• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, somebody find a way to get M2K to come on a flight to Kansas for cheap. He'll go to the Event 52 tournament scheduled in the KC area.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
'Just evolved my Servine into Serperior.

Too bad he's not shiny.

>_> Now I should consider focusing on my other pokes which are at level 27.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol im raising all my guys equally. servine, gigalith, tranquill at level twenty six, axew at level nineteen and frillish at seventeen. currently raising axew and frillish up

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm using the Lucky Egg to boost whoever needs it right now. I can't believe they just ****ing hand you this item lol. So anyway, I caught a shiny. What have you guys been up to?

Depster

Smash Champion
Sooo... Is it too late to reconsider going to WHOBO? I've started to feel like I should take this opportunity, despite not getting much out of it.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well it will cost you a lot more. If the guys have room for you and you have the money and time (it's a 3-day event) then I do recommend going. It's the best kind of tournament experience you can get.

Depster

Smash Champion
The only reason I originally decided not to go was the same reason that I can't make it to all the local things: religious reasons revolving around Friday night and Saturday. If I went, I'd be done Friday night at probably about 8 and wouldn't be able to start up again until Saturday night at 8. At least I'd get to play Melee on Sunday...

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Haha, yeah I immediately thought of you. It's a Shiny, Adamant Axew. I can't seem to find a reliable IV calculator out there, but they seem to be pretty low if that makes you feel better. (I also would have preferred a plus speed nature, but come on...it's ****ing shiny!)`

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Haha, yeah I immediately thought of you. It's a Shiny, Adamant Axew. I can't seem to find a reliable IV calculator out there, but they seem to be pretty low if that makes you feel better. (I also would have preferred a plus speed nature, but come on...it's ****ing shiny!)`
Lucky ******* also you guys suck I am at the end of the game already it's legit.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey, somebody find a way to get M2K to come on a flight to Kansas for cheap. He'll go to the Event 52 tournament scheduled in the KC area.
I already told him I'd pick him up if it's cheaper to fly into Nebraska even.

MJG and Thugz and his friend Mitchell are for sure coming, but there's a lot of chances I may not be able to make it, mostly because I'm paying $ out the *** randomly for lots of **** at the same time that my paycheck got messed up, ****. If I can get stuff cleared up, I'll come, but if not, I'll hopefully be hanging out with sassy elevator lady.

Gamegenie, if I don't go, I'd drive you to Lincoln if you paid for my gas and swear to God you will get your drivers license before May.

MASSIVE ANNOYING TEXTED EDIT: HE HAS A CAR!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
How. DARE. You. How. FREAKING. DARE. You. I rage reset for two days (actually around 30 hours), and I don't get a shiny. Yet you just randomly run across a shiny Axew? I'm so raging right now. Salt's pouring from my eyes. You cannot grasp the true saltiness of Mr. Doom!

After I was done raging, I threw an Ultra Ball at a low HP Klink. The ball wiggled only once before it clicked. I guess they programmed the game to do that if it's a sure capture.

Edit: Just looked it up. Apparently, they call it a Critical Capture. lol

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
How. DARE. You. How. FREAKING. DARE. You. I rage reset for two days (actually around 30 hours), and I don't get a shiny. Yet you just randomly run across a shiny Axew? I'm so raging right now. Salt's pouring from my eyes. You cannot grasp the true saltiness of Mr. Doom!

After I was done raging, I threw an Ultra Ball at a low HP Klink. The ball wiggled only once before it clicked. I guess they programmed the game to do that if it's a sure capture.

lol. It's usually better just to Masudo anyway. You can get yourself some better IVs that way. I haven't had a critical capture yet, I have no idea what causes it beyond that you always get one on Dream World pokemon.

Current Status: 7 Badges (at Dragonspiral Tower)

Krokorok (KillerCroc) lvl 37
Gurdurr (Blockbustr) lvl 39
Zebstrika (Lightning) lvl 39
Frillish (PhantmLady) lvl 32
Victini (Firebrand) lvl 38
Axew (Shado) lvl 29

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

You think that's BS, one of my friends found a shiny Dratini on the 4th day HGSS 1st release week out then a shiny Tangela 2 days after that in the same week.

MJG

Smash Hero
Important!!@#$%^&^%$#@!

WHOBO TRIP

Ok so right now we have myself, Domo, Mr. Doom, Holms, Zeton and Bpx going to Whobo 3 in houston, TX. As of right now, we are going in Zeton's 1998 Izuzu trooper. As far as gas goes, it is going to cost us roughly 140-150 to go from Wichita to Houston,TX (not including the return trip). Just thought I would make this clear so that everyone was aware of what is going on. Also, we plan on leaving on Thursday at 6 (or 7 if something causes a delay)?

ALSO, we are staying with Shadow1PJ and he will be riding with us to the venue, which is 40 minutes or so from his place.

That is all...

EDIT: Nvm, bpx isn't coming with us anymore.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I talked with shadowpj last night. It's only 20 min to the venue from his place.

Can I come too? Seriousness, I really wanna find a way to make it work
If you have your end of money and get to my place at the designated time, it can work.

Depster

Smash Champion
Important post ready go!

Well, considering I won't play smash Friday night or Saturday till the evening due to religious stuff, it's going to be a stretch for me to go. I'm going to have to find a way to account for that or else I won't be going. I know it's going to cost a lot, but I really don't care because if I go it will basically be for fun and spring break and what not. Honestly, the only reason I reconsidered going was because I'm probably never going to get the chance to do this again. Since it would be impossible/awkward to be back at shadowpj's by 7:40 Friday night and stay there by myself until 7:40 the next night and somehow get back, I think the only way I could go would be to get a room there for Friday night (maybe Saturday night too) so I could have a place to go and still have access to the venue when I needed it. Since this is my spring break and stuff and would be getting a room myself, I was wondering that if I did that, would anyone want to stay there with me? Cost isn't an issue for me (my mom will probably end up paying for most of this, she likes me getting out and being social) so I don't expect or want to be paid back for the room.

Also, is it 6 am or pm?

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Hey, idk if you guys are interested, or if this is old news. But I talked to the people at Lazyday Games and they are strongly considering hosting smash tourneys at there place. I told them that there are plenty of kansas players that would show up and maybe we could host a no koast their or something. But yeah if you guys havnt been there that place is pretty cool. They were really interested in all of you guys though. After talking to the owner he is going to throw a tourney in a couple weeks. Something like 10 venue fee and 5 dollars a person for singles or doubles. But he said one of you guys could go talk to him about how it should be organized.

Blargy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, idk if you guys are interested, or if this is old news. But I talked to the people at Lazyday Games and they are strongly considering hosting smash tourneys at there place. I told them that there are plenty of kansas players that would show up and maybe we could host a no koast their or something. But yeah if you guys havnt been there that place is pretty cool. They were really interested in all of you guys though. After talking to the owner he is going to throw a tourney in a couple weeks. Something like 10 venue fee and 5 dollars a person for singles or doubles. But he said one of you guys could go talk to him about how it should be organized.
OLD NEWS

Jeez :p

and WTF that video is so messed up but funny....

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Depster, you should check the WHOBO schedule, because your religious schedule will not allow you to even compete in any of the events for saturday for sure and most likely not even 1v1 pools on Friday. So, unless you could put that aside, you might have a huge problem there.

Depster

Smash Champion
That's the biggest issue, lol. I just don't know when I'll ever have the chance to do something like this again...

Top Bottom