• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I kinda thought she would be a playable character, as she followed you around most of the time and I kinda wondered about that fact for a while.
Yeah, the voice actor for Moses is a jammed-down version of Zelos.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lol, thats not what was so ba...well ok it is, but her magic compared to the others is just awful in my mind
It's so awful, that I don't even remember her HAVING any magic. I was like OMG I can use Shirley now. Then when I used her she died from like two hits from an egg bear. I'm standing there like WTF? She is the Merines fighting with a feather. Give her a dagger for God's sake. rofl

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yes. Let me know when you find one.

And to the topic at hand, I never played Legendia. But Abyss was great. So much fun playing coop in that game.
After Abyss, Legendia would probably make you hate the Tales series. It is much too late to go back, Les. lol. Abyss was the best. Iffy on the voice acting, but everything else was great. I made four files one-by-one on that game. As I said before, Tear FTW.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
hmm, no wonder I like Moses so much then, hes linked to Zelos

to be fair, that Egg Bear was pretty nasty XD. She needs a Kendama
I figured since she was the Merines, she would have almighty power from the ocean. But they made her a simple white mage. I was better off with Apple Gels. XD

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I liked Anise and how she used that statement referring to Van's...you-know-what... at the end, lol.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
lol, Abyss is my favorite Tales game, everything was great, nearly perfect cast of character (looking at you Luke), great story, great gameplay, and the best female in Tales by far (Tear).

Have you guys ever beaten Van's last battle without using Tear or Luke, it actually focuses on Jade and its very cool

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd say Abyss is probably my favorite so far. I haven't played most of them though. Symphonia, Abyss, Phantasia I've beaten and I played some of Eternia and Narakiri Dungeon 3.

What I liked best about Abyss was the big improvements on the battle system compared to Symphonia. I mean TOS was good, but Abyss just made it that much better. Not to mention, I had fun switching different people in my party, compared to TOS where it was basically the same party except switch Kratos/Zelos depending on what's happening.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lol, Abyss is my favorite Tales game, everything was great, nearly perfect cast of character (looking at you Luke), great story, great gameplay, and the best female in Tales by far (Tear).

Have you guys ever beaten Van's last battle without using Tear or Luke, it actually focuses on Jade and its very cool
Did you do the Nebilim side quest? Holy crap that ***** was wicked. Dist the Rose was the ultimate comic relief. i ROFL'd at everything he said.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Yeah, I experimented with the battle with Van and they say different things depending on which characters you use for the battle.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Nebilim was the only battle i struggled with, the end was great for me though because it ended being a one on one between Jade and her, and not only that, but i ended with the cage.

Dist was hilarious because of Jade, then again everything was hilarious because of Jade. Ya DL, the improvements and everything were great, to bad the game did not do well sales wise

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah, I experimented with the battle with Van and they say different things depending on which characters you use for the battle.
I should have known that. But Van on Hard mode is ridiculous. I had to have my mains in play: Luke, Tear, Guy, and Jade. Jade will always be my favorite black mage.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I should have known that. But Van on Hard mode is ridiculous. I had to have my mains in play: Luke, Tear, Guy, and Jade. Jade will always be my favorite black mage.
Jade's Indignation makes it all easier... :)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I liked using Natalia in Tales of the Abyss the most. Being an archer has never been such fun. =D
It made it real easy for her to win single tournaments. I spammed arrows like Pit. It was awesome. Funny thing is, I never used her in my main four. So the weapons I gained were for nothing.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I liked using Natalia in Tales of the Abyss the most. Being an archer has never been such fun. =D
Wow. I thought I was the only one who liked using Natalia.

Even though I usually used Luke, Natalia was my "secondary" so to speak. Set up an Earth FOF and she gets a really useful healing move (forgot what it was called, but IIRC it heals and automatically revives everyone in the circle). Not to mention, archers are just generally cool.

But otherwise my party was Luke (me), Guy (my brother sometimes), Tear, and Jade.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Jade's Indignation makes it all easier... :)
OMG. That secret Arte made me go YAY-YUHZ when I first saw it. The first time I used it was when you fought the exhibition match against Reid and them. Holy crap Reid FTW.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I think it was something like Fairy Circle or something along the lines of that.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Jade's indignation was so awsome in my game, it crashed once XD. The worse fight in my mind is Nebilim on Unknown, that fight took me forever to win, but she fell eventually, though Reid and his crew are close seconds

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Jade's indignation was so awsome in my game, it crashed once XD. The worse fight in my mind is Nebilim on Unknown, that fight took me forever to win, but she fell eventually, though Reid and his crew are close seconds
Yeah. I was pissed off. I defeated the white mage and the archer chick. Reid was all alone getting ravaged by my Guy and Luke. And then all of a sudden, he used this Mystic Arte called "Aurora Wall". Killed Tear, and revived everyone on his team. The music changed after he did. Then I said to myself, "The real fight starts now..."

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I never did get the Field of Fonons in the right places at the right time; I just blasted my way through every battle in my first run through the game, though I do now.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I remember that, I actually used Natalia instead of Guy to have back up healing and onlyhave to worry about one guy getting his *** kicked close range

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Oh really? How interesting. Jade can end it all anytime he wants. He just holds back because he can. Pac-Man belt buckles FTW.
Jade would just hold it back. He'd just say that he's getting too old to worry about ending it all lol

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Yeah. I was pissed off. I defeated the white mage and the archer chick. Reid was all alone getting ravaged by my Guy and Luke. And then all of a sudden, he used this Mystic Arte called "Aurora Wall". Killed Tear, and revived everyone on his team. The music changed after he did. Then I said to myself, "The real fight starts now..."
Did you mean Mint and Nanaly? Nanaly is a cheaper version of Natalia, in that she's capable of taking hits far more than she is. :laugh:

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Did you mean Mint and Nanaly? Nanaly is a cheaper version of Natalia, in that she's capable of taking hits far more than she is. :laugh:
Yea. I forgot their names. Mint from Phantasia and Nanaly from Destiny or Eternia or whatever.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Nanaly is from Destiny 2; Mint supposedly is the best healer there is alongside Raine and Tear. I think Raine is, though, IMO.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Nanaly is from Destiny 2; Mint supposedly is the best healer there is alongside Raine and Tear. I think Raine is, though, IMO.
Raine, of course. Her Revitalize saved me in every battle. Especially against Abyssion on Hard Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom