• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
OMG, Sudsy. What is the big deal? I heard you the first time, and I somewhat stated that I don't care. IT IS A DAY AWAY. I do not require a philosophical reason why it should start today and not tomorrow. Only foolish children whine about such mere matters.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
They should be up after the main branch of matches are done (I'm guessing all the Rounds up to the Finals), unless Heartz puts it up sooner.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
no pro, he has a point, to be perfectly fair we did agree that when all matches were done, we would start the next round, didn't we KC
That WAS so. But remember, I had made an exception for you and Havok's fight to go today. And on top of that, I said that if all matches were done EARLY, it will go on to the next round THE NEXT DAY. The last match WAS TODAY.

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Sudsy shut the hell up, stop *****ing to KC about it, rules are ****ing rules, do they change rules in sports because one person doesn't like it, NO, you make one more remark like that, your DQ'd
I'm whining? (lol!) More like you're losing control of your temper. Or am I mistaken with the use of cursing and threats? But, no worries: you won't even get a suggestion from Heartz to act more maturely. Tough law here. Bigotry.

Tell me, composure-man, how am I NOT following the rules? Are you not aware that it is possible to question rules WHILE following them? If not, why are you saying "rules are (expletive) rules?" What does it mean in this case, Devil?

Also, what kind of remark are we talking about? And, no, before you say it, I DON'T effing know what you mean. I made several harmless statements that people have decided to take personally. Hey, if you want me to not speak anything here for a while, I will if it's the only way to keep me in the tournament.

Yes you do have intelligent statements in there, but in the end it all leads to someone whining
Blah, blah, blah. Who has whined here? Do you know what whining is?

Web definition for "whine" # snivel: talk in a tearful manner
# complain whiningly
# whimper: a complaint uttered in a plaintive whining way .

But, of course, I've been communicating in this way, right? (lol!)

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423

Entry requirements: You must decently acquaint yourselves with the gang and make friends. We do not wish to do battle with random people. This a special tourney. All contestants are encouraged to train amongst each other, to better themselves for their next match.

The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament Listings:

Director: DevilWillCry
Sponsor: Heartz

1.DevilWillCry
2.Heartz
3._Zero_
4.Super Sonic8677
5.DarkLeviathan89
6.Beat/TehChocobo
7.Kawaii Bunny
8.CHerring
9.ChaoticChaos
10.Yukiwarashi
11.XFadingNirvanaX
12.SeventhSword
13.Chaco
14.Havok
15.PentaSalia
16.Sans Glutin
17.Ice Climbers P & N
18.Burrbomb
19.Unknown17
20.Arturito Burrito
21.Toast2152
22.Pure-???
23.AnAardvark
24.Agent Snop
25.sTIMulant
26.Sudsy86_
27.bmasterr15
28.gorgon.
29.Jon/Luso
30.Naos
31.quik2288
32.Piston

Items - Items are allowed, but both contestants must agree on it.

Final Smash only - Both contestants must agree.

Time - 8 minutes

Stock - 4 stock should be enough.

Stages - Counterpick or neutral. If neutral, contestant must agree on Final Destination, Smashville, or Battlefield. If counterpick, the loser, of course, must choose the stage. Use whatever method you can to contact your opponent about your choice.

Date - Round One has ended. Round Two begins Monday 6-9-08. The FNT will last a weekly time span, so that everyone can get their matches in.

Winning requirements - In order to proceed to the next round, a contestant must win a Best 2/3 match. Semi and Final will be Best 3/5. Disconnections will not count. Please do be honorable and truthfully report any losses or wins. Match recording is allowed. You are welcome to post the video here if your opponent agrees on it. If you lose a match, please spare us any negativity. This is a "friendly" tournament. No prizes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the pairings so far by alphabetical order:

AnAardvark/Abaca
Burrbomb

ChaoticChaos
DarkLeviathan89

DevilWillCry
Heartz

PentaSalia
Sans Glutin

SeventhSword
Beat

Unknown17
_Zero_

Jon/Luso
Piston

bmasterr15
Sudsy86_

Loser bracket soon to come...
no pro, he has a point, to be perfectly fair we did agree that when all matches were done, we would start the next round, didn't we KC
Devil, look at the 'Date' Section; it clearly states here when the next Round will commence. I wouldn't argue over the rules, partly because I'm the one participating, so that much makes sense.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
o right, well w/e the 2nd rounds up, so theres no more problems right, so lets get this topic back on its usual course

yes but Jon, look at where it says Smash Director, whos name is there.....read it over....

