• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I forgot to quote you steven...whatever.

HI STEVENNNNN! <3

So, apparently I don't really know how to play fighting games. I play characters that have a lot of projectiles and apparently spam them too much. I should charge in and use physical attacks instead of that character's vast arsenal of ranged goodies. I also tend to avoid getting comboed and beaten from left to right by running away in an attempt to come up with more approach ideas or escape some major tech chasing. I guess I should run into attacks from now on. Also, when I'm solidly edgeguarded, I should stop hitting and running, aka ledge camping, until I can find away to get back to the center of the stage; instead, I should just get back on the stage and thrown right back off…onto the ledge again. And when I'm being tossed around the screen due to high percents, I should do my best to get back on my feet and run into another attack again instead of going on the defensive.

All of these are great tips, guys. Thanks a lot.

/sarcasm

Seriously, though. I'm getting sick and tired of being told I'm a spammy, campy, cheap player just because I don't let someone own me the entire match. I'm not allowed to recover, to play defensive, or run when running is a good idea, because that's camping. I can't use what works, even if it means using the same attacks several times, because that's spammy. I can't do what it takes to win, even if it means playing a campy character like a campy character, or playing a spammy character like a spammy character, because that's cheap. I'm suppose to lose; that's how I should play, right? And it's even worse when I ask the accuser to tell me what to do to stop being spammy, campy, or cheap, and s/he has no legitimate answer or solution for that. I’ve been zero to death’d, infinited, and gay’d over so many times that I hardly notice it when it happens to me, and the worst you’ll hear me say is “that’s dumb” or “that’s stupid,” but I accept it. Is it so hard for others to do the same? I would really like for it to stop. Hearing that sort of whining all the time defeats the purpose of me even playing. Thanks.
Ignore the whining. Play to win.

Does anyone know how to cut songs or where I can go to cut songs?

Karma: What exactly is bluetooth or what's it good for? I don't keep up...you said you installed your own XP, does that make it run faster or anything?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
So, apparently I don't really know how to play fighting games. I play characters that have a lot of projectiles and apparently spam them too much. I should charge in and use physical attacks instead of that character's vast arsenal of ranged goodies. I also tend to avoid getting comboed and beaten from left to right by running away in an attempt to come up with more approach ideas or escape some major tech chasing. I guess I should run into attacks from now on. Also, when I'm solidly edgeguarded, I should stop hitting and running, aka ledge camping, until I can find away to get back to the center of the stage; instead, I should just get back on the stage and thrown right back off…onto the ledge again. And when I'm being tossed around the screen due to high percents, I should do my best to get back on my feet and run into another attack again instead of going on the defensive.

/sarcasm

Seriously, though. I'm getting sick and tired of being told I'm a spammy, campy, cheap player just because I don't let someone own me the entire match. I'm not allowed to recover, to play defensive, or run when running is a good idea, because that's camping. I can't use what works, even if it means using the same attacks several times, because that's spammy. I can't do what it takes to win, even if it means playing a campy character like a campy character, or playing a spammy character like a spammy character, because that's cheap. I'm suppose to lose; that's how I should play, right? And it's even worse when I ask the accuser to tell me what to do to stop being spammy, campy, or cheap, and s/he has no legitimate answer or solution for that. I’ve been zero to death’d, infinited, and gay’d over so many times that I hardly notice it when it happens to me, and the worst you’ll hear me say is “that’s dumb” or “that’s stupid,” but I accept it. Is it so hard for others to do the same? I would really like for it to stop. Hearing that sort of whining all the time defeats the purpose of me even playing. Thanks.
this is why brawl sucks, cause such tactics work. however anyone who complains about it either needs to learn2deal, or stop playing brawl, cause thats all that it is lol. and ignore then holmes, play to win, thats brawl

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
u choose your own way holms. u can do wat others do or do wat u want. eitherway everythng is an opinion. and it aint jus brawl trust me some games can get reeeallllyyyy gay. u should watch fullmetal alchemist and realize that balance aka equivalent exchange is a lieeeee lol sry for the spoiler

Clel

Smash Journeyman

/sarcasm

It could be hard for others to do the same, not everyone is mature enough to get gay'd over and put up with it, some get stuck in the belief that they should be winning even though they lack what it takes. I don't know who called you campy/spammy/cheap but it's probably not the first time and won't be the last. Usually if someone complains about it I have no problem with dropping the cheapness. It's just boring to play without it, might aswell say I'm sandbaggin. I'm not cheap anymore off habit now cause I keep playing the way I feel others would prefer me to but it's all good, I can still win from time to time ;)

quick question- is ANYONE from wichita going to genesis?
Not me definitely.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I thought Kyle and Dom were going to Genesis.

To everyone who wasn't at Andy's tonight: You seem to be assuming Holms' rant is about brawl. It actually started over Blazblue and his incredibly disrespectful nature toward my friend Shannon (Shannon playing a massive immobile character + not knowing how to play yet, and Holms literally sat on the other end of the screen and threw a single projectile over and over at him for a substantial amount of the fight every single time. When the distance would finally be closed, he would use his super and run if it didn't kill to start over). I heard something happened with Zeton after that, but the fact Shannon got up and tried to have a civil conversation after being gayed over that ****ing hard, and Holms had the AUDACITY to get mad at HIM. What. The. ****. Afterward Shannon made mention that he wasn't even mad about the way you played but over the way you acted being very childish to him.

I don't dislike you Caleb, but I didn't appreciate the way you treated him, and when asked to stop being such an *** to him in the game (by three different people), you essentially got angry and said you didn't have any other moves and literally walked up to him, let him kill you, then said that our advice got you killed as if you couldn't have attacked or blocked. So don't pull that bull**** boy. As for Brawl, yeah you play super gay sometimes. It's not a big deal, but you also can't go around and assume no one will ever complain about it either. And I recall you once accused me of spamming all the time. I believe I turned and promptly told you to shut the **** up. So if you don't like being told that, then I recommend that philosophy.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
the solution to this is simple

everyone play pokemon trainer

edit

i don't know about you guys, but i definitely want to sleep in the presence of legan and his badass negrolink

Holms

Smash Ace
For the record, I wasn't mad at your friend, nor was I mad at losing. I was upset because of the spammy/campy/cheapy crud that people were throwing at me as usual, and even after I won the round, I stopped playing. I didn't want to put up with it anymore.

Also, if I came across as a **** to your friend, or to you, please know that it was not my intention. Besides, before we played as Rachel and...whatever the big dude's name is, he completely overwhelmed me when I played Carl. And that match that started this whole mess? You two told me to use punches, kicks, and guards. I did. I got wrecked. There's a reason I didn't want to be close to a large, strong character who can magnetize you and thus pull you closer into his other attacks; better to stand back and shoot stuff at him, yes?

Lastly, the rant was mostly about brawl, seeing as the gayness crud has been tossed at me ever since I was playing pit, which was over a year ago. Anyway, other than that, I don't know how to respond, so I won't. I'll take steeler's advice and play pokemon trainer.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to cut songs or where I can go to cut songs?

Karma: What exactly is bluetooth or what's it good for? I don't keep up...you said you installed your own XP, does that make it run faster or anything?
Hey Force-man, long no see? Life keeping you busy?

What do you mean "Cut" Songs?

Blue tooth is a wireless technology that allows you to connect wireless devices. Having a bluetooth dongle installed inside your notebook means you don't have to get a separate USB dongle for every single wireless device you want to use at the same time. Sooooo if you use a wireless keyboard, mouse, headset, speakers, etc, you can connect them all to your computer without using up the USB ports.

Its also used to connect wireless headsets to phones and makes the PS3 controllers work.

Having my own XP means I was able to install XP without all the crap companies add into your computer when you get it from the factory. That means deleted everything they put in and installed a copy of windows without millions of crap programs I don't like like Norton Antivirus, America Online, stupid chat programs, etc.

Other stuff:

Blazblue is fun.

Don't take comments too harshly.

My new computer eats games for breakfast.

I've logged over 15 hours of tech support service for an attorney and going. I'm making a nice big bonus.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
brawl today? :D we should play more balanced brawl guys. it looks pretty promising and has a good reception thus far. maybe we could record some vids, people are really wanting to see this in action. mr. doom recording software???

Holms

Smash Ace
I agree. I'll play more Ganon if we do. Also, apparently Yoshi can jump out of forward b instead of free falling? Infinite jumping anyone? =/

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I agree. I'll play more Ganon if we do. Also, apparently Yoshi can jump out of forward b instead of free falling? Infinite jumping anyone? =/
there's way too much lag out of egg roll for infinite jump stalling

the real use is for egg braking, because the egg has the same effect as bucket for gw.

meaning yoshi will not die

good balance for yoshi cuz he sucks

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
American electronics down here are still SOOO expensive.

Check this:

Street Fighter 4 (360) = 350 Reals ~ $175.00

8GB Nano IPod = 580 Reals ~ $290.00

A single ****ing Wiimote = 270 Reals ~ $135.00

Craaaaaaazy

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
God bless America and no one else. lol jk

Anyway, sure. I'll bring my recording software so that we can play some Balanced Brawl, but someone must host first.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Hey Force-man, long no see? Life keeping you busy?

