• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i'm not actually going to any of these tournaments, but does anyone wanna do a melee&brawl mm? flip a coin for first system, then counterpick games and stages :D

Omnath

Smash Ace
Lawl at the uncanny stuff that happened during the smashfest. Karma, maybe Mr. Doom should replace Rat.

Edit: LOL... Wut...? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoWF19KnIIY#t=0m50s
Yeah, it was really enjoyable. Thanks guys for playing games with me. I know I'm not the best player in the world, but I felt a lot better having Holmes dragging me along through matches. Rather than the usual me having to switch out everytime I play.
Hey Andy, show me your moves. Seriously, I need some help playing snake. You'd be a lot better than the guides they put out.

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it was really enjoyable. Thanks guys for playing games with me. I know I'm not the best player in the world, but I felt a lot better having Holmes dragging me along through matches. Rather than the usual me having to switch out everytime I play.
Hey Andy, show me your moves. Seriously, I need some help playing snake. You'd be a lot better than the guides they put out.
:urg: im a snake playerr tooo D;

Omnath

Smash Ace
:urg: im a snake playerr tooo D;
You don't play the way I want to play :(
Edit: Though I'm open to any helpful tips you have, lol. I just don't think I could do the whole "go of the side of the level and forward air someone" thing.

Ratman

Smash Journeyman
You don't play the way I want to play :(
Edit: Though I'm open to any helpful tips you have, lol. I just don't think I could do the whole "go of the side of the level and forward air someone" thing.
its a whole lot of fun though. Andy is addicted to it too haha. Snakes flying aerials is the answer to everything.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Snake can be summarized with this:

"Camp with grenades, space with f-tilt and kill with up-tilt."

This is your bread and butter.

Dang that's an old *** quote from me.

Good games today everyone. I made good teams with several people today.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Tonight's games were awesome.

Oh, and what is this bs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNxffeXUwA someone is pretending to be me
lol 4 stocks? Runs into charging forward smashes? .... Caleb, did I accidently take your name for a day?
Oh, and his captain falcon isn't OP as ****. Check the other videos by that guy.

@Andy I figured that, I meant it on a purely situational basis. What my best options would be in certain situations. We'll have to play again this weekend and I can show you what I mean.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
@Andy I figured that, I meant it on a purely situational basis. What my best options would be in certain situations.
Uhh... lesse. A more detailed description of my dumb@ss Snake.

I try to play a strong mental game with Snake.

Zoning: I try to control territory on the map using C4, mines, grenades, mortars (sometimes bananas too!). Doing so limits the areas and paths that my opponent can safely transverse and leads into my prediction (yomi) game.

Yomi
: I try to figure out the type of opponent I'm playing against. Is he defensive, offensive, tactical (mixes up the two)? Is he someone that wants to get close to me (chain-grabs, combos) or stay away from me (camping, spacing)? Is he more comfortable on the side of the stage (spikes, gimps, Nynja) in the middle or doesn't have a preference? Is he easy to panic or frustrate? What moves will he use depending on my damage, position? If I can answer these questions, then I can begin to predict their movements.

Spacing: F-tilting someone too close and too fast will get punishment. You want to hit with the edge of that hitbox and use the first hit for hit confirmation. Outbox - Hit someone at a distance where they can't hit back.

I realize that these are more general strategies, but they should help a little in figuring out the answers for situations.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Thanks Andy, believe it not, that helps a lot. I've found that I play way more patient when I'm playing snake. As opposed to getting my **** wrecked from throwing myself into the fray all the time.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Why do you hate me so much? ;(
Because you gay!
Where did you order your glasses from again? I was thinking of getting some thick rims. :)

I've decided that my ACT score will be more important for me in the long run than the opportunity to play in singles bracket at No Koast. Especially considering 2 hours and thirty minutes is a long time for me to ask to stall my matches, I don't think that I will sign up for singles. I think there is enough time for me to make it on time for doubles though, but I will talk to Steven/Cameron about that another time.

Omnath

Smash Ace
I've decided that my ACT score will be more important for me in the long run than the opportunity to play in singles bracket at No Koast. Especially considering 2 hours and thirty minutes is a long time for me to ask to stall my matches, I don't think that I will sign up for singles. I think there is enough time for me to make it on time for doubles though, but I will talk to Steven/Cameron about that another time.
ACT's are incredibly important, lol. Do what you can to get school taken care of first.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
You can't reschedule your ACT?
I've considered this but I was planning on staying ahead with my college plans. The only other test date this year would be in December which is the month I'd be sending in all of my applications, test scores, and etc. I'd get my score one month too late.

I'm gay for you 4RCE! Why do you hate what you don't understand? :laugh:
Yessss.

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

Great place for glasses! Really cheap and good looking.
Thanks! :)

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
finished watching through episode 6 of Kara No Kyoukai karma, I thought 1-5 were really amazing, but kinda thought 6 just felt like a different anime, and didnt really care for it, the fight scene was petty awesome

Karmacide

Smash Lord
finished watching through episode 6 of Kara No Kyoukai karma, I thought 1-5 were really amazing, but kinda thought 6 just felt like a different anime, and didnt really care for it, the fight scene was petty awesome
Yeah, 6 was definitely a change from 1-5. Just very light. 7 will return to 1-5 though. It's gonna tie up some things that were left dangling.

dragonpoet

Smash Rookie
nice, i'm actually watching tsukihime right now again. i'm also almost finished downloading KARA NO KYOUKAI. you know i haven't done much on this board, i need a new pick and stuff.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
At this hour? Yes. I'm taking a break from my modded doom game. It now has a storyline to it, though dumb.

Top Bottom