• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Debating using my Go to Australia fund to go, not even kidding

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
quik I dunno if you know this, but I'm an American living in Portugal so I don't know anything about European tournaments. If you sleep in the venue, where do you like... shower? :X What is a McFit?

Also I was hoping I could ask a few questions about travelling within Europe. I live in Portugal, is it best to take a train? AHH Hype.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
quik I dunno if you know this, but I'm an American living in Portugal so I don't know anything about European tournaments. If you sleep in the venue, where do you like... shower? :X What is a McFit?

Also I was hoping I could ask a few questions about travelling within Europe. I live in Portugal, is it best to take a train? AHH Hype.
DeLux: that's really nice to hear, you won't regret that!

Nah i always asked myself where you are from lol. thought the first time you are a French guy cause of your nickname XD
McFit is a fitness center. I don't have more information for this, but this should be a legit way to shower.

Where do you plan to go? The train is not really cheap, if you buy regular tickets. BUT maybe you can find a way, to get a special ticket or something to travel cheaply. Just tell me where do you want to travel and I can help you better.

For everyone: The city of the tournament lies in the heart of the German Smash community. In other words there are many smashers living in the area (from 30minutes to 2 hours distance). I am sure there would be some of these guys okay to offer you some housing.
Just staying for a weekend in a foreign CONTINENT and paying very much for the flight shouldn't be worth just for short amount of time like 3 days.

space23

Smash Rookie
Okay I think the ROB match-up needs reviewing. Even with the infinite, I don't think the match-up is greatly in zss favour. It possibly is even

And I would like to go to that tourney quicK, but if I get some of the usual UK brawlers to attend too. Hype

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
He gets destroyed.
It's like almost +2 WITHOUT the infinite.
Now, we land a d-smash and kill him?
That's so bad.

DeLux

It's like even for ICs and it's substantially easier with ZSS than it was with ICs if that means anything

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Where do you plan to go? The train is not really cheap, if you buy regular tickets. BUT maybe you can find a way, to get a special ticket or something to travel cheaply. Just tell me where do you want to travel and I can help you better.
Well, I meant specifically travelling to Düsseldorf for the Smash tourney. :)

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Well, I meant specifically travelling to Düsseldorf for the Smash tourney. :)
From Düsseldorf to the tournament train will be the best idea. It isn't very far away. Maybe you could travel there with some German smasher (even with car).
If you plan to take the train from Portugal to Düsseldorf (i don't understand you exactly), I have no idea lol. Best way is to fly of course.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Salem 3-stocked Dill first game... and used infinite on him, lol.

Dill being very good player I respect a lot, it really says something. :\

IMO ZSS only has a few total shutout matches that are't bottom tier characters: DK and ROB, possibly Kirby, although I personally suck at that match-up. I don't think a Kirby player has beaten any top ZSS in tourney at any point in the game's history since 2008.

From Düsseldorf to the tournament train will be the best idea. It isn't very far away. Maybe you could travel there with some German smasher (even with car).
If you plan to take the train from Portugal to Düsseldorf (i don't understand you exactly), I have no idea lol. Best way is to fly of course.
Ah sorry. I was asking the best way to travel from Portugal to Germany. I always heard in america that trains were the best way. You answered me. Thanks! :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Forget what I said about ROB being -2, it's -3 lol.

I was basing it off of my experience against Holy but then I remembered that I wasn't good at the infinite any of the times I played him...lol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
SFP do you know in what stage that was? Was it FD?
Not a clue, I assume FD? Is the infinite even doable on other stages? :X (EDIT: I checked, it's doable anywhere)
Forget what I said about ROB being -2, it's -3 lol.

I was basing it off of my experience against Holy but then I remembered that I wasn't good at the infinite any of the times I played him...lol
The infinite is enormously flexible too, you can actually dsmash at the very tip of the move and then dash forward and immediately footstool dair cancel then start it.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
ROB infinite.

D-smash > turn > footstool > instant dair > paralyzer x2 (for timing) > d-smash > repeat.
I tried this out, good way for the infinite.

But in a real match it will be hard to perform it exactly this way, because of the turnaroud before the footstool.
If you don't get Rob in the DSmash right in front of you, you first have to walk a bit to him for making a footstool. Now think you have to perform somehow a turnaround footstool after the walking, it sounds really complicate and i am not sure if this works.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
kinda unusual yea, but you are right. have to practice it!
i thought it's better to walk first to Rob and then footstool, like the Nana lock x:

edit: guyysss
you will know this for sure http://youtu.be/LjFQtAubet4
people may say, it's useless, because Mk can nado above the jab. but we have utilt. so let's learn this ****. i replaced now Jump on X for Shield, so it's easier to perform. I will practice it this weekend

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
You're not alone, I can't get it either :c

Oh well, I can't see it being too useful either because what are the chances of your opponent standing in that exact spot? :L

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
edit: guyysss
you will know this for sure http://youtu.be/LjFQtAubet4
people may say, it's useless, because Mk can nado above the jab. but we have utilt. so let's learn this ****. i replaced now Jump on X for Shield, so it's easier to perform. I will practice it this weekend
Did someone try this out?
I tried it today and it only worked with the jab. But only the utilt is really useful, but it doesn't work lol. Does anyone know the exact inuput or something?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I was doing this at Genesis 2 a little.

It's just a shield input as quickly as you can let go, and A. Jab and u-tilt are both good. Only problem is when MKs stop using Nado low enough that this will work. PSC > dB would probably be amazing.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I guess not.

I am at cyve's house right now
Worth noting that a lot of those videos are recorded in frame advance and then sped up for the purposes of showing what's possible, which means frame perfection is probably important.

Try tilting up before shielding and then doing shield-attack input very very fast. Just like jabbing except with up already tilted on the control stick before you shield.

You probably have to have tap jump off.

To clarify:

Tilt up on the control stick before tornado hits
Input the same thing as jab out of PSC

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Yea Riddle, because of this utilt is in general better, but also harder.
SFP i tried this exactly this way many times, and also Cyve. We both failed with utilt. I think we are just too slow/there is much practice needed.
**** it

Dakpo

Smash Lord
big tourney tomorrow, Im gonna try really hard to place in money! wish me luck

Note, I have tried to get PSC down, but its super difficult

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Good luck Dakpo.

Okay so from what I remember, shield drop for powershielding is 7 frames, but frames 3 and onward are IASA frames, or all 7 frames are IASA frames

I'm also fairly certain that nado hits every 6 frames when done properly

Utilt comes out on frame 3

What this means is that in the former case, since utilt starts on frame 3 of shield drop it'll come out on frame 5, meaning that if we screw up by even 1 frame our utilt will trade with nado (thus, we have to be frame perfect)

In the latter case, we don't have to be frame perfect (still pretty hard probably, especially for you ****ers that use shoulder buttons to PS...I have B set to shield so I'm alright :D) and PS-->utilt works.

I should go ask someone from the smash lab. But yeah basically it's either impossible or just pretty hard.

DeLux

I summon Yikarur since he always *****es at people to correct Mach Tornado info

Top Bottom