• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Yeah, no kidding. Did No Koast really kill the game for so many folks? I hope you guys bounce back.

The Real Cameron, Xyro's said everything I want to say. :) You are the only one in Wichita who can handle these events for Brawl. I'm with the the majority of the participants and had a good time and no complaints.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Haha, I wasn't trying to be a ****. Just a reminder. The reason I want it back is because a girl(!) I hang out with wants me to play it while we hang out. She's always been interested in the Metal Gear story and Mythos, but doesn't play those types of games.
Yeah, I know. I'm sorry if that sounded rude, man. I appreciate you letting me borrow it.

Happy birthday Zeton!

DeathxTouch

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no kidding. Did No Koast really kill the game for so many folks? I hope you guys bounce back.

The Real Cameron, Xyro's said everything I want to say. :) You are the only one in Wichita who can handle these events for Brawl. I'm with the the majority of the participants and had a good time and no complaints.
I agree, this isn't sympathy, but its not your fault for unexpected events. Next time someone complains, ask them to run a tournament of this caliber... Anyways I hope that you think twice about resigning from your position as a TO. Just read xyro's post and I can't say it any better. Even though I am not involved here much I'd like to list some improvements.

1. A more organized group of helpers.
2. STRICT pool leaders.
3. All tournaments need this - Some way to force people into stop friendlies and play their pool matches. The most difficult part of any tournament is to get people to cooperate with you. The only person that probably has that gift is SamuraiPanda.. That mic was definitely a plus this time though (perhaps putting things up on the projector next time if its possible?).

Sorry if this advice makes you even more angry but being straight forward is the best way to go. Once again thanks for the tournament!!

Karmacide

Smash Lord
DT, I had so much fun watching you do that Diddy ditto against Jordan(?) in our pools! Play more Diddy!

Sad face, no local midnight release for Tekken 6. Will have the game tomorrow! Tekken party at my house at 6! Oh Tekken. How I've missed you.

Some of you guys have seen me playing Battle Moon Wars on the PC and asked me about it. It's a crossover game for the Type Moon Franchises. It combines the characters from Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, Melty Blood and Kara no Kyoukai into a turn based strategy RPG. It feels close to Final Fantasy Tactics. Made by Werk, yet another fan company (ironic since one of the games it borrows from, Melty Blood, is also fan made).

The game is fun and addictive, the story is well written and stays true to the Nasuverse, the music is cool and the game features the flashiest attacks I've ever seen in a strategy game. If they ever make a crossover fighting game for Type Moon, I hope the attacks look this good!

SOME of cool Attacks in the game

UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!

Edit: There IS an English patch for Battle Moon Wars

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I could be wrong but I thought Lil Will wasn't DQed because he was up airing? And he can argue that he's simply trying not to be punished or something.

Regardless, he's dumb. The game is broken. To be clear though...I'm only quitting singles. If people want Diddy practice, I'll give it. I'm still in it for doubles.

I'd like to team with a lot of people still left if I haven't made that clear already.

I'm considering taking up Tekken 6 seriously. So gonna rock with the panda? xD God I hope she isn't bottom tier.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Maybe it's just my stubbornness or maybe its I give people credit for what they create or do, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai didn't want to kill the spirit of the players of this game. He wanted to people to have fun with it. There is always ways around the gay, (Your sig is proof enough 4rce!) People just haven't figured it out yet...or is too weak to.

I didn't become such a broken fox complaining about his move set and weak points.( Ok so I did a little bit... but I had the help and support of you guys to help me keep on going) I learned to work around it, and still have fun with this game. So I'm sticking with it, and honestly you all should stick with it too.

I'd hate to see my entire team that got me to this point disappear...

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I'm considering taking up Tekken 6 seriously. So gonna rock with the panda? xD God I hope she isn't bottom tier.
I'm SOOOOO sorry! But the Bears usually are right where you said they are. :laugh:

Mostly due to the fact that they're VERY BIG targets and get juggled forever. Don't worry though, the tiers in Tekken aren't nearly as rigid as the tiers in Smash. I don't know if you've met Peter, but he's been playing some **** awesome bears since Tekken Tag. There's a lot of pride to playing a strange character creatively.

Maybe it's just my stubbornness or maybe its I give people credit for what they create or do, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai didn't want to kill the spirit of the players of this game. There is always ways around the gay, (Your sig is proof enough 4rce!) People just haven't figured it out yet...or is too weak to.

I didn't become such a broken fox complaining about his move set and weak points.( Ok so I did a little bit... but I had the help and support of you guys to help me keep on going) I learned to work around it, and still have fun with this game. So I'm sticking with it, and honestly you all should stick with it too.

