• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
ToZ spams Shield and Fsmash

doesn't kill me till like 170%

I spam DTilt and Sucking.

I kill him at 130%

moral of the story: We both suck.

OH AND HE SPAMS COUNTER, THE WORST KIND OF SPAM, EVER.
I spam Fsmash and Dair.

I don't hill him until ~170% and KO with Uthrow.

Bass spams Dtilt and Fsmash.

He edgehogs me all the time.

Moral of the story: We're both failwhales.

ButI'mlessofafailwhalebecauseIrapehimwithmyLink.

PS:
This from BCA:
"FB chat is ridiculously laggy
AIM me
Bassclefalbert
It says you've been typing for like the past 5 minutes
I don't think you know that many words"

I lol'd

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
I spam dolphin slash, fair, dancing blade, fsmash and grab <- (LOL).

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Those are definitely two incongruous statements : /

:p
I don't really know much about Marth or contribute here.

But I do have great knowledge of Falcons Match ups and Metagame.

And I do contribute on the Falcon boards. I have enough knowledge to be in every single back room they have. Making the cut every time.

I do think that we can place well enough. We have quite a lot of Wifi experience. And we have developed a metagame for Wifi only. We're prepared; primed for battle.

I don't think it is your place to determine if those two statements really are incongruous or not.

Albert.

Smash Master
LOL You brought the words!

listen... I was just kidding.

Glad you took the bait. LOL

If you're so sure that you're fine then why are you justifying it to me? I really don't matter. And I really mean that.

So yo man be chill :)

Good luck with the tourney. Although I am rooting for Ike/PT

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
LOL He brought the words!

listen... I was just kidding.

Glad you took the bait. LOL

If you're so sure that you're fine then why are you justifying it to me? I really don't matter. And I really mean that.

So yo man be chill :)

Good luck with the tourney. Although I am rooting for Ike/PT
Hey man, I only talk and argue my case with logic and reasoning when I get a bit POed. That's probably one of the main reasons I survived the countless purges in the debate hall.

I just wanted to get my point across. I'm truly happy for the Falcons rep'ing in the tourney. It should be fun. I just wanted to get that point across without being trashed like how it often is with me here.

I can't really tell a joke from a legit statement online. Just because it is in text. And the fact that I really don't know you that well. So assume that I will fall for anything that is not outside of the line of common sense.

Ike,, and Mario are gonna be trouble. But the good thing is that our top players are almost as good as they are online as they are offline. And we have many skilled people because of Falcons popularity in the previous game.

I'm not gonna be participating, because my falcon is a bit different thatn theirs and I have no Wifi anymore, but I will give them tips. And I have been lurking around on some of the other participating boards and observing some of their Wifi metagame. Currently I'm choosing which slots are gonna be filled and who should do what. And I'm be writing a small guide on the wifi metagame that will be exclusive to the representatives. But that is a work in progress.

That is the most amount of text I've ever posted on the Marth boards, sorry.
But I'm a bit passionate about this. Wish us luck guys.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
AND PT. especially if they have Reflex playing. Good luck have fun
PT and Falcon are a very close Match Up. Almost way too close to call. But WiFi may just give us the edge. And we have some awesome falcons.

Player-3 is one of the people repping falcon. Proud to have him.

Thanks, I guess.

∫unk

Smash Master
Umm considering squirtle is a high/top tier character and charizard is mid tier I don't see how falcon can go even unless it's wifi. I have only seen typh absolutely destroy great falcons. I mean his squirtle was beating m2k.

Best unknown falcon by far is silent spectre holy crap he ***** in brawl with falcon so funny

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
If there was a Player3 fan club I'd be the creator :)

(IS THERE ONE??)
I don't think there is one but if there was I'd totally join. Player-3 is my bro.

Umm considering squirtle is a high/top tier character and charizard is mid tier I don't see how falcon can go even unless it's wifi. I have only seen typh absolutely destroy great falcons. I mean his squirtle was beating m2k.

Best unknown falcon by far is silent spectre holy crap he ***** in brawl with falcon so funny
During the time we were devising our metagame we came up with a bunch of situational combos using the flub'd knee. Then we usually end with some sort of ground to aerial transition involving jab to grab to d-throw.

Pulling it off is a bit difficult. Just because in order for it to work, the Flub'd knee must trip the opponent. If memory serves, that is only if your opponent is at 35% or below.

Now we have N-air combos which are a godsend. They also do the same thing, except faster, and they don't need to trip.
Squirtle being a close range fighter makes it difficult to find the proper distance away because we're quite close range also.

There was a lot of reasoning that went into this. It was quite a while back though. Things have changed. But we still think that the match up on wifi at least is around 50-50.

And silent spectre is one of the best falcons we have ever seen. Too bad he isn't active on Falcon boards and SWF for that matter(I beleive). We would take home the prize.

