• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Soooo, round 2's tomorrow...break a leg, y'all ^_^...

Way beyond off-topic: I'm working on a fighting game...I want original characters, and I'm open to ideas...any takers?
Working on a game as well? Ideas? I always thought of myself as a video game babe. I love playing cards and my name is Heartz. My title would be "The Queen of Heartz." My fighting style would be similar to that of Gambit's in Marvel vs. Capcom. Well that is my image, anyway. lol

Sudsy86_

Smash Ace
Your essays are pointless here. Please do not waste our time. We never claimed to be professional tourney directors. I respect your "positive" emotions. But rules are rules. If you have a problem, then just drop out. That is final. And if you keep up with this idle banter, you will be disqualified for not following the rules. Your complaint has been written down and we will see that it takes effect next tourney. Though right now it is not looking too good. lol. And don't be stereotypical. Not all females are the same. I play video games real good for God's sake. lmao
Why are they pointless? They are fully insightful. If it's because you're not going to change the rules, then--whatever, that's your choice.

Some stereotypes are dead on--but that's not a stereotype anyways. I actually study genetics and their relation to cognition. I know for a friggen fact that almost all females ( it's over 99 percent for sure) think abstractly and have a pretty good ability to figure out what people mean, whether through text or behavior. ( though unfortunately they tend to stop there)

Anyways, your ability to play video games might be due to the likelyhood that you probably, maybe subconsciously, are good at analyzing abstract things--such as game mechanics and how to properly to play within them.

I don't stereotype; I'm FAR too stuck up to do that.

Cinder

Smash Master
Sounds pretty cool. Are you using an engine or something? And is it a "realistic" fighting game or something with more outlandish characters/fighting styles?

Sorry, though, I can't contribute since I don't play any "real" fighting games. Unless you count when I played Tekken several years ago...
I dunno if it's really "realistic"...I'm using ShugenDo, so I think it'll turn out to be like Guilty Gear, Tekken...that kinda stuff...all I know is that my OC's have some of the weirdest weapons ever (it's not everyday you see a girl swinging a cello as her weapon XD)...and that I'm using some of the characters from the story I'm working on on another site...

But I digress...

I can't wait to hear how round 2 turns out ^_^

@Heartz: I'll see what I can do ^_^
@Yuki: I'll need help with a lot of the stuff, but I think the program does a lot for me (if not, I'll need a spriter)

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
You would be like that guy in Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Heartz; he uses Cards to attack and he's supposedly the main character of the game.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
ah so weapons are allowed, have you ever played TOS and seen Genis fight with his weapon, you should have someone fight with that thing, and be adept at magic. And you gotta have a character based off me, a fighter wouldn't be complete without my prescence XD

whats Agito, i know fo the normal version and Versus

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
ah so weapons are allowed, have you ever played TOS and seen Genis fight with his weapon, you should have someone fight with that thing, and be adept at magic. And you gotta have a character based off me, a fighter wouldn't be complete without my prescence XD

Kendamas = Weapons of EPIC FAILURE

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You would be like that guy in Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Heartz; he uses Cards to attack and he's supposedly the main character of the game.
Oh cool. I forgotten about Agito. My main focus is Fabula Nova Crystallis and Versus anyway. :laugh:

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Final Fantasy Agito XIII is for the mobile phone.
You mean Genis' Kendama? He's like the master of that; I Lol'd when the others tried to use his Kendama and they missed.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
o, if used like he actually does, but in a fighter it could trasnlate well, it would allow for long range attacks as well as interesting ways to combo an opponent, the downside is it would be weak

lol that was a great skit, no wonder i didn't hear about Agito, its not a real game, real games don't come out on mobile phones

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Why are they pointless? They are fully insightful. If it's because you're not going to change the rules, then--whatever, that's your choice.

Some stereotypes are dead on--but that's not a stereotype anyways. I actually study genetics and their relation to cognition. I know for a friggen fact that almost all females ( it's over 99 percent for sure) think abstractly and have a pretty good ability to figure out what people mean, whether through text or behavior. ( though unfortunately they tend to stop there)

Anyways, your ability to play video games might be due to the likelyhood that you probably, maybe subconsciously, are good at analyzing abstract things--such as game mechanics and how to properly to play within them.

I don't stereotype; I'm FAR too stuck up to do that.
TOPIC LOCKED. lmao

Cinder

Smash Master

No, I haven't...I've been living under a rock T_T...

But as for the magician, I think a couple of the characters I'm bringing in from my story might fit the bill...I never really call 'em magicians, but they do behave somewhat like magicians...

And as for adding you, I need more info :3...movelist ideas, fighting style...

And for the record, I dunno for sure if my computer can use ShugenDo (I know...I shoulda waited until I found out to get y'all's hopes up, but I got anxious >.>)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Final Fantasy Agito XIII is for the mobile phone.
You mean Genis' Kendama? He's like the master of that; I Lol'd when the others tried to use his Kendama and they missed.
Haha. Especially when Lloyd flung it out of his hand and it landed on Raine's head. She was pissed. lol

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Just how many moves do we have access to anyway?

Lol, I love the one where they try to figure out what the thing on Gnomes head is, that one was great

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Haha. Especially when Lloyd flung it out of his hand and it landed on Raine's head. She was pissed. lol
Yeah, I remember that part. And, I think either Reid or Arche or someone in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology try out his Kendama, too; they got the same results, if I remember.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Heh, I can just imagine my own char in a fighting game.

And hooray for TOS! My little brother actually bought a kendama after we played that game.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah, I remember that part. And, I think either Reid or Arche or someone in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology try out his Kendama, too; they got the same results, if I remember.
I really want that game. Arche more likely did it since she is more goofy. lol

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I really want that game. Arche more likely did it since she is more goofy. lol
I have it; I love doing re-runs of the game. It reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, in which different characters from different Tales games come and interact with each other. I hear they're making another soon. I hope it's true. :)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Ball in a Kendama

Hey kids of Syvalrant, it's dwarf painted Ball in a Kendama.
Who needs constant realistic combat stimulation when there's Ball in a Kendama
Luin's favorite toy for 340 years. Toss the ball, catch it in the Kendama, dump it out of the Kendama, toss is and catch it in the Kendama again
The Ball is on a string and attached to the Kendama, so there's no worry if you don't catch the ball in the Kendama, and clean-up is as easy as catching a Ball in a Kendama.
So why spend another day not catching a Ball in a Kendama when you could be catching a Ball in a Kendama!

BALL IN A KENDAMA, BALL IN A KENDAMA, IT'S A BALL IN A KENDAMA

I have it to, pretty good, Abyss and Symphonia is better, and Legendia I thought was awful

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I have it; I love doing re-runs of the game. It reminds me of Kingdom Hearts, in which different characters from different Tales games come and interact with each other. I hear they're making another soon. I hope it's true. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MA9feFIM8A&feature=related

Have you seen these videos? They have a couple of these things on Youtube but this is the first one I found that was subbed.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I haven't got any updates on that game. I didn't even know it came out for America. :laugh:
Mainly because my lack of a PSP. So many games. I am so behind. Crisis Core, FF1and2, FF Tactics A2, and Final Fantasy: Dissidia (not out yet)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Jade's facepalms are indeed epic. Especially when Luke screws up. Legendia was horrible. The fighting was boring and repetitive. Good story IMO. But gameplay was lacking alot.

And I hope bmaster is ok. Some of you guys are harsh. He is 13 for crying out loud. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom