• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
im in the same boat. this game has become so gay that is has worn on me for a while. it started way back at genesis, watching some of the top people play, and the amount of fail some of it was really saddened me. i honestly think that that tourney had some mental effect on me, and thats why i didnt really feel the urge to play it or practice it as often, and i stagnated cause of it. no koast showed me again how bad it can get, and the game finally stopped being fun. once any game reaches that point for me i put it down. im going to pound 4 just to meet what friends i have left on the pikachu boards, then im truly done with brawl. gonna try to pick up blazblue and see how far i can go with it.

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, I think what I said fit pretty well with what I said. You were trolling and I called you out on it. The only thing you managed to do in this last post was call me stupid (which is ridiculous because I and quite a few others consider me to be fairly socially and academically apt) and tell me that just because I wasn't there it means I can't comment on it.

I'll assume **** went wrong, because nothing ever goes as smoothly as people want them to. The problem with you is that you're too inept to realize that there's a time and a place for your comments, especially when it comes to a situation like this. Kansas just lost it's TO and you make it even worse with your malicious comments, congratulations.

Maybe you should L2R Fino and maybe L2Deal with the situation properly before getting on this so-called "soapbox". I know I'm not as in tune with the brawl part of all this, but Cameron IS my friend. Back off before I bring the Fist'o'Pain down on your ***.

And I did say Steven is quitting "competitive" brawl, yet another L2R situation for you. I'm not sure what his plans are, but it's probably safe to assume that he will be focusing more on homework. I can't speak for him though, so you'll have to talk to him about it.
I was talking about him quitting as a TO, not as a brawler and how we should let someone like affinity TO if cameron is going to quit because the pressure got a little too deep.
Somehow from that, you got into talking about having a life and quitting smash (how does quitting TO equate to quitting smash?!?) and then you start saying something about steven quitting smash when I see the thread title (who can only be changed by affinity) asking about talking about new PR list. Why would someone who quit competitive smash care about a state power ranking list?

Also, I'm not too inept to realize the time and place for things. I understand exactly what I'm doing. To me, at the time, it just looked like cameron (as it seems everyone else) is going on some dramatic attention ***** posting. It's not like his mother died or anything... he had a rough day, oh well. Everyone has one, it happens. You can't let one day drag you down to quitting something you enjoy (or enjoyed). I was VERY upset when I was talking to nappy in the car; I have just as much right to ***** about what happened as he does right? Or are my freedoms limited because he had a bad day? I guess in a social situation I shouldn't be allowed to express my anger towards what happened because cameron had a bad day. I think it's because he was first...

Also, your threats mean nothing to me. lol

As for that last part, I believe I've already talked about it, but just so we're clear (your quote)
Also, (I don't like speaking for anyone, but...) Steven has a life as well. He has even declared that he's quitting competitive brawl.
Maybe I need to L2R, but I'm pretty **** sure you said steven said he's quitting competitive smash. Don't try to back track and lie about what you said. I made both parts red just so you understand how much of a dumb-**** you are being.
I bet none of you would have the courage to say anything that you just said in your little argument in real life (Except maybe Fino and Cameron).

EDIT: What happen to Type_Ex?
I agree, because if people talked to me like this IRL they would get a taste of what cameron threatened to do to me at phase 2. lol.

What happened to type_ex was that mk ftilt'd him on yoshi's and then planked the entire match. I'm surprised people are complaining about that and using it as an example of how bad the game is, because that tactic is clearly banned and that match was counted as a loss for the MK.

****, I thought I quoted other stuff.... I'll edit this in a bit

~Fino

Fino

Smash Master
I'm taking a very long hiatus / quitting brawl. I've risen my skill level to a point few can attain and I can go further if I wanted. But at this point I dnt want to. I've seen what competetive playhas turned into and I've lost interest in continuing. I've shown I can get around it but jesus does playing to win really mean playing like that? And I'm not naive enough to believe that it'll be that much better in other games. I'm starting to see how much being the best and winning aren't always synonimous.I've had fun but after watching wat happened to type ex and watchin dphat and lee in teams even though I love dphat and lee much homo lol I jus lose interest when it turns like that. Much love to all you guys I may come back later but idk. And I may have had a broken hand and not been able to play at my max no johns I give infinite thanx to affinity and cam for the tournaments you guys ran. And thank you to all the friends I made in and outta state. Love to all and to all a meta-knight lol laterz
At least domo is legit about it guys. Everyone else just sounds like a ***** when they say it.
the bottom line is that it isn't worth it anymore to travel out of state or take this game super seriously. i know it's an old argument but this game isn't supposed to be taken serious. and some of the stuff at no koast was an example of that. andy is right. always listen to the wise old man in the story!

the thread title sounds like a joke lol. steven, KPRs are even more pointless now than before.

in conclusion

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night? I hate to go and leave this pretty sight.
Was it ever worth it to travel OoS Steeler. You play PT... did you really expect it to be worth it? Did you really think, playing a bottom tier character, that you would make your moneys worth at tournaments? Heck, I play A-tier olimar and I don't expect it. I enjoyed tournaments because I got to meet new people and just had a day to enjoy smash with everyone. It was fun.
Everyone is just brawl bashing because there were a lot of gay people at the tournament. Oh, so this is what top level play is like huh? Against Lain, maybe.... don't get grabbed. That's just how ICs are. But you watch dojo, m2k, ally, adhd.... you know.. the best of the best, they don't do the gay stuff. They win the tournaments, they beat the people who play gay. Hell, the top warios and toon links don't play super gay like you see the moderately "good" ones do.
I think you guys are taking the "gay" way to seriously.
im in the same boat. this game has become so gay that is has worn on me for a while. it started way back at genesis, watching some of the top people play, and the amount of fail some of it was really saddened me. i honestly think that that tourney had some mental effect on me, and thats why i didnt really feel the urge to play it or practice it as often, and i stagnated cause of it. no koast showed me again how bad it can get, and the game finally stopped being fun. once any game reaches that point for me i put it down. im going to pound 4 just to meet what friends i have left on the pikachu boards, then im truly done with brawl. gonna try to pick up blazblue and see how far i can go with it.
johns

~Fino

Holms

Smash Ace
Lol, everyone's quitting this game because of No Koast? Geez.

As bad as this game is, I'm not quitting. I've spent WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on this game to just up and quit. Ain't happening. :p

Omnath

Smash Ace

I was talking about him quitting as a TO, not as a brawler and how we should let someone like affinity TO if cameron is going to quit because the pressure got a little too deep.
Somehow from that, you got into talking about having a life and quitting smash (how does quitting TO equate to quitting smash?!?) and then you start saying something about steven quitting smash when I see the thread title (who can only be changed by affinity) asking about talking about new PR list. Why would someone who quit competitive smash care about a state power ranking list?

I never said he was quitting smash, now did I? Seriously, putting words in my posts that aren't even there. He's well within his right to do anything he wishes, you're just being a complete **** to him for something that ran rather smoothly, but there were complications that existed that weren't that big of a deal. Sadly, you're making a huge deal out of them. You, my friend, are the reason he doesn't want to be a TO anyway, you complain about something just because it didn't benefit you.

Also, I'm not too inept to realize the time and place for things. I understand exactly what I'm doing. To me, at the time, it just looked like cameron (as it seems everyone else) is going on some dramatic attention ***** posting. It's not like his mother died or anything... he had a rough day, oh well. Everyone has one, it happens. You can't let one day drag you down to quitting something you enjoy (or enjoyed). I was VERY upset when I was talking to nappy in the car; I have just as much right to ***** about what happened as he does right? Or are my freedoms limited because he had a bad day? I guess in a social situation I shouldn't be allowed to express my anger towards what happened because cameron had a bad day. I think it's because he was first...

Trolling him on it doesn't help the issue. It's how you said it, not what you said. We realize there were mistakes, but it absolutely looks like you're being a **** about it.

Also, your threats mean nothing to me. lol

Threats are one thing, but if you're ****in with my friends in an ill manner, that's another. Also, if the only threats you can make are in brawl, that's a sad story, I'm sorry to tell you.

As for that last part, I believe I've already talked about it, but just so we're clear (your quote)

I said the same thing twice. He's quitting competitive brawl. He's told me this, he's even told several smashers this. College trumps Super Smash Brothers, but I never said he was quitting it altogether. Who knows though, he may not? All I know is, he told me that he was quitting because brawl was getting in the way of college. He's a good friend of mine, so I get a lot of information DIRECTLY from him. Not just speculation.

Maybe I need to L2R, but I'm pretty **** sure you said steven said he's quitting competitive smash. Don't try to back track and lie about what you said. I made both parts red just so you understand how much of a dumb-**** you are being.
~Fino
Yes, I said he's quitting competitive brawl, both times. I'm not lying, why would I lie about this? This post is ridiculous unless you have gotten the information directly from Steven himself. Maybe you should talk to him?

GUYS, BREAKING NEWS, FINO'S JUST UPSET THAT HE WON'T HAVE ANYMORE PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY COMPETITIVE BRAWL WITH HIM ANYMORE.

MJG

Smash Hero
Lol, everyone's quitting this game because of No Koast? Geez.

As bad as this game is, I'm not quitting. I've spent WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on this game to just up and quit. Ain't happening. :p
Same here. My character is hard work yo.

And fino..I hope you weren't referring to me as a super gay player...i don't consider myself a top toonlink

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler

Was it ever worth it to travel OoS Steeler. You play PT... did you really expect it to be worth it? Did you really think, playing a bottom tier character, that you would make your moneys worth at tournaments? Heck, I play A-tier olimar and I don't expect it. I enjoyed tournaments because I got to meet new people and just had a day to enjoy smash with everyone. It was fun.
you are a little dumb. :) my reason is the same as everyone else's, it just isn't as fun as it used to be. just as it isn't for domo. or stealth. or 4rce. my main has nothing to do with it. i obviously don't expect to win tournaments either. i go to meet new people and enjoy smash just as you do. but what's the point if i don't enjoy smash?

it seems you just want to pick a fight with people or something. i suggest you don't.

i love arkive and 8bit and it's been too long since i've seen you guys. :[

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
also

Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk *** white boy. Come here and tell me that, I'll **** you in your *** you punk white boy. You ******. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I'll eat your ******* alive, you *****. C'mon anybody in here can't **** with this. This is the ultimate, man. **** you, you ho. Come and say it to my face.... I'll **** you in the *** in front of everybody. You *****.... come on, you *****. You're scared coward, you're not man enough to **** with me. You can't last two minutes in my world, *****. Look at you scared now, you ho.... scared like a little white *****. Scared of the real man. I'll **** you 'til you love me, ******

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwFW834Mrcc

MIKE TYSON TOO GOOD

Fino

Smash Master
Same here. My character is hard work yo.

And fino..I hope you weren't referring to me as a super gay player...i don't consider myself a top toonlink
I see you play, and you throw projectiles, but you lead it up with Z-airs nairs, bairs, and a whole ton of other moves. You can't call that gay at all, your TL is legit.
I never said he was quitting smash, now did I? Seriously, putting words in my posts that aren't even there. He's well within his right to do anything he wishes, you're just being a complete **** to him for something that ran rather smoothly, but there were complications that existed that weren't that big of a deal. Sadly, you're making a huge deal out of them. You, my friend, are the reason he doesn't want to be a TO anyway, you complain about something just because it didn't benefit you.

[/color]

Trolling him on it doesn't help the issue. It's how you said it, not what you said. We realize there were mistakes, but it absolutely looks like you're being a **** about it.

[/color]

Threats are one thing, but if you're ****in with my friends in an ill manner, that's another. Also, if the only threats you can make are in brawl, that's a sad story, I'm sorry to tell you.

