• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
There is still slight humanity left in the world. And, as a matter of fact, yes, I do believe that most of the whole world is stupid. I don't see how I've contradicted myself. Just because the world is completely ridiculous does not mean that I have to be as well. I prefer to keep my health, among other things. However, I don't have the patience to reason with stubbornness, so I'll leave the topic for now.

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't pay attention to religion much, do people even know for sure what mohammad looked like?

like jesus is always portrayed as a white hippie but geologically that would be almost impossible wth

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The reason I support "Everyone Draw Mohammad Day" isn't one of offense. It's to make a point. Islamic extremists feel themselves exempt from the "moral standards" that they claim to hold everyone else to, when their 'religion of peace' is making death threats over silly pictures.

I don't take any offense from their ways, nor do I mean any, but they don't get a free pass to make death threats about something, just because it's forbidden by their religion. I don't see any Jews burning down delicatessens, do you?

Edit: I understand that there are racists on either side, and some of those who are participating in the drawings are choosing extremely offensive depictions. They're missing the whole point of the demonstration, and I don't support, nor approve of their methodry.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I think the world is garbage and humans are all obstacles

this is why i think this post describes the situation best:

Kiwi birds are FREAKY GUYS. THEY SERIOUSLY WALK LIKE THE BULBORBS FROM PIKMIN. I NEVER REALISED THAT'S WHAT MIYAMOTO BASED THEM OFF.
Unfortunately no babies following them ever. They are born self sufficient and ALONE.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
don't pay attention to religion much, do people even know for sure what mohammad looked like?

like jesus is always portrayed as a white hippie but geologically that would be almost impossible wth
I noticed that too! In my church he is portaid as a white guy. In my black friend's church, they firmly believe that he is dark. Neither conclusion makes any sense. I guess whatever helps people to relate to him seems to be their preference. I'm basically against trying to portray the image of Christ... it doesn't make any sense that we should be able to.

I see the point that you make with the day, Raziek, but I doubt that others who support it have the same aim that you do.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I noticed that too! In my church he is portaid as a white guy. In my black friend's church, they firmly believe that he is dark. Neither conclusion makes any sense. I guess whatever helps people to relate to him seems to be their preference. I'm basically against trying to portray the image of Christ... it doesn't make any sense that we should be able to.

I see the point that you make with the day, Raziek, but I doubt that others who support it have the same aim that you do.
Unfortunately that's basically the problem. What started as a demonstration in resistance to Islamic radicals' oppression of free speech has been twisted and perverted by bigots and racists on either side.

It's really depressing.

Also, wtfkiwibirds.

Albert.

Smash Master
Nice arguments, what you just posted really shows how much thought you've put in the subject, and how you've found a way to formulate those thoughts.
Thank you :)

LOLLLL at Etecoon

The reason I support "Everyone Draw Mohammad Day" isn't one of offense. It's to make a point. Islamic extremists feel themselves exempt from the "moral standards" that they claim to hold everyone else to, when their 'religion of peace' is making death threats over silly pictures.
See... It is offensive.

The attack is directed at islamic extremists, but they are only a small portion of the religion. (Which is also the largest religion in the world right now... LOL SUCK A D*** Christianity)

A statement shouldn't have its roots in the people who follow it, but in the actual message it's supposed to provide.
I dunno if this actually means anything useful or relevent.

I don't read "trying too hard to be smart"

On the topic of kiwi birds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

I can't help but feel bad for the **** things.
Dude that video is sooo cute lol

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
dude I love the marths we discuss things like intelilectuals it makes me feel smarter

5th commandment marths must be intelectuals

Mr-R

Smash Champion
minty is just mad becuz he placed 9th in teams ( out of 13 teams LOL )
its okay minty.... dont blame god

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

I don't take any offense from their ways, nor do I mean any, but they don't get a free pass to make death threats about something, just because it's forbidden by their religion. I don't see any Jews burning down delicatessens, do you?

Edit: I understand that there are racists on either side, and some of those who are participating in the drawings are choosing extremely offensive depictions. They're missing the whole point of the demonstration, and I don't support, nor approve of their methodry.
Dude... how is that not offensive?

Let's do something that is taboo to another person's religion just to show them that we don't like them...? No sane muslim is making death threats at you, nor does anyone give them the right to.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I believe thats why the term "extremeist" is used and not jsut for muslims but the christains militants that surfaced in Michigan

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I was wondering how long that was gonna take! haha XD

What about hippies?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why guys... why :(

Kiwis are even MORE freaky than that video.
Their running is like OMG WTF.

And their legs are pretty uber, so they have pretty cool speed for something so small. And they jump around.
btw true facts (wonder if anyone into science would gedit?) but the kiwi has the smallest nose out of any bird in the world.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He used Shayan Airways.
Unfortunately they are sometimes not too reliable and lost the package through a [paper] plane crash into New Zealand.

He didn't have insurance out, so gg.

Top Bottom