• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

∫unk

Smash Master
i dont have trouble following up grabs just grabbing in general

after playing ddd and mk a lot it just feels weird to shield approach and space simultaneously with marth

is solid saying something he's on my ignore list

and dont worry phil nye i still suck

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
like your ability to play the game!!! burnnnnn

and marths grab game is awesome
^ This

Insulting the beauty of marths grab game was a mistake
It might be your last

Don't listen to Almost. In fact, it might just be best for all of us to put him on our ignore lists.

:sniper:
Solid thats mean
Although, maybe not such a bad.............................
(jk)

God, You know how orgasmic it would be if we had ness's back throw at our disposals?
Then we wouldnt have to resort to grab release-->DS 3 times to kill MK :) Neo, that was sexy stuff though, gj

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we know sakurai hates earthbound because of how it reflects his childhood explicitly.
And how he has a thing for metaknight -although that is somewhat reasonable since he invented him-

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
that hurt =/.

A mini CG that's crap. And only works on low percentages but whatever.
I dunno, something that allows safe kill moves, gets your opponents in a really awful place to be vs. marth (offstage), and makes them eat an aerial with decent damage or smash is pretty good. And in situational cases, can practically cost them a stock (throw -> dair, though not very common).

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I dunno, something that allows safe kill moves, gets your opponents in a really awful place to be vs. marth (offstage), and makes them eat an aerial with decent damage or smash is pretty good. And in situational cases, can practically cost them a stock (throw -> dair, though not very common).
Fish for grabs while their on zero since thats the only time the CG wors yeah it's nothing special. If it was something like falco's CG then yeah that'd be cool However his CG is crap.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
@Almost,

Marth's chaingrabs arent why his grab game is good. (well, its not the major reason anyway)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Guys, Ignore list is your friend.

:sniper:
Not really:

So close to completely eliminating Steel2nd from my life. So close.

kk guys, back on the topic of Marth guy.

Shaya, the Fthrow x2 x 5 or so dthrow to fsmash only works on Fox and Falco if you buffer right? Wolf is heavy enough to give Marth extra lag on dthrow and therefore the CG on him isn't possible at all or must be shortened?

I must know for the sake of playing gay in SSBB. Most important imho.

Thank you Aussie Guy in advance.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya, the Fthrow x2 x 5 or so dthrow to fsmash only works on Fox and Falco if you buffer right? Wolf is heavy enough to give Marth extra lag on dthrow and therefore the CG on him isn't possible at all or must be shortened?

I must know for the sake of playing gay in SSBB. Most important imho.

Thank you Aussie Guy in advance.
Fox is fthrowx2, dthrowx5

Falco is fthrowx2, dthrow x3

Wolf I dont even know. I haven't even tested him personally... But i'm pretty sure he can avoid any thing from a dthrow other than dancing blade.

Also the title is god **** ridiculous, go back to studying you EVIL whelpish Steel guy thing whatever. :p

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
To the extent of my knowledge, chaingrabbing wolf is like doing the cg at one third the speed. Wolf gets that wierd landing animation so he cant do much and that should be more than enough to let you get a few (3 i think) dthrows then maybe a tipper fsmash or dancing blade. I will test it after my calc 2 final tomorrow...if im not too burnt out after taking it.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah but my name is on a black background whereas yours is gray.(and mine is also bigger)

sorry i meant i didn't like the color combination because i can't see it without focusing, not blue, i love blue.

just sucks that i can't read your posts haha.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
yeah but my name is on a black background whereas yours is gray.(and mine is also bigger)

sorry i meant i didn't like the color combination because i can't see it without focusing, not blue, i love blue.

just sucks that i can't read your posts haha.
no problem, i will just wrap my posts in spoiler tags so u can highlight them and read that way

...not really lol but i guess i will spare ppls eyes and type in white for a while

@shaya:
im ashamed of you for not having the cg tested on all the spacies. tsk tsk

Albert.

Smash Master
so, bass clef albert, what instrument do you play?
Bass guitar, voice, and guitar.
used to be pretty good at tuba/low horn thingies >_< LOL

sometime I'll post a video for you guys of me playing, I'm going to an amazing music school in the fall. No more Wii :(

LOL any marth-musicians?

BTW I already said this but the Ignore list is an amazing feature.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
no problem, i will just wrap my posts in spoiler tags so u can highlight them and read that way

...not really lol but i guess i will spare ppls eyes and type in white for a while

@shaya:
im ashamed of you for not having the cg tested on all the spacies. tsk tsk
I was too busy getting the timing down for the short step cg to dtilt thing D3 has on Wolf.
Marth's even match ups are all like 70:30 in the opponent's favour, **** that. NO POINT BEATING A DEAD HORSE. TIER ***** THEM. And just about all of marth's even match ups get pwned by d3, it's awesome.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Falco also ***** them.

Snake, D3, Wolf, R.O.B., and DK all lose to Falco. Furthermore, I can fight MK with Falco very well. Lastly, I can do the Falco ditto (though I would use Marth if given the option), and don't have to learn a slow, fat, vulnerable character like D3, who I would not like to ditto with.

clowsui

Smash Legend
D3 loses to Falco if he ever gets grabbed rofl
With your back to the edge...if you even get one grab off he is in position to get grabbed till 90

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't remember Snake losing to Falco, but I'll take your word for it.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
He doesn't really, but see how many Snake's actually know the match-up well enough to beat Falco. I'm still not sure who wins at top level play.

If Snake gets chaingrabbed without blowing himself up first, he eats a lot of damage and may die.
Olimar and Pikachu also cover Marth pretty decently.
Olimar beats Snake (I hear), DK, D3, R.O.B. (I think), and can fight MK (supposedly). He loses to Wolf (supposedly) but I wouldn't mind fighting Wolf with Marth.
Pikachu ***** Wolf, and I hear he beats Snake, can fight MK, and does decently vs D3, R.O.B., and DK.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
LOL any marth-musicians?
Yeah. I play French Horn and used to play Piano. I'll be picking up guitar soon. I used to sing... but that was my parents doing... 0,o

So I was lurking AiB and I saw DK in the fifth tier or something and it said that it was due to new headbutt discoveries? Someone explain?

Top Bottom