• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That's a long way from here... Plus, the brawl tournament is on Sunday.

Edit: Only in GameStop Stores: Get a Pikachu-Colored Pichu

Bring your DS or DSi and your Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl or Pokémon Platinum game to a GameStop store January 30 - February 14 to receive a Pikachu-colored Pichu. Also, pre-order Pokémon HeartGold to get a free Ho-Oh figure, or pre-order Pokémon SoulSilver to get a free Lugia figure, while supplies last. Available March 14.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So. St Louis.

Who's driving?

Who's going?

When are we leaving on Friday?

Are we staying at Fino's Friday night or St. Louis?

Are we heading back right after the tournament or staying the night St. Louis Saturday night?

Important questions me thinks.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So. St. Louis.

I want to drive, I want to go, we're probably leaving at 6pm, we're probably staying at Fibo's Friday night, and I don't know about the answer to the last question. It depends on whether or not people want to leave after the tourney.

Important answers methinks.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I am so bored!

But I'm stuck in Hutchinson!

Also, not sure if I'll still be able to make to HD or not, hopefully things turn out well with why I'm stuck here atm.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So. St. Louis.

I want to drive, I want to go, we're probably leaving at 6pm, we're probably staying at Fibo's Friday night, and I don't know about the answer to the last question. It depends on whether or not people want to leave after the tourney.

Important answers methinks.
Amazing post is amazing.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I want to go but I need to be back in town by sunday morning.

Edit: I still don't have a partner either.
Nynja has the same problem. If Nynja goes, I go.
Then it's settled. We're leaving St. Louis right after the tournament.

Would it be better to drive that night to Fino's, then drive to Wichita the next morning? Or to just drive straight back?

I think the first option is better. Since we have an inbetween point, I think we should use it.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Whew...came up with the money... I'll be able to drive to and attend HD.
^_^ glad to hear it.

Then it's settled. We're leaving St. Louis right after the tournament.
<3

I ran into a few issues yesterday. It'll be ready by tomorrow latest.
I'll probably just install it when we stop at Fino's for the night.

If we leave at 6:00pm Friday night, that would be really convenient for me. That way I could make it to at least half of practice and then get a shower in before I meet up with you all. I'll talk to Nate tonight to finalize everything.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
From the schedule I'm going to be on, If we stopped, we wouldn't get back to Wichita until after when I would need to be back (which as I noted was Sunday morning, not early afternoon). I imagine Nate needs to be back in time for work in the morning as well. If we drove straight through, assuming we left at the typical 11-midnight time when these things usually start to end if on schedule, we would arrive in wichita between 6 and 7 am already. It's almost a seven hour drive to St. Louis, I think we need to keep that in mind there.

Edit: Ninja'd by nate. Irony.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
For the record, whenever anyone goes up to help seed wichita, seed me REALLY FAR from whatever hell hole Mr. Doom puts himself in, he's just masochistic lol

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Since I'm making such a big deal about Nate going. If Nate does decide he can make the trip and still have enough energy to work, I'll be willing to drive for part of the way back to Wichita...assuming I have someone help me with directions...and that the owner of the car is alright with me driving.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Since I'm making such a big deal about Nate going. If Nate does decide he can make the trip and still have enough energy to work, I'll be willing to drive for part of the way back to Wichita...assuming I have someone help me with directions...and that the owner of the car is alright with me driving.
If it's better than Affinity's driving, I don't think anyone would mind you taking the wheel for a bit. :laugh:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I can bring my GPS.

It would be best if I didn't drive. My last speeding ticket was too close of a call for me. I definitely learned my lesson, but for now I think I'll just ride shotty ;)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
When you "assume," you make an "***" out of "u" and "me." Seriously, there's going to be some verbal repercussions.

Holms

Smash Ace
Now hold on a second.

We haven't said a word and you guys are already dictating who's driving when and with who and when we'll be leaving? Even after we've BOTH said that we don't know if we're going to drive or not? And even if we did, that makes us (well, Mr. Doom) the driver; don't we get a say in this since we're driving?

You're saying that we should, on saturday, wake up early so we can drive four hours to the tournament from Fino's place, compete all day in the tourney, and then drive seven hours on the same night back home? Really? Really? So what, the tournament's going to be over at five or six pm, right? I mean, surely you're not expecting us to be up for a full day then stay up all night on a straight drive back to Wichita.

Seriously, if some people HAVE to be home on Sunday MORNING, then why are they trying to go to this tournament? I'm going to make this very clear now: this plan is flawed. It ain't happening like that. Sorry.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I just thought of an awesome idea...stay tuned it's gonna be epic....

It's gonna take some time though to think up.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I think it'll save us a lot of time and discussion if we just say that Nynja, Inferno and I are not going. I obviously can't speak for both of them though but I'm sure it'll make it easier, so I'm just gonna go ahead and drop out. This basically insinuates the idea that Nynja isn't going either though. Inferno, well I don't really know.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well if I can't be back in time, no I can't go. I'm kinda painted in a corner here with me being the only healthy person in my family, mom and dad have the flu and my sister is in the hospital so I'm the only driver left. I don't see what is wrong with just driving all the way to SL on Friday night instead of stopping after just a couple of hours. Leaving at 6, you'd arrive between midnight and 1, still get plenty of sleep because you're already there, and then not be tired on the way back if we drove back. You also know I'm perfectly capable of driving when you're tired, Caleb. I don't really care if I don't get to go, it's hard enough to make any time for this game now as it is.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Now hold on a second.

We haven't said a word and you guys are already dictating who's driving when and with who and when we'll be leaving? Even after we've BOTH said that we don't know if we're going to drive or not? And even if we did, that makes us (well, Mr. Doom) the driver; don't we get a say in this since we're driving?

You're saying that we should, on saturday, wake up early so we can drive four hours to the tournament from Fino's place, compete all day in the tourney, and then drive seven hours on the same night back home? Really? Really? So what, the tournament's going to be over at five or six pm, right? I mean, surely you're not expecting us to be up for a full day then stay up all night on a straight drive back to Wichita.

Seriously, if some people HAVE to be home on Sunday MORNING, then why are they trying to go to this tournament? I'm going to make this very clear now: this plan is flawed. It ain't happening like that. Sorry.
i thought mr doom gave awesome ideas?

Top Bottom