• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS's personal MU-ratio: Diddykong

solecalibur

Smash Master
I stole this from Ganon Boards but it will keep the activity of Zss boards on high , this will be a fastish paced (1 week per character tops) topic. We will be summarizing what we think is the MU ratio (anyone can post this is not limited to anyone as long as you know what your saying and you've had MU exp)

We will be just summarizing the MU in 4 sentences tops (going in depth more = MU board that is a sticky)

We will be discussing in the most original order possible, the order of the tier list

Meta Knight
Snake,
Diddy Kong, <- We are here
Falco,
Ice Climbers,
Marth,
Wario
King Dedede,
Pikachu,
Olimar,
Lucario,
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit,
Toon Link,
Zero Suit (Yes we are doing this)
Kirby,
R.O.B.
Donkey Kong,
Peach,
Fox,
Luigi,
Wolf
Sheik,
Pokémon Trainer,
Sonic,
Ness,
Bowser
Lucas,
Ike,
Yoshi,
Mario,
Falcon,
Samus,
Jigglypuff
Zelda,
Link,
Ganondorf

Example :
:zerosuitsamus: vs :zelda:

Nickriddle wrote :
MU ratio 70 : 30
This character is pretty terrible she is easy to gimp she lacks air mobility and the objective is to just pop her in the air and make sure your recording for your combo video, watch out for her dsmash/dtilt as it is the only gimicy thing about her as it is very fast dont bother double dsmashing as inbetween the first and 2nd she will beat you to the punch

SFP wrote:
MU ratio 65:35
Zelda is easy to juggle , easy to stop her camping game (pretty bad projectile), her predictable kill moves make her a terrible character , etc

** just an example

MU's Completed

Metaknight :

--------------
Solecalibur Wrote :

:zerosuitsamus: vs :metaknight:

Solecalibur:

MU Ratio 40:60

I still think Metaknight wins the MU regardless of the recent performance of nickriddle its just Nickriddle being nickriddle.... He can easily glide away from aireal combos rival our uair with his own uair or dair, his ground game destorys us but our dsmash does out range everything MK has on the ground (dsmash is still slow compared) and our dtilt out ranges everything MK has on the ground as well (exepct his own dtilt), MK does lack air mobility and our grab releases to regrab -) uair or dash attack can rack up some damage

Xonar:
MU ratio: 45:55

Basicly, you need to read him to get by, but his options are limited after a dsmash, so you have a guessing game that can turn out pretty bad for both characters (MK being in the air or ZSS going offstage), but we do need more reads than they do, but we are way more devestating after all. A grab is very legit, having options such as regrab, dash attack combos, uair and even fair. I don't know, for some reason I really love this MU, I've seen Mr R's Marth play against MKs and he really abuses MK's aerial mobility, while forcing them in the air, I think ZSS can do similar.

NickRiddle:

MU ratio 45:55

Our up-air beats his dair 100% of the time if spaced correctly. D-smash out-ranges every move he has on the ground. His terrible aerial mobility makes it easy to follow MK in the air, or punish his limited landing areas. If you can recover smartly and unpredictably he cannot gimp you either, which is the only thing MK 100% has against us in this MU.

Nefarious B

MK doesn't really punish us as hard as many other characters, allowing us to make full use of our high risk high reward moves much more in this matchup. As long as you're careful with your stage positioning and at high percents, you can build damage faster than MK and force him to approach you, where you have a much easier time setting up for a kill. His advantage comes from his ability to kill much easier than us because of his ground kill moves mostly, and his ability to break close to the ground juggles with nado.

SFP

The trick here is that MK's range is disjointed but still not very big, thus making several of our disjointed moves beat his. Meta Knight will require a gimp or low-range move to kill ZSS, so dancing outside of his range is strangely effective, and you should be able to live for a long time. If he takes to the air to attempt an approach, you can squelch that really easily because you play ZSS. ZSS has some of the more effective Tornado counters. If MK sticks to the ground, it is much more difficult, although down smash and down tilt are very effective here.

Zero
MU ratio 50:50

Try not to get caught in shield, as it effectively gets you a one way ticket on the pain train. So you're trying to dance around MKs range with autocancelled aerials and dtilts, trying to bait out a whiffed attack from the MK player and punish it accordingly. Be smart when you're recovering to minimise gimps. Try not to land within his range and use downB when he forces you to land into a charging smash attack. If they try to charge fsmash/dsmash when you're on the ledge, drop back > downB kick will beat it 100% of the time.

------------
:zerosuitsamus: vs :snake:

SFP
Ratio: 50:50
I suspect I will be in the minority in still insisting this match-up is relatively even, but this is one of the few instances where ZSS will be the polar opposite of her opponent character. Snake's attributes are flat-out superior (launch resistance, specifically) and his DACUS and dash attack give him a lot of speed on the ground that he can use to counter ZSS which can make things difficult, but ZSS' moveset is just better in this match-up. Like MK, Tilts and dsmash are pretty effective and her air game just makes his life difficult, especially when combined with his poor aerial mobility. Off-stage, ZSS just plain wins and should be dealing 30-50% damage each time he's off. Frankly, the only thing that stops ZSS from whooping Snake hard is how hard he hits vs. how light she is; it only takes like 5-6 hits to put ZSS in utilt range, which is fortunately pretty easy to avoid, but it's still something you have to worry about. Grenade camping is only as big a deal as ZSS chooses to make of it, and she can glide toss them, which is something we probably don't utilize enough. Catch the **** things, they don't hurt that bad unless they've been cooking.

NickRiddle
Ratio: 40:60
Snake is stupid. Tilts are annoying to get around, and will always beat every move we have, except for d-smash. When you're at kill percent, it's like Snake has this magical bubble around him, that you WILL NEVER GET INTO! U-tilt sucks for that reason. Grenades are annoying too, especially because Snake has that ****ing psychic drop bull****. It would be worse if we didn't edgeguard him, like everybody else. Teehee~

Xonar
Ratio: 50/50
Grenades are no deal, in fact, I think it improves the matchup for us if he keeps using them without getting a read. Yes, I think Snake needs a hard read to hit with a grenade while camping. That said, Snake sucks at approaching and ZSS is great at running. Crouching is really good against Snake, it allows you to avoid ftilt1, jab and grab. Crouching is a baiting tool and spacer. Overall, sideB really gets a Snake who gets predictable with Nade dropping, though as always, don't sideB too much. We can outrun him til he has to approach, then get him on that. His nades give us some more mobility too, thats cool, right?

Nefarious
45:55

This matchup is hard as balls. It really requires us to land something dumb on Snake to win IMO, we can't beat him off of normal play alone if you're around the same skill level. That being said, Snake is one of the easier characters to gay, and we have tools that are stupidly good for gaying him.

Crouching doesn't avoid ftilt 1 Xonar, did you mean crawling? That's still really good though. I agree that we can avoid Snake's nades pretty easily if we have plats to climb around on. Having to approach through nades though.. it's really hard if they know what they're doing.

I duno, I personally consider this my worst personal matchup as of now, so anything I say goes with grain of salt.

Deathfox30
50:50
Grenades are almost useless in this match up. We can also juggle snake extremely well provided we can get him in the air. If he didn't have a ridiculous disjoint on his F tilt that does like 26% each time and we weren't light, I think this would be heavily in our favor. The only thing that really makes this even is just how hard Snake hits compared to how light we are and how much trouble we have killing. I find D tilt extremely useful in this MU. Spamming D tilt on shield allows you to duck under shield grabs, but Snake's f tilt1 will beat it.

Solecalibur
40:60

Gahh this MU is annoying , you have to kill snake 3 times but he has the health of 6 stocks , unless you get a lucky gimp (down b on his UpB , his Cypher knocks you back like MK's shuttle loop) (flipstool when he is c4 recovering) , NEVER NEVER dash attack until at least 42% as your just gotta get ftilt'd has he doesn't really fall back that far , you can sheild grab all his tilts, we are essentially marth in this MU but we are much lighter in weight which puts us a disadvantage. Get those early "combos" and try and gimp him if possible, remember snakes have aura at 170 ****ing %
--------------

solecalibur

Smash Master
:metaknight: vs :zerosuitsamus:

MU Ratio 60:40

I still think Metaknight wins the MU regardless of the recent performance of nickriddle its just Nickriddle being nickriddle.... He can easily glide away from aireal combos rival our uair with his own uair or dair, his ground game destorys us but our dsmash does out range everything MK has on the ground (dsmash is still slow compared) and our dtilt out ranges everything MK has on the ground as well (exepct his own dtilt), MK does lack air mobility and our grab releases to regrab -) uair or dash attack can rack up some damage

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

Solecalibur:

Xonar:
MU ratio: 55:45

Basicly, you need to read him to get by, but his options are limited after a dsmash, so you have a guessing game that can turn out pretty bad for both characters (MK being in the air or ZSS going offstage), but we do need more reads than they do, but we are way more devestating after all. A grab is very legit, having options such as regrab, dash attack combos, uair and even fair. I don't know, for some reason I really love this MU, I've seen Mr R's Marth play against MKs and he really abuses MK's aerial mobility, while forcing them in the air, I think ZSS can do similar.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

Solecalibur:

Xonar:

NickRiddle:

MU ratio 55:45

Our up-air beats his dair 100% of the time if spaced correctly. D-smash out-ranges every move he has on the ground. His terrible aerial mobility makes it easy to follow MK in the air, or punish his limited landing areas. If you can recover smartly and unpredictably he cannot gimp you either, which is the only thing MK 100% has against us in this MU.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Hey just wanted to add that ZSS has more Grab Releases on MK when playing rainbow cruise when the stage is shifting to the right. Just thought u guys might want to experiment with that.

solecalibur

Smash Master
platform canceling since the stage always moves also helps with this.. but this isnt a MU discussion just quick ratios with a brief description

Nefarious B

Smash Champion

Solecalibur:

Xonar:

NickRiddle:

[Nefarious B]

MK doesn't really punish us as hard as many other characters, allowing us to make full use of our high risk high reward moves much more in this matchup. As long as you're careful with your stage positioning and at high percents, you can build damage faster than MK and force him to approach you, where you have a much easier time setting up for a kill. His advantage comes from his ability to kill much easier than us because of his ground kill moves mostly, and his ability to break close to the ground juggles with nado.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

Solecalibur:

Xonar:

NickRiddle:

Nefarious B

SFP

The trick here is that MK's range is disjointed but still not very big, thus making several of our disjointed moves beat his. Meta Knight will require a gimp or low-range move to kill ZSS, so dancing outside of his range is strangely effective, and you should be able to live for a long time. If he takes to the air to attempt an approach, you can squelch that really easily because you play ZSS. ZSS has some of the more effective Tornado counters. If MK sticks to the ground, it is much more difficult, although down smash and down tilt are very effective here.

Zero

Smash Hero

Solecalibur:

Xonar:

NickRiddle:

Nefarious B

SFP

Zero
MU ratio 50:50

Try not to get caught in shield, as it effectively gets you a one way ticket on the pain train. So you're trying to dance around MKs range with autocancelled aerials and dtilts, trying to bait out a whiffed attack from the MK player and punish it accordingly. Be smart when you're recovering to minimise gimps. Try not to land within his range and use downB when he forces you to land into a charging smash attack. If they try to charge fsmash/dsmash when you're on the ledge, drop back > downB kick will beat it 100% of the time.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Please say you mean disadvantage for Zss in this matchup? Yall are crazy if you think Zss wins.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wait why does this thread need to exist when every ZSS main says all their mu's are 60:40 ZSS favor???

???? :(?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Because you know our character better than we do. Get out.

That's not true. Falco is 4:6 :)
No. Do most of you even beat Mks regularly other then NR?

I want Dazwa and Snakeee's opinion on this matchup @________@................

solecalibur

Smash Master
Look at the position of the bat and look at the position of zss

edit - both dont contribute to zss boards normally

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You're pretty stupid. Get out.
-_____________________________________________________________-

Are the Australian Mk's even good. Like, I know of none and you're giving me **** to back up your statement that Mk loses to Zss. Tell me a notable Mk in your region and how you compare.

You've all described how to beat Mk, but I want a clear reason why this character of all characters wins. Inb4Zsscanmoveintheairfasterandbeatdaircamping (So can Wolf, but he still loses the matchup if only slightly).

Zero

Smash Hero
Well, Seagull Brain, if you read my post, I didn't say that MK loses to ZSS. My personal ratio is 50:50. I'm sorry that your eyes wandered from the ratio statement to the Location field, but that's really not my fault.

You know of no Australian MKs? Funny that, I don't know most American MKs. I'm sorry I don't pay attention to your metagame. You want to know why? Because I'm Australian. I know seagulls aren't capable of critical thinking, but try to refrain from pressing the "Post Quick Reply". Going Advanced will give you more time to examine your babble more closely.

EDIT: I'll bite and give you an answer. My regular doubles partner, crew mate and training partner is one of the better players in the country. He mains MK. We go even. Haven't played Shaya's MK in awhile though. Should go over and train. His MK is the best in the country, without a doubt.

EDIT2: Get out.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well, Seagull Brain, if you read my post, I didn't say that MK loses to ZSS. My personal ratio is 50:50. I'm sorry that your eyes wandered from the ratio statement to the Location field, but that's really not my fault.

You know of no Australian MKs? Funny that, I don't know most American MKs. I'm sorry I don't pay attention to your metagame. You want to know why? Because I'm Australian. I know seagulls aren't capable of critical thinking, but try to refrain from pressing the "Post Quick Reply". Going Advanced will give you more time to examine your babble more closely.
Actually, Seagulls are intelligent birds able to open up even clam shells with their beaks. I for one like opinions, but I'm also a realist and I refrain from insulting someone over the internet on a forum for a game. You only make yourself seem childish in front of others by name calling on some site.

You:

Zero

Smash Hero
You:

As well as being incredibly childish, I also don't respond well to being called "bad at the game" because I don't live on the Motherland. So I'm not going to honour you with my explanation of why I really don't want you to post here. I'm going to let your seagull intelligence work it out itself.

FYI you're playing a children's fighting game competitively. Look who's calling the kettle black.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Well Seagull for starters our matchup ratios have ranged from an advantage for MK to even at best. Zero's calling you an idiot because you didn't even check to make sure you were right before posting, multiple times.

And lol at ZS mains thinking they 60-40 everyone. Most of us recognize that the majority of our matchups are even, since she is a character that isn't easily dominated, nor does she dominate easily (duh)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So... is this some kind of raid on the ZSS boards by an idiot+another one just dropping a random statement? Honestly, you guys confuse me,

solecalibur

Smash Master
I just didnt know intelligence came from having the ability to open up a shell

but seriously on topic , I'll switch to snake two days from now

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I love these people.
MK vs. ZSS

55:45

Clearly, the position indicates ZSS is the first number.
Go back to your own boards and be ****ing ******** there.
kthxbye

Snakeee

Smash Master
I agree with MK beating ZSS at about 55-45. It's either that or 60-40. Me and NR should be the strongest authority on this one btw (and possibly Dazwa). Even though it's pretty close, when the MK knows precisely how to approach the MU, it can be extremely nerve-wrecking -_- .

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I mean, I'd think the people who are beating good MKs are the strongest authority on the matchup, and that's really just Nick.

But yeah Snakeee, specifics son

Snakeee

Smash Master
I mean, I'd think the people who are beating good MKs are the strongest authority on the matchup, and that's really just Nick.
O RLY?????

So I suppose me beating and taking sets off the top MK's in my region (one of the strongest by far) means nothing for this? And I also practice against my brother who's one of the top MK's in the country, but I guess that means nothing either. >_>

I don't feel like writing an essay on the MU right now, but maybe later if I feel up to it

Every time I visit these boards nowadays, it ends up getting into me vs. "enter name here" about whether or not I'm still awesome. Well, I am still awesome, in fact WAY MORE awesome, and you'll see me getting 1st at a national very soon :p

solecalibur

Smash Master
we are summarizing the MU you could have done it , in the reply you just stated , but you need to post more and show results you and dazwa

solecalibur

Smash Master
dood dazwa has that base covered

On topic we'll be starting snake since nothing productive is going on XD

edit - class starting soon so I'll have to go later

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
:snake: vs :zerosuitsamus:

SFP
Ratio: 50:50
I suspect I will be in the minority in still insisting this match-up is relatively even, but this is one of the few instances where ZSS will be the polar opposite of her opponent character. Snake's attributes are flat-out superior (launch resistance, specifically) and his DACUS and dash attack give him a lot of speed on the ground that he can use to counter ZSS which can make things difficult, but ZSS' moveset is just better in this match-up. Like MK, Tilts and dsmash are pretty effective and her air game just makes his life difficult, especially when combined with his poor aerial mobility. Off-stage, ZSS just plain wins and should be dealing 30-50% damage each time he's off. Frankly, the only thing that stops ZSS from whooping Snake hard is how hard he hits vs. how light she is; it only takes like 5-6 hits to put ZSS in utilt range, which is fortunately pretty easy to avoid, but it's still something you have to worry about. Grenade camping is only as big a deal as ZSS chooses to make of it, and she can glide toss them, which is something we probably don't utilize enough. Catch the **** things, they don't hurt that bad unless they've been cooking. ;)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I can't because your avatar is watching my every move o_O *sweat*
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Anyway I'll post something about ZSS vs Snake in a bit, just posting here to remind myself that I need to contribute to this particular matchup >_>

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
O RLY?????

So I suppose me beating and taking sets off the top MK's in my region (one of the strongest by far) means nothing for this? And I also practice against my brother who's one of the top MK's in the country, but I guess that means nothing either. >_>

I don't feel like writing an essay on the MU right now, but maybe later if I feel up to it
We all know you beat great MKs in the past, but the point is we're analyzing the matchup now, and the only person who is truly qualified to do that, if we're talking about beating top MKs now, is Nick.

That being said, I'm gonna comment on the matchup based on my understanding, and everyone else should do the same, even if we aren't at that level.

Every time I visit these boards nowadays, it ends up getting into me vs. "enter name here" about whether or not I'm still awesome. Well, I am still awesome, in fact WAY MORE awesome, and you'll see me getting 1st at a national very soon :p
Nah I'm not trying to start any rivalries, just messing with you because I think you could be able to do really well haha

Snakeee

Smash Master
We all know you beat great MKs in the past, but the point is we're analyzing the matchup now, and the only person who is truly qualified to do that, if we're talking about beating top MKs now, is Nick.

That being said, I'm gonna comment on the matchup based on my understanding, and everyone else should do the same, even if we aren't at that level.

Nah I'm not trying to start any rivalries, just messing with you because I think you could be able to do really well haha
That's a bunch of nonsense. I DO beat top MK's now. I've beaten MK's he's lost to and he's beaten MK's I've lost to. I'm not trying to even get into whom I believe is the better of us anyway.

Top Bottom