• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya, I am once again disappointed by fault of your actions, or lack there of.

On another note, I could make it multiple infractions, but then we'd both be liars.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
? Scizor and celebi were better baton passer's for the simple fact they werent QUAD weak to stealth rock. What does nidoking have that makes him any good? >_> If they were gay for him they wouldn't have made him a poison type.

Flygon still has a niche because of its typing and u-turn which is still good, just plays differently then most dragons. Not to mention stab EQ and two immunities which are very common.

If anything gamefreak did an amazing job this gen. I fail to see a problem.

lololololol
Im not saying Game Freak did a bad job. Just that they are still impertinent on doing things there way.

Flygon has always been the little brother to the other dragons. Everyone WANTS him to get DD and use him that way because of his good typing. But well....Game Freak says no.

Go look at Nidoking's movepool. It is the weirdest thing you will ever see. That and he got encourage, and that negates the 10% recoil he gets from life orb.

They made a rotom form with the typing Electric/Flying...with Levitate.

I wouldn't say they screwed up. They have just done things their way and it always seems to be the opposite of what the community wants.

Im putting this in the tone of it being funny because of how everything turns out, not bashing Game Freak.
Its funny how everyone wants one thing but Game Freak does half of what they want or the exact opposite.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Im not saying Game Freak did a bad job. Just that they are still impertinent on doing things there way.

Flygon has always been the little brother to the other dragons. Everyone WANTS him to get DD and use him that way because of his good typing. But well....Game Freak says no.

Go look at Nidoking's movepool. It is the weirdest thing you will ever see. That and he got encourage, and that negates the 10% recoil he gets from life orb.

They made a rotom form with the typing Electric/Flying...with Levitate.

I wouldn't say they screwed up. They have just done things their way and it always seems to be the opposite of what the community wants.

Im putting this in the tone of it being funny because of how everything turns out, not bashing Game Freak.
Its funny how everyone wants one thing but Game Freak does half of what they want or the exact opposite.

Why should Flygon be like all the other dragons? He fits his role just fine. Nothing wrong with him not getting Ddance. He fills a good scouter role. With ddance he'd be a worse bulky ddance nite. Flygon's stats hold him back not his movepool.

Nidoking's movepool isn't that weird. Rhydon has basically the same thing. And I'm pretty sure Encourage doesn't negate Life orb recoil. It just negates side effects 10%chance burn,freeze,flinch, etc moves.

If gamefreak listened to what everyone wanted we'd have a pretty bad metagame. There is nothing wrong with what they're doing. The only thing that I can say they should fix is hitmonchan's lack of sucker punch. Even though him not having it is kinda a good thing.

and lol@fanrotom.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
@ Angel

Just forget it. Im not here to argue. I was posting for the sake of humorous-ness.

Oh well.

Your probably just going to tell me it wasn't funny in the first place.

And Life Orb recoil is negated. SmogCast said so.

Yall obviously don't have a sense of humor.

And on Flygon....he is a black sheep. And I lol at him when I see that Game Freak continuously hates on him. Flygon is only good because people want him to be.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
^^^

Exactly. He's a dragon who sucks.

Flygon sucks. Yea he has pretty good typing. But his role can be filled out by just about any other dragon and can be replaced by other scouters.

Its funny in my eyes.

Flygon is a bad dragon that gets hated on/trolled constantly by Game Freak. It makes me chuckle.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Flygon is a very good pokemon.

Stab Outrage is no joke. EVER ON ANY POKEMON.
base 100 speed is no joke, especially with a move like u-turn.
Stab earthquake with his base speed is fantastic as well.
SURE Garchomp outdoes him in speed and damage, but in a world where you can't use him (:'() he's a great choice for his typing and utility.

Having impunity and a lot of great resistances to moves help him out greatly too.
Resistance to stealth rock. Reasonable defences.

Guess which pokemon are amazing at everything?
Mewtwo and Arceus.

baww that Flygon after 1 turn of set up can't lol-****-sweep your opponent's team.

Reizilla

You wouldn't have posted the exact same rant twice if you were just trying to be humorous -____-

Or maybe you would... this is SWF afterall...

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
It started as humourous but these Jacks decided to turn it into an argument. In which I will not argue.

Its SWF and I plan to use it like I will. Not to get in to debates that will not end pretty over something as stupid as opinions on pokemon.

Reizilla

Darp! Dis are not da pokeman soshul thred gaiz! Teyk it 2 da Pee ems1! derp.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
talking about pokes is fun :3

I despise the game, with a passion though.
I doubt I'll play it at all for this gen.
SHAYA HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER <3

Same here, I retired past 3rd gen anyway. =\

Flygon is a bad dragon type in general really, his main points are his resistances, which coupled with a good speed can help dent/support for a turn. If it werent for the fact that he doesnt get Roar, which imo is alot better fit for his movepool and supporting position. (at least in 3rd gen)
Dragon Dance would indeed be a big help, but imo he needs better defensive moves. Even with DD he wouldn't scare off his counters like the other top tier Dragons. Besides, Flygon isnt the bad dragon, Kingdra and Altaria are the REAL bad dragons.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
SHAYA HAVENT TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER <3

Same here, I retired past 3rd gen anyway. =\

Flygon is a bad dragon type in general really, his main points are his resistances, which coupled with a good speed can help dent/support for a turn. If it werent for the fact that he doesnt get Roar, which imo is alot better fit for his movepool and supporting position. (at least in 3rd gen)
Dragon Dance would indeed be a big help, but imo he needs better defensive moves. Even with DD he wouldn't scare off his counters like the other top tier Dragons. Besides, Flygon isnt the bad dragon, Kingdra and Altaria are the REAL bad dragons.
You obviously havnt played gen5.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
You obviously didnt read my post.
I didn't LOL. Just read the bottom.

