• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:zss:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" ft. Florida, GA, MD/VA =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

panmaaan

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody, my name is robert pan, and I will be coming to this tournament.

I was the best melee player in my high school, and even though I haven't really played much in the last 3 years, I think I'm still probably the best in my college. I can pretty much 2-3 stock everyone I play consistently, and they wavedash and l cancel and do fancy advance techs.

I have not been really active in this community due to school and such, so this will be my first large tournament. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community, and hope to see you there.

Oh yeah, I will be accepting any and all money matches for my marth and fox. I can also do mario, falco, and falcon if you really want to. Nothing below 5$ tho, because I don't want to play if the stakes are too low.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i think mods should just act like they dont see funny stuff like that for a while and then ban

i dont laugh often these days; I NEED WHAT I CAN GET!

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I thought that stutter stepping was pressing back right before smashing, though it acn be done with more moves than smashes. it's really useful for many characters. for example ganon and falcon stutter stepping their fsmashes gives them around 40% more range, which is huge. let's you hit characters getup attacking with an fsmash lol. I see sonics do it a lot as well to dododge things because they can stutter step like a length of a character.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I thought that stutter stepping was pressing back right before smashing, though it acn be done with more moves than smashes. it's really useful for many characters. for example ganon and falcon stutter stepping their fsmashes gives them around 40% more range, which is huge. let's you hit characters getup attacking with an fsmash lol. I see sonics do it a lot as well to dododge things because they can stutter step like a length of a character.
This is pretty much correct.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
so its pivoting?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that's what it sounds like. a pivot fsmash and things of the sort.

like when my ganon does pivot retreating fairs to punish things.

edit: maybe even more like one of those stickywalk baits. those are pretty cool.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cool.

i really wanted to do it against smith. but my hands just legitimately couldn't do it. my shines were aerial, so it just became an uair. i can shine usmash normally, like as a techchase, but doing it out of shield was beyond me lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
yeah I don't do grounded shines OOS well either lol but twitch can do stuff like that if he wants to so I'll see if I can get him to start doing it.

I should also probably tell him to Dair and Uptilt more, but eh it's here he'll see it eventually lol.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
possibly showing up with a few other people that want to see the smash scene from highpoint.

possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom