• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Affinity: I've never openly opposed you on the boards and it hasn't been until recently that your words and actions have began to bother me. I've always considered you and I to be decently close, and I hope I still can.

However, I don't seem to agree with any of your decisions since No Koast, and even the few weeks leading up to No Koast. You really don't seem to understand that a lot of this does boil down to you. I mean, I'm not saying that it was completely your fault, but I do think that you should feel obligated and compelled to receive most of the blame, rather than just trying to shift it off to the group. It sucks being wrong, it really does. No one likes to be the bad guy, but when it's you, what can you really do? Just learn to accept it, do your best to fix it, and move on. You're coming off as more and more selfish each time you decide to respond and it's disgusting to watch.

I'm sorry, but I just can't take your side this time around.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I had a big retort built up but 4rce already said everything that needs to be said. You've been exposed, Steve. Suck it up and pay Kyle what you owe him. Stop trying to drag me down with your *** just because I'm an easy target. It's unbecoming of someone who holds himself in such a high regard.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Movie Trailer Voice:Wichita Kansas presents...

WICHIDRAMA 2 - This time the cast is larger, the posts are bigger, and the reputations are the greatest ever to be one step away from ruined! Internet drama has never been taken so seriously!!! The critics claim it "Thread of the year!", "eight thumbs up and counting", "will keep you reading till the very end", "jaw-dropping conclusion!!", and "DAYUM!!!".

WICHIDRAMA 2, rated R.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend

WICHIDRAMA 2 - This time the cast is larger, the posts are bigger, and the reputations are the greatest ever to be one step away from ruined! Internet drama has never been taken so seriously!!! The critics claim it "Thread of the year!", "eight thumbs up and counting", "will keep you reading till the very end", "jaw-dropping conclusion!!", and "DAYUM!!!".

WICHIDRAMA 2, rated R.
mother ****ing sigged. epic

KY_Des

Smash Ace
All I know is I blew over 80% of my paycheck I picked up on Friday at a tournament I didn't even enter. I really don't care how, but I intend on being paid back. I can't afford to drop 400 dollars jus because some people ****ed up.

Thinkin about it pisses me off, so I'll let yall discuss whats gonna happen with that. There's no ****ing reason I should have people from out of state that I've met a handful of times offering me money. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All I know is I blew over 80% of my paycheck I picked up on Friday at a tournament I didn't even enter. I really don't care how, but I intend on being paid back. I can't afford to drop 400 dollars jus because some people ****ed up.

Thinkin about it pisses me off, so I'll let yall discuss whats gonna happen with that. There's no ****ing reason I should have people from out of state that I've met a handful of times offering me money. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Just wanted to thank you a ton for doing that. It was really considerate of you and just shows how awesome of a person you are. I really hope you get paid back and if not I'll see what the texas scene can gather up for you man. I'm sure I can think of something we can do :).

Major kudos.

Omnath

Smash Ace
I had a big retort built up but 4rce already said everything that needs to be said. You've been exposed, Steve. Suck it up and pay Kyle what you owe him. Stop trying to drag me down with your *** just because I'm an easy target. It's unbecoming of someone who holds himself in such a high regard.
You and I both know this is BS and a completely unnecessary comment. If you guys wanted to get a bonus pot up and running, then maybe you guys should have helped out a little more. Ky did a good job, and I'm really sorry to see this happen. Sadly for you guys, you need to realize that it's actually the Wichita group's fault as a whole. Stop crying and move on.

It's annoying to see all of you turn on Steven so fast because he contributes quite a bit more than a lot of you other people do. Not to say that people didn't help, but don't make comments if you didn't do a **** thing to help our situation at the tournament. Ky deserves a lot of respect for helping out the way he did, but Steven doesn't deserved to be treated like crap just because you guys can't handle part of the blame. It's not fair to put a bunch of this crap on Steven. If you were in his situation, how would you feel right now?

Also, Cameron, you did a great job running the tournament except for a couple of explosions here and there. It's sad to see that you're not going to be TO and such in the future, but if you're leaving, then why do you care about what is said on this thread? I just wish you guys would stop complaining and just have fun with the game instead of causing so much drama. This is why I'm a casual gamer, not a serious gamer.