Kindra has always been good since gen 4
it just needed proper support

Gen 5 is a joke all I do is baton pass agilities to my shandera LOL
lol@no one being able to stop that. Play better people.

on another note. Anyone here coming to pound or whobo?

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Rubberbandman. If you had played 4th gen after Salamence was banned. HOLY POO

You would know why pokefans jumped all over you for that comment. But alas, you have only played 3rd gen.

After Mence was banned Kingdra became arguably became the best setup sweeper in the OU tier.

Kingdra is bauss.

I can't wait to make my Heavy Offense rain dance team!!!

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I'm still mad Mence got banned, when I heard that from someone I just had to smh.

Smogon has been throwing its power around so much lately. I miss the good old days where UUSF and PR at least tipped away the power slightly.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Personally I felt that Mence should have banned. I mean since you didn't play 4th gen you don't really know what he was capable of but... let me put it in a quick summary.

Teams were built completely around the fact that the opposing team would have a salamence.

They had their own dragons to sweep (Mence/Latias/Dragonite{mixnite usually}), a bulky water to force an outrage of a sweeping Mence, a steel to then counter/phaze/setup/kill the dragon. Thats why Scizor was so popular. People relied on him to take down a weakened Mence in Gen 4. Which lead to Heatran's popularity of countering Mence, Steels, and sweeping. And Latias really was what made ScarfTran popular along with Celebi and how prevalent Starmie and Rotom were becoming.

AFTER MENCE was banned came the GWF cores. In which arose the deadly Kingdra, Infernape, Shaymin, and Starmie out of Salamence's carcass that was banned to Uber.

Now in Gen 5 if it isn't a weather team you have to worry about; Previous Ubers that weren't banned, New Uber pokemon that aren't banned, Roobushin(Machamp with mach punch and 100ish hp and 140 atk, and Drain punch), Shandera(Fire Ghost with Shadow Tag), Doryuzu(Steel Ground type with 135 atk and 88 spe which doubles in a sandstorm), Nattorei(Grass Steel with amazing stats all around), Burungeru(Water Ghost that is GREAT at being a special wall), and Terakion(Fight Rock and is possibly the best physical attacker pokemon has ever seen with STAB Close Combat, Stone Edge and access to Swords Dance and X-Scissor). His ability completely destroys Tyranitar, everytime he is hit by a dark attack his atk stat recieves a 50% boost.

Along with Landlos- Ground Flying genie with an ability that boosts his Rock, Ground, (Steel???) moves in a sandstrom.

Erufuun is a grass poke with an ability that makes all non attacking moves go first. It has 116 base spe and it bauss. Will ALWAYS get the taunt on a stealth rocks lead.

Stealth Rock isn't as dominant. *Is secretly hoping Moltres busts into OU*

Ninetales got Drought
Politoed got Drizzle.
Woopty doo.

There are some new crazy stat boosters. Shell Smash being the most impressive. +2 atk +2 Spatk +2 Spe -1 Def. Cloyster and Omastar are really the only ones who can abuse but holy crap its insane.

Go listen to the smogcast they let out on it.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Nah, Im done. If the original generations die off its just gonna be the end for me then, they're really trying to do too much at GF.

Sala being uber is really a dumb thing since it was always predominant in RSE OU, but never had anything to put it over the top. Choice Specs really ****ed up the game obv.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I personally thought it was just the MixMence set that straight pooped on everything. But Choice Specs ruined it too.

OH AND I FORGOT. You thought Latias @ Choice Specs was bad? Imagine something that has 125 Special Atk and STAB on it that resists Pursuit.
Too bad Dark Dragon typing kind of sucks...

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
What made me even more furious than that was the fact the Heracross was placed in UU.

Like seriously? In adv, CBcross had NO ABSOLUTE COUNTER. You pretty much had to sack something to bring in either Duggy for the revenge kill or skarm. I call bs on that, Smogon needs to step it up.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Lol.
The only reason he is in there is because he basically hit #57 in the rankings. He should be BL in 4th gen. I would have liked to see what would have happened to UU in 4th gen with a little more time.

5th gen Heracross in UU....Might be possible. UU is going to get a lot of powerful poke's this gen or BL is going to considerably bigger.

EDIT: ACTUALLY- CBcross is going to ****. It now has this ability that boosts it atk by 50% after it KO's a poke. Lolzorz.

Basically the Specs Mence of UU.

Reizilla

Black dude loves Pokemon was awesome.

As long as Poke****s goes on, I get to talk about One Piece. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, stupid manga taking a break for another week T_T

Top Bottom