• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can act from the first frame of drop when you powershield something.
if tornado is done correctly it hits every 4 frames If I remember correctly.
when you don't mash B hard it hit's every six frames. (if done frame perfectly frame 6 grabs will trade but you will still grab)

if the tornado is fresh you will have 5 frames of shield stun so it's practically impossible to do something in that case.

I would not challenge it :/
I don't know the downB frame data but perhaps that move would be a better idea because of invincible frames :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Uh
So you're telling me it'll hit every 4 frames even when you take into account the hitlag that MK suffers for nadoing a shield?
Or does nado not cause MK any hitlag?

And I have both L and B set to shield, Mink. Normally I use L, I use B for things like platform cancelling and powershielding **** such as Falco's lasers.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Yika.

We tested Down B and it is easier than Utilt.
The problem is, even if mastered, the down-b is not always useful (it doesn't hit the Nado everytime, so it would be often more useful to just wait in shield).

tldr: if we don't master the Utilt, it won't be worth it to learn this technique :/

Yikarur

Smash Master
Uh
So you're telling me it'll hit every 4 frames even when you take into account the hitlag that MK suffers for nadoing a shield?
Or does nado not cause MK any hitlag?

there is not hitlag involved in tornado.
when you do tornado you hear that wooosh sound of the tornado.
does it seem delayed when you hit someone? not really.
MK has no hitlag while hitting with tornado, you have hitlag if you shield a fresh tornado only. (and perhaps thoose hits that have knockback but I'm not sure right now)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I beat FGCU Viper twice in GFs :falco: but lost to him in WF
Beat Megaladon :snake:
D Who :lucario: as my decently notable wins.

FGCU Viper used to be Power Ranked in FL (before last week). I went IC for the falco sets. It was ridic hard. GF1 i beat him 3-0 and then GF2 it went to game 5 and i won because i killed him for killing nana. Haha. But, my ZSS was on point yesterday as well. Megaladon really knows that MU.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Dakpo you use some special stuff I only see doing by your Zss. It isn't surprising me you are placing well!
Also gz on Delux, but to be honest i never saw your Zss in action

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Videos will be posted at some point. I don't remember which games we saved from LF where he kinda bodied me repeatedly, but WSF was saved and should be on stream at twitch.tv/cosmash

DeLux

Be happy for him.
I played ICs for 5 games straight without making the adaptations necessary to win.
He executed while I did not.
The better player won, I deserved to lose.

Celebrate his success and please don't pity my failure :)

DeLux

We played two sets where I lost 0-2 and 0-3 lol
That's 5 games. Was really tempted to bring out the Falco, that's how ugly it got at one point.

DeLux

Because he's Dakpo and that guy is the truth

More in detail:
I played DRN in the ditto at one time and it didn't end well. If I could get past the item phase at the beginning of the match, I might be able to hold my own. But playing from a stock down every game is bad strategy for me. Although the thought did cross my mind, but Dakpo is flat out better than me lol

DeLux

I think we can both agree to pretend like that never happened :D

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Question: is it well known that you can DI towards the stage during hitstun and auto-cancel an aerial to "tech?"

To test, get to like 60% and have dk fsmash you. DI towards the stage and use bair to momentum cancel.

DeLux

Wouldn't you retain your momentum while still being in standing animation?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
well the issue is that i had trouble with my PatG DI :(

There's a way to DI like directly into the stage when hit, right? That doesn't involve holding down.

DeLux

I'll look into this.

It might be that the sliding momentum thing I was think of was when one air dodged into the ground after being hit in a failed attempt to tech the ground.

I don't think I've actually tried throwing out an aerial in the hope of hitting the auto cancel window pre-hitbox.

Interesting idea as usual SFP :)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
DeLux, do you have AIM or another place I could contact you to ask some questions? Sometimes I think I found stuff but I don't want to go posting it on the forums and looking dumb later. :pP lol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdE7HHsnjxg reverse froll oos

To clarify this post, pivot rolling is what happens when you mash back once on the control stick and hit shield while at neutral. It basically allows ZSS to use her forward roll as a back roll.

Until now we couldn't even do it out of shield in a makeshift way (ie, suffering the shield drop frames then pivot frames) but now you can. What this does is allow you to (after shield drop frames) do ZSS' forward roll as a back roll. For ZSS the entire thing is either 11 or 12 frames OOS. I can't get a good answer as to how many frames a pivot adds, some say 0.

The advantage of this is that it's harder to punish. The 12 frame period should happen during the ending lag of whatever attack your opponent did, and the animation ends much faster than the back roll animation.

Experiment with it, it might suck.

If it doesn't suck and you can master this, I can honestly not see a reason to use a bad back roll ever again.

Top Bottom