Steven, you don't get. And I don't think you ever will. =/
Maybe you don't get it? I don't think you understand the situation, but it's kind've a lot of people's faults, not just Steven's.

You really don't seem to understand that a lot of this does boil down to you. I mean, I'm not saying that it was completely your fault, but I do think that you should feel obligated and compelled to receive most of the blame, rather than just trying to shift it off to the group. It sucks being wrong, it really does. No one likes to be the bad guy, but when it's you, what can you really do? Just learn to accept it, do your best to fix it, and move on.
1. Why does it boil down to him?

2. Why is he the most to blame?

3. Did any of you make any effort to help the bonus pot?

4. You do realize that he's only the bad guy right now because you guys feel like there needs to be someone to blame, right?

5. How can he fix it? It's not his fault that you guys didn't make an effort to help the pot amount out. It was agreed by a good majority of people in the Wichita group that there should be a bonus pot, so it shouldn't be his responsibility, it should be everyone's.

6. I'm tired of this "we need to blame someone" crap that you, and many other people are spewing out right now. I may be a bit biased because Steven is my friend, but it bugs the crap out of me when you people are ganging up on him for no reason at all.
The pot wasn't Steven's responsibility, it was the entire group's. So why can't the entire group take responsibility and help Ky out? Are you really that selfish and low on money that you can't help out?

I know I don't post on these threads much anymore, but every time I come back, it's the entire group bashing one person. It just doesn't seem fair to me. You all have some major insecurity problems that you need to get checked out. To me, this shouldn't be a discussion, but a matter of everyone pitching in to help Ky out.

I'm out for a while, I'll leave you guys to your blame game. Have fun drowning yourselves in hate fail.

Just wanted to thank you a ton for doing that. It was really considerate of you and just shows how awesome of a person you are. I really hope you get paid back and if not I'll see what the texas scene can gather up for you man. I'm sure I can think of something we can do :).

Major kudos.
Agreed. Also, thanks for the matches Hylian. You seem like a pretty cool guy to be around, hope to see you again sometime.

MJG

Smash Hero

WICHIDRAMA 2, rated R.
Holy ****..

LOL

EDIT: Omnath comin out strong. His statement is somewhat true :)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
See, guys, what Brawl does to you? It makes you go wacko. Now, this all could've been avoided if all of you were playing my modded doom levels.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
omnath quit life. I would xplain why but I thnk you would see why if you would quit suckin steves **** and look at the facts in a unbiased manner. Mjg doesn't know all the stuff so I can see why he takes his stance but you.... Just fail. P.s. Don't say stuff tryn to act all hard on here cause if you got somethin to say you and steve know where I stay and you know you can come get the biz anytime. Now on another note. The pot situation is dumb we had alternatives and steve said bonus pot b4 we had it so we were pressed to do it cause the commitment had been made. Now he dropped being the to for nk idc about that but when the promise was made steve was the one to do so and didn't have solid plan bs and cs. Then you came up wit the ipod raffle thing. Cute attempt but you knew we didn't have the pot at nk and you still didn't do it. So was it sincere or a cover to get ppl to thnk "hey stevens got this" when obviously he didn't. The you come with that we've done so much for them.. That's jus dumb. I'm not even gettin into that. Then to top it all off after kyle gave the extra 400 dollars that steve made the promise of steve ordered pizza..... He didn't put a penny toward that bonus pot and you wanna do that? Oos and in state ppl were tryn to at least offer and you didn't even do that. That says enough about stevens character to me. After this post hate me if you want I'll cope. I spoke true facts if you can't handle those then too bad.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Domo, let me clear some things up for you.

I had no idea Kyle put $400 into the pot until I saw someone post about it yesterday, so I don't see how me ordering pizza is relevant. All Cameron told me on Sunday was that "it was taken care of."

Also, what do you mean I didn't put a penny towards the pot? Didn't we all pitch in to make that $100?

Additionally, if it really matters that I mention this, I did say that I would put $400 to cover it myself if a solution couldn't be reached, while trying very hard to come up with a solution much earlier on Sunday. I also spoke with several people and spent a lot of time finding people who would be willing to help out by each donating a little bit to our cause. When Cameron said it was taken care of, I had almost found enough people to cover it. I had planned on helping from the beginning; Clel and Sam can back me up on this.

