• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:zss:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" ft. Florida, GA, MD/VA =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I beat you in puff dittos charging fsmash
I beat you in Zelda dittos

in fact

I'm one of the only people in the world who can say I beat you last time we played

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็**ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็*็*ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็*็็

AND I DON'T EVEN PLAY NO MORE

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm going to try to get a car from GA to this. So it'll probably happen. Can't wait to see NC again :)

We'll need housing though for Friday night probably.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
3 tournaments. 3 states. 3 weekends.

all :ganondorf:
That sounds a lot like the text that would show up in the trailer for a movie. Just think, you have action, then you see the text "3 tournaments", etc, then it goes "All :ganondorf:", "Coming Soon to a theater near you".

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah names please.
2 fl cars and 1 (atm) ga car, we need housing =[
josh? Chris? Corey? The more responsible members in our community...Or anyone with space really...lol

:phone:

*CT*

Smash Lord
If I was in town I'd offer my crappy small dorm room; but I won't be here, so instead I'll name drop people in Raleigh too, that don't really come on here but probably play Melee still:

Trey Franks, Adam Melrose & Ben Salvodi (Those two should be living together)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So are we going to do pools or swiss or something before bracket? It sounds like there'll be enough people that we'll need to. Also, would it be possible to put pools/swiss/brackets on the projector this time? I know it was used for games last time, but I think it'd be a lot easier for people if they could just look at the projector to see what's going on, and worth the sacrifice.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Pools should happen imo(no one wants to go out there and try Swiss for some reason).

Maybe later bracket stuff on the projector but for the most part we should just try to use everything we can get in order to get matches done on time.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why doesn't anyone want to use swiss? I've played a lot of Magic, and I think it would work better than pools. If having a program is the problem, I could easily write one to do pairing, etc, and then jump to a top X bracket, where X is a multiple of 8.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
CT, ben is no longer with Adam, he has mysteriously disappeared from everywhere and all forms of communication. Adam has a new roommate and everything, and isn't connected to smash anymore so he won't house.
Also, same with my dorm room, too tiny to hold anyone. Alex cna house maybe 1 person overnight idk, it depends on his roommate's tolerance.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
raphael, you're bringing your recording setup right? you should find a way to get it attached to the projector because all of the MMs we have going down at this will be on there if so and that'd be hype lol.

you can work with us on this right stongers?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
its just a bad angle sitting there, the lighting is never very good on it, and the room isn't really setup for traffic to move anywhere but right past the projector when people are playing on it lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

is there any way to avoid that?

if not do you think you can adjust tables or such to set up a big TV somewhere that's not as inconveniently-placed?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
there's really no way to avoid it, since you have to sit rather far back from the projector in order to be able to see it all comfortably, and since it's set at that diagonal angle it takes up a rather lot more space than just the projector. and I don't really have any way to wall off that area to prevent people from walking past it no.

you could have it setup to the projector and a TV at the same time so the players wouldnt have to play off of the projector and people could walk past it freely like at Apex, but I wouldn't have the first clue of how to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom