• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Why? The only good reason I can think of for not starting yet is because round two is not set yet. I don't see purpose in these type of constraints.
What is the rush? Have you an endless errand? Things are meant to be started at certain times. If you thoroughly read the entry requirements, you will understand why. It is only a day away. We ask that you be patient. You are participating in other online tourneys than this one. Your amusement is cut out for you

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Hey Heartz, after I play this "Smash Sister', wanna do a team battle or something if and when there are more people around, or are you occupied atm?

CHerring

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone was wanting to see if someone was up to play a few....and also when does this second round kick off?

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
What is the rush? Have you an endless errand? Things are meant to be started at certain times. If you thoroughly read the entry requirements, you will understand why. It is only a day away. We ask that you be patient. You are participating in other online tourneys than this one. Your amusement is cut out for you
What the heck? Things are meant to start at certain times? Only if you decide that's how you will do it--yes. If Bmasterr was on an hour ago, why in the lake of fire is " because I want to stick by my original decision, one that has no basis other than my feelings." a reason we should not play? That's so authoritarian of you. I understand everything; it's just not sensible. I can be patient very easily, my only problem is that you would actually have the gumption to actually regulate everything to the point where we couldn't have matches of any tournament results- bearing if it wasn't on the "proper" days--as if there is any difference between the "proper" days and today...

If I was running this, I wouldn't allow such pointless garbage get in the way of actually getting things done, especially since there is no good reason why we shouldn't. But, of course, who am I to judge?

You really come across as pretty authoritarian, Heartz. I think you let personal whim influence your decisions WAY too much.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Tell your friend I said GG's, Gigas. I gotta leave for something important; I can't ever stay content here, huh...? :ohwell:

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Sounds great, Jon. And CHerring, it begins Monday tomorrow.
I'll be right back in a minute... (not really, but I'll be right back soon; like, in 5-10 minutes)
Btw, Sudsy, it's a 'Friendly Tournament', so let's try and keep it non-violent as we can, all right? You do have some good points, but, alas, there are also other things that must be taken into account, for which I'm sure Heartz is compiling to say to you as I type this.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
What the heck? Things are meant to start at certain times? Only if you decide that's how you will do it--yes. If Bmasterr was on an hour ago, why in the lake of fire is " because I want to stick by my original decision, one that has no basis other than my feelings." a reason we should not play? That's so authoritarian of you. I understand everything; it's just not sensible. I can be patient very easily, my only problem is that you would actually have the gumption to actually regulate everything to the point where we couldn't have matches of any tournament results- bearing if it wasn't on the "proper" days--as if there is any difference between the "proper" days and today...

If I was running this, I wouldn't allow such pointless garbage get in the way of actually getting things done, especially since there is no good reason why we shouldn't. But, of course, who am I to judge?

You really come across as pretty authoritarian, Heartz. I think you let personal whim influence your decisions WAY too much.
Take sports, do they change the schedule because its more convenient?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sudsy I don't see why you are getting hostile, if your wanting to gripe just drop out. But anyway, if you continue I don't see why Heartz doesn't DQ you. I already would've but that is the way each of us rules.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
"Good games. You've probably got the best Olimar I've seen. Certainly the best Pit." -LMeta
...I need to train with Pit more; he was utterly a disappointment in my book. I need to train with Olimar, as well. My brother's Olimar is even better than mine; it's a nightmare fighting his, but I still manage to win against him sometimes. All in all, Pit is in need of some recon training; hopefully, I'll be better with him soon.

I'm back, btw, Heartz. What'd I miss? Anything at all?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I don't think there's anything else that people haven't said already, Sudz. You're making yourself look like a real jerk.

Anyway, the time has come for me to pick my official third. Anyone want to play?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think there's anything else that people haven't said already, Sudz. You're making yourself look like a real jerk.

Anyway, the time has come for me to pick my official third. Anyone want to play?
Who are/is your main and second?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I already put my two cents in. I have nothing else to say. Sudsy, if you can't wait one day for an unimportant online match, then that strikes you as an impatient individual. This tourney is not a big deal. Ok I guess I didn't put ALL of my two cents in. But please. We keep it friendly. We didn't demand you to join the tourney. You came completely out of nowhere for it. This wasn't originally a tourney thread. It was my WELCOME thread. We wanted to make a tourney amongst friends, and the mods moved it here because of their "fear" of off-topics. So consider yourself extremely welcomed. We could have easily said NO OUTSIDERS. Authoritarian? That word isn't even legit when it comes to video games.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
...I need to train with Pit more; he was utterly a disappointment in my book. I need to train with Olimar, as well. My brother's Olimar is even better than mine; it's a nightmare fighting his, but I still manage to win against him sometimes. All in all, Pit is in need of some recon training; hopefully, I'll be better with him soon.

I'm back, btw, Heartz. What'd I miss? Anything at all?
Nothing really. I mean, I am pretty sure you see the minor "conflict" going on here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom