• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Just wanna make sure this is right for the Bi-Weekly thread:

5: Team Gay Spike (Holmes & Attackstorm) - Kirby and Falco
7: Team Whatever (Supergamer & Zeton) - Lucario and Fox

Can someone please confirm this as being correct?

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
gg's guys i had fun.

if anyone is interested hutch can possibly host the bi-weeklies till inferno wants to take over again.

i think that if we do do it in hutch that we might have time fro singles and a gimmick. if the owner shows up at closing then we could do singles doubles and gimmick.l

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
All I have to say about our last last in the doubles is "Slippy isn't much of a screw up after all!"

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Okay I've been talking this over with my dad. Would anybody feel bad if we just skipped housing altogether and drove back home in shifts? It's only like 3 hours back so if we split up the time considering how tired we'd be, we'd save a TON of money on the hotel rooms. I mean, we wouldn't even get our money's worth if we stayed in them.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Okay I've been talking this over with my dad. Would anybody feel bad if we just skipped housing altogether and drove back home in shifts? It's only like 3 hours back so if we split up the time considering how tired we'd be, we'd save a TON of money on the hotel rooms. I mean, we wouldn't even get our money's worth if we stayed in them.
If one of Hanson's non-smash playing friends can't house us for free, then maybe.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think I'm in real trouble in terms of my ability to make it to OhSnap. I said I was going on the presumption that at least one other person from Kansas City would be going which seemed like a perfectly plausible presumption at the time... but evidently none of them are going (I didn't post about this earlier because I wanted to be sure of all of their status). I still really want to go, but traveling from Kansas City to Wichita is looking decidedly non-trivial. I'd have to borrow a car from someone else in my family and then pay for the gas completely by myself for the trip. That seems like something that isn't going to happen. Sorry to throw anything off I'm throwing off, but I just don't see what I can do.

Holms

Smash Ace
I'm okay with going to and from the tourney on the same day. I only have about 50 dollars reserved for this event, so paying ridiculous hotel prices would seriously prevent me from going. But again, I still can't be a designated driver.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I'm good for leaving and going on tourney day. I'm almost in the same shoes as Domo. (Not a lot of money)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
fine with driving there and back on saturday.

AA if you come to wichita, you won't have to pay anything for gas on the way to and from OK so keep that in mind...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I think I'm in real trouble in terms of my ability to make it to OhSnap. I said I was going on the presumption that at least one other person from Kansas City would be going which seemed like a perfectly plausible presumption at the time... but evidently none of them are going (I didn't post about this earlier because I wanted to be sure of all of their status). I still really want to go, but traveling from Kansas City to Wichita is looking decidedly non-trivial. I'd have to borrow a car from someone else in my family and then pay for the gas completely by myself for the trip. That seems like something that isn't going to happen. Sorry to throw anything off I'm throwing off, but I just don't see what I can do.
I think Arkive and 8bit might still be going. You may want to talk to them.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Arkive isn't going (I talked to him); I don't know about 8bit, but I am really doubtful he's going given that no one else is going and he hasn't really been making himself vocal.

If it somehow does work out, that would be really cool. I am just not holding my breath on this one.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Arkive isn't going (I talked to him); I don't know about 8bit, but I am really doubtful he's going given that no one else is going and he hasn't really been making himself vocal.

If it somehow does work out, that would be really cool. I am just not holding my breath on this one.
hope it works out with ya man. The more people the better

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Wow, KC fails.

Rolla, however, doesn't. Hope you can find a way to come.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well that sucks, I was really hoping we'd have the KC guys. Anyway we need to decide for sure what we are doing. Are we going to stay there Saturday night or drive home?

Top Bottom