• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
*Fixed, that way we can let hippy in.

I'll join, but you people need to meet me in person before I friend you.

It's my strategy to prevent accusations that I have 800+ friends on FB that I never met in person. I have 800+ friends, but I actuallly know them.

Which reminds me, who's going to SNES?
lol yay! idr how you look like though so i forgot, ruk has me on facebook so its k.

i was gonna take that homo chinatown round bus to MA but said nah, i have mom/age/money/azn/sucking etc johns

Marth's uptilt is amazing!
i can't ever land it consistently lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Melee Marth doesnt have an utilt. He has an e-tilt aka everywhere tilt. There isnt a place that tilt didnt hit in melee.

At least to me.

And then there is Brawl utilt. That cant even match the animation's range...

At least its a common move for ME personally.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem is a shield.

Makes Marth like invincible and ****, and blows up *****es and w***es.

Sakurai thought it be a good idea for Marf to not have the Fire Emblem in brawl, what a douche.
Problem is, they never really showed it in battle animation, at least in the original, dunno about the new one.

Falchion on the other hand was a generation to generation sword (I know there's a better term for this), that kills dragons or something, iono.
The only thing that Marth seems to -have- from FE is maybe Dancing Blade; everything else from tippers to losing to Meta Knight have only been Smash Bros additions.
Not really, a lot of his attacks had their animation pulled directly from his FE animation.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How many animations does FE actually have?

Critical Hit, RUN IN SLASH... not many others.
Most of those are replicated in Dancing Blade. And remember, many of DB's strike animations look like Marth's utilt, fsmash, etc.

And Marth's utilt is -not- his most reliable kill move.

I'd hate to throw around bias, but NAIR, BAIR, DOLPHIN SLASH and (shock*horror) FMASH get a lot of people's kills. A lot more than utilt.
Even though utilt kills are god **** sexy.

Player-3

Smash Hero
isnt it obvious

they gave a guy a sword and was like

we will make him.. swing it
when you press forward he swings it forward backwards he turns so he can swing it effectively backwards and down he swings it down, up he swings it up, neutral he swings it around to buy himself cover

on the ground its the same thing

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

I'd hate to throw around bias, but NAIR, BAIR, DOLPHIN SLASH and (shock*horror) FMASH get a lot of people's kills. A lot more than utilt.
Lol. Bair and Dolphin Slash dont count in my game anymore. LOLOL.

Utilt and Uair neither.

We should make Dash Attack kill.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

Most of those are replicated in Dancing Blade. And remember, many of DB's strike animations look like Marth's utilt, fsmash, etc.

DS is unreliable because it can get you punished. I rarely kill with fsmash unless it's tipped (which I tend to do a lot these days, yayy spacing getting better!)

Utilt is amazing because you can throw it out in many situations. When getting crossed up, baiting an AD, in between juggles, and when they're behind you. Most of my straight-up kills come from utilt and bair. Nair kills are so satisfying but i only really hit them on characters trying to regain stage control after getting ***** off the ledge.

∫unk

Smash Master
u-tilt isn't amazing because spacing ***** it

i can't explain how homo it is to kill someone in socal they will camp you so hard

that's why f-smash is amazing

west cooaaaaasssst

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
DS is unreliable because it can get you punished. I rarely kill with fsmash unless it's tipped (which I tend to do a lot these days, yayy spacing getting better!)

Utilt is amazing because you can throw it out in many situations. When getting crossed up, baiting an AD, in between juggles, and when they're behind you. Most of my straight-up kills come from utilt and bair. Nair kills are so satisfying but i only really hit them on characters trying to regain stage control after getting ***** off the ledge.
DS OoS can be safe against certain moves. You can true combo aerial grab release into DS on MK (and probably others, but I don't really know anything).

Usmash can do all of those things.

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
at Neko

I have actually killed with Dash Attack lol! I remebered it cause i was not expecting it to happen.

Was fighting my friend who was playing Snake and I had him in the air on FD, he decided to go and land on the opposite side and I go over and Dash attack his legs as he was landing and it tipped and killed.

It was his last stock too:laugh:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
DS OoS can be safe against certain moves. You can true combo aerial grab release into DS on MK (and probably others, but I don't really know anything).

Usmash can do all of those things.
and usmash can stage spike.

Too bad the end lag makes it's versatility less of that of Utilts.

That and the reward for landing usmash isnt that great. e__e

at Neko

I have actually killed with Dash Attack lol! I remebered it cause i was not expecting it to happen.

Was fighting my friend who was playing Snake and I had him in the air on FD, he decided to go and land on the opposite side and I go over and Dash attack his legs as he was landing and it tipped and killed.

It was his last stock too:laugh:
...!!!??

You...can TIPPER DASH ATTACK!?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
and in the process of "avoiding" them you make yourself sound utterly stupid.
Be nice please.

In the process of you talking down on people you make yourself sound like an elitist.
Ok guys, cut it out. No Peach boards drama, or worse yet, Sonic boards drama.

Oh yes, THE SHAYA COMBO v0.2

(jk)

That **** is awesome. But Utilt otherwise is a rarity except against those that fail in the air (in terms of range).
It's cool for low percent platform-based juggling (before Uair time), and killing with miffed spacing, I like it still, though it may partially be my obsession with melee uptilt. God, I love that move.

lol yay! idr how you look like though so i forgot, ruk has me on facebook so its k.
I'm hurt, I'm bad at finding people on FB. BTW, you're eligible for being my FB friend since gametable.

