• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
nothing, was just teaching our friend CHerring a few lessons, he has improved quite nicely, though much work is still needed, hows everything with you guys (I'm a lord awsome)

GG Chase, you impress me more and more each time

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Congrats on your 1,000 post, Devil.
Sorry about edge-hogging, Heartz; I made you lose a few Stocks that way. I guess I'm not a really good partner, huh? Again, sorry for the taunts. I wanted to change them before we got online, but it was too late.

CHerring

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the compliments, though undeserved. Btw I want to make metaknight a real person so I can 300 kick him in the chest.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Btw, Sudsy, it's a 'Friendly Tournament', so let's try and keep it non-violent as we can, all right? You do have some good points, but, alas, there are also other things that must be taken into account, for which I'm sure Heartz is compiling to say to you as I type this.
Nope. Unfortunately not. What's to be taken into account? Her feelings about what should happen? Besides, what's violent about this?

Take sports, do they change the schedule because its more convenient?
Sometimes, when there are rainouts. Yes. What's your point anyways.

I was saying that there is no reason to limit tournament play to a certain time frame when THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A NON-TOURNAMENT DAY AND A TOURNAMENT EXCEPT THAT WE, FOR WHATEVER IRRELEVANT REASON, HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE OUR PERCEPTION OF THE DAY.

You come across as someone who should just shaddap.
Thanks for the... insight.

Sudsy I don't see why you are getting hostile, if your wanting to gripe just drop out. But anyway, if you continue I don't see why Heartz doesn't DQ you. I already would've but that is the way each of us rules.
I'm not being hostile. It does upset me that someone actually thinks as Heartz does, but I'm not being "hostile". I'm guessing your social awareness detectors don't work well online. Why would I be DQ'd for something unrelated to actual tournament play? The best answer I can think of is it is the only way you want to resolve this, instead of showing any signs of a lick of sense and seeing how unreasonable Heartz has been. ( she's not too bad, but unreasonable none-the-less)
If so, it would be an immature way of handling things, to my view.

I don't think there's anything else that people haven't said already, Sudz. You're making yourself look like a real jerk.
I'm sorry you think that way. No one's being a jerk here. My tone is not malicious or angry--I'm sorry, it's not. Get your ego out of the way and just accept the fact that there is no evidence towards maliciousness/ anger, and much less me being a jerk.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
the only Ego here is yours Suds, you continually criticize our procedure jsut because it doesn't work for you, unfortunately, no here asked for your opinion, nor does anyone care

if you wish to file any complaints, file them to me, the tournament director, instead of making a bunch of posts of how Heartz is unjust

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Nope. Unfortunately not. What's to be taken into account? Her feelings about what should happen? Besides, what's violent about this?

I was saying that there is no reason to limit tournament play to a certain time frame when THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A NON-TOURNAMENT DAY AND A TOURNAMENT EXCEPT THAT WE, FOR WHATEVER IRRELEVANT REASON, HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE OUR PERCEPTION OF THE DAY.

I'm not being hostile. It does upset me that someone actually thinks as Heartz does, but I'm not being "hostile". I'm guessing your social awareness detectors don't work well online. Why would I be DQ'd for something unrelated to actual tournament play? The best answer I can think of is it is the only way you want to resolve this, instead of showing any signs of a lick of sense and seeing how unreasonable Heartz has been. ( she's not too bad, but unreasonable none-the-less)

I'm sorry you think that way. No one's being a jerk here. My tone is not malicious or angry--I'm sorry, it's not. Get your ego out of the way and just accept the fact that there is no evidence towards maliciousness/ anger, and much less me being a jerk.
I won't DQ you, of course. It would be personal if I did. But YOU need to take it up to the director, Devil. I don't make the planning, so please do not spit my name out your mouth, ok?

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school

your esssay(s) lacks a solid thesis(es) and im not seeing the developed body paragraphs

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Anyway, thanks Heartz, for being on my team; let's do it again soon, if you wanted to. :)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
well to be fair, KC your the one who did pick the times....
Touche. XD. Well, anyway, it is past midnight now here so ☆Round Two☆ officially starts. Sudsy PM bmaster for the match. Oh wait, it is beddy bye time for him. Better luck in 12 hours. ♪♪♪

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
I already put my two cents in. I have nothing else to say. Sudsy, if you can't wait one day for an unimportant online match, then that strikes you as an impatient individual.
Excuse me; I don't recall me at any point saying I can't or will not wait. If you want to make up crap about me, I can't stop you. If you're going to say " well, it certainly came across as if you couldn't", then blame your inference and not me.

This tourney is not a big deal. Ok I guess I didn't put ALL of my two cents in. But please. We keep it friendly. We didn't demand you to join the tourney. You came completely out of nowhere for it. This wasn't originally a tourney thread. It was my WELCOME thread. We wanted to make a tourney amongst friends, and the mods moved it here because of their "fear" of off-topics. So consider yourself extremely welcomed. We could have easily said NO OUTSIDERS.
All right. But you still don't seem to give a crap that you clearly have no reason to limit the time period as you have. I will repeat myself because you clearly aren't getting it so far. What.reason.is.there.to.prevent.sets.from.being.played.today?Nothing.So.why.would.you.not.allow.it.
if.we.were.both.able.to.play.today? I hope that's coherent enough.

Authoritarian? That word isn't even legit when it comes to video games.
I am extremely tempted to call you either immature or stupid, but I am convinced you're a HIGHLY sensitive person ( only sensitive people would take a forum based on competition and the discussion of it and make it as bubbly and sprinkly as this thread is.)

The reason for this being, I used authoritarian in reference to your methodology and decisions, not in reference to anything REMOTELY close to video games.

Come on, you're a female: you're supposed to have supreme reading comprehension abilities, but weren't even close here.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
its just mine was far more epic XD

its ok Heartz, lets race to 1337, best MAN (worst saying in this situation ever) win
Wrong. What was more epic was the evil page number early today. On YOUR part, that is...

btw, Smash "Lord"? So stereotypical. There should have been gender options. Smash Goddess, Smash Mistress, Smash Lady, Smash Damsel, Smash Queen, Smash Lass, Smash Woman, Smash Girl/Gal, Smash Princess, Smash etc..`

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
the only Ego here is yours Suds, you continually criticize our procedure jsut because it doesn't work for you, unfortunately, no here asked for your opinion, nor does anyone care
I'm also tempted to go all ad hominem here,too, but I happen to be in bubbly, avoid-conflict because we're not capable of handling it effectively-land, so I'll cut my losses. I criticize the procedure because it is completely unwarranted, hence the constant reference to how unnecessary the time restrictions are. What? Are you, too, not reading a word I'm saying?

if you wish to file any complaints, file them to me, the tournament director, instead of making a bunch of posts of how Heartz is unjust
If there are any issues in the future, i'll try to remember to do so.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Hmm, your right I guess Sudsy, maybe I'm not getting your message, and maybe I got to defensive over it, I'm sorry, tell you what from now on if you can get your opponent to agree to an early match, then go ahead and do it, hows that sound :)

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
I'm also tempted to go all ad hominem here,too, but I happen to be in bubbly, avoid-conflict because we're not capable of handling it effectively-land, so I'll cut my losses. I criticize the procedure because it is completely unwarranted, hence the constant reference to how unnecessary the time restrictions are. What? Are you, too, not reading a word I'm saying?

If there are any issues in the future, i'll try to remember to do so.
for everyones benefit and for your own, please just shut up. Its not really what ur saying but how ur going about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom