• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
HUTCHINSON "GAME ON" TOURNAMENT RESULTS

1.) Domo - Meta Knight
2.) KY - Pit
3.) Affinity - Meta Knight
4.) Clel - Marth
5.) Zeton - Fox (go me!)
6.) ...NoobyMc.Chumperton... - Random? snake?
7.) Steeler - Pokemon Trainer
8.) BoJangles - Yoshi (awsome ;3)
9.) Joel - Ike!
10.) Holms - Kirby/ Pit
11.) Chaos Theory - Lucas
12.) Dark Edge - Mr. G&W
13.) John - Meta Knight/Pikachu/ King Dee Dee Dee (whew!)
14.) Nubz - Peach/ Falco
15.) Crap (that's the name, really.) -Olimar
16.) TMT - ...Wolf?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
OMG guys I got accepted into The GuildHall at SMU. Its a graduate video game development school near Dallas Texas(the school jesi is currently attending). I will be studying programming video games! They say there is 100% placement for programmers there to land a job in the game industry upon graduation! Soo exciting! I plan to move there for the start of the next semester in early January!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Sorry to hear you're leaving, but we all know Dallas has that great smash scene, so you won't miss us too much I guess lol. Glad to hear you got accepted though, know you've been hoping for this for a while now. And yeah, when it comes time to leave, we'll throw you a party and take turns whipping your *** at this little game called Brawl :p

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
oh my god i cannot stop laughing at steven's sig

that is my permanent sig forever

ahahahahahh

sad thing is that if i mained someone that didn't suck on the tier list, OS would probably be right

aww josh is leaving :( we are going to have to meet up whenever ict decides to head back to hobo! gonna miss you buddy, i'm sure the dallas scene will welcome you in. and you'll get better playing new people too!

yeah we are going to have to do something big for josh's going away thing :)

Fino

Smash Master
Hey, any of you up for wifi friendlies... I'm giving brawl one last chance. You gay out on me and take it easy I won't be happy. It'll probably be the deciding factor on the KC crew coming.
Thanks

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
on a scale of 1-10, how many people noticed arkive's avatar before anything else

because i didn't

ugggh i'd totally do it fino but i haven't slept since friday night. how about tomorrow?

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
OMG guys I got accepted into The GuildHall at SMU. Its a graduate video game development school near Dallas Texas(the school jesi is currently attending). I will be studying programming video games! They say there is 100% placement for programmers there to land a job in the game industry upon graduation! Soo exciting! I plan to move there for the start of the next semester in early January!
Quote Falco quitting the star fox team again?

What is it with my team quitting do I stink?

*sniff* ...awww....

Haha Congrats AttackStorm! ;3
lol know you're not REALLY quitting, but your gonna be missed bro! Our Fox vs Falco fights are always so epic! T_T

D

Deleted member

well....

i main link zelda luigi and peach :D and i secondary the rest of the cast lol (cept for the top tiers, for some reason i don't play any of them >_>)

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I know but my smash sense is tingling. I'd like to play after a hard day at school...(especially after tonight...)

Edit: On the side note...I REALLY need to get some videos of some of my fox action...I don't think there's another fox player out there that knows of what I can do...

supergamer001

Smash Ace
I've finally been able to transfer my reading ahead skills to brawl, this will help me immensely.

I volunteer my car for Oh Snap whether my parents like it or not xD

EDIT: Yes it'll be cleaned out too.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
You have no idea...

Its like a breakthrough when you can do this.
I've always been able to easily do it with other games it's just when brawl came out I just transferred everything I knew from melee and this just wasn't part of the deal.

Pretty much a game with Ikebo and an online game of chess made me reopen this process.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
I think I need to play a bit more chess now so I can continue reopening this. I would say I could just play my last MMORPG but I **** everyone there because they all move the same.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
how the **** is chess going to help you with brawl

watch videos and watch your habits in response to what the opponent does, and what the opponent does in response to your habits

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
chess is a game where the sole purpose is to read your opponent....it wont really help with brawl as a game, but playing it can get your mind into thinking deeply about what your opponent will do if you do something

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I have our expenses for the trip figured out. Here we go.

$20 entry for singles & doubles, $15 for just singles
$17 for 2 nights at Sooner Hotel, 6 people per room
$8.50 for 1 night, 6 per room.
(with our current group going, one room will only have 4 people)
OKlahoma has promised to pay $10 toward each room we use. If this pulls through it will be cheaper than stated.

If everyone goes that is 5 rooms.

For gas we're loking at something like $10-20 a person per vehicle. That should probably be enough but the people driving would have to give their own exact gas statistics and be prepared for extra costs themselves.

all together we are looking at a total of: $50-60 per person.

This will pay for your room, get you into the event, pay for brawl singles and brawl doubles and pay for gas. This does not cover any extra expenditures such as food, money matches, hookers, or crack cocaine, nor does it cover any other events such as Melee Singles, Doubles, Crew Battles etc. This also pays for 2 nights at the hotel which means we would arrive Friday night, play saturday and leave sunday morning. This is the leats stressful route. (overall this is signifigantly less than it actually cost us to do HOBO 11 since gas was so much more expensive)

Me and Affinity will be calling everyone this week and getting final confirmation from you guys if you are going. We need to hammer it out so we can give our list over to Le_Thien on who will be there -for sure-.

EDIT: While I'm here I think I should announce my decision on the future of the Wichita Bi-weekly series we've been doing for a couple of months now. As some of you are aware, my basement is getting a carpet overhaul that will flow directly into Christmas decorating that devours my basement alive like some sort of afterlunch snack on its way to holiday dominance. Because of this, we cannot have the bi-weeklies at my house after this Saturday for a while. My decision is to put the Bi-weeklies on hold until the first weekend of January in which we will return to destroying my basement as usual. However, this isnt to say we won't do any tournaments at all during this down time, just none of the Bi-weekly series.

Since this is going to be the last one for a while, I urge everyone to invite as many people as you possibly can and make it a good one (I'm also pretty sure that this will be Josh' last Bi-weekly because of his move next sememster). so remember, invite your friends and let's make it awesome.

Top Bottom