• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Bring snake eater Tempest (=
Yes bring it. This young one's training is incomplete until he's played Snake Eater and fully loves and appreciates the awesomeness that is Snake.

After Snake Eater I'll have to teach you about boxes.

Karma: The cardboard box that you have is ideal for fooling your enemies. It's a very important tool for infiltration missions. Of course. I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box...

Ratman: You mean everyone's using them?

Karma: Look. I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box. But in the end, a cardboard box is only made of paper. Handle it with care or it won't be of much use to you. Y'know... I've lost a couple thanks to you...

Ratman: ?

Karma: Nothing... forget it. Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it'll take care of you... Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love... Don't be rough. Okay?

Cook

Smash Master
Snake Eater is definitely the best one, followed closely by Guns of the Patriots. Try to play Subsistence if you can, though, because the camera is SOOOO much better.

fragbait

Smash Master
Yes bring it. This young one's training is incomplete until he's played Snake Eater and fully loves and appreciates the awesomeness that is Snake.

After Snake Eater I'll have to teach you about boxes.

Karma: The cardboard box that you have is ideal for fooling your enemies. It's a very important tool for infiltration missions. Of course. I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box...

Ratman: You mean everyone's using them?

Karma: Look. I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box. But in the end, a cardboard box is only made of paper. Handle it with care or it won't be of much use to you. Y'know... I've lost a couple thanks to you...

Ratman: ?

Karma: Nothing... forget it. Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it'll take care of you... Don't think of it as just another box. Treat it with love... Don't be rough. Okay?
Karma, have you ever thought about doing some writing? If this was your original little convo of course.

Also, if me and Gotan can get a ride to BlazBlue night tonight, can someone drive us home?

tenren

Smash Rookie

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Karma, have you ever thought about doing some writing? If this was your original little convo of course.
Oh no. That was from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Okay... I have all the parts for my new PC (processor should come today). Unfortunately I let the case I wanted get away from me on ebay.

I was looking for cases and I found the best site... ever. It gave me a boner. I'm coming out of the closet today guys. I... am a technosexual. I want these computers inside me and all over my face.

Behold... the most beautiful PCs ever.

Million Dollar PC

fragbait

Smash Master
Oh no. That was from Metal Gear Solid 2.
I figured it would be from the one MGS game I haven't played.

well here you guys go. I have basic rules set up and have a pre-reg setup for those who wanna get registered befor the tournament
Links
AFW rules http://afwcon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=342&sid=643ab59af8f6335812dd52b743e8018e

and pre-reg
http://www.kwgclan.net/afwcontournprereg.htm

agian if you dont mind bring your wii let me know. Id rather have more then enough then not enough. Let me know what you guys think
Good stuff, I already reg'd.

fragbait

Smash Master
Sweet. Still waiting on if anyone can drive me n Gotan home if we come.

Looks like the Beyblade event at AFW was cancelled by the owner of the WBO. This guy doesn't like to argued with XD

Anyway, I'll most likely be joining you in the smash tournament.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Blazblue is ****ing amazing. I am in love with it.

Edit: Ky I accidentally left with Disc one of your soundtrack still in my computer, I'll give it to you later this week when I see you

fragbait

Smash Master
Good luck :)

Just got word from Karma. He just got out of prayer and he's hosting 2 TVs for BlazBlue as well as one for Brawl.
Don't know when he's opening. Also, correct any of this if I'm wrong Karma/Ratman!

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Well, I just looked over a Blazblue tier list that I came across while studying V-13 tactics. I feel like such a ******* now.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Hello everyone. I don't have to work tomorrow on account of office workers getting July 3 off. SHould I host tonight?

Also: Is anyone here interested in buying my little netbook for 275? It's been well taken care of (of course) and you will get it in very good condition. I'll throw in the RAM upgrade and Bluetooth upgrade I did to it.

fragbait

Smash Master
Hello everyone. I don't have to work tomorrow on account of office workers getting July 3 off. SHould I host tonight?

Also: Is anyone here interested in buying my little netbook for 275? It's been well taken care of (of course) and you will get it in very good condition. I'll throw in the RAM upgrade and Bluetooth upgrade I did to it.
Would you be okay if I paid it off? I really need it.

Also, yes, host.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Sorry I don't think I can sell it now actually. I was going to sell it and buy the new ION model that was supposed to come out this month, but after reading up on it, it got delayed until Fourth Quarter this year.

I can't go to school without a laptop, so I have to hold on to this one a little longer.

Legan

Smash Lord
Wichita is formally invited to come to St Louis to smash & crash anytime at my crib. There will be much beer & vodka along with the kirksville crew and the st louis crew. One of my house mates is also Rauleen who can cook pretty much anything. There is no excuse for you ***s to not come kick it. I already said Ill be there so thats like 10 reasons.

Holms

Smash Ace
So, apparently I don't really know how to play fighting games. I play characters that have a lot of projectiles and apparently spam them too much. I should charge in and use physical attacks instead of that character's vast arsenal of ranged goodies. I also tend to avoid getting comboed and beaten from left to right by running away in an attempt to come up with more approach ideas or escape some major tech chasing. I guess I should run into attacks from now on. Also, when I'm solidly edgeguarded, I should stop hitting and running, aka ledge camping, until I can find away to get back to the center of the stage; instead, I should just get back on the stage and thrown right back off…onto the ledge again. And when I'm being tossed around the screen due to high percents, I should do my best to get back on my feet and run into another attack again instead of going on the defensive.

All of these are great tips, guys. Thanks a lot.

/sarcasm

Seriously, though. I'm getting sick and tired of being told I'm a spammy, campy, cheap player just because I don't let someone own me the entire match. I'm not allowed to recover, to play defensive, or run when running is a good idea, because that's camping. I can't use what works, even if it means using the same attacks several times, because that's spammy. I can't do what it takes to win, even if it means playing a campy character like a campy character, or playing a spammy character like a spammy character, because that's cheap. I'm suppose to lose; that's how I should play, right? And it's even worse when I ask the accuser to tell me what to do to stop being spammy, campy, or cheap, and s/he has no legitimate answer or solution for that. I’ve been zero to death’d, infinited, and gay’d over so many times that I hardly notice it when it happens to me, and the worst you’ll hear me say is “that’s dumb” or “that’s stupid,” but I accept it. Is it so hard for others to do the same? I would really like for it to stop. Hearing that sort of whining all the time defeats the purpose of me even playing. Thanks.

fragbait

Smash Master
So, apparently I don't really know how to play fighting games. I play characters that have a lot of projectiles and apparently spam them too much. I should charge in and use physical attacks instead of that character's vast arsenal of ranged goodies. I also tend to avoid getting comboed and beaten from left to right by running away in an attempt to come up with more approach ideas or escape some major tech chasing. I guess I should run into attacks from now on. Also, when I'm solidly edgeguarded, I should stop hitting and running, aka ledge camping, until I can find away to get back to the center of the stage; instead, I should just get back on the stage and thrown right back off…onto the ledge again. And when I'm being tossed around the screen due to high percents, I should do my best to get back on my feet and run into another attack again instead of going on the defensive.

All of these are great tips, guys. Thanks a lot.

/sarcasm

Seriously, though. I'm getting sick and tired of being told I'm a spammy, campy, cheap player just because I don't let someone own me the entire match. I'm not allowed to recover, to play defensive, or run when running is a good idea, because that's camping. I can't use what works, even if it means using the same attacks several times, because that's spammy. I can't do what it takes to win, even if it means playing a campy character like a campy character, or playing a spammy character like a spammy character, because that's cheap. I'm suppose to lose; that's how I should play, right? And it's even worse when I ask the accuser to tell me what to do to stop being spammy, campy, or cheap, and s/he has no legitimate answer or solution for that. I’ve been zero to death’d, infinited, and gay’d over so many times that I hardly notice it when it happens to me, and the worst you’ll hear me say is “that’s dumb” or “that’s stupid,” but I accept it. Is it so hard for others to do the same? I would really like for it to stop. Hearing that sort of whining all the time defeats the purpose of me even playing. Thanks.
Random rant is random?

Top Bottom