I'd hate to see my entire team that got me to this point disappear...
The problem is there's not ALWAYS ways around "the gay" in Brawl that don't involve having to learn a different character.

I don't blame Sakurai like some people do. We play the game very differently from how he had intended. People are still going to play the game here. Just some are ready to stop competitive play and play more casually instead.

DeathxTouch

Smash Apprentice
Lol me either... I have too much fun even if I get wrecked haha. If so many people are quitting then my parents would probably let me host =P.

And thanks Karma I am gonna work Diddy alot more and remind Huy and Nate what they're missing out on

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Everyone's talking about quitting "competitive" brawl, not the game in general. It's a casual game. That's how it should be played. "Competitive" brawl is a joke. I've been saying that for awhile.

Blazblue and Tekken, however, are legit son. Tuesday's the day. Get HYPE

MJG

Smash Hero
Im not quitting. I've put way to much work and effort into my character. I am going to improve my projectile game; idk how to make it any better (gayer as clel state) than it already is but we will work with it.

Next time your on AIM affinity, message me please...I have a few questions for you.

Oh yea...Diddy kong sucks *Puts up Flame Shield*

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
you know what.. im not quitting competitive brawl cause i still have to revenge kill ultimate razer.. i mean razor.. yeah ! =)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it really just boils down to something domo said

winning does not mean you are the better player.

doesn't that completely undermine competitive play? lol. sure sometimes things happen in any competitive game, the lesser skilled player "gets lucky" or the better player just gets outplayed for that one match. but you can abuse brawl so much if you really just want the win. skill isn't even as important as what kind of "playstyle" you have and how far you are willing to go to win.

i want to achieve my maximum potential but it doesn't even matter when you can minimize skill like you can in brawl...if i really wanted to, i could have domo/clel/affinity teach me mk and toss in some top level gay **** and perhaps start placing in regional tournaments. but that doesn't mean anything to me.

lil will also planked me in our tiebreaker matches btw, lol. it's not so much what happened to me, personally, but what i saw from the "best players" there. if that's what is waiting for me if/when i reach that skill level then is there really any reason to get that good?

idk there's better things we could be doing in our spare time than getting gayed in a video game. even if it just means playing a better game.

regardless this doesn't really change much since wichita rarely attends tournaments anyway lol.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I now pronounce my grey power strip stolen. Went to Northrock, combed the area, and couldn't find any power strips. The manager was nice enough to let me look up there.

This is the second power strip that was stolen from me. The first one was at OH SNAP. 'Not happy, man.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
awww that sucks i can also say me, fire, and FRS and not quitting brawl.

i hate playing gay thats why i dropped ICs when i play brawl i want people whos playing against me to have fun to so i just play normally and both players are happy (unless the other players johnning i have no control over that :p) anyways when people play gay against me it doesnt bother me as much since im used to people being gay in games and acting immature so i can easily shrug it off.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
it really just boils down to something domo said

winning does not mean you are the better player.

doesn't that completely undermine competitive play? lol. sure sometimes things happen in any competitive game, the lesser skilled player "gets lucky" or the better player just gets outplayed for that one match. but you can abuse brawl so much if you really just want the win. skill isn't even as important as what kind of "playstyle" you have and how far you are willing to go to win.

i want to achieve my maximum potential but it doesn't even matter when you can minimize skill like you can in brawl...if i really wanted to, i could have domo/clel/affinity teach me mk and toss in some top level gay **** and perhaps start placing in regional tournaments. but that doesn't mean anything to me.

lil will also planked me in our tiebreaker matches btw, lol. it's not so much what happened to me, personally, but what i saw from the "best players" there. if that's what is waiting for me if/when i reach that skill level then is there really any reason to get that good?

idk there's better things we could be doing in our spare time than getting gayed in a video game. even if it just means playing a better game.

regardless this doesn't really change much since wichita rarely attends tournaments anyway lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YNRKRtxq-s

Do we need to do this again?

Grow your hair back, then we'll talk.
I second this.

Step it up Zeton.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
And thanks Karma I am gonna work Diddy alot more and remind Huy and Nate what they're missing out on
How many times do I have to tell you...your Diddy is balls. (:

Blazblue and Tekken, however, are legit son. Tuesday's the day. Get HYPE
Teach me Blazzzzzzz

Oh yea...Diddy kong sucks *Puts up Flame Shield*
Mm my Snake.

For the next host can I have a gauntlet like Bojangles?
I was just gonna play Tekken...

that was for him leaving, not his birthday
Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
bojangles was leaving?! he was pretty good in my pool. one of the two who got a match off of me. happy b-day zeton.

Top Bottom