• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The fact with the Wii is that it's basically a computer, a computer that you own and paid for. You should be allowed to run any programs you want on it; it's pretty ridiculous for Nintendo to try to limit which programs you can run. Really, the console should have come with something like the Homebrew Channel from the start, but even if Nintendo wasn't going to program that themselves (reasonable enough given that it isn't free to develop such a program), it's just ridiculous for them to try to break it once someone else does. It's like Nintendo thinks they are the ones who should have the say in what you do with your computer as opposed to the user.

You can use Homebrew to avoid installing updates and to play the games anyway, and I'd advise doing that instead of updating to the 3.4 system menu. Nintendo isn't even really adding useful features (why can't I control the system menu with a Gamecube controller still?); it seems like the bulk of the content of these updates is just limiting users.

Holms

Smash Ace
The fact with the Wii is that it's basically a computer, a computer that you own and paid for. You should be allowed to run any programs you want on it; it's pretty ridiculous for Nintendo to try to limit which programs you can run. Really, the console should have come with something like the Homebrew Channel from the start, but even if Nintendo wasn't going to program that themselves (reasonable enough given that it isn't free to develop such a program), it's just ridiculous for them to try to break it once someone else does. It's like Nintendo thinks they are the ones who should have the say in what you do with your computer as opposed to the user.

You can use Homebrew to avoid installing updates and to play the games anyway, and I'd advise doing that instead of updating to the 3.4 system menu. Nintendo isn't even really adding useful features (why can't I control the system menu with a Gamecube controller still?); it seems like the bulk of the content of these updates is just limiting users.
Homebrew is one of the many ways to steal from Nintendo. Nintendo could really care less what you do with their stuff, but when you use THEIR stuff to steal THEIR stuff, I can easily imagine why it would not only tick them off but also fuel their desire to make unreasonable updates. And for crying outloud, they DO have something like Homebrew, aka Virtual Console? They're not dishing out emlulated stuffs as fast as they probably should, but again, it's THEIR stuffs. :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Homebrew is one of the many ways to steal from Nintendo. Nintendo could really care less what you do with their stuff, but when you use THEIR stuff to steal THEIR stuff, I can easily imagine why it would not only tick them off but also fuel their desire to make unreasonable updates. And for crying outloud, they DO have something like Homebrew, aka Virtual Console? They're not dishing out emlulated stuffs as fast as they probably should, but again, it's THEIR stuffs. :)
This man knows the deal lol. blame hbc for their stupidity in allowing emulators to cause this to happen. regardless im not updating until i have to. infinite replay is too good.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
I listened to most of the podcast I stopped a bit after when they did the random segment on the tier list. Props to Overswarm for being prepared and doing research beforehand.

ISJR is difficult to learn =[

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
man i cant wait to be done with this studying and play some brawl tommorow....also we might have a new guy joining us tommorow. His name is Brandon (no lie) and he plays fox........wtf is up with this....first we have 2 Nathans, then 2 Calebs, and now 2 Brandons.......I wonder whos next

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
man i cant wait to be done with this studying and play some brawl tommorow....also we might have a new guy joining us tommorow. His name is Brandon (no lie) and he plays fox........wtf is up with this....first we have 2 Nathans, then 2 Calebs, and now 2 Brandons.......I wonder whos next
Is this the Fox player that I said plays strikingly similar to Zeton?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i won't be at andy's tomorrow. sorry guys. hopefully we get together again before oh snap, even if it's just the rsc tourney or the tourney at the dude's house.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hey let me play Pikachu against this new Fox player, don't anybody warn him, I want to make him cry >=D

Edit: I might not be at Andy's tomorrow, there's a possibility I will be playing Left 4 Dead on 360 all night instead.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Are you joking? It's not "THEIR stuff"; it's MY Wii. They have absolutely zero claim to my Wii; it is every bit as much of a personal computer to me as the laptop I'm typing this response on. Using emulators isn't really stealing at all, and the Virtual Console is absolutely nothing like the Homebrew Channel anyway. The Homebrew Channel is a channel that lets users run their own programs which might be emulators but might also be literally anything (for instance, it might be a free game written by a private individual, it might be a word processor, or it might be a program to "cheat" in games). The idea is that the Wii is a computer that you own, and you decide what you want to run on it. The whole concept that Nintendo should, in any way whatsoever, attempt to filter what you are able to do on your Wii because, after all, you paid $250 for it and own it completely.

