• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ Official Luigi Match-Up Thread! ☆

kismet2

Smash Ace
hafe to approach with bairs and bait his forward B

most of falcos damage will come by jabs lasers forword B and ftilts...falco really cant kill you though... a predictable Usmash and a predictable bair

well thats a campy falco
I try to go for more grabs at higher percents and Bthrow so I can pressure luigi who's in a bad position, I get kills with Bair like that. Ask Lounis he knows :) jk haha <3

kismet2

Smash Ace
he obv sandbags, kismet, cuz weegee is best char in the game.
Yeah I thought so because when I was using luigi for a bit I was three stocking everyone by up b kills at 0 :lick:

and yeah 6:4 falco sounds good, so what's the next matchup you guys are discussing?

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Get on ZSS cuz ZSS boards said Luigi vs ZSS 6/4 ZSS's favor.
I posted on the Zamus board, I had an even match with the top zamus in my state (Lol Snakee) on Lylat Cruise).

It is difficult for Luigi to space vs Zamus's forward b and back air. Zamus is also great at KO'ing us due to her Down b. It is a tough matchup overall.

I personally like BF or YI for neutral, FD is terrible. Frigate is a good CP choice, Halberd isn't bad either.

We have a slightly better glide toss, so don't be surprised if a Zamus gets rid of at least 2 if not all 3 of her armor pieces.

Space your back airs appropriatly and get Zamus above you with throws and n-air.

It is 60-40. I can't find my original post.

BSP

Smash Legend
Get on ZSS cuz ZSS boards said Luigi vs ZSS 6/4 ZSS's favor.
They're right unfortunately. Really frustrating MU for luigi.

Platforms help so she can't jump around him as freely, but it's still difficult to approach her.

Most of the time, you can see her forward B coming. But even if Luigi shields it, he can't really punish.

Does Zamus' jab really clash with tornado?

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
lol I honestly don't get how that mu is hard.( Maybe I haven't played any good ZSSes)

Suit pieces aren't much of a problem because of Luigi's glidetoss, plus I believe half of his aerials can cancel out their hitbox. Her dsmash and side b can both be powershielded and easily punished. Imo, Luigi only gets pressured when he's above her. She has some tools to keep him away, but on the ground, Luigi has a pretty good chance against her. As for the air, I believe out bairs trade hits. Their uair definitely beats anything we have.

As for her jab clashing with our cyclone, I believe it depends on where you start the tornado. I think that aerial cyclones actually beat their jab while any cyclones from a distance get beat out.

As a matter of fact, I think that Luigi's cyclone actually loses priority near the end of it. :O

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Lol I don't mean to sound cocky, but I forgot that i've already played patg before and I did beat him a couple of rounds with my Luigi. :D (Btw I wasn't considering wifi in my last post but...)

yoshq

Smash Master
yeah i really don't understand how anyone could win that mu vs a good zss. if scatt did then vids plz. even though i beat him in b+ at apex, maybe he has a mindblock vs luigi

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
It's been a long time since I played amethia's zss, or any decent zss for that matter so I can't really help out. I do remember the approaching problem though :/

boss8

Smash Hero
i play only 2 zero suits snakee and sassy......and snakee is a camper i normally go in with fireballs and powershields.....

jab grab is ur friend in this matchup...a quick Dthrow read to rack up some damage.....

u wanna mainly stay on zero suit....and chance she's off the stage take it dnt hesitate (unless ur a little iffy about it)

tornado gimps her recovery (kinda like diddykong)

be careful for her OOS utilts.....and uairs....mostly used when she is on offense....her jab is 1 frame....and her spotdodge isnt that bad at all....

BSP

Smash Legend
You can PS hit three of her jab though, unless you get caught in the air i think.

Roxer

Smash Rookie
the snake summary helps me a lot.. but I would like to see some tricks and vids against peach and falco.. I have big troubles against falco.... actually I have more hope to win against a snake than a falco

BSP

Smash Legend
Go try looking at other board's MU discussions and see what they say to look out for vs. Luigi.

