• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^Missed the entire point of his post. Also MK was the one with the whornado >>

Woo I get another day to practice before mk's eliminate me from singles pools.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Meta Knight is Zero from Code Geass, duh. He's cool like that, and he has Geass powers. XD

I guess I did miss the point of his post... I guess.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Guys, I'm paying witness. To get better instantly: watch your freakin opponent! I decided to practice that today, and everything felt way more fluid and reactive with my pressure and spacing.

∫unk

Smash Master
Even or slight disadvantage 45:55

ive fought every legitimate dk on the wc and it's like... U can **** him but then u trip, make one spacing mistake, or they get lucky and u get hit with a ******** smash or punch

Roxas M

Smash Master
Guys, I'm paying witness. To get better instantly: watch your freakin opponent! I decided to practice that today, and everything felt way more fluid and reactive with my pressure and spacing.
i love doing that. i just kinda stand their and watch them try to approach me. then i punish them for approaching me. if they get mad at me for standing there i tell them to make me stop. lol. they jump right into the ****.

i learned that from reading one of junk's marth guides.
thank you junk.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I think marth v dk is even.

i find that the gayer you play, the better the result.

you want to camp him at a distance where it isn't safe for him to charge. thats what works for me anyways.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
naah imo, it's like 55:45 DK, maybe i just hate the matchup ALOT and maybe i make alot mistakes lol, but like you can't make a mistake at all, and 40% to DK is like... 0% to them if they have good DI lol.. you gotta be precise and take a good % lead and tipper kills.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Aah, love the D3vsZSS match! Another great ZSS for me to study~

Also, I was reminded again last night of how freaking next-to-impossible spacing is on wifi. D:

And opponent-watching, eh? It's fun to do... when your reaction time and prediction skillz are good enough. XD

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
lets get all the Marth mains to go flame him lol

(raimoundo)

EDIT

WTF NEO?? :(
Bro, you missed out on fun.

Back in the day the Marth boards were Numero Uno in flaming.

I got Flamed quite a lot by 3xS and Fear. But its all good.

We had to tone it down 'cause Virg came and we were scaring away the new members.

EDIT: You should check out my infractions. Most are spam, but there is one for flaming. I only used 5 words. Nothing to brag about; I regret doing that quite a lot.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
darx u werent even here for march-june son

emblem lords rise to power and junk constantly trying to tell him he doesnt have the exp to be writing his guides lol

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
darx u werent even here for march-june son

emblem lords rise to power and junk constantly trying to tell him he doesnt have the exp to be writing his guides lol
Yeah I missed out on that. Must have been fun. I did catch other quality flame though.

Man....I miss ELs essays. Fun stuff.

Last I checked he was still playing SFIX. Wish him well.

LOL I've been lurking since last august btw...

oh nevermind LOL
What sucks is that my flame carried over to the falcon boards and pretty much ruined them.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
woooow neo >.>

lol

that sucks

and kadaj's situation sucks too, but not as bad.

∫unk

Smash Master
if youre alt is raimundo then yes

otherwise nope

giants pitched a no hitter :)

im missing genesis :(

warp and weruop beat dsf and ultimate :(.... weruop should be me!!! (im warps regular teammate)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I remember that I came around after EL was unquestioned Master of the Marth boards, so I guess I didn't see the real drama here. Too bad.

LOL this is sooo true

like i cant study at all. and my gpa is like a 2.9 overall (3.2 last year :p).

but then my SAT score comes out to be topnotch (2000)

so yea, effort & dedication >>>> smarts
3.89 GPA right now.

1500 SAT score

The smart people here will recognize I revealed my age here, not that I'm stupid.

I just looked @ his match-ups, I'm not impressed. I though his 80-20 to Marth is bad, they have him down as 100-0 to ICs and 95-5 to Shiek lmao
Yea... I play Ganon and helped with a lot of the match-up ratios.

It's mad easy for ICs to grab Ganon because of how punishable his moves are, and Sheik has a reliable 0-death on Ganon, plus chain under the platform DESTROYS Ganon when Sheik's ahead. He simply can't get through with anything other then an aerial wizkick.

Don't listen to swf matchup ratios if it isn't a matchup normally played at a high level, including ddd vs zss lol

they're just theorycrafting
Theoycrafting, if done right (big "if") is more reliable then playing the match-up. Problem is, skill often confuses match-up ratios.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
...is it just me, or is there something wrong with the boards, here? O.o Edit: Aaand just as I hit submit, it's back to normal. pff. XD

Also, gah, NEO. D: Can't he catch another one? or something?

And I wanna train my ZSS some more. She's so fun to play and I think she's better than my Marth. So time to hit the ZSS boards, I guess! XD

∫unk

Smash Master
marthshadow - most of the time i just try to approach safe and constantly reset if i didn't get a good approach. throwing too many waddle dees isnt good because they can get inside your safe zone easy if youre just spamming it. force approaches on people you have superior projectiles too or if the opponent doesn't have a projectile at all (ex. dont approach metaknight unless its to destroy his spacing)

in general my favorite spot to be with ddd is at his maximum f-tilt range. from there i can f-tilt, sh b-air or f-air if i predict their jump, or run forward and shield grab.

Viquey - Just watch Warp play lol his ZSS is soooo gay

-----

So I talked to Warp... a few updates:

Hugs ***** Pierce7d LOL... quote: "he was pretty easy"... seriously though only Mike can beat Hugs with Marth and it took him a long *** time to figure out how... no other Marths figured it out yet... might be coincidence but Mike started going beast mode right around the time he started beating Hugs...
*Hugs/Dumb ROB is one of the reasons I started playing DDD*

• Europe and Canada are confirmed to suck balls

• Puerto Rico is pretty legit... took out Washington in crews

• Although Warp and Weruop beat DSF and Razer, it was mostly due to DSF being ******** (ex. dying at 40% to armor pieces)... they went 0-2 in bracket losing to Reflex's team and CO18/Lain

• The 3rd best team in Texas beat Fiction and M2K in pools... they're supposed to be legit

• BoA and Teba got 1st seed out of pools

Top Bottom