• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You SD too much on Norfair? That should be the least of your problems lol. Where are you playing that allows that stage anyways?

Well I have a very unhealthy SD problem where I accidently Dair ;___; I'm working on it though. The area I am playing uses MLG stages for every tournament I have been to so far. I live in the MD/VA area. I love Norfair for ZSS but we have a Love/Hate relationship it seems :laugh:

Good stages IMO: (subject to matchup of course)
RC
Brinstar
BF
PS1
SV
CS

Okay:
Lylat
Halberd
Frigate
FD (Very subject to matchup)

Bad:
Delfino
Japes
Yoshis

I have seen the error of my ways saying Delfino for a starter x_x FO is interesting and I like it a bit more than I should. ^^" And wow Castle Siege as a good stage :O that sounds like it would be fun to try out. I like PS2 the best because during that Air part and certain changes ZSS does quite well (once you learn how to navigate it that is). Thoughts on PS2? Also <3 ZSS for having all my favorite stages being good stages for her.

Against Kirby, just camp and space. Don't let him follow your landings (conserve your jumps and down b to avoid this) so that you avoid getting trapped into an fsmash kill at low percents. Don't fall for his gimmicks

Yea Kirby is one of my hardest MUs it seems T_T. So playing Patient and camping is the key. I was noticing that and saving jumps is good. I reaaaaaally wish I wouldv'e known this before a couple of matches....i've been playing it all wrong :laugh:
Comments in Pink and thank you Nefarious ;D

solecalibur

Smash Master
Delfino and halberd are really good stages IMO but she doesnt have any real bad stages, I say japes is her only bad one

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
ah I just don't like Delfino too too much but eh I could work through that hate. And i never actually have been cped to Halberd yet. All i know is to ban it against Snake and Fox for her.

Japes is NOT fun at all T_T but it's not a legal stage in my area i think so yay. ;3

Oh and Green Greens. what's your opinion there?

solecalibur

Smash Master
I CP marths to BF (I have so much practice on this stage its broken) and CP metaknight mains to Halberd to lure out there snake

my system is a bit strange

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea I actually don't mind Marth on BF with ZSS when they CP me there :S

and whatever works works Sole :laugh:

solecalibur

Smash Master
I also tend to stick to only having 1 or 2 counter picks for one character so I get use to the MU on the stage (MK seems like Im learning a new character MU on every stage >.>)

edit - I try not to give advice on telling ppl to counter pick marths to BF >.>

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol i wouldn't CP marth there I just know how to play him there when I get CPed there.

Yea with me I just stick with PS2, Rainbow, or Brinstar since those are my favorite stages.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Jbandit I think delfino should be included in a 9 stage starter list as well, but I would probably strike it for us. It's a good balance to FD, having more counterpick elements to it.

I kind of agree we don't really have bad stages in general, I kind of even like Japes because of the plat mind games we can do. We can shark the side platforms with very little risk with uair and down b, which is awesome. The reason I put those three in the bad category is because they irritate me in the way I have change my playstyle.

Yoshi's kills my suit piece game worse than any other stage. Japes has the side b issues, though this is easy to get around by just throwing out the side b when you're out of range then fast falling into the correct spacing (see 0:40 in this vid for what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CK5Zjl8gb0&playnext_from=TL&videos=yFFvLiEjjeo&feature=sub). Delfino, I just find many of the transformations awkward and the close blast zones on many of them are very threatening to us. I think I need more practice there.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hm I like the new stage list alot and especially the way my area has it set up. However the only time I have started there is the D3 MU.

I have never really cared for Yoshi's Island for a stage since none of my characters have ever seemed to do their best there. (i.e. Lucas, ZSS, GW, and Jiggz)

Im gonna have to learn the geography of Delfino and how to play it with ZSS.

Now that I think of this I shouldv'e asked these questions in the help thread x_x

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
D: Well it'll get more activity now it is the summer time hopefully ^-^

So I finally beat an MK with ZSS, it was extrememly satisfying.

Zero

Smash Hero
Also does anyone know how to play the Kirby MU?
Don't get grabbed.

Shield everything and punish. This is a matchup where you can legitimately shield every single hit and hit Kirby with something.

DON'T AIRDODGE INTO THE GROUND. Kirby's fsmash hurts.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
;o that seems like that would make the MU really fun. But yea Fsmash hurts.....alot x-x

Kirby's when the grab are so annoying for me T~T

and lol KK John ill try it out more

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
What is that?
It's just an application of a mechanic that happens during the infinite on ROB.
We're able to do that infinite because when we do the footstool ZSS is close to the ground.
When you do a dair close to the ground it autocancels immediately.

So basically you have to do an air jump and then Dair at a certain point while rising onto the moving platform.
The Dair autocancels and you can do whatever you want from there.
I "discovered" it two weeks ago.
I thought you guys had already knew about this Dair application.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
So... it's a platform cancel?
Yep.
Well I don't know how to call it tbh.
I've mastered almost perfectly (is not that hard btw) so if you guys want I can show you some application in a real match.
Maybe this can be usefull.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yep.
Well I don't know how to call it tbh.
I've mastered almost perfectly (is not that hard btw) so if you guys want I can show you some application in a real match.
Maybe this can be usefull.
Ooo show it in training first then in a match if you can >.>

Zero

Smash Hero
This could potentially be a great tech for us, as it allows us to jump onto any platform, dair cancel and then shield/do anything. Normally shielding directly onto a platform can only be done on moving platforms (Smashville, Lylat, not sure on others). If this works, we potentially have a safe approach onto platforms above us.

I'm not sure how to do the initial tech though (cancel momentum on moving platform).

Zero

Smash Hero
OK, I've just played around with it a little bit so I'll post my initial thoughts and notes on it.

You can only do this on moving platforms. Which means no Battlefield, Delfino, Siege, Brinstar or Stadium.

You can do it on the platform on Yoshi's only when it's changing its angle.

The stages that this would be most useful for are Smashville, Lylat Cruise and Rainbow Cruise.

You can use it to immediately land on a platform once you pass a certain height (it's not very strict on the height required). Because of this, I think this will be very useful for continuing pressure. It could even be a way of extending combos by dair cancelling to get our second jump back, essentially giving us three uair jumps.

This tech is also useful for extending the height that we can reach in a short period of time.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Thank you guys. :D
Now it's time to figure out how to use it at full potential. >_>

Top Bottom