• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

V

Smash Ace
You know, if we wanna be elite again and set the standard for this forum, we just gotta do it. I never used to believe in positive self talk, but lately one phrase has changed the way I approach things.

Make it happen

Those three words say it all. It doesn't matter how you get it done, just get it done.

We want our respect and elite status back?

Let's make it happen

V

Smash Ace
Pffft what are you on? I want some too.

Marth is top 5 in this game. Tell em pierce

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We're old men who have retired from the realms of being publicly amazing.

Doesn't mean we aren't elitist.
If anyone ever says "hurr SONIC BOARDS DA BESS"

we'd **** that ****.
Dead.

17 times.

Each.

In under 30 seconds.

But as I hope you understand, no ones got the balls to usurp the Marth boards of it's original status, we live in tranquillity. We fought the great war, and we won.
We dropped nukes on our enemies before, and we're not afraid to do it again. Want to have a massive male population in the billions with a communist mentality? Yeah we'll tank that ****. Don't like how there are some oil-stemmed match up disputes in the desert? Yeah, don't worry; we need that oil, so we'll take that ****.

However it is apart of human nature to feel that lack of conflict equates to lack of existence. If people aren't fighting over it, then who cares about it, right?

After ****ing world war 3 we're going to be *****ing and moaning about how war should never ever ever happen again, and over 9000 people will be like "WORLD PEACE IS OUR DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! WE SHALL FIGHT FOR IT" when the same things were said after every war: EVER.

tl;dr get on my level.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I frequently travel to Olimar boards and I just saw BLM trolling them too.
I thought he just liked trolling us. Now I feel like I've been cheated on.

Did anyone else know that BLM goes to other boards than the Marth boards to troll?

And yes I ran over a cat. I didn't want to...but I didn't want to risk going 50mph into a MACK. Not fun. That cat died with honor and needs to be remembered for the rest of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaya View Post
We're old men who have retired from the realms of being publicly amazing.

we'd **** that ****.
Dead.

17 times.

Each.

In under 30 seconds.

But as I hope you understand, no ones got the balls to usurp the Marth boards of it's original status, we live in tranquillity. We fought the great war, and we won.

However it is apart of human nature to feel that lack of conflict equates to lack of existence. If people aren't fighting over it, then who cares about it, right?

After ****ing world war 3 we're going to be *****ing and moaning about how war should never ever ever happen again, and over 9000 people will be like "WORLD PEACE IS OUR DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! WE SHALL FIGHT FOR IT" when the same things were said after every war: EVER.

tl;dr get on my level.

Sorry I couldnt put it in quote box format. Technical difficulties.

So we need to start something and then beat it down so we can be the elite again? ;D

And can someone give like a history of the marth boards? And explain how and why we have obtained such a wonderful status?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kirby boards did there match up thread first or something, or so they claimed.

However we didn't like us not being the first and the best, so we denied their existence in history.

Pikachu boards thought they were crash hot and were "into" small animals (if you know what I mean), so we called the RSPCA, and got them noobs sent to jail for animal cruelty (and various other sexual fiend crimes). In jail they all found out what happens when they drop the soap.

Also before I was a moderator I had at least a billion amazing posts.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Kirby boards did there match up thread first or something, or so they claimed.

However we didn't like us not being the first and the best, so we denied their existence in history.

Pikachu boards thought they were crash hot and were "into" small animals (if you know what I mean), so we called the RSPCA, and got them noobs sent to jail for animal cruelty (and various other sexual fiend crimes). In jail they all found out what happens when they drop the soap.

Also before I was a moderator I had at least a billion amazing posts.

The only flaw I see in us being the best is that only WE denied the existence of the Kirby Boards. I think the next thing should be us making the rest of SWF not acknowledging the existence of the Kirby boards. Even the guys from Melee and 64.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Uh, Marth is top 6. He's worse than MK, Falco, Diddy, IC, and Snake. Arguably worse than Olimar, I'm not sure.