Ruk isn't though, we still haven't met up and smashed, even though he PROMISED to teach me to enjoy marth dittos. *is hurt more*

We need to have a NY (specifically city area) Marths smashfest before summer's over.

i was gonna take that homo chinatown round bus to MA but said nah, i have mom/age/money/azn/sucking etc johns
AZN jons and mom jons are the same (it's all about the azn parents, believe me, I know).

If I spot you the money for the bus, will you come?

That's exactly my problem... I have to be really careful with the joystick when I push it up and can't use it on the run like upsmash. The hitbox is sick, but I just fail with it.
Just takes practice, believe me, took me a while before I could use it consistently. But it also helps with melee and brawl.

Melee Marth doesnt have an utilt. He has an e-tilt aka everywhere tilt. There isnt a place that tilt didnt hit in melee.

At least to me.

And then there is Brawl utilt. That cant even match the animation's range...

At least its a common move for ME personally.
Pretty much, I play melee a lot, including tournaments, and you'll see me uptilt ALL THE TIME.

Marth's utilt is his most reliable kill move
Nair.

GG

They sort of re-use the animations, except slightly edited. Most of them are derived from his ingame animations.

I'd go with utilt over f-smash personally, and don't forget downslash.

Dolphin slash is a move you basically never have to use unless its guarenteed, and you shouldn't (except on recovery).

But it's a great punish-killer, I bait... well anything, then dolphin slash to kill if the percent is too high. Though sometimes I phail to shield in time, and get ***** by Snake's ftilt (Rykoshet, if you're reading, yes, I'm referencing those matches, and yes, I realize that the odds of you reading this increased from astronomical to possible by me mentioning your name).

Work on nair though, it's an amazing move, and you can sub it for fair a lot since it's got similar frontal coverage.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Could you elaborate and clarify, please?
Usmash is more visually noticable than Utilt making it easier to react too imo. The fact that utilt comes out on 6 and usmash comes out on twice that doesnt help either.

The overall range of utilt (to my eyes) is better than usmash. Utilt has less wind down as well

The situations that I use Utilt for usually grant be better rewards than usmash on an almost normal basis.

I just think that alot of the things usmash and utilt can do, utilt does it better. Comboing, Bait and Punish ADs, Platform poking, juggling, to name some.

Hell, Even Utilt has better DPS than Usmash simply because that's how most utilts work in Brawl.

That's just my personal opinion. It was like this to me in Brawl as well.

I used to joke that the only time a Marth does an Usmash is when he messes up an utilt.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread very suddenly got a lot of activity. that or I got caught in a timewarp. XD

Anyway.

@GHNeko: I got some dash attack KO's and near-KO's in some B+ friendlies the other day. xD But yeah, again that's B+ so eh.

@General: DYK that Marth's sword isn't actually a falchion? This is a falchion. :laugh:

Also, I <3 utilt. It IS hard to do without accidentally jumping or usmashing instead. Especially with how sensitive my control stick is. But it's worth it. I find it kills more consistently than usmash, but usmash might be a little stale. Plus it's a speedy little bugger. <3

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Usmash is more visually noticable than Utilt making it easier to react too imo. The fact that utilt comes out on 6 and usmash comes out on twice that doesnt help either.

The overall range of utilt (to my eyes) is better than usmash. Utilt has less wind down as well

The situations that I use Utilt for usually grant be better rewards than usmash on an almost normal basis.

I just think that alot of the things usmash and utilt can do, utilt does it better. Comboing, Bait and Punish ADs, Platform poking, juggling, to name some.

Hell, Even Utilt has better DPS than Usmash simply because that's how most utilts work in Brawl.

That's just my personal opinion. It was like this to me in Brawl as well.

I used to joke that the only time a Marth does an Usmash is when he messes up an utilt.
Okay, I understand now. Thanks ^_^

C.J.

Smash Master
Am I the only one who loves uthrow kills? They seem more reliable than a lot of other kills, granted it takes longer, but, spacing makes it safe-ish.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Am I the only one who loves uthrow kills? They seem more reliable than a lot of other kills, granted it takes longer, but, spacing makes it safe-ish.
LOL wow ..... if you cant kill till then

oh right i might enter a bawrl tourney this sat since im bored cause school hasnt started

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That's what I was thinking really. <_>

Uthrow kills are like the kind of kills the game gives to you because you're taking too **** long to take off a stock with Marth.

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
Any throw kill for Marth is unecessary. By the time you can throw kill someone they could have been killed earlier by pretty much any move at that point especialy if they DI your throws. Yeah they're fun but you'll most likely take more damage than you need to.

@CK

whats with the gif pic in your sig lol?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I know. I'm just saying, to reliably get opponents to throw kill percents, you have to camp extremely hard (and possibly aggressively ie in their face fair camp/spam/spacefest).

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
@CK

whats with the gif pic in your sig lol? Is one of them you?
nah those are other smashers i hang out with that was otakon 09 and i got them all drunk off a half bottle vodka and got them to do a very awkward thriller dance lol .....

i drank the other half of the bottle and didnt even get that drunk but man that sushi mixed with the bottle made my stomach churn after i went ot the rave then it hit me :p

Top Bottom