It's important to always hear both sides of the story before making a statement such as yours.

Domo, you obviously know nothing about me or my character. Cody's known me waaaaay longer than you or anyone else in this thread has. He, and every friend I have in my inner circle outside of smash, know how responsible I am when it comes to money. Saying you spoke "true facts" is a joke, plain and simple.

And Cameron, honestly, I have nothing to say to you. You're an idiot. I'm not going to waste my time.

Nonethelss, we all know exactly what the situation is, and Sam is right. We all need to stop blaming people and find a solution. Think whatever you all want of me as a person or whatever, but the main focus is helping Kyle out.

I have a plan laid out and I'm going to try to discuss it with Kyle today.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
*Looks back on the posts*

I highly doubt it
I lol'd.

Domo, you obviously know nothing about me or my character. Cody's known me waaaaay longer than you or anyone else in this thread has.

I lol'd, but you have no idea why.

View Poll Results: Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?
View Poll Results: Should we start doing the Kansas Drama again?
41 say yes. 17 say no.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I understand where you guys are comin from when you say that it's the whole group's responsibility, but it boils down to this. A bonus pot should not of been promised to the players until we had the money. It should of been kept within the KS players. That way, if it fell through, which it did pretty hard, it wouldn't of been a problem because we wouldn't have already made the commitment.

I didn't pay the money out of pocket because I felt responsible or because it was out of state guys the money was going to. I did it because we love those guys to death. I wasn't gonna **** over all the friends we had there that spent their money to come down and chill with us. It's jus not right.

But Steven called me today and he's gettin it taken care of, so no worries. Let's just not make anymore promises we're not 100% sure we can keep.

<3 Hylian

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

WICHIDRAMA 2, rated R.
I can't believe I missed this.

I'm laughing so hard irl right now. xD

Omnath

Smash Ace
omnath quit life. I would xplain why but I thnk you would see why if you would quit suckin steves **** and look at the facts in a unbiased manner. Mjg doesn't know all the stuff so I can see why he takes his stance but you.... Just fail. P.s. Don't say stuff tryn to act all hard on here cause if you got somethin to say you and steve know where I stay and you know you can come get the biz anytime. Now on another note. The pot situation is dumb we had alternatives and steve said bonus pot b4 we had it so we were pressed to do it cause the commitment had been made. Now he dropped being the to for nk idc about that but when the promise was made steve was the one to do so and didn't have solid plan bs and cs. Then you came up wit the ipod raffle thing. Cute attempt but you knew we didn't have the pot at nk and you still didn't do it. So was it sincere or a cover to get ppl to thnk "hey stevens got this" when obviously he didn't. The you come with that we've done so much for them.. That's jus dumb. I'm not even gettin into that. Then to top it all off after kyle gave the extra 400 dollars that steve made the promise of steve ordered pizza..... He didn't put a penny toward that bonus pot and you wanna do that? Oos and in state ppl were tryn to at least offer and you didn't even do that. That says enough about stevens character to me. After this post hate me if you want I'll cope. I spoke true facts if you can't handle those then too bad.
Cool story bro. Seems you know nothing. If you're looking for a fight, I'm all for it. Sorry, I forgot you weren't worth my time.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Edit: Omg...I can't believe I stooped down to using caps...

1. Why does it boil down to him?

2. Why is he the most to blame?

3. Did any of you make any effort to help the bonus pot?

4. You do realize that he's only the bad guy right now because you guys feel like there needs to be someone to blame, right?
One: he was obviously the one that supported the idea and pushed the idea ALL THE WAY THROUGH. There were times where I know I brought up that this pot was unnecessary and silly because it was taking away from OUR pockets. Steven was asking the crew to pay the out of state players to come, and the worst part is we knew it was only for the big names. I specifically said that this pot was USELESS because the last two tournaments of the No Koast series have not failed to bring in big names. You spent so much time hyping this dumb pot that you completely disregarded the fact that only the people winning could afford the entrance fee.

