• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I thought he was saying with dair we could plat cancel on any plat now, I've always done it with pressing down as i go through the plat and airdodging

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Me wana learnst hao to pleii SSZ.

I decided to pick her up the other day.
Can I get a few basic directives on how to play SSZ;
You know... Things to keep in mind, attacks to abuse, things you NEVER do, things to practice on and general hints/tips.

Thx on beforehand.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
I thought he was saying with dair we could plat cancel on any plat now, I've always done it with pressing down as i go through the plat and airdodging
No sorry.
I just said on SV since I have tryed it out on Battlefield and it didn't work.
I've just found it easy (IMO) to do the platform cancel with the Dair.

Zero

Smash Hero
Me wana learnst hao to pleii SSZ.

I decided to pick her up the other day.
Can I get a few basic directives on how to play SSZ;
You know... Things to keep in mind, attacks to abuse, things you NEVER do, things to practice on and general hints/tips.

Thx on beforehand.
Read the guide.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Read the guide, play around with what you've learned and develop your own style, then watch videos to see what others are doing and figure out what was good and bad about your style.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
ZSS Adventures...
:uzi: :teleportg :rocket:

:zerosuitsamus: Is that all? Ima get ma Power Suit

:samus2: Lokout ima firin ma laza!
*zero lazers*

:burst:

:zerosuitsamus: Try me.
ANOTHER ZAMUS ADVENTURE!!!

:lucas: PK Freeze!
:zerosuitsamus: How dare you freeze me! But i am forgiving so ill forgive you :)
Just don't do it again.
:zerosuitsamus: -_- seriously??? stop that D:
:zerosuitsamus: OMG seriously? IS that all you haff?
:zerosuitsamus: UGH!!! :mad:

:samus2: IM GONNA GET YOU!!!!!!!!
:lucas: oh snap
*Fires Zero Lazer*
:zerosuitsamus: Try me.
:p

Zero

Smash Hero
I've got better things to do than to reiterate what has already been said, especially to someone too lazy to look it up themselves and I'm positive the rest of the board frequenters feel the same way.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
The guide is honestly pretty concise and gives a fairly good idea of our metagame. The only thing is that ZS doesn't have very abusable characteristics so even though she has good matchups across the board there isn't any unifying strategy that you can go to if you don't know the matchup, like how Falco or MK can for example

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
That's true.
The thing with characters like Falco (I'm talking with experience here) is that any timem you're feeling uncomfortable you can just run away and camp a bit, recollect your thoughts and stuff.

Being able to get out of the heat and just camp a bit or wall makes matches that much more comfortable. As ZSS, you need to stay alert all the time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea i tend to not play that MU with ZSS. Kindof like playing Lucas for Snake. :laugh:

I'm glad I have a co-main for Falco. Lucas does better for him and same with Diddy. ;3

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
A ZSS ADVENTURE

:zerosuitsamus: Don't try me.

:falco: Hey that's my line! D:

:zerosuitsamus: What is?

:falco: Don't try me.

:zerosuitsamus: Why would I wanna try you?

:falco: -_- That's my line.

:zerosuitsamus: Why would i wanna try you is your line? um ok...

:falco: No you idiot Dont try me is!

:zerosuitsamus: oh... That makes more sense :)

DID YOU JUST CALL ME AN IDIOT!!??

:falco: no

:zerosuitsamus: YES YOU DID! *gets smashball*

:samus2: >:D

:falco: oh snap

*zero lasers*

:zerosuitsamus: Don't try me.

:falco: *face palm*

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've got better things to do than to reiterate what has already been said
You do?

especially to someone too lazy to look it up themselves
It's stupid to read the "advanced" guide before one has got the hang on a character.
It's like reading a book without an introduction.
Therefor, I'm seeking information that suits a SSZ-beginner.

and I'm positive the rest of the board frequenters feel the same way.
That's the most cowardly thing a human can say.
Stand up for yourself.

And keep in mind, when you're "speaking for everyone", you also give a negative picture of every ZSS Main, and not just yourself.

[Z1GMA stole 122 rupee(s) from kaleidoRuby]

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zigma the Guide is a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly extremely helpful guide. Before I read it I was playing ZSS way wrong but then I learned so many new tricks from there and it teaches all the basics (well pretty much)

But if you have any questions, asking in the Q&A thread would be good ^-^

I'll agree with Kaleido because he seems right. =P

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just red these posts.
The guide is honestly pretty concise and gives a fairly good idea of our metagame. The only thing is that ZS doesn't have very abusable characteristics so even though she has good matchups across the board there isn't any unifying strategy that you can go to if you don't know the matchup, like how Falco or MK can for example
That's true.
The thing with characters like Falco (I'm talking with experience here) is that any timem you're feeling uncomfortable you can just run away and camp a bit, recollect your thoughts and stuff.

Being able to get out of the heat and just camp a bit or wall makes matches that much more comfortable. As ZSS, you need to stay alert all the time.
This was sort of the kind of advice I was looking for. Not much, but at least sumthin'.

@kaleidoRuby: You should use ^these guys as your Role Models.

EDIT:
Zigma the Guide is a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly extremely helpful guide. Before I read it I was playing ZSS way wrong but then I learned so many new tricks from there and it teaches all the basics (well pretty much)

But if you have any questions, asking in the Q&A thread would be good ^-^

I'll agree with Kaleido because he seems right. =P
Ah.. Well I'll read it later on, then.

Zero

Smash Hero
Thread title:

-The Complete Guide to Zero Suit Samus-

I don't see advanced or beginner. I see complete. Learn to read.

The info they told you can be found in the guide.

HOWEVER. I apologise for coming off as unhelpful, I was in a pretty foul mood for the whole of yesterday. I just think the best value that you can promote in a player is proactivity; finding out things for yourself and only asking when you are totally stuck.

@Xonar: But you failed Java :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Thread title:

-The Complete Guide to Zero Suit Samus-

I don't see advanced or beginner. I see complete. Learn to read.

The info they told you can be found in the guide.

HOWEVER. I apologise for coming off as unhelpful, I was in a pretty foul mood for the whole of yesterday. I just think the best value that you can promote in a player is proactivity; finding out things for yourself and only asking when you are totally stuck.
It's ok. No hard feelings here.

[Z1GMA gave back 1 rupee(s) to kaleidoRuby]

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Yo doods, we need to make one of these.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278186

This looks incredibly useful. Someone should make one of these for Mr. Dr.Riddle, or maybe Snakee (?).

One back draw: The Doctor will probably end up hating us if other character boards find our thread.

So yeah, someone steal my stolen idea and do this, because if I do anything to help, I'll be working on my Suit Piece project (which I still can't do, because my god **** Wii WON'T PLAY MY FREAKIN' WII GAMES).

solecalibur

Smash Master
Only issue with that idea is there is no set in stone way to play zss , Nick Riddle's play style contradicts a lot of other zss while others are adapting to how Nick plays, I do agree. we might want to have one but not that a lot of random D-smashes are used to space or something like that

Zero

Smash Hero
Playing ZSS is art.

On another topic, I'm thinking of picking up Sheik to use against Wolf and Falco: two matchups I don't like very much with ZSS. I know I should be picking up Pikachu instead, but Sheik is more my type of character. Would you guys recommend picking up Sheik?

solecalibur

Smash Master
I do recommend pika or ICs (lol still thinking if I should waste my time doing this ) but I personally am picking up snake to deal with MUs that are just annoying (Wolf and Falco are on the list even though Im better vs falco with my zss as of now) but its probly a good idea to use other characters if your not comfortable with zss in certain MUs

I do find it funny when one character has ONE bad mu (diddy vs snake) and I will not hear them shutup about the MU problems while we have more 60/40s to deal with yet we make it through

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I kinda want to pick up Sheik too. I'll join you on this quest and see how it goes xD
Sheik is just...so fun!! <3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sheik is fun :L

However Lucas covers Pika, Diddy, Falco, Fox, Wolf pretty well so im set.

I love my mains <3 however I wanna learn with all the ladies of brawl after I get alot better.

except Martha >_>

Top Bottom