I think our might is in ToKneeOrNotToKnee, Red-Blue, and our very own Player-3. Hopefully it is enough to get us through.

sorry for another lenghty message. Its just I like to explain falcon a bit to others. I helped craft a very small portion of his metagame...the entry, escape, revitalization, reentry portion....

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
yay spam! I spam... fair, dtilt, nair, DB, and sometimes fsmash, usmash, and dsmash (in that order). Fsmash is often just 'cause the jump input didn't take, usmash is fun from a dash, and dsmash is good when someone loves rolling behind you when you get in range or somesuch. Really any situation where covering both sides is good and I can't nair for some reason (maybe the opponent's too short or something). Oh! it's also fun from a grab release on some characters.

Though if I'm going from Zamus to Marth without much time to switch mindsets, I'll often spam uair, bair, DB1, and dash attack. XD

Speaking of spam btw, my lvl 7/8/9 Marth CPU is funny. He literally spams the first two hits of DB. Over and over, whether it connects or not. And now he's randomly DSing on stage whether he's anywhere near me or not. XD I figure he got the DB1&2 thing from me on wifail, 'cause with lag I couldn't time the hits so I'd often only get a couple in instead of all 4 (apparently it was usually just the first 2 XD). I'm trying to break him of that habit, though, by doing it correctly so when he copies me, he will. What a way to force yourself to play correctly and consistently, eh? Trying to train the CPU. XD I was trying to show him to DS OoS, and that's why he now randomly DS's. He didn't quite get the part about OoS or, you know, doing it when it'll actually hit something.

Yay I went off on a total tangent. :D

In other news I preordered the Metroid Prime Trilogy the other day, but it probably still won't get here til the 29th or so at the earliest. D:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How i deal with a Camper/Spammer Snake?
Get in, get the read, keep that juggle trap going strong.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate on this cuz there's not much to elaborate on. It literally is you finding some way to get into Snake's zone but not get thrown out (literally or not), then setting up a positional advantage you can try to press on.

It's a very momentum-based battle, learn to consistently keep pressure going without putting yourself in too much risk.

Brawl is such a deep game guys. A large portion of this chunk is me saying the same **** over and over again. =V

In other news GCN pad seems to suck major *** in any fighting game not called Smash Bros.

DIZZY DONT YOU DOUBLE JUMP WTF I ONLY WANTED TEH BUBBLE THING WHY air 214S NOT WORK rhghfbernerj >=(

Someone tell me if Heidelberg is amazing or not.

Player-3

Smash Hero

ss is too good

pt is a monster, i only fear im though if its REFLEX(ive seen him play offline/played him a few times... jesus ****ing christ) typh or that chuck nasty kid i hear he has a pretty good charzard
i usually win/go even/ barely lose to other pts even if theyre good players in general (talking top 3 placing at GA tournys... which isnt saying much but hes beaten kismet before)

my falcons only good on wifi

only because wifi is so easy to abuse

i should enter wifi tournys i would win so bad

falcon is a horrible character

lololol

and lol i just realized im like the only falcon from the US

my tag is going to be USA! now for the whole tourny just because

thats if i can borrow my friends wii lmao

If there was a Player3 fan club I'd be the creator :)

(IS THERE ONE??)

<3

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Player-3 how's your Marth? I keep asking people if they can teach me to swing my sword.

Umby said I wasn't technical enough. =<

Should I just learn how to throw things? =V

Player-3

Smash Hero
naw mang you just need to stop getting mindgames and think is what i saw last tiem

you just kept running into my falcos fsmash

just run away if im IVT ing you :\

space hardurrrr

even though i have no idea what to do with melee marth besides space and grab

my marth is sortof okay i guess, yours is prolly better except for the fact you run into smashes and stuff

also stop choking and SDing when your about to win agaisnt sleepy
<_<

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Allied! G2 rematch that Kirby of yours soon!

Mos from AiB wanted me to tell you guys, the Marth Boards, and I quote:
Tell the Marth boards that they need to stop "following the leader" and "make your own ****.
I'm just a messenger.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
**** NEO, the coldness.

I'ma beat your black *** in Marth dittos when I come up there to **** EC again (WHICH I JUST FINISHED DOING)

<3
Somehow, I don't see this entire statement being true

roooofl

Allied

Smash Master

Ok Serious question guys this is real business

As we know kadaj mains luigi now

How does that affect the marf boards

You can cry on my shoulder

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** no

neo and haze and pierce and steel and kadaj and all those smart marth mains wear the pants here

not so sure about neo since he can smell his ball sweat though

**** kadaj mains luigi now?

it was the WAH WAH WAH WAH wasnt it

Freezewish

Smash Ace
That mos guy is so annoying. ugh

Everytime I go on AIB he's like

"FREEZEWISH MARTH DITTO ME" I <3 the ignore feature they have there.

Top Bottom