but rather that I was the larger obstacle in both sets)

MMs
0-3 0-2 1-2 vs. Ralph Cecil (Snake) ($5/$5/$1)
Notes: first two MMs I didn't play safe I just wanted to attack and force my gameplan on him. The third MM I calmed down a lot more and took it to last hit/last stock
0-2 3-1 vs. SMILE (Diddy/Falco) ($1/$5)
Notes: In each game I did well up until I just wanted to style. Then he was like "lol diddy/lol falco" and tagged me for BS. My pressure on mid-level Diddy/Falco is crazy good though, I want to play better ppl so I can work on my conditioning. He felt like the big part of him being able to win against me was because I just wanted stupid **** and he capitalized on it
0-2 vs. Crash (DK) ($1)
Notes: I just wanted to attack and do cool things
0-2 0-2 vs. Overswarm (Marth, ROB) ($1/$1)
Notes: See Crash. OS said he felt like he did better w Marth than ROB against me though
3-2 vs. ForwardAirRage (Fox) ($1)
Notes: Fox is strange. I lost the first two games then started playing safer and adapting but I never really fully switched to that mode, I won anyways because I'm the better player. I don't know how to punish Fox without being afraid of counters like nair/dash attack/usmash and how to condition him with stage control, will be studying this character
2-1 vs. Excel (Sonic) ($1)
Notes: Sonic vs Marth is tricky but truthfully I think if I'd played more patient g2 I would've beat him on BF too. This was fun and I learned a few things about Sonic

Overall the lesson I learned from this tournament is
1. Playing to improve --> wins will come (at least at this pt in my skill). Just try to have fun with the game, winning is important but if you make it a large part of your approach to the game then it'll show in certain spots and this is especially not good for my skill level currently
2. Just because you are better than people or think you are better doesn't mean you can just try to style on 'em
3. Slight HDTV delay (3-4 frames) is actually still kinda bad

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
1. Playing to improve --> wins will come (at least at this pt in my skill). Just try to have fun with the game, winning is important but if you make it a large part of your approach to the game then it'll show in certain spots and this is especially not good for my skill level currently
2. Just because you are better than people or think you are better doesn't mean you can just try to style on 'em
3. Slight HDTV delay (3-4 frames) is actually still kinda bad
More people needs to realize these stuff.
Different degrees of importance, but all of them matters.

Top Bottom