I see you never saw my 2nd post Suds, thats cool, I deleted the one who quoted and attacked on

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Hmm, your right I guess Sudsy, maybe I'm not getting your message, and maybe I got to defensive over it, I'm sorry, tell you what from now on if you can get your opponent to agree to an early match, then go ahead and do it, hows that sound :)
Before I follow suit and get all bubbly, I can't decipher whether or not you're being earnest or sarcastic. That smiley face makes it ambiguous.

( I feel icky about my constant posting, but i'm feeling too lazy to cram multiple quotes into one post.)

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
(last post for now on this issue, I think.)

OMG, Sudsy. What is the big deal? I heard you the first time, and I somewhat stated that I don't care. IT IS A DAY AWAY. I do not require a philosophical reason why it should start today and not tomorrow. Only foolish children whine about such mere matters.
You heard me the first time? REALLY? Whatever. Your response encompassed barely anything I said and it contained a bit of false assumptions of my motives; therefore, I had to try harder to clarify at least what you're not seeming to get.

I understand that at the time it was a day away, but that's NOT what I was pointing out. What is there to not understand! I ONLY referred to YOUR DECISIONS--not that I want you to start whenever--Heartz.

The implied reasoning behind the decision is what bothered me, Heartz.

You're right about the foolish children--and out of curiosity, do you know any who do?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
o right, well w/e the 2nd rounds up, so theres no more problems right, so lets get this topic back on its usual course

yes but Jon, look at where it says Smash Director, whos name is there.....read it over....

I see you never saw my 2nd post Suds, thats cool, I deleted the one who quoted and attacked on
It should have been on topic anyway. You are making a big fuss over a mere friendly tournament. So you are actually breaking the rules, Sudsy. You are not exactly being "friendly" right now. You insulted my intelligence while bringing up my gender, which is totally a sign of sexism on your part. You don't believe I can plan a game tourney because I am a lady? Plan your own God **** tourney and show me how it is done, sensei...

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
haha, nah I'm always sincere on the internet, I found sarcasm does not work very well over it XD
Unfortunately most aren't socially aware enough to remember that in the specific circumstances; therefore had more evidence backing up sarcasm and couldn't make much of a guess.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
true, very true, thus why I lay off it, so people don't always gotta think, sure I mess with people all the time, and in real life 90% of what i say is sarcastic, but here it just doesn't work

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Unfortunately most aren't socially aware enough to remember that in the specific circumstances; therefore had more evidence backing up sarcasm and couldn't make much of a guess.
Are you done with the complaints? If so, then have fun in the tourney. And good luck. You are so going to need it...

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
O ya, though I had to carry her through the entire thing XD

(actually, she made the rules, the brackets, the name, the banner, I made...the STAGE LIST XD)

Suds you do seem to be borderline sexist right now btw

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
ya but this is why our partnership works well, she does most of the work, I take most of the credit, we're a perfect team XD

wow, I havent facepalmed anything yet, I'm surprised i havent yet

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Wow, what a team. :)
You should do one the next time someone brings up the argument (besides this post, lol).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
O ya, though I had to carry her through the entire thing XD

(actually, she made the rules, the brackets, the name, the banner, I made...the STAGE LIST XD)

Suds you do seem to be borderline sexist right now btw
Stage listing is hard work, Adam. Give yourself a ripe pat on the back. lmao

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
It should have been on topic anyway. You are making a big fuss over a mere friendly tournament. So you are actually breaking the rules, Sudsy. You are not exactly being "friendly" right now. You insulted my intelligence while bringing up my gender, which is totally a sign of sexism on your part. You don't believe I can plan a game tourney because I am a lady? Plan your own God **** tourney and show me how it is done, sensei...
I'm not being unfriendly. If I'm supposed to step up my positive emotions to the extreme, then I suppose you're right.