It wouldn't even be so bad if they were adding legitimately useful features in their updates, but they tweak the ways you can mess around in the useless Mii channel a bit and then focus the bulk of their development on restricting what you can do making their "updates" downgrades. It's not like there's a shortage of features they could be focusing on either. For instance, why can I still not use a Gamecube controller on the system menu? Why does the Wii still not have an "auto boot game on console start" feature? Why isn't there a feature to disable safety screens? Wouldn't making things like an "NES" channel to include a list of NES virtual console games fix the problem some users were having of running out of channels on their Wii even if they had the memory to install all of those virtual console games? These are the sorts of things I expect in an update, and it would be a whole lot less offensive if they were trying to break homebrew alongside something legitimately useful like this stuff.

Holms

Smash Ace
Are you joking? It's not "THEIR stuff"; it's MY Wii. They have absolutely zero claim to my Wii; it is every bit as much of a personal computer to me as the laptop I'm typing this response on.
Not too positive on that aspect, but I'm not gonna argue it. Just saying is all. Besides, what if Nintendo had a Homebrew-ish channel in development? What-if situation yes, but there goes that idea since someone else made it free, you know?

Anyway, I'm also gonna take back what I said about Homebrew being a Virtual Console since my knowledge on Homebrew was that it was simply a niftier emulator to replace the VC. Since it does much more than that, then I'm not gonna say anything against it. :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
this was voiced by overswarms brother, but overswarm told me he did a good job. he also says this was very easy, and to ask people who played games for fun. whatever that means lol. lol over 60 posts today.....

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
His $108 speeding ticket from Saturday said he can't go.
Thats nothin i got a ticket for going 67 in a 35, just three more miles faster and i was arrested... 276 bucks, that was...( **** yoda slang )

lol well I can only assume our 5 would have been Karmacide, Domo, Affinity, KY & Nynja. Do we really -need- anymore? lol
wtf are you guys talkin about???

rankings update including yesterday's bi-weekly, the hutch tourney, and animefest waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when.

perhaps we should keep this as season 1 and start a new list in january? or keep it ongoing?

edit i really want to know what was offensive about josh's sig...lol
wtf!!! 4th place!? and im under snake!? screw that im playin harder now! i wont loose to no snake! DIDDY GIMP POWERS ACTIVATE!!!

Im comin to your house tonight karma!!!!

ANY WAYS...... im gonna need a ride probly, i dont see the logic in flying there, karma is you be going? if not domo can i ride with you???

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Nynja we were talking about the Crew Battles at Oh Snap, which we originally thought would only allow 5 of us to compete but we now know that we will have 10 participants instead. I was just listing off who we probably would have sent in with 5. As for riding, we're going to be fleshing it out all week. You should have no trouble getting a ride.

Edit: Le_thien is now my homie, sorry Brandon. :p

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
nynja i wont be drivin if something dont change by go time. and yea u in 4th u havent been to a tournament of any kind in years. o and i need some diddy dittos with u guy. I picked up diddy and i wanna see how he goes against the anti-m2k lol. o and andy i got some new vids of some crazy snake vs mk stuff u may be interested in.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
nynja i wont be drivin if something dont change by go time. and yea u in 4th u havent been to a tournament of any kind in years. o and i need some diddy dittos with u guy. I picked up diddy and i wanna see how he goes against the anti-m2k lol. o and andy i got some new vids of some crazy snake vs mk stuff u may be interested in.

I'd be interested in that too. I'd like to not get three stocked on my own counterpick next time.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I can't wait to play today! I've been trying to increase my grenade game considering how well it threw a few people off last weekend. Also, I watched the videos of me and Domo with a fine eye and came to some realizations. Hopefully they will lead me closer to victory.

Nynja, that's pretty good placing considering how few of the bi-weeklies you've actually been to haha. And why do you have to pick on poor Snake? Look how high the MKs are! We should be working together to take them down!

Some time ago, Josh offered to drive me to Oh Snap because he plans on leaving on the same night just like I was so I will be traveling to this tournament with him. My cousins will not be attending.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hey let me play Pikachu against this new Fox player, don't anybody warn him, I want to make him cry >=D

Edit: I might not be at Andy's tomorrow, there's a possibility I will be playing Left 4 Dead on 360 all night instead.
i bet i would make him cry harder :)
*Glares at Inferno and Stealth.*

Zeton where shall I be heading to on Thursday?
Right now I am unsure since I'm not sure when the place we are going to brawl at will be available.
How late can you be out too anyway Supergamer?

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
i get out of work anywhere between 12:30-1
if supergamer wants, we can go to game on and set up smash.
or we can just do it at my or zetons house.

Top Bottom