• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Hey, Bmasterr, I might be on tonight if you want to get our set in then. My FC is 0989-1423-3825. I might be on around 8:45 PM eastern.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hey, Bmasterr, I might be on tonight if you want to get our set in then. My FC is 0989-1423-3825. I might be on around 8:45 PM eastern.
☆Round Two☆ has not started yet. It will be on Monday. Any matches before then will not count

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Wow, GG your brother is very skilled, but man that was some bad lag, I was double moving everything. I couldn't even bring up the sheild most of the time and me killin myself from double move...., I'm very shocked Duo won in those conditions. Either your bro has played brawl online since it came out or there was very little lag on your end.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I'm facing Beat, huh? I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, but if the lag is too much, I'll forfeit the match to him. Now to study videos of him >.>;

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
☆Round Two☆ has not started yet. It will be on Monday. Any matches before then will not count
Why? The only good reason I can think of for not starting yet is because round two is not set yet. I don't see purpose in these type of constraints.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I hate it when I see hues of Yellow to Red on my Friend Roster; it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing to me. :ohwell:

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Sheesh, it makes little difference. It just gives people a little more time to prepare.
Little difference? I don't know how you can say that when some work a good portion of the time while others simply don't feel like playing every day.

It does give people more time to prepare, but why should we just decide we're going to be slaves to an original decision when we can get our set in now? There's no realistic punishment for saying " Hey--you know, there's no reason to set a minimum start date time. I'm the director; I make the rules; therefore, I can change them if I happen to forget one factor that might come into play.", unless your pride is more important than assurance of completion.

You're not physically incapable of changing rules, you know.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Little difference? I don't know how you can say that when some work a good portion of the time while others simply don't feel like playing every day.

It does give people more time to prepare, but why should we just decide we're going to be slaves to an original decision when we can get our set in now? There's no realistic punishment for saying " Hey--you know, there's no reason to set a minimum start date time. I'm the director; I make the rules; therefore, I can change them if I happen to forget one factor that might come into play.", unless your pride is more important than assurance of completion.

You're not physically incapable of changing rules, you know.
I'm not taking sides, but what I think is that as long as you're participating in the director's tournament, you should follow his/her rules; I understand what you're saying. It's totally true; however, it would be in good spirits to just follow tournament procedure, lest you feel the need to be DQ'd because of this event.

lol, fair enough, i hate spelling anyway - im the science type
I'm the Math type, lol.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
I'm not taking sides, but what I think is that as long as you're participating in the director's tournament, you should follow his/her rules; I understand what you're saying. It's totally true; however, it would be in good spirits to just follow tournament procedure, lest you feel the need to be DQ'd because of this event.
Oh, absolutely. I'm in this to win this and hopefully be that much more recognizable in the popular smash community, so that would be my best option in this circumstance. However, I feel no regret about expressing conflicting views against the head honcho, especially since it's simple enough to be applied to the next tourney.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Oh, absolutely. I'm in this to win this and hopefully be that much more recognizable in the popular smash community, so that would be my best option in this circumstance. However, I feel no regret about expressing conflicting views against the head honcho, especially since it's simple enough to be applied to the next tourney.
Well, then, I hope for your success. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom