• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Man I need to start checking this more, I'm so far behind. Even Domo and Nynja post more than me, wth??

So I definitely am excited for some practice today. I'm ready for a level up =D
It does seem like I'm getting a bit of exposure lately, but it's not like you guys can't either. I think alot of it is that I play a fairly uncommon character. At least when it comes to high level competitive play, Pit's uncommon lol. I actually wish I could play online, that way I could get friendlies with Hylian, Dojo, Santi and some of the other TX guys. I feel that there's too much about matchups I don't know that I'll only be able to find out through actually playing the matchup with ppl that excel with that character.

On another note, xYz is a **** lol. And HI AMBROSE! I've seen some of your matches. Team AznSensation ftw =P me and domo need a funnier team name.

Oh yea (man this post is long) if anyone's going to Fino's Saturday, I'd like to hitch a ride plz. I'm also interested in going to the MWC so keep me posted guys =]

EDIT
.... I was just thinking "Why the hell is my window all spread out now?" Then I saw Falcon lol.
Absolutely...
EPIC.
Affinity ftw lolz

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
lol sex kick. Must be SSB64 Falcon.

I wish I could afford the MWC event but it's in Indiana man. On the other hand Overswarm had this to say to me: "You should goooooo." **** I'd really like to play Overswarm.

Fino

Smash Master
KY in at my house :D:D:D:D:D:D
I call dibs on playing you >_> I need some oli-pit action ;)
I believe believe inferno, chaos, and steeler are coming up, those are the only I know of for sure. Affinity and stealth will already be here for family. Zeton said he's got a person (i think) and he's going to try to catch a ride.
prepare for link wreckage though, we'll have the top links in the midwest duking it out XD

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
definitely want to go to fino's, and i'm hoping i can hitch with brandon. or another car...and i'm thinking we WILL need another car.

and i want to go to mwc too. can't pass up a chance to show the rest of the mw that they shouldn't ignore us!

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Well Zeton I've gotten the Shine Dash down with Fox, I use Z for my jump O.o

lol I use R Bumper but I guess that'll work too.
Also, I need to see more forward air hovers and hits!
but I'm kinda burnt out with fox...I think I'll work on Falco, Lucario,G&W, and even meta knight a bit. (sorry chaos)

so someone else can shine with fox for a bit.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if I was doing anything different, but I was getting complements about my game left and right tonight. Thanks for those, guys; also, thanks to you guys who gave me criticism. I really appreciate both, especially when it comes from such good players.

Also: dear Steeler - someday, we WILL have a set of PT vs. Yoshi where neither of us (mainly me) commits suicide. It will happen.

And finally, supergamer, you use rolling as your primary method of movement. There are a lot of options for horizontal movement that I notice you ignore. I think someone said something about this during the crew battle. ^_^

EDIT: I'm scared of bananas after playing Nynja today.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Don't feel bad Cameron, I only took two stocks. But I'm team captain so I'm the best anyway lolz jk =P

But really, I'm the best. Admit it guys. You're all like my minions. Go and die for my glory!!! I'm the best Pit in the nation biiitch, sacrifice yourselves for my greatness!!! haha

Fino I could definitely use some practice against that oli. I find myself knowing alot less than I originally thought about matchups lately. After playing you, no oli will be able to stop me!! haha plus I've actually heard its a ****-tastic matchup for Pit. And I can't wait to play the best Links... lol best Links. If I hadn't played Arkive before, I'd find that comment hilarious.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
to clear up the ???s, Round 11 I (with 2 stock) faced Zeton and got him to 2 stock, round 12 Attack Storm 3 stocked Zeton, Round 13 Nynja beat AttackStorm by 2 stock. Round 14 Bojangles beat Nynja with 2 stock, round 15 Steeler fought bojangles and won with 1 stock, Steeler lost his single stock to Supergamer.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Zeton beat clel, then lost to attack storm. Nynja then beat attack storm and played BoJangles after. Then BoJangles played Steeler.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Results of tonight's Draft Crew Battle, for anyone who wasn't there:

Team 1

KY
Affinity
Nynja
Cameron
Steeler
Chaos
Mr. Doom
Firestorm
Zeton

Team 2

Clel
Domo
BoJangles
Supergamer
Karmacide
Holms
Fury
Ratman
Attackstorm

Round 1 - Firestorm (3) vs Fury (3)_____________(Team 1 [27] / Team 2 [27])

Round 2 - Mr. Doom (3) vs Fury (1)___________(Team 1 [24] / Team 2 [25])

Round 3 - Mr. Doom (3) vs Ratman (3) ________(Team 1 [24] / Team 2 [24])

Round 4 - Affinity (3) vs Ratman (2)__________(Team 1 [21] / Team 2 [23])

Round 5 - Affinity (2) vs Holms (3)___________(Team 1 [20] / Team 2 [21])

Round 6 - Affinity (2) vs Domo (3)___________(Team 1 [20] / Team 2 [18])

Round 7 - KY (3) vs Domo (2)_______________(Team 1 [18] / Team 2 [17])

Round 8 - KY (1) vs Karmacide (3)____________(Team 1 [16] / Team 2 [15])

Round 9 - Cameron (3) vs Karmacide (3)_______(Team 1 [15] / Team 2 [15])

Round 10 - Cameron (2) vs Clel (3)___________(Team 1 [14] / Team 2 [12])

Round 11 - Zeton (3) vs Clel (2)_____________(Team 1 [12] / Team 2 [11])

Round 12 - Zeton (2) vs Attackstorm (3)______(Team 1 [11] / Team 2 [9])

Round 13 - Nynja (3) vs Attackstorm (3)______ (Team 1 [9] / Team 2 [9])

Round 14 - Nynja (2) vs BoJangles (3) ________(Team 1 [8] / Team 2 [6])

Round 15 - Steeler (3) vs BoJangles (2)_______(Team 1 [6] / Team 2 [5])

Round 16 - Steeler (1) vs Supergamer (3)______(Team 1 [4] / Team 2 [3])

Round 17 - ChaosTheory (3) vs Supergamer (3)__(Team 1 [3] / Team 2 [3])

Final Results

Team 1 Wins!!!

Team 1 (2 stocks) / Team 2 (0 stocks)

Stocks Taken

KY-------------------------2 Stocks
Affinity-------------------6 Stocks
Nynja---------------------4 Stocks
Cameron-----------------4 Stocks
Steeler-------------------2 Stocks
ChaosTheory-----------3 Stocks
Mr. Doom----------------2 Stocks
Firestorm----------------2 Stocks
Zeton--------------------2 Stocks
Clel------------------------3 Stocks
Domo--------------------4 Stocks
BoJangles---------------4 Stocks
Supergamer------------2 Stocks
Karmacide---------------2 Stocks
Holms---------------------0 Stocks
Fury-----------------------3 Stocks
Ratman------------------4 Stocks
Attackstorm------------3 Stocks

Thanks to KY and Clel for clearing everything up for me.

-Affinity

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
It seems as if my Photobucket account has exceeded bandwidth...

Here are links of the animated GIFs that I've given out; these ones should work:

_

Fino
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo149/temp_2412/FinosSig.gif[/IMG"]

[B]Brandon[/B]
[IMG]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo149/temp_2412/WDASTGgif.gif[/IMG"]

[B]Cameron[/B]
[IMG]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo149/temp_2412/Cameronssigdonetest.gif[/IMG"]

[B]Stealth[/B]
[IMG]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo149/temp_2412/stealthsig_newgif.gif[/IMG"]
_

*Remember to remove the " from the end IMG bracket.

If I forgot anyone's, let me know.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Howd we lose?!?!? My team was stacked to the ceiling!! Ky's team must've been preaching that friendship always prevails business... the good guys always win :chuckle:

Lol I can think clearly right now for whatever reason, rare occasion, but rather then try and write a song (been putting it off all month) I'll address a couple of things ;)

First thing I'm up for the tourney on Saturday, and will be willing to hitch a ride.

Supergamer, just play against more people and you'll drop bad habits and pick up the good ones, like if you ask me Lucario's aura sphere spam is good. If you grab them at say 70% just pummel away and dont care to throw, I see Lucars do that all the time. You were doing good your game but the suicides shortened your fight time, so I didnt get to see much.

Inferno, I've been sucking against ROBs lately, I remembered thehow to fight em in the middle of the match luckily, always shield gyro, hold shield through downsmash then punish, stay out of grab range, and never rush out to edge hog, you hit me with nair I don't know how many times before I remembered that haha. I remembered what to do against Zeton AFTER the match, at zero percent I can fthrow to fthrow to grab+pummel to dthrow to tipped fsmash... but Clel = stupid, also I should've focused on pushing him off the stage, Fox's bad recovery is easy to rack percentage on...

Zeton, I'm starting to mimic the GW that beat me at Oh Snap, so now I'm partially good with GW instead of not good at all luls. Zeton with Metaknight, LOL make sure he doesn't reeaak like mine.

Domo, you didnt three stock me last game, but I think it's only cause I adjusted to your style. All you gotta do is tweak it a bit and I'm sure the three stocks will be back in action. I need like some MAJOR improvement. I'm glad that I actually felt Marth was going to do better then my Metaknight this time around though, my metaknight's recovery is weak, his ground game is okay, and I'm lacking tons of the keys required (nair? shuttle loop kill? comboes?) blah too much work haha.

If anybody's even made it this far I would like to address some issues about my own game. Main thing is I'm a shielder in brawl, which is weird cause I NEVER used shield at all in Melee. Problem is, I don't trust spot dodging in brawl like how I didn't trust the shield in melee, so I get grabbed easily. My anti grab strat (stay in the air most of the time or space yourself so you're out of grab range) can only do so much, and I was told I roll too much like newbs, so should I spot dodge rather then roll?

Final thing (post way too big) is I'm having trouble working dtilt into my game. I feel it's too vulnerable (can be shielded then punished) but I hear that it's used for spacing, and I think Cameron once said I used FSmash for spacing instead... which is slower and easier to shield+punish. So I'm thinking in certain parts of my style I should replace FSmash with dtilt. I don't notice the difference against CPUs cause those mind readers could power shield Squirtles jab. Any thoughts?

Got one more thing... I'll post it up later... if I ever end up thinking rationally again LOL.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Final thing (post way too big) is I'm having trouble working dtilt into my game. I feel it's too vulnerable (can be shielded then punished) but I hear that it's used for spacing, and I think Cameron once said I used FSmash for spacing instead... which is slower and easier to shield+punish. So I'm thinking in certain parts of my style I should replace FSmash with dtilt. I don't notice the difference against CPUs cause those mind readers could power shield Squirtles jab. Any thoughts?
If you space with D-tilt correctly, you'll never get grabbed.

Also, D-tilt is hard to punish. It's fast and pokes your opponent out of the range of most things.

#1 thing I'd suggest is to watch RoyR vids. You can learn a lot.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
i could have did a lot more in crews but u *******s but i had to go in on affinity and end up with ky. thats real gay yall lol o well shoutouts.

Ky's Crew
...... **** u guys lol naw u guys did an awesome job and deserve it. I jus wish i was better and could have at least beat ky with my 2 stocks but hey ill always be improving so maybe next time. Clel your marth is good we need to do some mirrors so i can hopefully give u some ideas on defensive options. Affinity good job on the 3 stock :mad:. i call frustration johns for holms lol. holms u are getting way better at the mk matchup. i could prolly show u some more stuff about it if u would care for me to show u. and dnt let getting u down mess up your game.. combacks happen. Ur true colors really show when u gotta come from behind be it u coming from the losers bracket of a tournament to win or u coming from and SD to win a crucial game. So stay calm believe in yourself and give it all u got. Cameron aka "the wrench in my plan" lol awesome games i was really surprised and uve been improving a lot really fast. stop it lol....... no really stop it haha. Hey zeton there are some things u gotta accept when fighting. if u try to force something that isnt there u only get hurt so make it easier on yourself and listen when ppl are trying to give u advice that should help your game. Bojanges u were my savior in teams i felt like i was a HS cheerleader cheering for u lol awesome job. Nynja u starting to get that matchup down... now i gotta throw some new stuff at u ive been thnkn about tryn for a while... didnt thnk that flaming monkey could get too much better but u proved me wrong. Overall I'm loving how u guys are all feeling the game more after that tournament. that fire is needed for all to improve and soon we will be recognized on an even higher level just watch and see.

Fino

Smash Master
Fino I could definitely use some practice against that oli. I find myself knowing alot less than I originally thought about matchups lately. After playing you, no oli will be able to stop me!! haha plus I've actually heard its a ****-tastic matchup for Pit. And I can't wait to play the best Links... lol best Links. If I hadn't played Arkive before, I'd find that comment hilarious.
LAWL, it's okay... I'm laughing right now. I still find it hilarious ^_^. Of course you're talking to the kid who at every meeting at JCCC will go behind arkive and say "what is this. link? what a joke character".
^_^
Well, to help you out KY, not only will you get the best match up practice you can get, I'll give you some tips to fighting him. He's such an odd character. I'd love to see what map you CP me on though :laugh: I've trained myself on some maps that people have confused as olimar disadvantaged stages.

MAN, getting so pumped for this! My pikmin are already cooking up some **** sauce for saturday.

EDIT:Affinity.... I got two more i want gif's for... can you still do it?

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
For Holms: These are some good tips for Kirby vs. Meta Knight you should definitely read it. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5929213&#post5929213 You already know the matchup though, the only thing holding you back is confidence. I saw it in your match. You were doing great but you started getting frustrated and fell back into bad habits that allowed Affinity to punish you. You can't take risks against Meta Knight. You must play calmly and wait for your opportunities.

As for best Links: LOL Pikachu on Rainbow cruise =D

Domo: Thanks for the compliment. I feel my downfall to Clel was my new agressive style forces my ROB to constantly "jump into the ****" when that's a matchup where I -have- to hang back and lure him into a commitment.

KY: We wouldn't have won those crew if our plans didn't fall into place exactly how we predicted. Bojangles really almost ruined the whole ****ing thing though.

JoeBangle: WTF? Stop tech chasing Meta Knight. How am I supposed to use Tornado for 2 straight minutes if you grab me all the time? :p

Holms

Smash Ace
i call frustration johns for holms lol. holms u are getting way better at the mk matchup. i could prolly show u some more stuff about it if u would care for me to show u. and dnt let getting u down mess up your game.. combacks happen. Ur true colors really show when u gotta come from behind be it u coming from the losers bracket of a tournament to win or u coming from and SD to win a crucial game. So stay calm believe in yourself and give it all u got.
Thanks. And teaching more stuffs would be awesome. Learned a lot yesterday, too! And staying calm has never been my forte. My problem is my obsession with controlling the match; If I'm behind by one stock, I feel like I have to even the score. When I get to a certain amount of damage, I already consider my stock to be gone. And when I'm down to my last stock, especially as quickly as Affinity managed to take me, I panic. I'm sort of used to it by now, but it still makes me do things I usually wouldn't do if I weren't panicking. :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm likin the new GIF Brandon

EDIT: Kansas shoutouts from BNB!

Stealth: Dude, I was great meeting up with you again. I always love doing Pika dittos. Lol, DOUBLE SPIKE! Can't wait to hang out again.

Zeaton: Zeaton, I was awesome talking to you again. Wow, you Fox is amazing. I wanted to get some good matches in, but it seemed like you were busy every time I got out of a match.

Chaos: Wow, that Lucas is nasty. I hate you guys for healing so much during our teams match. Had to get you back with that DOUBLE SPIKE! :p Keep it up!

Cameron: **** you guy! Looks like we are 1-1 in our Falcon dittos. Can't wait to finish those. Take it easy.

Nynja: Whoa. That Diddy is amazing. I love your high risk/high reward play style. I lost track of all the spikes that you were getting. It was fun hanging out with you.

Steeler Sam: Still the nastiest PT around. Sorry we didn't get to hang. Next time for sure.

Clel: Nice meeting you. We had some good Marth dittos. Good ****.

SuperGamer: Lol, good games man. Rolling Lucario.

Top Bottom