• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Omfg, I hate hospitals.

Blarg and anyone else who cares: Hana's surgery was successful, it will be a long recovery for her though. I'm not allowed to release any more information than that though.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I vote for either one. Both are fine. Though much is to be said for the implications of calling him Peppa Salty.

4rce: Glad to hear. Is B4H going to be at the same place?

WichitaFC

Smash Rookie
Whats Really Happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I want to make this very clear to everyone looking at this thread:

We are NEVER hosting NK at Chronicles ever again.

If you went to NKv2, you know how **** well Kansas can run a tournament. Expect it to be waaaaay better next time around. Better venue, more setup, better overall.

I'll keep y'all posted, whenever it comes around.

Nonetheless, this tournament did have some sick sets to watch in-person.

Yep. **** was ridiculous.

First of all I would like to say that I represent Chronicles Entertainment. Second I probably wont check the posts after this due to being busy with other taxes, so if you have any questions email me at WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Steven - AKA Affinity has not been honest with all of you. About 1-2 months ago he apparently told all of you that there would be a bonus pot. Then he came to me and told me he was having a hard time getting people to help donate to the pot and asked me if I would spring some cash so his reputation wasn't tarnished, to help him out of the predicament he placed himself in. I said I would as long as the estimated numbers (100 people) showed up to the convention like he said there would be, There was 35 that were specifically there for the tournament. That number is nowhere near what I was promised for participation. The room that was used from 8am - 5pm by the Smashers and then 7pm -11pm by other events. I am a businessman and an entrepreneur, I believe in honoring the deals I make but I feel that Affinity had no right using my business in such disregard to promise something that was never discussed with me in the first place and then take it out on the convention that so many people have worked so hard to make a great event. I talked with Affinity Sunday about what we could do and even told him we would try and create special convention stickers that could be purchased for $10 next year but the sticker would only allow them to play Smash and nothing else. He seemed fine with that but now I get on here to see how things went and I feel attacked!!!

Chronicles Entertainment and Staff never authorized a bonus pot, we made a deal with Steven that was for 100 people after the fact, we only had 35 people, he seemed OK with a possible reduced amount and said everything was fine (LIED) and now he is making everything seem like it was the conventions fault. MAN UP AFFINITY!!! Chronicles will not be making up for Affinities mistakes, he can provide the bonus pot that he pitched to all of you, and for anyone that traveled very far distances I apologize if it was specifically for the bonus pot.

Sincere apologies
Chronicles Entertainment
WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
clels voice: ****! I think I would be mad if I didn't already know about most of that. Well now all know discuss? Lol

Holms

Smash Ace
See results thread.
"We are NEVER hosting NK at Chronicles again!"

I can see why someone would consider this an attack. You're implying that the venue was bad, which quite frankly, it wasn't. The ONLY issue people had with it was the pricing, which is why we had such a lousy turnout, hence the whole issue with the bonus pot (THANK YOU Ky for helping out with that). In the future, Affinity, make sure you HAVE the money before promising it to all of these people instead of saying that we'll have it for the tournament and expecting the lot of us to happily donate towards it.

Legan

Smash Lord
DAAYUuuUuUMmMMMmM. Affinity get **** on D:

Sounds like the same thing that happened in St Louis, TO makes a promise for a big turnout to his sponsor that he cant keep and ends up ****ing over the sponsor. Then the sponsor gets on here and tells it like it is.

These people lose alot of money when you do **** like that, I dont have any expectations for NK4 either, KS is cool but for 30$ venue fees a longass drive and no matter what we seem to get low priority last minute housing. I dont see any reason to go.

And Domo, whatsup with my money? Rauleen said she asked you for it.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm not solely responsible. All of us put effort into building the bonus up.

I'm tired of people being so quick to jump on me about **** all the time.

And lol at calling that an attack. I was referring to the lack of space and time that people were complaining about; not just the con fee. Remember what assumptions do.

@Legan - There's a lot of details you don't know about. He basically said he'd give us the money if we could get over 50-60 people (he said 100+ in his post because I told him that was going to be the expected turnout before the thread was made or I was even aware that there was going to be a con-fee. I made it clear to him that the number was going to drop by about half because of the con-fee as the tournament date approached). We got 46, and didn't give us anything. I know its not 50+, but c'mon...

Legan

Smash Lord
I thought the high venue fee was your doing, so that explains alot. It definately killed your turnout. The MO players ended up spending like 70$ each going.

Holms

Smash Ace
"Stuff. It's not my fault, don't blame me. More stuff. And assumptions."

We got 46, and didn't give us anything. I know its not 50+, but c'mon...
And I'm tired of you getting super defensive about everything. It doesn't take much to rile you up, especially when it has anything to do with you making an error or being a part of making an error. Own up to something for ONCE in your life! Sure, we all "contributed" towards making the bonus pot possible, but you're the one who promised the money would be available.

Also, that's exactly right, it's not 50+. Chronicles weren't wrong for not giving their money towards the event, seeing as you didn't hold up your end of the bargain, like they just said. :p

*prepares for an epic retort*

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
What you didn't do, was inform -me- of there ever being a condition to Russ' involvement in donating money I would have told you from the start that it was a ******** assumption to think we would pull nearly 100 people again at an expensive venue and to try another avenue.

