• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Omnath

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't choose sides based upon who is involved in the conflict, but rather who has the more viable argument.

I don't even want to continue this discussion with you anymore if you aren't going to back up your points. Just give me a rebuttal, not a list of questions.
Your argument is that a good majority of the fault belongs to Steven. My response was indeed in the form of "STATED" questions. Which means that there are obvious points hidden within the contexts of the questions. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall every time I talk to you.

Just to reiterate. Steven has some fault, but there was no effort made to dissuade him. And at that point, no effort was made to help the pot either. It goes back to the fact that you're all ganging up on him, it's not fair to him that you're posting all this hate right after Nokoast, and that it shouldn't be an argument of who to blame as it is, how is Ky going to be compensated? Otherwise it just becomes childish argumentation.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
-Sigh-

I think I'm done here. I don't want to talk about this anymore, your last post just shows that this is moving in a circle. Nothing is getting resolved and the crews already been divided between you two and rest of us in terms of what we believe. I can't get caught up in all this anymore right now though, I gotta get to the hospital.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
We're here, live, at the Wichita Kansas Area Discussion, where the drama has seemed to have ended. This message here has been brought to you by Doomed News Channel 666, where our motto is: "Listen or Go to Hell."

I don't know how Clel does it... -_-

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Honestly though, I think that if the entire Wichita crew posted and said that they hated the idea, Affinity wouldn't have backed down from it.
Actually, I definitely would've. Without a question.

I can be persistent when I want to be, but I'm not stupid. lol

DeathxTouch

Smash Apprentice
Haven't posted here in ages. Huy, you might disagree with this idea immediately but try thinking it over. Use some of B4H to pay Ky back. From what I heard, the Choi family isn't looking for money, but when they need it, I am sure there are gonna be other ways to get it. Anyways that stuff probably shouldn't be discussed on the boards. Last, take this crap to PMs or real life. The majority of this junk isn't even about brawl, but I won't lie, I do get a good laugh occasionally.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Your argument is that a good majority of the fault belongs to Steven. My response was indeed in the form of "STATED" questions. Which means that there are obvious points hidden within the contexts of the questions. I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall every time I talk to you.

Just to reiterate. Steven has some fault, but there was no effort made to dissuade him. And at that point, no effort was made to help the pot either. It goes back to the fact that you're all ganging up on him, it's not fair to him that you're posting all this hate right after Nokoast, and that it shouldn't be an argument of who to blame as it is, how is Ky going to be compensated? Otherwise it just becomes childish argumentation.
We had efforts to help the pot, Steve called them off and told us Russ would cover it. Come tourney time though Russ didn't pay up and we had no idea why because we weren't explained the conditions or anything. So we had to think fast to solve that while solving the other issues that were happening during the tourney.

Then on here the way Steve takes things gets people fired up. It looks like he's too busy calling others out and just refuses to accept responsibility or that he screwed up or anything. People gang up on him to assure him he's done something wrong, I'm pretty sure he's learned from it myself and it wouldn't turn out this way if he wasn't so defensive and just said "Yeah guys, I could've handled it better my bad about that". Being the bigger man, it's over-rated; don't take the bait.

Omnath

Smash Ace
We had efforts to help the pot, Steve called them off and told us Russ would cover it. Come tourney time though Russ didn't pay up and we had no idea why because we weren't explained the conditions or anything. So we had to think fast to solve that while solving the other issues that were happening during the tourney.

Then on here the way Steve takes things gets people fired up. It looks like he's too busy calling others out and just refuses to accept responsibility or that he screwed up or anything. People gang up on him to assure him he's done something wrong, I'm pretty sure he's learned from it myself and it wouldn't turn out this way if he wasn't so defensive and just said "Yeah guys, I could've handled it better my bad about that". Being the bigger man, it's over-rated; don't take the bait.
Stupid is as stupid says. I'm done talking to you people, it's really annoying talking to you pricks.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
u mad?

oh well, I knew you'd be done talking with me far before I was done talking with you har har. hmm you called me a name so I get to call you one, what shall it be? "Spineless" fits the bill. Cha chas...

Omnath

Smash Ace
u mad?

oh well, I knew you'd be done talking with me far before I was done talking with you har har. hmm you called me a name so I get to call you one, what shall it be? "Spineless" fits the bill. Cha chas...
Sorry, I just had to get the last word in on this.

I didn't call you a name at all. In fact, I said that in a very general sense. Yet, now that we're on the subject, maybe an appropriate name for you would be "The Two-faced Baastard"? Just to let you know bro, anything I say on here, I can say straight to your face, just give me a time and a place. Hell, what are you gonna do? Beat me in brawl?

Holms

Smash Ace
It's simple, I trust his judgment better than (two examples) Zeton or Domo, for instance. If Steven loses a few tournament matches, he doesn't cry about it, he doesn't get mad at people. No nerd rage involved.
All I can say to this is: LOL

Trent

Smash Champion
I believe your argument is incorrect, because if you just look at the frames of the attack, you will clearly see that the B button wins games whenever he starts to use Mach Torn-

Wait.

Wrong thread.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I just had to get the last word in on this.