[/color]

I said the same thing twice. He's quitting competitive brawl. He's told me this, he's even told several smashers this. College trumps Super Smash Brothers, but I never said he was quitting it altogether. Who knows though, he may not? All I know is, he told me that he was quitting because brawl was getting in the way of college. He's a good friend of mine, so I get a lot of information DIRECTLY from him. Not just speculation.

Yes, I said he's quitting competitive brawl, both times. I'm not lying, why would I lie about this? This post is ridiculous unless you have gotten the information directly from Steven himself. Maybe you should talk to him?

GUYS, BREAKING NEWS, FINO'S JUST UPSET THAT HE WON'T HAVE ANYMORE PEOPLE WANTING TO PLAY COMPETITIVE BRAWL WITH HIM ANYMORE.
You post is incredibly vague.... you say he has a life other than smash, he can quit whenever he wants. To me it reads that he's quitting smash. And I never complained to cameron at he tournament other than asking he move us in bracket cause MJG and I would play stealth forth. I didn't get upset until late in the night (still never confronted cameron), and I didn't get pissed until the car ride home. So you saying I'm the reason he's quitting TO would be a lie.

Also, where did this "Also, if the only threats you can make are in brawl, that's a sad story, I'm sorry to tell you." garbage come from. Do you seriously pull this **** out of your *** when you argue? lol, you confirm my statement about you being a ******* every time you post. lol.

Why would someone who isn't interested in competitive smash want to start Power Rankings?

Also, I don't understand what that last part was supposed to get at. lol, I honestly feel like I'm arguing with a little attention ***** kid not to mention and utter ******.
You do know that I don't have anyone to play competitive smash with anyways right? I live 3 hours away from the only decent smash scene. Other than that I have Stealth, who is just boring to play, and MJG... which just never seems to work out cause he's grounded from the game. I've been without a competitive smash scene for almost 6 months or so. I'll definitely QQ if people 3 hours away from me quit the game.... that really affects me right?
This will never end because you're just going to keep beating it, because you have no better arguing mechanism. You even mentioned it yourself on the last page (indirectly). So this is the part where I click the ignore posts on your profile and just relieve myself from this argument ******ry. Honestly, I said what I wanted to cam and that is all. Post a response... I won't be able to read it, so enjoy typing.

~Fino[/COLOR]

Omnath

Smash Ace
lol Looks like Fino is just gonna be a candy-*** little ***** and walk away from something he started up.

Night everyone, hope you all realize that Fino is just as ridiculous as he seems, if not more. :laugh:

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Sadly I will have to say I agree with everything that people have been saying here. I will probably quit playing competitive smash, but I do love playing this game just to have fun. Ive known that brawl hasnt been a legit competitive game for a while, but hoped that things would get better as the meta game continued, I had my doubts when I first saw it, and I must say, I am not suprised at all to see where being "good" at this game has gone to.

After walking around to all the tv's, I happened to walk past the typ_ex vs lil will match, and what I saw nearly pushed me over the edge. 2 minutes left typ_ex at 13% and lil will at 3% both having 3 stocks, and lil will is planking the edge of yoshi's island. Watching that crushed what little hope I had for this game, but in competitive (if you wanna call it that) smash, that is the way some people go just so they can "win", by their terms of "winning". I am most likely gonna try other fighter games such as blaz blue, melty blood, and possibly even tekken to see how I can play at those, but as for competitive smash, I'm done.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sadly I will have to say I agree with everything that people have been saying here. I will probably quit playing competitive smash, but I do love playing this game just to have fun. Ive known that brawl hasnt been a legit competitive game for a while, but hoped that things would get better as the meta game continued, I had my doubts when I first saw it, and I must say, I am not suprised at all to see where being "good" at this game has gone to.

After walking around to all the tv's, I happened to walk past the typ_ex vs lil will match, and what I saw nearly pushed me over the edge. 2 minutes left typ_ex at 13% and lil will at 3% both having 3 stocks, and lil will is planking the edge of yoshi's island. Watching that crushed what little hope I had for this game, but in competitive (if you wanna call it that) smash, that is the way some people go just so they can "win", by their terms of "winning". I am most likely gonna try other fighter games such as blaz blue, melty blood, and possibly even tekken to see how I can play at those, but as for competitive smash, I'm done.
Sorry Kansas to just jump into your topic, but I was watching this too, I think right behind you Chaos. That was ridiculous. Brawl is pretty much a joke of a fighting game really...at least that's what I think. I didn't even enter singles because I didn't want to deal with that stuff. At least in doubles you have less of it (hopefully).

Also, good job to all the Kansas players. : )

Fino

Smash Master

You know... the tactic is banned.... so your stomach turning sour over it is kind of pointless right?
Complain more plz

~Fino

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i want to say you're missing the point but i could be wrong. when people realized that inferno did not enforce a ledge grab limit, thats when people thought they could do this. it was just unfortunate that excessive stalling is generally another rule.

Holms

Smash Ace
Lol, I love plankers. Be quick and you can grab the ledge before they do; usually surprises them. Or go Zero Suit and down smash them to free down b spike. :p

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Sorry Kansas to just jump into your topic, but I was watching this too, I think right behind you Chaos. That was ridiculous. Brawl is pretty much a joke of a fighting game really...at least that's what I think. I didn't even enter singles because I didn't want to deal with that stuff. At least in doubles you have less of it (hopefully).

Also, good job to all the Kansas players. : )
I love everything about your signature. Also, I have to say you were one of the best people to host, even if you were one of the loudest lol.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm sorry a million times over, I am. My memory's been **** lately, with the move, NO KOAST, and work, and many other things occupying my mind.
Haha, I wasn't trying to be a ****. Just a reminder. The reason I want it back is because a girl(!) I hang out with wants me to play it while we hang out. She's always been interested in the Metal Gear story and Mythos, but doesn't play those types of games.

You just had to see it. Andy's had it right the whole time, jus playin friendlies at his house lol. We should of listened.
andy is right. always listen to the wise old man in the story!
As much as I like being told I was right, you guys make me sound preachy! I like Brawl. I still do.

I play all games for fun. Even Tekken.

Lol, I love plankers. Be quick and you can grab the ledge before they do; usually surprises them. Or go Zero Suit and down smash them to free down b spike. :p
I don't think all characters can do that against a MK D:

Omnath

Smash Ace
Hey Andy, I'd love to play any of those other fighters with you and anyone else that plays em. I'm just worried that I might be moving to Walton, KS here pretty soon, lol.

Also, guess what guys?! I get to sleep in a hookah shop tonight! Go middle eastern people go! They're letting me stay here till I find a place to stay! lol

Clel

Smash Journeyman
on tonight's episode of Ranting with Clel :bee:

I see and understand many of the takes on Brawl, but in one of 4rce's posts is an example of what I wanted to test going into that tourney, "It's not the more skilled player who wins, but the smarter (gayer) player". Normally when I'm in a jam I focus all my skill for a comeback - all games it worked like a charm considering I'm a very skilled and precise gamer so it became very natural for me. In brawl I was instead met with upset after upset, and using MK I started suiciding alot as I got tensed, when normally being tensed was when I did best.

I like seeing who is more skilled, I love Final D. and dittos, I feel more inclined to compete when everything is fair. But at No koast I really wanted to see what would happen if I did immoral stuff whenever I normally would rely on skill, as Fox I laser camped Nicole when she beat my MK with Peach. Against Dphat and Lee Martin I planked alongside Dphat letting Zeton fight Lee 1v1. I did incredibly gay stuff to minimize my chances of losing to other players too sometimes even before I saw they stood a chance. On the bright side I have completely no johns for my losses, and it's not even that I want to john but "johning's bad" so I'm not going to - my losses were based upon poor judgement and faulty skill on my part. Despite that, I know I placed better than I would have (I wouldn't have gotten past Nicole so that's 25th?).

No I'm not quitting, No Koast v2 didn't phase me at all. I agreed to everything this game represented and would grow to represent from the moment I bought it and I won't stray away, I will keep up with the best - even if I'm complete **** in tourney and everyone thinks I'm an easy scrub. I can't be beaten bad enough and playing gay can't overrule skill enough.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Bummer, Zeton. Same thing happened to me when the Kirksville people invaded this thread and started complaining about MK.

But anyway, happy birthday to you.

I know of a game that I can play without getting so mad at the opponents and their gayness. It's cooperative so that everyone wins, and you keep playing until you beat the level. I love the respawn feature the game has, so it's like having infinite stocks. Up to 16 people can join in on the game, and there are several hundred levels out there for people to explore.

My only two gripes about this game is when someone blasts me into enemy fire while I have my rocket launcher out, or when someone accidentally teleports on me. But that's okay, since I have infinite stocks.

Wanna know what it's called? You guessed it: ZDaemon.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Holy ****, going to sleep at 4pm yesterday caused me to miss a lot on here lol

[Steven] has even declared that he's quitting competitive brawl.
When did I say this?

I may have mentioned thinking about it, but if I did it must have been quite a while ago. I've been feeling on the top of my game for a while now. NKv2 only makes me want to play more and place higher more often.

...while Steve played friendlies...
Yeah, I played friendlies. It's a smash tournament. What's wrong with that?

Every time you asked me for help, I helped. Every time you asked me to take over the bracket or to call out matches, I did. Sorry I couldn't do anything else >_>

...or [Steven] complained that the McDonald's that I had ordered for him on my friend's own time to get it isn't good enough for him.
Wasn't good enough for me? When the **** did I say that?

After you asked me if I wanted anything from Mcdonald's, I gave you a dollar for a plain McChicken, and got one that wasn't plain; it's a huge OCD thing. I asked if you your sister had time to take it back for a plain one because she's the one that bought it. When you said she couldn't take it back, I didn't say anything or complain. I sold it to 4rce and waited until much later to get Chipotle.

4rce, Sam, and Aqua can back me up on this.

...or Steven telling off my Sister (or so she told it to me) over a projection screen when we were being threatened to get thrown out of the venue because we might have had to move it.
WTF?! If anything, she told me off. I was playing a pools match against Afro or a MM against Fino (can't remember), and I hear her yell at me, "HEY STEVE! MOVE YOUR ****!" All I said in response was, "Not right now, I'm busy" because I was in an important match.

Get your facts straight before posting falsities like this. Most people, including you, should know that I would never "tell someone off" like that, especially in that kind of a situation.

Affinity, you're on your own.
k. Maybe NK tournament tio files won't get deleted in childish TO rage from now on.

On the side of all this drama...it's my Birthday today...yay? (apparently not...) -_-;:ohwell:
Happy Birthday Zeton! :)

To everyone saying that they're gonna quit Brawl, that's fine. It's your decision. I wish you all the best and I hope to keep in contact with you all.

-Steven

xDarkZhaox

Smash Cadet
Hey Andy, I'd love to play any of those other fighters with you and anyone else that plays em. I'm just worried that I might be moving to Walton, KS here pretty soon, lol.

Also, guess what guys?! I get to sleep in a hookah shop tonight! Go middle eastern people go! They're letting me stay here till I find a place to stay! lol

you know wat that means.... free hookah all night long !! (can i come by?)

- can any1 give me results to the no koast tournament and vids??-0

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Steve you did not just call me childish when you throw a fit everytime you lose a game on a laggy TV in friendlies. And whenever I asked you for help you took quite a while to get around to doing it, or "forgot" entirely. I don't know what tournament YOU were at but you havent done any actual TO work ever before anyway, everybody knows I do the work at the tournament and you sit around and pretend to do stuff. Hell at NK1 you held up two entire brackets to play laser tag when left in charge of a doubles bracket.

As for the sandwich, that led to you taking over an hour to get food, the reason we got you food in the first place so you wouldnt **** around at a resturant that takes forever again like you always do. I'm not going to sit here and argue with you anymore (mostly because I don't really care what you think about me).