The absolute worst thing you did was not bother to tell me until THREE HOURS BEFORE WE HAD TO PAY PEOPLE. -And- you then expected people to be okay with the non-existant pot bonus because, and I am exactly quoting you here: "We've done so much for them." Yes, because Ally, who flew all the way down here would feel way better knowing we had done so much for him. The pot bonus was the only reason most people came. If it wasn't for the charitable actions of others, then we would have had a lot to answer for. Most of all, I would have had to deal with it, because I was in charge, while you, the main who made the promise he couldn't fulfill had already backed out of running the tournament way in advance (yet still managed to snag a staff ticket despite not doing anything I noticed). What you should be doing is thanking me and KY for covering you, instead of throwing blame around like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Omg...so much stuff...I don't wanna get into it though, hope you guys sort it all out. In the end I think all of us learned lessons from this NK. I'm not going to say what because most have already been mentioned.

Inferno: I hope so, I still have to talk with my priest again. I'll keep you posted. I'd love it if you could help me with brackets and stuff this time around, you don't have to do anything in regards to setup though, we'll have plenty for that.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
legan that is true I have the money I set aside foru still in the same place I had it b4 nk began. Is there any quicker way I can get it to you? As for the whole nk thing..... I'm not gonna say anythng on here

and rauleen I'm sorry I didn't take the money and give it to you immediately. Someone had reminded me ... I think it was zeton. Well watever is the quikest way to get it to you let me know please

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Omg...so much stuff...I don't wanna get into it though, hope you guys sort it all out. In the end I think all of us learned lessons from this NK. I'm not going to say what because most have already been mentioned.

Inferno: I hope so, I still have to talk with my priest again. I'll keep you posted. I'd love it if you could help me with brackets and stuff this time around, you don't have to do anything in regards to setup though, we'll have plenty for that.
No worries, homes. I'll gladly work for charity.

Edit: does Legan have a paypal? If he did, you could just give me the money and I could send it through to his paypal account.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I have a PayPal Account. Like I once said on my facebook status, "My favorite four-letter words are free, food, and cash. If you give them to me, I'd gladly accept."

4rce, can I help run the bracket? I'll rig it against my favor make it fair and balanced.

Also, thanks, Inferno, for letting me fight Ally early on.

MJG

Smash Hero
Honest question for you wichita people.

Would any of you have the balls to say what you have said behind the comp screen in person? The only two people that I can think of doing that is Cameron and Domo. Honestly, I don't think any of the people lurking in our your thread want to see the drama. Or maybe they do. The point is, you guys shouldn't even be arguing over something so silly (or maybe it is serious to you guys) and maybe try to work together and find a solution for future events (assuming that future events will still be held in wichita).

Don't chastise me for not being there and putting my 2 cents in. Im just stating my perspective (and other lurkers), as well as my opinion on this situation.

Love you all. ;)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think we should have some tourneys and give KY some/all of the pot because afaik, he covered the rest of the $400 bonus pot out of his own pocket. it's how we would have earned up the bonus pot cash in the first place.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
i think we should have some tourneys and give KY some/all of the pot because afaik, he covered the rest of the $400 bonus pot out of his own pocket. it's how we would have earned up the bonus pot cash in the first place.
I agree with this we really should

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Holms, I don't see how responding to you comes off as super-defensive. I'm just making my point.

Also, sorry, but I couldn't resist responding to this idiocy.

What you didn't do, was inform -me- of there ever being a condition to Russ' involvement in donating money I would have told you from the start that it was a ******** assumption to think we would pull nearly 100 people again at an expensive venue and to try another avenue.
What I -did- tell you was that we needed to pull in 50-60+ people, and you know that. Like I said, I made it clear to Russ that the number was going to drop by about half because of the con-fee as the tournament date approached.

The absolute worst thing you did was not bother to tell me until THREE HOURS BEFORE WE HAD TO PAY PEOPLE. -And- you then expected people to be okay with the non-existant pot bonus because, and I am exactly quoting you here: "We've done so much for them." Yes, because Ally, who flew all the way down here would feel way better knowing we had done so much for him. The pot bonus was the only reason most people came. If it wasn't for the charitable actions of others, then we would have had a lot to answer for. Most of all, I would have had to deal with it, because I was in charge, while you, the main who made the promise he couldn't fulfill had already backed out of running the tournament way in advance (yet still managed to snag a staff ticket despite not doing anything I noticed). What you should be doing is thanking me and KY for covering you, instead of throwing blame around like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
1) You were the TO, not me. You also were keeping track of the money after I gave the $100 to you. In case you forgot.

2) I figured you already knew the situation, considering you were the TO. I told you as soon as I knew you didn't know, which I why I pulled you away to tell you mid-convo.

3) Stop being such a little cry-baby ***** and solely blaming me for everything, like always. Yes, I came up with the idea which makes me partially responsible, but most people here agreed with the idea, including you: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9085782&postcount=21672

4) I thanked KY as soon as I found out he did today. You can ask him. No one bothered to tell me sooner.

5) Throwing around blame? Who am I blaming? All I'm doing is calling you out for trying to pin everything on me when its everyone's fault that's involved. I've never said that I had nothing to do with this.

6) I'm acting like a kid? You almost attacked me when I told you about the pot situation, then threw a fit like a ****ing two year old. Any rational human being would've controlled them self and worked to figure out a solution. The irony in your statement amazes me.

Cut the bull****, Cameron. I'm more than aware that I'm responsible, but you are as well. I'm going to personally help Kyle out with the money he gave to the pot as soon as I can; you better be prepared to, too.

I'm ready to discuss this face-to-face when you are.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
who gives a **** about this or that

how about we make things right by hosting some tourneys/raffling that ipod, take this as a learning lesson for the next no koast (IE HAVE A MORE SOLID GAMEPLAN FOR BUILDING THE POT), and move on

and change the thread title, wichidrama isn't even a word

Top Bottom