I didn't call you a name at all. In fact, I said that in a very general sense. Yet, now that we're on the subject, maybe an appropriate name for you would be "The Two-faced Baastard"? Just to let you know bro, anything I say on here, I can say straight to your face, just give me a time and a place. Hell, what are you gonna do? Beat me in brawl?
Oh **** you're right. I'm completely defenseless irl... I shouldn't of been talking trash online me sowwie =(

I accepted that you generalized before I made my post but just so I know - is it politically incorrect to say I was called a name even though you generalized it? Cause I thought about but didn't care.

I'm curious to see you pull this act irl however - I won't beat you in brawl, I'll give you a medal of honor cause that's the BRAVEST ACHIEVEMENT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! Nah real talk, I keep in mind those who takes these chatters seriously and now that I know you're one of them irl I'll treat you accordingly, good luck.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I laugh at the ridiculousness that is the Wichita Kansas Area Drama Discussion. You guys should seriously consider dramatics. I've performed in a couple plays, and I liked it. I'm pretty sure you guys would, too.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Lol KY, you're so chill about it so everyone else is getting mad for you
Kyle always has the ho's take care of the dirty work,

Get on yo knees ho

Yell at that ***** for me ho

Make me a sammich ho

its just how Kyle lays **** down

PS: good to hear you got everything straightened out Kyle, if somebody would have mentioned it I wouldn't have minded throwing in some money for the bonus pot (that we didn't have). HUGE communications **** up on this one, people need to talk about ****. Too many people are trying to run off doing their own thing

Depster

Smash Champion
BlahblahIhatewhenpeoplerageoversillygamesblahblah
It's a little different when you're playing for money. IMHO, I think Zeton had an awesome reason for raging. He places well a lot and he lost a match because he tripped into ICs when he should have gotten the kill. And sides, most people rage a little when stuff like that happens. Shoot, I rage over this game and I'm not even good enough to play for money yet.

I think that for pot bonuses from now on there should always be a back up plan just in case crap like this happens, where the sponsor backs out last minute. I think the pot bonus should have either been had already or planned out before the promise was made. Also, I think, since everything is being worked out anyway, that it should probably be forgotten and only brought up for jokes from now on, so the rage against Affinity at this point is probably going a bit too far, and I dunno what Omnath's deal is.

Degyn Sefer

Smash Ace
i just want to say steven came to me and asked for money, so i said "gather what you can and i will try and pitch in what i can" after i said that i was never told till i saw KY counting money

@ky PM me your address and ill pay my part after i cash my check tomorrow

<3 you andy lol

EDIT: who all has HGSS, give me your FCs now **** it

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Haven't posted here in ages. Huy, you might disagree with this idea immediately but try thinking it over. Use some of B4H to pay Ky back. From what I heard, the Choi family isn't looking for money, but when they need it, I am sure there are gonna be other ways to get it. Anyways that stuff probably shouldn't be discussed on the boards. Last, take this crap to PMs or real life. The majority of this junk isn't even about brawl, but I won't lie, I do get a good laugh occasionally.
That's a pretty good idea.

It's all up to Huy, though.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright, I'll come clean.

I apologize for not being more organized and efficient with putting together the pot. I understand that it was mainly my responsibility and that it was mostly my fault that everything didn't come together in the end. I should've been much more clear with everyone about the matter.

As for why I've been defensive: it hasn't been because I don't feel I'm responsible for all this happening. I've made that clear several times. It's because I'm feeling frustrated that we, Wichita Smashers as a whole, are seemingly not capable of coming together and rationally finding a solution to a problem we can all try to solve, regardless of who's fault it was.

I understand why most people have been coming at me like they have on these boards since yesterday, so I'm going to try to be more open with everyone from now on, and I hope the rest of you can do the same.

All in all, this was just a really unfortunate situation. Hopefully we can avoid things like this from now on.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
too late for steve plan is in effect. And why didn't you make that little threat to me cody? You know where I live we can brawl irlanytime that is if you call me beatin you a brawl. I'm open for suggestions on a when and where we can record it too .

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
No! Think about this, as of right now my cause for Bring Them Hope 2 is the Choi family. What happens when the people that go to this tournament find out that I take the money and give it to KY. The cause they all just donated to for, was a LIE. Sorry Daniel, but this has got to be one of the most ******** ideas I have ever heard. I stated myself, multiple times, that we will raise virtually no money whatsoever in comparison to how much this will devastate their family. I'm running this event to solely show the Choi family that there is an abundance of people that care and support them. If you're attending Brawl For Hope for the sole reason to play Brawl, I'd rather you just not come. I can't believe you would even suggest this idea.

That's a pretty good idea.

It's all up to Huy, though.
It's even more ridiculous that people actual second the notion. F***ing ridiculous.

If you couldn't tell from this stupid post.

NO!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hey Huy calm down a little man. DT didn't mean any harm. You aleady know you got support from me and the other smashers for the Chois. Ricky and KY are gonna come down and show support. I'm getting some of my friends to lend a donating hand too.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Nevermind. I know what all this is about. It's probably the healthiest thing to do, cowardly or not.

Just to be clear, I wasn't looking for anyone's sympathy. Sorry to disappoint.

See ya.

*unsubscribes*

Top Bottom