• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 Anime Social - うー! にゃー! (/・ω・)/

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh my GOODNESS!!

Literally stayed up as much of last night as I could and then this morning, watching and finishing the whole 25 current episodes of Sword Art Online. Like, oh my goodness how did i not know of this awesome anime before?? ;_;

So apparently its ongoing but episode 25 makes me wonder... is it actually still going? Is there going to be a third story arc? I literally have tried to find out but don't know. :/

Anyway, isn't it incredible to think that in 20 or 30 years' time, something like SAO (or actually SAO if a fan was a games designer! :p) could actually exist and be on the shelves? I mean it'd take programming a realistic world in first, then using neuro-transmittors - or whatever it is or would be lol - to feed smells, tastes and all of that kind of stuff in and then just refining that... but like... wow... oh my gosh I love this anime so much. :p :D

asianaussie

Smash Hero
it's a light novel series, there are at least two more arcs for you to enjoy

and tbh most people regard it to be rather mediocre compared to the light novels

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh yea well i've never known about manga and anime but we all know how books are often regarded as better than the movie.

It's why if you haven't heard of it and there's a movie, you can see the movie first and think the book is even better or if you don't want your imagination affected by the movie you can read the book.

I knew about the manga when I read up about it a little bit. So they're making 2 more anime arcs hey? Cooooool. =D

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I didn't especially like it... most of my friends seemed to love it however. It was an interesting setting.
Might read it one day whenever chem stops being confusing.

Actually I've been meaning to check out the Toradora novels first so maybe after that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I play a particular MMO with a small group of people: The setting did kinda resonate for me and some of those themes expressed were ones I could very easily relate to, as well as ones I felt I could relate to if i was in that situation.

The visuals and settings blew my mind a bit. I loved that as much as a lot of other stuff hehe. :p

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
setting and art: lots of potential
story and character development: garbage
IMO the story/character development for the first arc wasn't so bad. The second arc could've been improved a bit but tbh I wasn't so phased like everyone else is.

I'm probably too forgiving hah. :p

My only big complaint was I wish they'd gone into a few characters more. Do they do it in the third and fourth arcs?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh right sorry... i'm tired and stupid. :/

My point is I knew about it being a light novel but i'm guessing they're taking that to the anime?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Watched Accel world and Mirai Nikki.

I actually still need to see the last 2 episodes of Accel world (my bro left me behind again lol >:-3) but I kinda like both Accel World and Mirai Nikki. I dunno it started off a bit strange but yea I suppose it worked.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sorry to double post but in the interests of starting the thread back up and reporting on more anime:

Been watching C: The money of soul and possibility, Angel Beats and now Clannad.

C: The money was nice but I wanted the battle system to be developed more.

Angel beats reminds me of Haibune Renmei.

Clannad is interesting but my brother is leaving me behind in it because we've been watching anime non-stop recently and I wanna process stuff before I keep going. :p

asianaussie

Smash Hero
probs wasnt mine, it's silly to even consider me losing a dango anywhere

umbrellas? happens every day. water bottles? more common than the sun rising. game consoles? no problem man

dangos? i will safeguard them with my life man

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
There's so much crap in every episode of Railgun.
If they cut out every instance of Uiharu eating onigiri and going "OISHII DESU NE~~" or something similar I would've really enjoyed this.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
There's so much crap in every episode of Railgun.
If they cut out every instance of Uiharu eating onigiri and going "OISHII DESU NE~~" or something similar I would've really enjoyed this.
Oh you mean To Aru Kagaku no Railgun yea?

My brother watched it before he watched To Aru Majutsu no Index (which is weird seeing as Railgun is the spin-off) and I only ended up watching Index. I liked Index, though then again it was one of the earlier animes I watched.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
railgun would be so much better if kuroko was replaced by a large anthropomorphic fish

or a stump of wood

or a dango

or touma

especially touma

where the hell is my touma

Remastered

Smash Lord
So I look at this thread for the first time ever, and Clannad is mentioned in recent posts.

I've played the VN 4 times through. (My favourite path 6 times).
Watched the anime about 3 times. (Have 7 Clannad AMV's in my video folder)
Own Dango's and figurines.
Tears shed, countless.
Is it the best? I actually don't think there is anything within its league.

Have to agree, Toki does have one of the best tastes in anime, but then again I have recommended stuff to him recently that has blown his mind :D

Edit: SummonerAU - I literally just finished Nekomono. Tis good.

Top Bottom