Two and three: it was his idea, I do think it gained support early on, but its impossible to say that the support stuck with him. I believe that we all know the few weeks, and even possibly the month leading up to No Koast showed that this pot wasn't going to happen. I said we should have tossed the idea and Steven said we couldn't because it was already promised. WHO CARES! You know what the worst case scenario would have been?!?!?! No one would have came! Just like the last Chronicles Brawl tournament! It's nothing new, he should have just dropped it.

Four: no, we're not to blame because we wanted to drop the idea, we didn't want to lose a dumb amount of money, and we didn't keep pushing it until it led to what we have now.

5. How can he fix it? It's not his fault that you guys didn't make an effort to help the pot amount out. It was agreed by a good majority of people in the Wichita group that there should be a bonus pot, so it shouldn't be his responsibility, it should be everyone's.

6. I'm tired of this "we need to blame someone" crap that you, and many other people are spewing out right now. I may be a bit biased because Steven is my friend, but it bugs the crap out of me when you people are ganging up on him for no reason at all.
The pot wasn't Steven's responsibility, it was the entire group's. So why can't the entire group take responsibility and help Ky out? Are you really that selfish and low on money that you can't help out?
Five: I never said he could fix it, not everything can be fixed. Look at what happened to the Choi family, do you expect that to be fixed? No. The best he can do is at least try, which I know that he is doing. This was a pointless extract of my argument to attack.

Six: We need to blame someone...no one ever said that. I think it's easily unanimous who we believe to be at fault. Steven himself keeps saying that we should look from both sides, I just think that he believes on his side, we cared for this pot as much as he did when we obviously didn't.

[[I'm glad you at least acknowledge that you're a bias source, I didn't want to point out how you've always supported Steven, no matter the situation. No, I don't expect that to change, but it does affect the value of your words.]]

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
at steve actions speak louder than words. And i to dance omnith pantheon or whatever other pet names your boyfriend gives you.... You won't say that **** to my face. I'm not lookin for a fight I'm jus tired of e-thug talk that's all. If you bout it then say it to my face

Omnath

Smash Ace
at steve actions speak louder than words. And i to dance omnith pantheon or whatever other pet names your boyfriend gives you.... You won't say that **** to my face. I'm not lookin for a fight I'm jus tired of e-thug talk that's all. If you bout it then say it to my face
No problem. next time I see you I'll make sure to do so. I've never had a problem with confiding with *******, you're no exception.

@Huy (cause I don't feel like quoting a ton of stuff) I recognize that people gave out on support toward the end, but how much opposition was there? How much of an effort did you guys try to make to keep the pot from happening? I actually think it was a month before that Russell (the Chronicles Convention Director) said that if we had at least 60 people, he would be able to contribute the bonus pot to Smash Bro's. It just became an enticement toward the pot, which I think ultimately led to the problem, since not enough people showed up. **** doesn't always turn out the way we want it to sadly. It just feels like all that's happening here is a blame game.

As for the reason I take Steven's side usually. It's simple, I trust his judgment better than (two examples) Zeton or Domo, for instance. If Steven loses a few tournament matches, he doesn't cry about it, he doesn't get mad at people. No nerd rage involved. Domo, I've heard a lot about. He loses in tournament and sulks. How childish can you get, if you're going to cry over a video game that doesn't matter? Zeton, hell, I saw him the other day at nokoast and he looked like he was about to cry.

It just boils down to the fact that I trust non-nerd rage over nerd rage. I think they're all cool people, but they really need to grow up and figure things out.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Personally, I don't choose sides based upon who is involved in the conflict, but rather who has the more viable argument.

I don't even want to continue this discussion with you anymore if you aren't going to back up your points. Just give me a rebuttal, not a list of questions. As far as your statement goes, about Russ telling Affinity a month in advance. I beg to differ, I don't think the raffle idea came until the last 3 weeks, so Russ' help could not have come any sooner than two weeks, maybe even the final week leading up to No Koast which I think may have been the case. Don't candy coat your arguments.

Honestly though, I think that if the entire Wichita crew posted and said that they hated the idea, Affinity wouldn't have backed down from it. I honestly don't. Let's face it, the argument was, with a bonus pot, we'll bring in bigger names, and Affinity himself loves meeting these big names more than any of us. We weren't going to stop him from doing that. None of us were.

Top Bottom