What do you mean "Cut" Songs?
Aww, did you miss me? :) Yeah, little bit, but it's all good.
Umm, just shorten a track. I can upload songs onto my phone with usb ports but if I need to cut songs to get it to the part I want to use as the ringtone.

Blue tooth is a wireless technology that allows you to connect wireless devices. Having a bluetooth dongle installed inside your notebook means you don't have to get a separate USB dongle for every single wireless device you want to use at the same time. Sooooo if you use a wireless keyboard, mouse, headset, speakers, etc, you can connect them all to your computer without using up the USB ports.

Its also used to connect wireless headsets to phones and makes the PS3 controllers work.

Having my own XP means I was able to install XP without all the crap companies add into your computer when you get it from the factory. That means deleted everything they put in and installed a copy of windows without millions of crap programs I don't like like Norton Antivirus, America Online, stupid chat programs, etc.
Mmk, bluetooth seems nifty I guess.
What's wrong with Norton though? I thought it helped me? Is there a better replacement?
Then couldn't you just remove all the other programs? O_o

Do you have Word I could put on this netbook or would I need more room?

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
The revised egg braking sounds great! I think I've only ever successfully used egg braking once, and that was an almost vertical kill. So being able to use it on potential side kills would be saweeeeet.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Umm, just shorten a track. I can upload songs onto my phone with usb ports but if I need to cut songs to get it to the part I want to use as the ringtone.
I've got the software and I can teach you how to use it real easy. I use cooledit, but Cameron uses Goldwave.
What's wrong with Norton though? I thought it helped me? Is there a better replacement?
Then couldn't you just remove all the other programs? O_o

Do you have Word I could put on this netbook or would I need more room?
Norton is BLOATWARE. If I took it out right now, you'd swear I just upgraded your pc because it would probably be 20-30 percent faster. Norton and McAfee are huge anti-virus programs. And they're so common that most people who design viruses will try to circumvent those first. I recommend smaller more compact powerful anti-virus like Avira, Avast, or Kaspersky. (All free btw). NOD32 is probably the best pay anti-virus though.

I'm personally not running any anti-virus at all. ;) I strive for performance and I don't have a problem with viruses/malware.

I don't like going through the time to remove every program individually so I just format my laptops right out of the box.

I have Microsoft word.
Andy I got this awesome virtual desktop manager and I love it =D
I tried something like that. I couldn't find a use for it myself!

fragbait

Smash Master
If anyone is curious, I'm a no go for any game nights. I'm at Winfield Lake all weekend, and if for some reason you wanna come out, give Gotan a call and he knows how to reach me. I'll be leaving shortly.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i had a dream that the mwcw championships were this weekend and i had a dentist appointment friday. so i had to haggle with my mom to go.

then i was in a tourney match against lain on smashville. and i was doing pretty well but ivy was about to get gimped. and then a weird platform popped up under the lip of the stage that extended from the bottom of the stage. it looked like an unopened warp pipe in paper mario. and i got ***** because of it.

bull****

lol

fragbait

Smash Master
So M2K is officially a Midwester now. I guess that him and some other dude will be hosting BiWeeklies sometime. Sounds like it could be fun if we ever wanted to make a trip.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I've got the software and I can teach you how to use it real easy. I use cooledit, but Cameron uses Goldwave.
Sounds good, I'll probably just wait until the next time I head over then.

Norton is BLOATWARE. If I took it out right now, you'd swear I just upgraded your pc because it would probably be 20-30 percent faster. Norton and McAfee are huge anti-virus programs. And they're so common that most people who design viruses will try to circumvent those first. I recommend smaller more compact powerful anti-virus like Avira, Avast, or Kaspersky. (All free btw). NOD32 is probably the best pay anti-virus though.

I'm personally not running any anti-virus at all. ;) I strive for performance and I don't have a problem with viruses/malware.
Mmk, I'll probably choose one of the three some other time; probably based off of which name I think is the coolest. I still haven't decided though. xD

When 4RCE posts on my facebook wall, it makes me feel popular.

Thanks, 4RCE. :)
Haha, I guess I'm just cool like that. :)

i had a dream that the mwcw championships were this weekend and i had a dentist appointment friday. so i had to haggle with my mom to go.

then i was in a tourney match against lain on smashville. and i was doing pretty well but ivy was about to get gimped. and then a weird platform popped up under the lip of the stage that extended from the bottom of the stage. it looked like an unopened warp pipe in paper mario. and i got ***** because of it.

bull****

lol
Lolll...fail. Good dream though, I wish I remembered mine. =[

So M2K is officially a Midwester now. I guess that him and some other dude will be hosting BiWeeklies sometime. Sounds like it could be fun if we ever wanted to make a trip.
Link?

Top Bottom