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Random Johning =/= Throwing a fit

There's no point in arguing about this with you, especially when you need to bring up irrelevant details about past events to attempt to logically counter my points.

Fin.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just so you guys know, I'm -not- going to be running anymore wichita smash tournaments from now on. The treatment I received during this event was so mind-blowingly terrible that I cannot even bring myself to fathom why I should do this to myself anymore. I might feel differently about this later but I don't really see that as I've been getting **** slung at me for two days now and it's continueing well into day three now. I was really looking forward to joining forces with the Southwest to do something new and cool but now I don't even want to think about running anything with tio ever again This was just bum-****ing-awful as an experience for me.

So let me get this straight.....

You put out HUGE amounts of TIME, EFFORT, MONEY, MATERIAL ITEMS and all you get in return is complaining/*****ing/treating you like ****, rude comments, and almost no "Thank you, i had a fun time." It seems like the players take you for granted instead of realizing that YOU DONT HAVE to do ANY of this but you choose to because you love the game/community and you want them to get better at brawl.

Does any of that^ describe whats going on? If so, i want to help you out because i get the very same treatment here and there at HOBOs. In fact, TOs all over the place get this same treatment. Though its WRONG its just "part of the job." Over time, people end up taking what you do for granted and if seeding is what THEY want, your stupid. If it doesnt finish when THEY want, your a horrible TO. If certain stages are banned and THEY dont like it, the treat you like ****. This is 100% wrong but the players do it any way. There are ways you can deal with this without "jumping ship."

I recommend you TRY what i do, tell them its YOUR event and you will run it YOUR WAY with YOUR rules and if they dont like it, they can eat ****, go hold thier own events(trust me, they wont) and then eat an extra helping of **** for good measure.

OR

You can take a step back and look at what TRULY went wrong. Was it seeding? Time management? Set-ups? Pot issues? If its something like that, apologize to the players(and mean it) and make sure its fixed next time around.

Overall, i TOTALLY understand why you feel the way you do and why you are considering jumping ship. Some times, bad events just push you over the edge and your like "F-this ****, im done" but PLEASE reconsider. It takes a SPECIAL person to run events the way you and me do. Its not like ANYBODY can do what we do or put up with what we have to put up with. All i ask is that you sleep on this for a day or 2 and take a 2nd look after all of this has blown over(and it will).you are good at what you do but we all have bad events, let it go and start over.

ATTN PLAYERS: I know ALOT of you really respect inferno and love his events but would it hurt to let him KNOW that? Just taking a second out of your day to give him a "thank you" or "man, this tourney is awesome!" can literally make a huge difference. As for the people who constantly *****, how about you try talking to him about improving the event instead of *****ing? If you have a problem with ANYTHING, the TO(inferno) is there to solve it. Being rude to him doesnt not fix the problem. Please be more patient.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
In my opinion, this was the best handled tourney i have been to (sorry xyro =(). If i could offer one idea though. you may have already done it.

Before you start brackets/pools, get representatives from every state to ensure that nobody is facing each other. I know this was done in brackets, but i still faced an oklahoma person anyway due to the software used.

Fino

Smash Master
and fino calls me boring to play LOL. hes just mad i sandbagged him constantly, and beat him with lucario while doing it LOL
Hey, I wonder why you've haven't placed higher than me in tournament for quite a long time then. I mean... you didn't even make it out of pools at no koast. Kind of makes you think whether or not you sandbag :laugh:
Also, do I need to bring up those nights where your pikachu has such a hard time getting past 40 on my second stock?
Playing someone who just knows my play style in and out IS boring. Sometimes I have to do really stupid ****, and that only makes me worse as a player. If saying you sandbag makes you feel better about yourself go on ahead and say it. lol, just try to back it up with results in tournament ;)

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master
Man, this thread is depressing. Guess I missed most of the gay **** at this tournament. Or maybe it's just that I play Olimar, so I'm the one doing gay ****. Either way, I hope all the people that are quitting change their minds. Also, Fino is being a ****, but he is right in pointing out that Lil' Will's punkass **** made him lose the match.

Top Bottom