• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Omnath

Smash Ace
What a troll, lmao. Every line had me rioting in laughter... I'm not sure whether it's your ignorance or your stupidity (or both).
That's all the food I'll give for the troll, if you want more that's too bad :bee:

~Fino
My apologies, I just feel like I have to respond to this.

It's oblivious to me how you even remotely got that I'm ignorant and stupid from what I said. All I said was that you're a terrible person and someone is probably going to kill you for it one day. That's not ignorant or stupid at all, these are inherent truths.

Bakuhatsu

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this may be a noob question, but can anyone list a few details that are different in Japanese Brawling styles? I'm watching this live video feed on Ally and Atomsk fighting, and they were talking about his playing style being Japanese or something.. I'm confused. :S

Omnath

Smash Ace
Hey guys, this may be a noob question, but can anyone list a few details that are different in Japanese Brawling styles? I'm watching this live video feed on Ally and Atomsk fighting, and they were talking about his playing style being Japanese or something.. I'm confused. :S
Sorry man, a style is a style. Maybe they were talking about all the random aerials he does that actually work?

Bakuhatsu

Smash Apprentice
Sorry man, a style is a style. Maybe they were talking about all the random aerials he does that actually work?
I think I understand what they meant. I think they mean that like, some of the characters have an actual meaning to people in Japan, making them popular, like Pit and Fox. I think that's the only difference. I was read more of the conversation, and that seems to be all I can conclude.

fragbait

Smash Master
You know, it's common courtesy to post these live streams...:) POST IT. :)

Bakuhatsu

Smash Apprentice
M2K and Ally were on earlier, but it's still the two I posted a few posts ago.
http://siriusuplink.com/upgrade.php/j/tko727/75641993.html

I'm ばくはつ on there.

If you want to change your name on the post thing, find the bold name (it's yours) on the side scrolling grey box, and click on it, then just type it in.

The stream is currently cut off; I think it will be back later. I'll remove this edit if it's back on.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
japanese playstyles tend to have a very offensive mindset with a whole lot gay stuff then we do here. idk what the current teir list is for them, but for a while fox was considered high teir and they thought falco was the best in the game lol

Bakuhatsu

Smash Apprentice
japanese playstyles tend to have a very offensive mindset with a whole lot gay stuff then we do here. idk what the current teir list is for them, but for a while fox was considered high teir and they thought falco was the best in the game lol
Ah. I also heard a little bit about that, too. Thanks.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Ya, Japan aren't *******.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Tournament at Domo's House TODAY (Sunday).

Get here before 10am.

Time is going to be really tight, so do not plan to leave in the middle of the tournament for a long time. You will be DQ'd if you don't show up.

Stage List:

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)

Counter-Pick

Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Teh Future

Smash Master
LMAO why is KC so drama filled.

Obviously Affinity is going to win tomorrow (because he has a tm)

Also stop playing Ice Climbers they are SoooOOSOOOoooooOoOOoOoOoOOoO much gayer than MK

The S Word

Smash Cadet
Wow, wouldn't have noticed this if Baku hadn't pointed it out.
I'll try to show up for this tomorrow, I'll bring a setup :D

Edit: Apparently Baku isn't coming, can't get a ride or something.

Holms

Smash Ace
Oh lol. 10 Am. You guys won't be seeing me at this tourney; church johns.

And it's a legitimate excuse. Church is serious business to our dad.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I should probably say something in response to everything that's been said about the situation, but what should I say? Should I respond to Fino, who is only trying to get another rise out of me from the safety and comfort behind a computer screen again? Should I respond to Clel and Stealth who much to my surprise have taken to my defense in a way? That's very kind of them I guess. I'm not used to having anybody take my side, that much is sure. Maybe I shouldn't even have anything to say and suddenly "be the better man" which is really just a statement I think we made up as a society to auto-win confrontations without any effort.

There's a lot to respond to, and I've had all day to think about it. I think some people have probably been waiting for what I'm going to say with baited breath, hoping for either something to attack/make fun or something to rally behind in their own view. I have a lot of things I want to post here now, I'm not sure anyone but Fino will probably read it. Very few people have the time to waste here these days anyway, but I'm going to post it anyway. This is only in small part going to be about the "fight" but mostly it will be about everything concerning me and this game and its community. I'll be talking about individual players as I perceive them, and then I'll wrap things up.

If I were to take the time to explain why I did what I did, the full explanation would take quite a while and be something that only my closest friends would still fully comprehend; those who have known me for many years and grown privy to my more personal matters and opinions. The only thing I think anyone here is going to get is that it wasn't about Brawl for me. I was never mad I lost to Zeton, he's a great player. I've lost to him before. I shook his hand and congratulated him on nice things he did through our whole set as I'm sure he could tell anyone. This, for me, was a personal matter of someone's attacks on me that have been going on and off for quite a while. I've never been a man who forgive or forgets in that respect. If anyone doesn't like that reason, well that's too bad I guess. It's the one you're getting. I've nothing more to say on it right now and probably won't have anything to say on it ever again lest another such incident need occur. I won't be reading or responding to any posts on it as I'll have put a couple of people on ignore for a couple of weeks (or longer if I find I like it that way).