I didn't insult your intelligence ( I said I wanted to), and brought up your gender because ESTROGEN CAUSES PROTEIN AND BLOOD TO TRAVEL TO THE ABSTRACT(RIGHT) PARTS OF THE BRAIN. You're a female, and most females have good reading comprehension. Why did you take it the other way? You're such a cynic. Wow.

Where in the divine being's name do you connect "your unwarranted decisions" and " you should judge be able to figure out what I'm saying because you're a female" to "You're incapable of running a tournament because you're a female" ?

Umm, is it safe to say there's no logical connection between your inference ( judgement of the true meaning of the words used)?

But, on this highly comical note, I am running a tourney ( not by myself but am the most active director)--the "School's out tourney", actually. When I post the rules I will also here, if you want to learn the ropes ;) (lol)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
ya but this is why our partnership works well, she does most of the work, I take most of the credit, we're a perfect team XD

wow, I havent facepalmed anything yet, I'm surprised i havent yet
Please facepalm this unnecessary argument on MY behalf. (Get the hint?)

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Are you done with the complaints? If so, then have fun in the tourney. And good luck. You are so going to need it...
Coincidentally, yes. I'm too adherent to strategies right now. I'm barely beating above-average-good players, and am losing to the best opponents on my friend list.

But, yes, i suppose I am done with pointing out errors. Just don't try to infer what I mean and we'll be good.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
anything for you (sorry Suds but I love my facepalms)

would you like the personal palm, kirby palm, or the 100 palm?

that reminds me, i never made you your own personal palm Jon, want one, curtosy of Adams Facepalmatorium, if you don't like our work, **** you XD

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Lol at the 2nd to last word, Devil.
...umm, how about one with Pit, Olimar, or Marth, if it's not too much or possbile.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'm not being unfriendly. If I'm supposed to step up my positive emotions to the extreme, then I suppose you're right.

I didn't insult your intelligence ( I said I wanted to), and brought up your gender because ESTROGEN CAUSES PROTEIN AND BLOOD TO TRAVEL TO THE ABSTRACT(RIGHT) PARTS OF THE BRAIN. You're a female, and most females have good reading comprehension. Why did you take it the other way? You're such a cynic. Wow.

Where in the divine being's name do you connect "your unwarranted decisions" and " you should judge be able to figure out what I'm saying because you're a female" to "You're incapable of running a tournament because you're a female" ?

Umm, is it safe to say there's no logical connection between your inference ( judgement of the true meaning of the words used)?

But, on this highly comical note, I am running a tourney ( not by myself but am the most active director)--the "School's out tourney", actually. When I post the rules I will also here, if you want to learn the ropes ;) (lol)
Your essays are pointless here. Please do not waste our time. We never claimed to be professional tourney directors. I respect your "positive" emotions. But rules are rules. If you have a problem, then just drop out. That is final. And if you keep up with this idle banter, you will be disqualified for not following the rules. Your complaint has been written down and we will see that it takes effect next tourney. Though right now it is not looking too good. lol. And don't be stereotypical. Not all females are the same. I play video games real good for God's sake. lmao

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Soooo, round 2's tomorrow...break a leg, y'all ^_^...

Way beyond off-topic: I'm working on a fighting game...I want original characters, and I'm open to ideas...any takers?
Sounds pretty cool. Are you using an engine or something? And is it a "realistic" fighting game or something with more outlandish characters/fighting styles?

Sorry, though, I can't contribute since I don't play any "real" fighting games. Unless you count when I played Tekken several years ago...

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
wow a challenege, I like that Luso, let me check if they can all facepalm. and to all the arguements over the last few pages.

YOU'VE BEEN TRIPLE PALM'D

that felt good

is the fighter gonna have original characters, or use already established characters, as well what policy will there be towards weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom