• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Dekar173

Justice Man
Good luck to the KS crew, and to all the oos in keeping dat M2K from winning this tourney.

I'm calling it right now, someone with a D and 4 letters in their handle is gonna win it :)

fragbait

Smash Master
Actually, incorrect. Domo got Knocked out a couple rounds before Semis if I remember correctly.
Ratman survived longest, taking 5th (?), losing to Lain. When we left, the tourney wasn't over. There's 3 rounds of singles left to play, which are taking place right now at Cameron's house. Doubles winners were DPhat and Lee Martin.

Correct any of this if I'm wrong guys. Shoutouts tomorrow.
Oh, M2K wasn't there.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Just so you guys know, I'm -not- going to be running anymore wichita smash tournaments from now on. The treatment I received during this event was so mind-blowingly terrible that I cannot even bring myself to fathom why I should do this to myself anymore. I might feel differently about this later but I don't really see that as I've been getting **** slung at me for two days now and it's continueing well into day three now. I was really looking forward to joining forces with the Southwest to do something new and cool but now I don't even want to think about running anything with tio ever again This was just bum-****ing-awful as an experience for me.

Depster

Smash Champion
Mr. Doom I never got to play you last night =0. You left before I said anything lol

Man that was a lot of fun last night, I'm really glad I got to go.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
oh cool i saw a yoshi with the dep tag and i was like "hmm that sounds familiar"

i am not good at this game

ripple took my shoes. **** it.

Holms

Smash Ace
Page leet. Yay

And Ratman lies. He did pretty darn well. At least he didn't struggle like me; I barely got out of pools.

Omnath

Smash Ace
lol Maybe I'm glad I didn't go. Might have been a terrible waste of money for me. :p Did most of the people we knew make it out of pools?

Oh, and I got kicked out of my house.

Holms

Smash Ace
dang...I got moved to this page, so no page leet.

I think only two or three of us didn't get out of pools, but I don't know. Some of us got stupid easy pools while others like me got decent/hard pools.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
meh ive had one of the hardest pool at just about every tourney i go to, and ive gotten out of pools at every tourney ive been too all the way back to kahoka, no johns for not getting out of this one. i will say though that this was the hardest tourney in regards to average skill level that i have ever been too, even more then genesis

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Never losing to a Diddy ever.
Yeah dude, you got that match up down. I really thought my improvements were gonna set me ahead of you but I can't perfect shield ****. ):

Misfortune continues to smile upon me. When will I ever break this cycle of destitution?
I heard what happened to your gear...I can't believe it. It's so ridiculous. Does anything still function right?

I think only two or three of us didn't get out of pools, but I don't know. Some of us got stupid easy pools while others like me got decent/hard pools.
Yeah. I found pools awkwardly "balanced" but what can you do, right?

ours was hard, any pool with ratman, holmes, and kirk will be hard. throw in some other good people and yeah :/
Were any of us in pool 3? I remember hearing that one and just being like :0 I was scared of my pools though, I remember asking Steven not to play me until the end just in case I needed points to make it out. But I somehow managed to tie for 2nd so it's all good.

Oh, if you guys didn't hear I think No Koast v2 is gonna be my last "serious" smash tournament. The games just progressed to where it's not to where who plays better but rather who plays "smarter" or in this case "gayer" would be synonymous. Even if we find ways around these tactics, more ridiculous ones come up and I hate it.

I'm going to play doubles simply because it's slightly more balanced and infinitely more fun in my opinion. I think I perform better in doubles anyway and it's the only aspect of Smash I want to improve in as of now. Maybe my viewpoint will change later on, but for now this is how I feel.

[[If I was supposed to mm you and you still want it, I don't really mind since I said I would. Just ask.]]

Holms

Smash Ace
Everything still works so far. But we've decided not to bring our gear anymore. Pop got spilled all over it, and whoever did it left it sitting in our bag full of our stuff. We're lucky nothing got damaged. Oh, and someone stole Mr. Doom's power strip.

Omnath

Smash Ace
That sucks dude. You found a place to stay I'm assuming since you have net access?

Also Steve, I didn't team with Gotan at NO KOAST. Teamed with Degyn.
Sort of, my friend Ishi said that she has space in her house for me, so I'm probably going to end up living there for a while. 200 a month, not a bad price. Also, we're splitting it 3 ways so, it should be good.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm going to go completely insane if I don't move out of this house soon.

I feel like I'm going to break down mentally if my mom keeps screaming and hassling me to the extreme every single day, and it's only getting worse now.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
i know its a sad world out there now :(

i did pretty bad in pools (barely got out D: ) then lost the first 2 matches in brackets (lol i almost beat ur DDD Inferno lol......almost.....208% wtf dude D: )

and......my knees hurt like a *****

CPhame

Smash Rookie
Did anyone forget a PS3 six axis controller or silver PS1 controller? We weren't sure who they belonged to so I'm holding them at my "estate".

Great tourney Cameron. Was super impressed, plus that mic saved my *** so many times that night. Good ****.

Fino

Smash Master
Why in the freaking world was I (a second seed) put against a 3rd seed first round?!?
I heard so many bull**** first round seeding issues. I think we should let affinity or someone else run the midwest/southwest circuit since inferno cannot handle doing brackets correctly (on top of his emotional problems), and the fact that he's rage quitting TO because people complained a little bit here and there. He's already making a statement for attention by posting he's not going to do it anymore and taking his "Tournament Organizer" status on swf off - which I think is a bit extreme / silly.

~Fino

Omnath

Smash Ace
Why in the freaking world was I (a second seed) put against a 3rd seed first round?!?
I heard so many bull**** first round seeding issues. I think we should let affinity or someone else run the midwest/southwest circuit since inferno cannot handle doing brackets correctly (on top of his emotional problems), and the fact that he's rage quitting TO because people complained a little bit here and there. He's already making a statement for attention by posting he's not going to do it anymore and taking his "Tournament Organizer" status on swf off - which I think is a bit extreme / silly.

~Fino
It's possible that he's well within his right to do so? I wasn't there at the tournament, so I don't know what happened, but Cameron has a life other than smash. He can quit anytime he wants, especially if people aren't giving him the respect he deserves for putting on such a huge tournament.

Also, (I don't like speaking for anyone, but...) Steven has a life as well. He has even declared that he's quitting competitive brawl. If you knew what it was like for him, you probably be /agreeing with him instead of worsening the situation by making a post about how the TO can't just quit because there were a few problems.

Cameron is a responsible and emotionally adept person, he's good for the job. But if he needs to move on, then that's his situation and we should just accept this.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
At this moment, I am totally ticked off. I am very close to throwing something at full force.
I'm going to go completely insane if I don't move out of this house soon.

I feel like I'm going to break down mentally if my mom keeps screaming and hassling me to the extreme every single day, and it's only getting worse now.
.... everyone is quitting Smash.
Sad face.

~Fino
Don't be so one sided here. You have to give Cameron some credit because he has to do two things here. Not only does he have to worry about placing seeds correctly but he has to organize the bracket by location. I know there was a lot of commotion because Cameron seeded one part of the bracket by pool placement but that made it to where Lain had to face UTD (round 2) and then Ultimate Razer (round 3) which I believe is unfair. I don't think this has any weight but you were a third seed, not a second. Which is strange because that means it was third seed vs. third seed. I do agree that brackets shouldn't work like that, but it's better than throwing people from the same region together. Which again...happened a lot for Kansas teams. ):

Top Bottom