On to other matters. Though I stepped down as a TO, I still love Brawl. I love the game because I enjoy it's characters, it's quirkiness. It's mainly what attracts me to BlazBlue and repels me from some more realistic fighters. Normal games bore me I guess? I plan to keep playing Brawl competitively when I have the time. Though I'll be hard pressed to find any until after Finals now as I go into the major research paper crunch for all of my classes. Despite all of this, I had been asked to continue my work on the idea for a MidWest/Southwest circuit. Yawara and Xyro wanted it to go down still. It was a pretty heavily supported idea. So I've been poking around, still trying to get my resources together that I thought I would need to oversee such a large project, though I had no intention of running any of the tournaments personally. I planned to have someone from Wichita run the major Kansas stuff (I was planning on asking 4rce to do so. Whom I shall comment on in a little bit). However, as this last week came to an end, I didn't have the drive to get it done. I've chosen not to do it personally though others are welcome to pursue the goal in my stead.

So, individual smashers (the only part anybody is probably reading right now):

I want to start with 4rce since I mentioned him in the paragraph above. Huy, you're a smart kid, and you're going to go far with the attitude you have. I like you and the efforts you put into trying to get better. You did very well at Brawl for Hope in running a tournament and you could be a very good and reliable TO. It's why I really wanted you to be one for my follow up circuit, because I know I could count on you to get things done and make sure they were done right.

Hmm, let's talk about Clel. Haha, you don't have to stick up for me on the boards man. I know we used to be partners. But I also know you're still a better player than me at this game, no matter what the inconsistent placing or power rankings have said. You go easy on me too much man.

Zeton. I should be honest. I really don't like you at all. You tend to get on my nerves with the way you act around me, and the way you contradict yourself all the time. It just drives me nuts. That said, you're still a good player and I don't mind losing to you, and you still have your moments when you're legitimately entertaining or funny.

Domo you're one of the most dedicated guys I've ran across. We come to odds sometimes and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but I have trouble ever staying mad at you over something, since you tend to turn around and doing something pretty cool right after anyway. You should just stop ****ing killing me (and everyone else!) at Mario Bros lol.

KY (like he'll read this lol), you've got to be the best friend I've found out of this group of people. You've done more than play Brawl with me, you've actually got me interested in other (better) games as well and through that I've found I can play them quite well when I put my mind to it, when I used to think I was god ****ing awful at every fighting game that ever existed.

Steeler. You're usually pretty awesome to be around. You've let alot of things mentally weigh you down in the game and sometimes I think that comes into play in tournament, but you worked hard to get as good as you are. I think you should be proud of that, not apologetic.

Holms you're ****ing awesome to team with, such a different person from when I first met you and Micah. My friends don't like you two much, but I keep telling them you just tend to grow on people after a while. I definitely consider you one of the top three players in the state right now.

Mr. Doom, I got it right, like I always do. You always bottle alot of stuff up around me IRL and it's pretty obvious. You should feel free to tell me when something I'm (or somebody else) is doing is making you uncomfortable. You're a funny guy when you want to be even if some of your jokes are old and corny lol.

I could be here all day if I wanted to be, but I think I have to draw the line somewhere. Most of the other people I could mention I either don't feel like talking about, or have nothing much to say about them. I could thank Andy for the things he's done for me including hosting, tell Ratman how awesome of a kid he is, or just ramble on about other smashers in general. Instead, I think I'm going to assuage any thoughts that I'm actually quitting by saying no I'm doing nothing of the sort. I won't be at Domo's tomorrow but I'll be back at tournaments soon enough, and I'll still give my friends rides when I'm travelling. I won't be talking about anything I mentioned in this post ever again probably. So feel free to respond if it's what any of you want to do, but that's all I wanted to say today.

Degyn Sefer

Smash Ace
yeah i can't come to the tourney today either, got work and all

if it was tomorrow then i could come

EDIT: if it is still going around 4:30, txt me and ill stop by after work

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
come whenever you guys can time change I'll start between 1 and 2. So come if you can. I realize now 10 was way too early on such short notice . Sorry guys. Hope yall can make it bring setups and skillz.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Shoot.. You reminded me I have a test Monday.... -_- Katakana study time today, er. Good thing I've been practicing though and I'm not cramming or anything I know most of them I suppose.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be able to make it today. I have more homework to do than I thought.

Domo, if you can schedule the next tournament at your place on Saturday, I'll be there for sure.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Cameron, just got done reading that post of yours. I have to say, that is one of the deepest and most well thought-out posts I've ever seen on a message board. May not mean a lot coming from me, but it was an impressive bit of text.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
~Mr. Doom

Results of the Domo Tourney

1. Domo (MK)
2. Ratman (Snake)
3. Holms (Falco)
4. Mr. Doom (Ike)
5. Clel (MK)
5. Steeler (PT)
7. The S Word (Wolf)
7. Aqua. (Snake/Fox)
9. Ky (Random)
9. Dance (Random)

Good job to everyone who participated.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
~Mr. Doom

Results of the Domo Tourney

1. Domo (MK)
2. Ratman (Snake)
3. Holms (Falco)
4. Mr. Doom (Ike)
5. Clel (MK)
5. Steeler (PT)
7. The S Word (Wolf)
7. Aqua. (Snake/Fox)
9. Ky (Random)
9. Dance (Random)

Good job to everyone who participated.
Yeah, Mr. Doom rocks for taking 4th place (the highest I've ever gotten was third).
This doesn't count as a double post lol.
Domo will remember this tourney, for I had ultra cheap smash-di techniques.

Top Bottom