Ours won't be getting done anytime soon :(

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
One thing to add against Snake. Snake prefers the campgame with nades, to make you approach, try to mindgame the nades and cancel the throw with B neutral, I don't know if it was already said, but now, i'm sure it was said xD

NNID
LilG912
I already try to convince the Luigis to discuss about Luigi in doubles, it just dies cuz no one seems to care about Luigi's best stages, counterpicks, and matchups of course. Everyone be in Luigi social too much.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I already try to convince the Luigis to discuss about Luigi in doubles, it just dies cuz no one seems to care about Luigi's best stages, counterpicks, and matchups of course. Everyone be in Luigi social too much.
you wanna talk weegee in doubles sir? im down as my best friend is also quite possibly the best weegee main in norcal (probably the only one too lol. but seriously hes got an amazing luigi) and i would love to discuss how good the pit luigi team is. let throw down the pros of this team as we have yet to do dubs in tourney (just friendlies at tourneys and such) so i don't have much knowledge of wat this teams handicaps are.

first off wat we are looking at is a team with 2 projectiles, lots of high priority single hit (luigi) and multihit (pit) moves so you are prepared to over come everything from close quarters combat on fast characters and shield poke-age on those with bad shields like the fatties.

as long as you are playing with a pit who knows his arrow game and his edgeguarding game, you don't really have to worry about getting screwed over by double team or grabs as pits arrow is arguably the best projectile in the game next to lazers because he has full controll over it and it has good damage and knockback for a projectile and it can be charged. thus he can get you out of bad situations even if he is far away at any angle. arrow also safely allows for longer comboing with luigi even in when the luigi is taking on both opponents since he attacks so fast and eats through most melee attacks.

since luigi can use his down b recovery again if he gets hit pit can refresh weegees recovery with an arrow from any where. also pit dair sends people up so if your up b fails and you see pit run after you off stage be prepared to DI and live because it works really well when pit can't shoot you.

also the best part about this match is when the pit and weegee can really work together the pit can basically give weegee a pseudo wavedash with his own wing dashing and just standard Wings of Icarus. luigi just has to charge forward b, time a shoryukin, or charge watever smash he wants and pit can just launch luigi towards the opponent at high speed for a long *** ways. thus the pit weegee doubles technique WOI wavedash basically makes weegee himself a third projectile that can potentially kill snake and DDD in the 90s.

counter picks with these 2 is halberd and delphino. imo halberd is pits best stage and he can camp his arrows from BENEATH these stages. this is unpunishable for the most part and if someone tries to get him pit's uair>just about everything if placed right which is easy. also this stages have pretty low ceilings meaning weegee get kills at like 85% with good DI with his fsmash, usmash, and his shoryukin. also the 2 of them work great back to back as they gots great jabs and have projectiles.

as for bad MUs let me put it this way, we don't know yet as i said earlier it is still being tested as we aren't usually playing doubles anywhere near as much as singles. but from perspective here is wat i see. if we focus on teams ranging from S-high C tier (<no pun intended) pit has bad match ups against wario, olimar, and MK. well luigi automatically destroys wario beyond 60:40 in doubles as pits arrow allows luigi to take wario and have his way with him. the olimar match up becomes easier for pit as pit beats olimar on the ground but loses to him in the air whereas luigi destroys olimar in the air thus his options kinda got robbed. as for MK.... still testing. sry.

there happy some1 talked dubs with you?

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
great resume Maharba ^^

Snake Luigi team is really destructive too. Like few of you know, my teammate is Crysis, a beast Snake mainer, and snake is my 2nd too, so we double snake for teams, where we have great success :p
But against Falco in a teammatch is very difficult, because Falco can CG snake easily in teams and when the mate can't rescue his friend, it's probably 60 - 70 dammage for snake (count the gimp dammage too)

Our ennemies were Muka^ great snake mainer and Blub the legendary falco mainer.

1st match we lost like i explained before 3stocked with Dubz Snakes.

So I decided to change for Luigi, because he's quiet good against Falco in teams :p and can help much better his mate. We won the 2-1 in end with Snake luigi team against them with a 2 and 3 stocks without problems.

Snake is like everybody knows, really good at camping xD, also his jabtiltgame are very powerful and make big dammage to his oppenent. A good luigi knows that his gameplay contains powershielding for punishing the oppenet, and so luigi don't get hurt of the nades. Also against falco, Utilt combo him and snake can continue with an NAir for example and luigi Fair or bair.

Also, Snake utilt can kill easily, so does the Fsmash from luigi too.
you can also make pressure on the oppenent with the full Missile with luigi ;) Charge the missile and wait until the oppenent is in a good position. Imagine he has a Snake as 2nd oppenent and can make easily mistakes.

Hope you guys understand it ... tried my best srsrly ^^

PsY^

Smash Rookie
I 'm a Luigi mainer for like a month now, had loads of breaks though cause I didnt took Luigi serious as a character for tournaments. But I now main Luigi along with ROB for tourneys, so if I could be of any help with matchups, i 'll be glad to help.

Top Bottom