• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

V

Smash Ace
M2K won gf anti didn't really try. And yes diddy is mega gay. He might be marths hardest mu imo.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Someone teach me how to get rid of a mental block so I can start beating Snakes.

V

Smash Ace
No marth has beaten M2K before but me mike and havok were talking afterwards and we noticed some things that he can change next time. Jason relies on marth jumping and dashing a lot. That's when he gets the majority of his tornado damage. When mike was walking he punished nado almost every time. If mike stays grounded next time I think he can pull it off.

V

Smash Ace
Marth walking is **** because it makes all of mk's approaches risky.

V

Smash Ace
Running makes you susceptable to a trip, an opening you can't afford to give mk. You can shield at any moment during a walk which is your greatest tool vs mk. Walking > running.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Leon and Mr. R would do dash away -> dash towards opponent -> shield/powershield, followed by upb punish alot of the time. It usually worked against Orion/Kaos. Was very interesting.

V

Smash Ace
That's good for a mixup but I would doubt its viability as your primary option.

Let's look at it this way. Which marth is the most succesful vs mk? Mike. What does mike do differently from other marth's? Walk. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

Reizilla

I like to sorta do that kinda sorta. I also like walking though. But I tend to jump too much and I have bad reaction time, so I eat kind of a lot of nado :/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Actually that approach is EXTREMELY strong against MK when you have the upper hand (i.e. skill) in spacing.

If you walk too much against M2K he will start ****** you with forward roll stuff and dash grabs, imo.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
That's good for a mixup but I would doubt its viability as your primary option.

Let's look at it this way. Which marth is the most succesful vs mk? Mike. What does mike do differently from other marth's? Walk. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

what kind of logic is that lol

PEACE7

Smash Champion
That's a really stupid logic IMO we shouldn't base everything off
Of mike although he is good and all he just has a different style that works for him doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
That's a really stupid logic IMO we shouldn't base everything off
Of mike although he is good and all he just has a different style that works for him doesn't necessarily mean it's the best one

basing the mu off of the marth whos fought a variety of mks, the best mk in the world, 2 mks who second a viable marth (one of which has beaten ally twice, the other which has taken a match) as opposed to basing it off of out of practice/impatient mks who sd consistently in tournament?

blasphemy i tell you! utter nonsense!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We all +1'd it in our hearts.

But yeah... walking is very good against MK but as I would like to point out again, MK can take advantage of you walking in terms of spacing as well, especially if they have practice against it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
first thing you did wrong was pick a bad color marth

okay, first things, lucario is ****ing stupid

walk is the only thing marth can approach him wtih, dont try aerials, you'll get fsmashed, don't try dash, you'll get fsmashed

walk > powershield > grabs/db/dtilt/w/e is the only thing you can really do to him when he has the spacing on you

walk, watch for the froll behind you (if he tries it) otherwise you can react to his stuff, such as fsmash

NEVER commit to anything vs lucario

when juggling lucario, don't be directly below him, his dair is ********, juggle with fairs and bairs instead of uairs

thats all i can think of

the match was just you getting outplayed.... alot

spike moar, lucario up bing = free dair/fair stagespike

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
We all +1'd it in our hearts.

But yeah... walking is very good against MK but as I would like to point out again, MK can take advantage of you walking in terms of spacing as well, especially if they have practice against it.
MK can take advantage of your any anything.

Also to anyone who may have trouble as MK/whatever character vs. Marth, the key to weakening Marth's arsenal is not to fear dancing blade. In both their ability to "pressure" with it and its winddown. If you can identify the wind down windows you don't have to take any of that goofy rolling bait that shouldn't still be working in 2011.

Shutting down dancing blade is vital because the general linear rhythm of all of his other moves is much easier to accomidate.

I could get into all the intricacies of shield-dropping + re-shielding in certain situations to weaken his pressure or cover options but I'm trying to like, win and stuff.

Good advice P3, the only change I'd make is "vs. Lucario you should only commit to a maximum of one safe poke, anything more and you will lose adv. more often than not"

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Also shoutouts to Ally winning in Europe

Deaded that deluded high horse

To anyone with a shred of sense there was never a comparison between them and mike to begin with anyways

Reizilla

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll take it in and try playing him again at the next tourney and see if I can do better. I feel like I also just played really bad in this set. Could have been from nerves, or just not knowing what to do/cracking under pressure/poor execution or something. Not to take anything away. Trela's ridiculously good. I just know I could have done much better. AND HE POWERSHIELDS EVERYTHING. IT'S SO GAY.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Can it just be possible that Mikes a smart player and that's why his strategy works. Or the same for Mr.R/Leon.

You *****s get to salty

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Also shoutouts to Ally winning in Europe

Deaded that deluded high horse

To anyone with a shred of sense there was never a comparison between them and mike to begin with anyways
Ally didn't go Snake or MK... how's that "never a comparison". He lost a lot of friendlies with those characters. Lawl Neo logic.

Player-3

Smash Hero
lucario and bowsers fsmashes always get me

because i try to space a tipper (insert name here)

and then they lean back

and i whiff

and i have enough time to scream **** before i die

Top Bottom