Arguably worse than Olimar? When did this come about?

Tell us more of stuff that I dont know of that has to do with everything that is going on right now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
we'd **** that ****.
Dead.
17 times.
Each.
In under 30 seconds.
With dtilt, because that makes it a 70:30, amirite?
Good times, Marths.

=====

One Piece > Haruhi.
Endless eight. What bull****.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ore...

ore no...

aaaaaaaaa...

ORE NO IMOUTO GA KONNA NI KAWAII WAKE GA NAI!

haha...

kukukukukukukukukukukuku~

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I still love Rurouni Kenshin.

If marth was based on japanese sword man...Rurouni would be him. But Marth is in the time period where the Middle East thinks magic happened in England and Marth is a prince.

Holy poo. Think what would be different if Marth was based on a Ninja/Samurai from Japan...they should definitely make a character like that in the next SSB. And Im going to say that I came up with it first and remember this so i can quote it when it happens.

V

Smash Ace
Just because M2K lost to a couple olimars doesn't make him better than marth. ICs have more **** attributes than marth but marth is a safer character, and assuming both are top level, marth probably does better in a national. ICs get timed out waaay easier than marth. Marth is better than wario imo too. Yes, waft can turn a match around crazy fast, but so can a SB or tipper fsmash, and marth has those at his disposal at every point during a match. Its also arguable who's better vs snake between marth and olimar. Also, what happens when olimar has a sh*tty pikmin line? What happens when diddy loses banana control? These are variables that marth doesn't have to deal with. He has the same options at every point in a match. He never has to worry about losing sword control. Doesn't worry about losing nana. Doesn't worry about grab releases. Doesn't worry about having the right pikmin or a tether recovery. Sure, these characters take advantage of other characters better than marth can, but he's more solid overall, and in top level play the less exploitable weaknesses you have the better chance you have of winning. Marth is top 5

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Marth has one giant exploitable weakness called Metaknight.

Viet's posts > One Piece > everything else

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
To be honest I dont think that Olimar is better than Marth either, I just want Pierce's take on it. I find Marth the most stable while holding game-pivoting aspects of all the top characters like you said. 'Cept for Snake and MK(who is arguably broken).

Olimar is finally getting the attention the little space man deserves and with it comes the publicly induced over-hype. Olimar has not, in my eyes, gotten the attention that comes with every good character. MK is always prominent, along with Snake and Marth. Then a Diddy phase came. And a Wario phase. And before that there was the GW and D3 phase. Recently Pikachu. ZSS has always held respect as a formidable character. Lucario seems to be an unrespected underdog.

Thats just my take on things.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Umm so does everybody...
Hold on now. Go find how many chars MK actually destroy. 60:40 isn't a counter. The better player will still win. Unless it's a 65 45 and more it isn't a counter/weakness IMO.

MK is very map dependent. On Rainbow Cruise he does have an enormous advantage on everyone except a few. But tbh the map choices/systems are bull crap. Maps shouldn't be banned only by how universally unfair they are but rather individually also.

V

Smash Ace
To be honest I dont think that Olimar is better than Marth either, I just want Pierce's take on it. I find Marth the most stable while holding game-pivoting aspects of all the top characters like you said. 'Cept for Snake and MK(who is arguably broken).

Olimar is finally getting the attention the little space man deserves and with it comes the publicly induced over-hype. Olimar has not, in my eyes, gotten the attention that comes with every good character. MK is always prominent, along with Snake and Marth. Then a Diddy phase came. And a Wario phase. And before that there was the GW and D3 phase. Recently Pikachu. ZSS has always held respect as a formidable character. Lucario seems to be an unrespected underdog.

Thats just my take on things.
I agree. I hope the tier list in the future looks like...

MK
Falco
Snake
Diddy Kong
Marth
Wario
Olimar
ICs
Pikachu

Top Bottom